Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Cascade! Thanks for joining in.

If terrorists knew there was a way to gain entry into the cockpit I'm sure they would once again use this method. There would be nothing stopping them from putting a weapon to the throat of a child for instance and insisting somebody give the code. Right now they cannot gain entry. IMO it's the best we got. I fear a Terrorist more than an unstable Pilot/Co-Pilot. Thankfully it's rare. Very rare. That's all i got. Sadly.

I wonder if Lubitz was 'laconic' and 'curt' about the landing briefing because he knew there would be no landing? Maybe he was going to do it anyway and just was 'lucky' the pilot took a restroom break. Maybe he planned to overpower the pilot or render him incapacitated in some way had he not gone out of the cockpit. If that's the case, even two people in there wouldn't matter... (I'm just a ray of sunshine today aren't I. JMO and MOO tho).

Significant discovery made at co-pilot's home according to this article

"Police investigating the Germanwings crash said tonight they had made a 'significant discovery' at the home of pilot Andreas Lubitz, who deliberately ploughed the Airbus A320 into the French Alps.
Officers refused to reveal details of the potential breakthrough but said it was not a suicide note.
Speaking outside the flat on the outskirts of Dusseldorf, police said they had 'found something' that would now be taken for tests, adding it may be a 'clue' as to what happened to the doomed jet."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Airbus-A320-Barcelonnette.html#ixzz3VWid0L8N
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wow thanks for the link gregjrichards. Sounds like we just may have some kind of answer. I wonder if the whatever is on his computer?

I wonder if Lubitz was 'laconic' and 'curt' about the landing briefing because he knew there would be no landing?

I thought this part of the press conference was a little sugestive. I mean,in such a briefing, a formality, a procedure they would go through on every single flight, it wouldn't be unusual to be a bit laconic. It would be something to get over with quickly, right?

I know. Not sure what the answer is. Design as we know was to keep people out of the cockpit. Seems there just is not anything anymore to keep us safe anywhere. The only thing i do wonder if a 2nd person would have deterred a persons choice of committing an evil act using a plane. I do like the idea of a 2nd person in case the seated Pilot does have a medical issue.

There is no way to make people 100% safe. I think we have to accept that. And sometimes measures taken to prevent one danger can make you susceptible to another type of danger. Thats exactly what happened here. The locked door, meant to prevent terrorists from entering the cockpit, backfired and prevented the pilot from entering to save the plane. We just have to accept that there will always be risks.

After ready viewing the cockpit locking system, IMO, the locking system needs to remain as is. Fortunately this incident is an aberrant one and not the norm. However, having a flight attendant or an air marshall or off duty airline pilot within the company, might be a good idea. Hopefully, this will never happen again. IMO

I thought this part of the press conference was a little sugestive. I mean,in such a briefing, a formality, a procedure they would go through on every single flight, it wouldn't be unusual to be a bit laconic. It would be something to get over with quickly, right?

True. And welcome! Yet if you adopt the theory this was planned it is plausible. IMO it was planned. Planned to the extent he was waiting for a trip where he was alone in the Cockpit. Look forward to your thoughts as we go thru this tragedy

There is no way to make people 100% safe. I think we have to accept that. And sometimes measures taken to prevent one danger can make you susceptible to another type of danger. Thats exactly what happened here. The locked door, meant to prevent terrorists from entering the cockpit, backfired and prevented the pilot from entering to save the plane. We just have to accept that there will always be risks.

Exactly. We are vulnerable anywhere, anytime. Sadly.

True. And welcome! Yet if you adopt the theory this was planned it is plausible. IMO it was planned. Planned to the extent he was waiting for a trip where he was alone in the Cockpit. Look forward to your thoughts as we go thru this tragedy

I feel that it was planned too
Especially now that they have found some type of "clue" in his apartment

After ready viewing the cockpit locking system, IMO, the locking system needs to remain as is. Fortunately this incident is an aberrant one and not the norm. However, having a flight attendant or an air marshall or off duty airline pilot within the company, might be a good idea. Hopefully, this will never happen again. IMO

Agree

Yes, possibly. However in light of what happened it may be a clue. I probably have to preface this (afterward ;) ) by mentioning I do not watch any video/press conferences etc., and all my info comes from sources I read. Pesky ongoing sound problem with this dinosaur laptop. So I don't know if this was suggestive or how their body language etc was when this was brought up, which would also be telling.

What was on his computer??

Don't think we know.
LE found something in his apartment that may be a clue and have taken it away for testing
They have not said what "it " is

Significant discovery made at co-pilot's home according to this article

"Police investigating the Germanwings crash said tonight they had made a 'significant discovery' at the home of pilot Andreas Lubitz, who deliberately ploughed the Airbus A320 into the French Alps.
Officers refused to reveal details of the potential breakthrough but said it was not a suicide note.
Speaking outside the flat on the outskirts of Dusseldorf, police said they had 'found something' that would now be taken for tests, adding it may be a 'clue' as to what happened to the doomed jet."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Airbus-A320-Barcelonnette.html#ixzz3VWid0L8N
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

AH ha!not a suicide note.

A hate letter to his employeer?

Flight radar has told CNN the autopilot was manually reprogrammed from 38,000 ft. to 100 ft.
Per CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member