Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering about the timing of Bill & Sandy Arias video today (of all things). Here we are speculating that she has been testifying and throwing her parents under the bus with horrendous abuse fiction - super secrets gets overruled and within a few hours . . . . this?

:seeya: Just had some thoughts after reading your post :

I went back and checked last Thursday [Oct 30] to see WHO was in court for CMJA, and it was tweeted that her mother was there.

Go back to day 1 and day 2 of this re-trial [not sure about day 3], but it was tweeted that CMJA's father and brother were there with the mother. I do not recall seeing a tweet that her father [and brother] have been in the court since the first few days of this re-trial. I thought it was odd that her father was in court, as it has been reported that he is ill -- and he hasn't been there since the trial ... so I got to thinking that he would be a witness for CMJA ...

And now, the CMJA's parents are having a begathon for $$$ for their daughter's appeal ... WTH ?

BBM: I think all this is being orchestrated by none other than CMJA, and as you said, the "timing" which is suspect !

No doubt, the Arias' will get negative feedback ... so IMO, this is just one more of CMJA's strategies to "work-up" Travis' supporters into a frenzy and blame it all on them ! Then, CMJA and her DT can keep screeching about threats ... blah blah blah ... yada yada yada ... which is a bunch of bull !

I hope that made sense ...

JMO and :moo:

:seeya: Just had some thoughts after reading your post :

I went back and checked last Thursday [Oct 30] to see WHO was in court for CMJA, and it was tweeted that her mother was there.

Go back to day 1 and day 2 of this re-trial [not sure about day 3], but it was tweeted that CMJA's father and brother were there with the mother. I do not recall seeing a tweet that her father [and brother] have been in the court since the first few days of this re-trial. I thought it was odd that her father was in court, as it has been reported that he is ill -- and he hasn't been there since the trial ... so I got to thinking that he would be a witness for CMJA ...

And now, the CMJA's parents are having a begathon for $$$ for their daughter's appeal ... WTH ?

BBM: I think all this is being orchestrated by none other than CMJA, and as you said, the "timing" which is suspect !

No doubt, the Arias' will get negative feedback ... so IMO, this is just one more of CMJA's strategies to "work-up" Travis' supporters into a frenzy and blame it all on them ! Then, CMJA and her DT can keep screeching about threats ... blah blah blah ... yada yada yada ... which is a bunch of bull !

I hope that made sense ...

JMO and :moo:

Well, Jodi is the absolute queen of working people into a frenzy. She knows EXACTLY what buttons to push and she's very good at it and she enjoys it. I can definitely see her telling her parents to do this after the ruling today to get a reaction out of people.

I think KN wants CMJA off on her way to perryville as quickly as we do. This is the jodi show. Some have bought into it, I think KN has just given into it to get it over with. Probably got spanked by judge secret stephens the last time KN and CMJA got into an argument and JSS scolded him. Jmo

I think Nurmi enjoys being the attorney in this case. I think he will never have this high of a profile again, and he knows it. He knows every time he files a motion to be removed as her attorney, he knows that this late in the game there is no way. This is his last hurrah and he is milking for everything he can. He won the lottery with JA and is using it.. And the money he's making… is probably more than he'll ever make again. Call me a cynic… whatever. IMO

Okay I need to vent and maybe this should be on the sidebar thread, but for the defense team and mitigation witnesses to be scared to testify due to social media threats, I would like to invite them to live a few days in my shoes and many others. My husband is a cop and has been followed home by criminals staking out his car in the parking lot of the police department (he works nights) following home and slashing our tires, threatening to murder our family, the list goes on. These are criminals with guns and lengthy records, not people tweeting on social media. God i find this defense team, CMJA and all of her supporters completely delusional. Okay vent over

Right. It is so obvious the defense is causing their own drama. Sure wish Juan or JSS would be able to call them out on it. There are many examples of them doing this sort of thing.

They should be investigated in leaks to the media as well.

Sure wish Juan would. JSS? Not a chance in hell. She's in her own little wonderland.

Hi and welcome, I can see your avatar. I enjoy your posts.

That's what I thought. Today's image was the mentally ill young girl look.
Todays image is the image I think will be used in the future...it just has that lasting for the ages look to me.

I find JSS's lack of confidence infuriating, so many strange decisions, so many delays ...

I find it frightening, and more than that I really believe now she is in over her head and isn't ready for this type of trial. She has shown that that she is insecure as you say, indecisive and not ready or willing to make decisions that she believes in. Scary.

I have not been able to track anything happening in this retrial. (I'm in trial prep and trial myself. Horrendous). I really wish I knew what's going on. Who has testified, what the impact has been, who is presenting their case now, how the family is doing, how the jury is reacting.

If anyone has the time and can take pity on me, and give me the scoop, that would be wonderful.

they aren't paying anyone to be out there on scene. They just cancelled some shows like JVM who covered JA and are keeping Nancy Grace in the studio so I assume financial reasons. It's expensive to send people and cameras and it seems like they are doing studio shows where guests just call in which are much cheaper than on the scene reporting. Probably instead of doing partial coverage without anyone there which will lack what other stations on the scene have, I guess they just decided to pretend it wasn't happening. It's a little comical-NG was so incensed by this defendant (as we all are, of course!) and now, not a word even while all these controversies are happening, it's as though NG fell and hit her head and forgot about JA. If only we were all so lucky.

Does anybody know why HLN is now mum on the Arias case? not a word from Drew or Nancy-- it is kinda bizarre

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...di-arias-sealed-trial-appeals-court/18423413/

So JSS said there was a "difference of opinion" regarding what the order meant and that's why they had to delay resuming the trial until Wednesday? Why not just go with her own opinion?

It is so obvious she is not ready to preside over proceedings that are of this magnitude. You ever heard of the Peter Principal? Where someone is promoted and promoted until they are promoted beyond their level of competency?

Hhaaaaay_o_1086550.jpg

Long time no see!

I have not been able to track anything happening in this retrial. (I'm in trial prep and trial myself. Horrendous). I really wish I knew what's going on. Who has testified, what the impact has been, who is presenting their case now, how the family is doing, how the jury is reacting.

If anyone has the time and can take pity on me, and give me the scoop, that would be wonderful.

Boytownmom, what do you think of all of the "sealed sidebars" . . . is that common where you are?

What do you think of JSS saying there were different interpretations of the ruling today?

Gitana . . . when ya get up to speed - would love to hear your take on today's happenings.

So the trial started Oct. 21 with the media only able to live tweet the testimony.

Juan went first and got the jury "caught up" on the facts of the case.

Mitigation was set to begin last Thursday, but at the last second the judge decided that all the public and media would be locked out of the court room, the first witness' testimony would be made under seal and their identity would remain secret. Naturally the media wasn't having it. They appealed to the Arizona Court of Appeals and asked judge for a stay of secret testimony while the case was pending. Judge said no stay.

Today there was a hearing in the COA where the media appealed to the judges to grant a stay until they could hear their case. The appeals judges granted a stay and media were allowed back into the courtroom. No witnesses were called today after the media was let back in.

There will be a hearing tomorrow at 1:30 AZ time to figure it out. The trial starts back up on Wednesday. No word yet on the appeal judges decision. The media are asking the COA to overturn the judges' ruling to lock out media, unseal the testimony and release transcript of the testimony they missed.

In a nut shell.

Gerard11----I think I love you !!!! Your posts are so enthusiastic and reflect everything I am thinking and feeling. I had sworn off JA but this latest attempt to close the courtroom, fired my anger. Our open courts help make us the nation we are. Justice for all. Closed courts make me think of China, North Korea, Russia. DT quit stomping on our constitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk