Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what the juror's race has to do with it.

Nothing really - a couple of us are being snarky - at least I am. BTW my SIL & DIL are proud Latinas, and my precious grandson is half Latino. #whiteaguatalmexifamilia :)

I'm going to buy the book 'Slumber Party from Hell' and read it on my Kindle. I'll post/summarize the interesting bits. It might make us feel better about LWOP.

I am glad you are buying this book. I was looking for a description from this book that was posted here a few days ago. It goes into detail about the conditions at Perryville. The description was something like: wait for a day when temperatures are above 100 and then go to your garage, get a small fan, clean up the area, exercise and sleep in the garage for a few days. That is what it is like in Perryville.

Can anyone find this post? I want to feel better about the life Jodi will have.

TIA

I think race played no part in her identifying with Jodi and I'm starting to get a little offended at all the mentions of them being Chicas and Latina buddies. I'm half Mexican and I do not identify with Jodi.

I think this one did. "See we are both Latinas and we have both been abused". This is how I see her mindset. I'm honestly not being racist.

I find it interesting that JA likens Troy Hayden trying to interview to being gang raped. Everything is violent and sexual with her. Never in a million years, if I had several people trying to talk to me at once would I even THINK of gang rape. WTH???

She was robbed of her chance to play sentenced to death victim, and she knows 11 out of 12 jurors don't think she is a victim either. It's about being a victim. She LOST.

The defense wouldn't have wanted to necessarily weed this juror out as they probably believed she might identify with or hopefully see abusive behavior and have some sympathy. And it appears, based on the other jurors' comments, that was something that did happen.

Yeah I changed that .. it should have said prosecution ..

I think race played no part in her identifying with Jodi and I'm starting to get a little offended at all the mentions of them being Chicas and Latina buddies. I'm half Mexican and I do not identify with Jodi.

Me too .. it's downright racist.

Ironic, she swayed the young Latina, not the men with her "sex appeal" and her sleeveless black top.
She didn't sway anyone. The juror wasn't going to vote death no matter what. No swaying needed.

She was robbed of her chance to play sentenced to death victim, and she knows 11 out of 12 jurors don't think she is a victim either. It's about being a victim. She LOST.

And now she's lost her post-verdict interviews, unless she can get Diane Sawyer to champion her cause. Hopefully Donovan's Twitter account will be shut down.

To be clear, I said this before finding out for sure there was a holdout. The Jury confirmed it and I admitted that I was wrong.

Sorry-I was doing dishes, and missed a great number of posts. There's no way I'll be able to catch up now!

Listening to trial talk right now,,,Jen said juror number 17 has relatives in prison..

Is there any way JA can be tried under federal law under any grounds?

What would it achieve? She's been convicted of 1st degree murder, will spend her life in prison. She hasn't been acquitted of anything. One holdout juror didn't want to impose death, that's it. It's really not the end of the world. See OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony...Im relieved this #17 wasn't on the original jury.

I think this one did. "See we are both Latinas and we have both been abused". This is how I see her mindset. I'm honestly not being racist.

I understand you say you're not being racist but I think using certain terms is offensive. I can't honestly imagine one Latina woman identifying with Jodi just because she's Latina too. It doesn't really work that way.

Every station I have listened to has a legal commentator who has blamed the Judge for a totally disjointed, stop/start, way overdrawn process and generally feeble management of this entire trial. IIRC Lisa Bloom was the only one who gave her any credit.

Yeah, I had the same problems with her trial management.

Is there any way JA can be tried under federal law under any grounds?

No. For what??

Because she was following the law. If Jodi and her DT would have waived her right to some presentencing report/interview whatever, then she could have. It was JODI once again delaying the inevitable. Her last 39 days at Estrella, while her DT continues to suck the teat of the AZ taxpayer for as long as they can.

JA did waive the right to the presentence report. I didn't catch what KN's reason was for needing another month before the sentencing hearing, assuming he gave any reason. It sounded like JM didn't object, though.

She didn't sway anyone. The juror wasn't going to vote death no matter what. No swaying needed.

I think it's because Juror #17 identified with her.

question: has jodi tweeted anything about today? im blocked so can't check

Every station I have listened to has a legal commentator who has blamed the Judge for a totally disjointed, stop/start, way overdrawn process and generally feeble management of this entire trial. IIRC Lisa Bloom was the only one who gave her any credit.

And Lisa Bloom is Anti-DP, so that is why she gives the judge credit, imo. She thinks it's great they way it worked out. JMO

Anyone care how Jodi feels? I don't but I did find it interesting what she has tweeted since the verdict.

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias
· 3m 3 minutes ago
To all the premeditating cold-blooded would-be killers on #JodiArias jury: U DON'T KILL A WOMAN 4 KILLING HER ABUSER, dumbsh-ts. #no-brainer

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias
· 10m 10 minutes ago
"I feel kind of gang-raped by Troy Hayden, Joe Arpaio and Lisa Allen because of the media ambush." -- #JodiaArias

ahhhhhhhhh, me thinks that Jodi heard thru the grapevine and knows that 11 of the jurors voted for death..bwahahahahah

Hows that make you feel brat?

and as to the media, lol oh my stars, Jodi started the media frenzy all by herself when she did her numerous interviews..I tell ya, the gals in the big house follow the news, and the perryville woman already know Jodi is on the way, bwahaha

My prayers are with travi's family..They have shown so much class, so much strength..

as for JM, he is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he did his thing and fought the good fight...

it was the 1 lone hold out juror who was a stealth, mo

and another thing..thank the universe that I have websluthes to talk, cry, laugh, to have, well, I have a place to come and share my views..

my family just doesnt get why I follow trials, or crimes..

and another thing..Ill say this once more...some of you know, some of you dont..

but from 94 to 96 I served prison time In Texas..I was caught with 28 grams of cocaine..I was looking at a 20 yrs sentence..however, upon my plead of guilty the judge gave me 3 yrs flat,.I did my time, served my time..wow, that was many moons ago..I could tell ya'll some stories..but I wont..

just know , that Jodi will not be a queen in prison..trust me when I say that there will be women who are crazier, meaner, more evil..Jodie will be the lowest of the lowest on the totem pole so to speak..she will always have to watch her back..

prison and jail are 2 different things...prison is hard time...never trusting anyone, always watching your back, having to fight to defend yourself..its a miserable experience..

I hope, no wait I pray, that 1 day Jodi gets sent to gen pop...yup, you heard me right, because in gen pop...

well, its on...shes what I would call, free ranging

and anyone can get to her..shes out in the open...ya'll get what I'm saying?

and trust me, womens prisons are just as bad as mens prisons..

well, I could say more but I wont..this is not the place...nor the time..

now, I hope that the judge gives Jodi life w/ no parole, or natural life..arizona alittle differ then texas..

ok, said my peace lol

I understand you say you're not being racist but I think using certain terms is offensive. I can't honestly imagine one Latina woman identifying with Jodi just because she's Latina too. It doesn't really work that way.
Okay, are there less-offensive terms you would prefer I use?

I am not angry that there wasn't a consensus, one way or the other. I am angry that a juror with no intention of deliberating was allowed to remain on the jury. Some time in the future we may know what happened in greater detail-for right now, I'm shocked that 8 (I think) of the 12 jurors are all saying juror number 17 came in with her mind made up and refused to participate

you know as I think about this...you are judge JSS...you receive note indicating 11-1 split...then you are asked to remove a juror who is not "deliberating" and what do you do? If you remove that juror you know you will probably have the 12 for dp...but you will be under severe scrutiny in terms of tampering with the jury and probably lots of other legal issues...I mean what is "not deliberating" is it she does not agree or what? It is fitting this trial ends like this ...just nothing went smooth...i would like to know what JSS did to intervene here and see what was happening...there may be more than we know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror