MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited / Updated: Notes I've been making (please add or correct me on any of the following)

• Soft kill (regarding parental kills) Link from Bessie's post thread 2
  • Possbile motive - keeping Julia quiet about something someone didn't want others to know. (Child *advertiser censored*? Abuse?) Inferred from the lack of sexual assault, robbery, or other clear motive.
  • Possibly premeditated; no visible signs of injury. Bessie, post #604
  • Past allegations of child abuse (2000). Taping mouths shut, hitting with spoons etc. Monroe News Link
  • Not allowed to teach children anymore at Do Jo; allegations of harshness to children.
  • Marital problems alleged; Jim asked for a divorce. Link to 4ist's post
  • Refuses to fully cooperate with LE; lawyers up quickly after Julia's death.
  • All laptops / PC's not handed over to LE in the beginning. One may still be missing.
  • Julia did not get along with stepfather; moves in with Grandparents.
  • Julia tweets "Trust no one." Julia Twitter Credit: TigerBalm for link. (caspermi, thread #2)
  • Person possibly had access to Julia's apartment; was probably known to her. (no sign of forced entry)
  • Child *advertiser censored* allegedly found; JT is charged with this crime. Monroe News
  • KT alleged to have had an affair allegedly due to lack of attention from JT.
  • Both girls were at a prime age for molestation / abuse by pedophile at the time of allegations of abuse.
  • Possibility of martial arts hold used to subdue Julia prior to drowning incident. [concept introduced in earlier thread]. Taekwondo Times Article Pg. 26 - credit to Spellbound for the link.
  • Young daughter of JT and KT is not allowed to live with JT presently.
  • CPS states she would be "at serious risk of harm" if allowed to live with mother. (see article re: abuse)
  • Possible tie in to CB case - JT is an avid hunter who takes youngest daughter on hunts with him. (black_squirrel)
  • CB's body was located on hunting land and her sister is best friends with Julia's sister.
  • Although JT has a truck, KT and Jennifer get a ride to check on Julia through a friend.
  • Is KT in denial because to be otherwise would be to partially blame herself? [credit FindHG] Detroit Free Press
  • JT allegedly has bipolar illness and has shown instability when off meds. (according to some family members)
  • JT allegedly removed the bathroom door at residence while girls were young. (red flag / controlling, inappropriate).
  • JT very controlling personality, which even extended to the twins grooming habits. He did not like them to straighten their hair (ostensibly due to the smell). He would not allow them to do this in the house. (Trojan, post #622 Thread #2 page 5).

Thank you for your above post Psyquestor, I made a few comments below. Always appreciate your contribution.

All laptops / PC's not handed over to LE in the beginning. One may still be missing.
*** (Turnquist's never let LE know that they had computers. It took Two years to get the first one, which was Kim's, that they found the Child *advertiser censored* on.)

Julia did not get along with stepfather; moves in with Grandparents.
*** (From what I understand, Julia got in an argument with JT and KIM, about not following 'house rules'. It was not just because of JT's dislike of the way it made the house smell when they used the hair straighteners. And it was not just JT that told her to leave, Kim admits to getting into a struggle/ hitting fight with Julia that night. Julia went to live with her Grandma Rose.)

Child *advertiser censored* allegedly found; JT is charged with this crime. Monroe News.
*** (Child *advertiser censored* was found on Kim's computer/ laptop, but JimT is being charged. LE says JT's laptop, that twins bought him xmas 2012 is missing. The laptop that LE got last was in Feb. 2015, LE says it was a newer computer.)

Both girls were at a prime age for molestation / abuse by pedophile at the time of allegations of abuse.
*** (twins were 10 or 11 when Kim & JT began to live with each other.)

CPS states she would be "at serious risk of harm" if allowed to live with mother. (see article re: abuse)
***(Where is the article about abuse?)

Possible tie in to CB case - JT is an avid hunter who takes youngest daughter on hunts with him. (black_squirrel)
***(JT had guns, bow & arrows, knives... Turnquist's had at least 2 or 3 ATV, boat, motorcycle, truck. He was active on Michigan Sportsman web site. )

CB's body was located on hunting land and her sister is best friends with Julia's sister.
*** (Julia's twin sister Jennifer is friends with CB sister, Jennifer was actually Maid of honor in Kassie's wedding in January 2015. I have a photo of Chelsea, Julia, Kassie and Jennifer, not sure of how often they all hung out together clearly they did on occasion.)

Is KT in denial because to be otherwise would be to partially blame herself? [credit FindHG]
*** (JT was the main caretaker of their child, Kim was the breadwinner.)

JT allegedly removed the bathroom door at residence while girls were young. (red flag / controlling, inappropriate).
*** (When asked why they don't have a door on their bathroom, Kim said that JT was upset that the twins & Kim spend to much time in the bathroom. Later she told us that they removed it to put a shelf in the bathroom, saying the shelf wouldn't fit unless they removed the door. But Trojan said it was a small shelf.)

And end up in prison? No thank you m'am. That's what LE is for and I wouldn't suggest this route for anyone (for the reason stated). It's a crime!

FWIW My two cents.

Off to take a Relapax.

You know, there are family members in Monroe who could readily determine if the pictures were of the twins in their younger years. I'm sure their grandma Rose could do that and then testify in court to that effect. Not sure if the prosecutor would do such a thing but it sure would make sense to me since the twins were raised to 11 years old by the grand parents. JMO

And end up in prison? No thank you m'am. That's what LE is for and I wouldn't suggest this route for anyone (for the reason stated). It's a crime!

FWIW My two cents.

Off to take a Relapax.

I didnt suggest that anyone should go about doing it. I made that clear. I do however know of a pair of sex offenders who are now doing 15 to life because of the very dedicated and painful hours that a mother of their victim, (although, she ended up being one of many)spent searching the web, goung to chat rooms and exploring online groups, where such sadistic pedophiles sling their evil creations. She found pictures of her underage daughter being advertised for services, then with LE's help, was able to track down the perps who were holding her daughter prisoner. They, one in particular is involved in education about human trafficing and how to keep teenage girls in particular safe from perps like himself and the twisted sickos he worked with. I've heard them speak about how it was the dedication and love for her daughter, her ability to delve deep into a world she wanted no part in to bring her daughter home.
I do not know, nor claim to know, how she was able to search and gather info from these forbidden sights without reprocussions or trouble with LE. I know she spent many sleepless, lonely nights searching hell for her child.
Thank you RosesfromAngels, I do agree that my view of the world and the way in which I look at people and situations has very much changed over the years while working with some of the sickest, most selfish, most twisted, evil do'ers alive! Not to mention the drug addicts, mental illness sufferers, uneducated, sneaky, unfortunate and just plain stupid, and those who cross into multiple groups. I've learned so much more being an RN for this population than I could have ever imagined.

Let's discuss the "missing" laptop computer. LE can determine all sorts of information from the two computers they now have. The one given or seized in December 2014 (depending on what you believe) was a very old laptop. Now LE should be able to determine the "age" of the "newer" one seized in the February search warrant. If it is fairly "new" then there may be a good question as to what happened to the one from December 2012. Unfortunately, LE in Ypsilanti does not do many press releases even if it's a statement every 3 months letting people know that the investigation is still on-going and leads are being checked out. I really liked how the Monroe County Sheriff did press releases concerning the Bruck case. Now that they are looking for a suspect (s) in the murder, we'll see how often they hold press conferences or release statements to the press.
Which police department seized the second laptop and other electronics? I would guess that it would be the Monroe Police department, because they are investigation the child *advertiser censored* charges.
Is that correct?

Criminal Justice Mom,

You have a very unique perspective, thank you for being here!
I'm sure LE has been exploring the very questions you have posed.
I know everyone is wanting to know *who* is in those 18 pics that LE has that have resulted in charges against the POI.

And the stakes are very high for the POI. I would assume if found guilty, he would have to register as an RSO, and have restrictions on access to the youngest girl? I'm not sure on either points, just speculating.
My guess is that LE does not know who is in the pictures. It probably is very difficult to find this out. If the persons in the images aren't clearly children, the prosecution may have a hard time proving that they are minors. Perhaps the prosecution may have an expert witness in adolescent development, but the defense may have such an expert witness as well.

There are conflicting news items on this point. One states that JT's computer and cell phone were turned over in February when asked. The other items came later after a warrant was sought. (cite: various articles in the media thread). But to answer the question, yeah, it very well might be since the phone was supposedly collected along with the computer (which was later discovered to have child *advertiser censored* - allegedly).

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? I've just reviewed the media thread and it appears that there were multiple tips phoned in that may have been involved. I am not clear on the who, what, where or why of these.

Psyquestor, JT's computer/ laptop has not been found or turned over according to LE.
Kim's computer was taken 12/2014, LE states they did have a warrant to take their computer, it was NOT voluntarily turned over to LE. And that's the computer that they found the Child *advertiser censored* on.
On Feb. 24 or 25, 2015 when they went to the Turnquist home with a warrant, they took a computer (it was a newer computer, probably to replace Kim's computer that was taken Dec. 2014. They also took both Kim and JT's cell phones, camera's, video recorder, etc.

4ist, I will dig up the link again for the quote in the morning regarding what CPS said in regards to living with KT. I came across it in the media thread.

Thank you for your comments, they are helpful. I am updating the list, but will only post it every few days as it develops.

I didnt suggest that anyone should go about doing it. I made that clear. I do however know of a pair of sex offenders who are now doing 15 to life because of the very dedicated and painful hours that a mother of their victim, (although, she ended up being one of many)spent searching the web, goung to chat rooms and exploring online groups, where such sadistic pedophiles sling their evil creations. She found pictures of her underage daughter being advertised for services, then with LE's help, was able to track down the perps who were holding her daughter prisoner. They, one in particular is involved in education about human trafficing and how to keep teenage girls in particular safe from perps like himself and the twisted sickos he worked with. I've heard them speak about how it was the dedication and love for her daughter, her ability to delve deep into a world she wanted no part in to bring her daughter home.
I do not know, nor claim to know, how she was able to search and gather info from these forbidden sights without reprocussions or trouble with LE. I know she spent many sleepless, lonely nights searching hell for her child.
Thank you RosesfromAngels, I do agree that my view of the world and the way in which I look at people and situations has very much changed over the years while working with some of the sickest, most selfish, most twisted, evil do'ers alive! Not to mention the drug addicts, mental illness sufferers, uneducated, sneaky, unfortunate and just plain stupid, and those who cross into multiple groups. I've learned so much more being an RN for this population than I could have ever imagined.

Sorry CJM, I misunderstood what you were saying.

Best Regards,
Psy

Psyquestor, JT's computer/ laptop has not been found or turned over according to LE.
Kim's computer was taken 12/2014, LE states they did have a warrant to take their computer, it was NOT voluntarily turned over to LE. And that's the computer that they found the Child *advertiser censored* on.
On Feb. 24 or 25, 2015 when they went to the Turnquist home with a warrant, they took a computer (it was a newer computer, probably to replace Kim's computer that was taken Dec. 2014. They also took both Kim and JT's cell phones, camera's, video recorder, etc.

Do you know if it was an executed Search Warrant in Dec 2014? IF it was executed, do you know why the computer was the only electronic device removed from the home at that time? I would assume the legal difference in voluntary and involuntary would be if the warrant was executed or not.

But the accusation of taping the mouth was investigated by CPS, and they found no evidence of that. Moreover, Jennifer has stated that these things never happened. So it seems that these accusations are false. If these are indeed false accusations, then it would be interesting who made these allegations, why, and how the accuser came up with "taping the mouth".

If I remember correctly, the allegations discussed above came up in one of the hearings. I presume that, if there had been other allegations, then those allegations would have come up as well. I am not sure how you came to the understanding there there was more than 1 accuser. Did anyone tell you that they reported to CPS about JT?

Black_squirrel, I don't know what came up in court, for we live in FL.
I do remember when the report happened. We were never told by Kim or JT about why CPS were investigating them exactly, but were told by Kim at the time that they were visited by CPS. It's my understanding that any of the CPS reports are confidential, you can give CPS information, but they can NOT share information about any investigation with anyone other then the people that REPORTED the incidents and the people that were reported. Trojan and I didn't find out about the reason for the report in 2000, until you all did in the media. WE were never told that by Turnquist family.
There are several words that I keep seeing and hearing on WebSleuths, and in the media, and talking to family and friends 'groomed', 'hushed', told to 'keep your mouth shut', don't let anyone know, it's a secret, non of anybodies business and controlled. I did witness and hear those words a lot when we visited our MI family. Lot's of stuff the MI didn't want us to hear about, we usually found out some stuff but there were a lot of family secrets. I had always been concerned for the Twins and our minor grandchild that lived in the Turnquist home. On occasion, I would mention my concerns, and get a horrible nasty phone call from Kim cussing like a sailor at a truck stop, telling me that I better shut up. Well, I did, and I can tell you this, look where ME and OTHERS that have been told to 'shut up and you better mind your own business' has gotten this family. A precious, beautiful, fantastic lady has been taken from this family, and perhaps that may NOT have happened if instead Kim would have listened to reason about the families concerns. I FOR ONE WILL NOT KEEP QUIET ANY LONGER, my fear is that if I don't share what I know and what I have witnessed and heard about.... that something may happen to yet another person in our family, or ring of friends. So I do encourage, anyone that may know something or witnessed somethings that you felt was inappropriate, to report it to LE, either Monroe for the Child *advertiser censored*, or to Ypsilanti for the POI in the murder of Julia Niswender.
Well, you and I do NOT know if JT, the POI is in anyway responsible for the murder of Julia, but until he gives a formal statement in writing and fully cooperates with LE, we will never really know will we. We all are just waiting patiently for that to happen.

So who let them into the apartment? A roommate? Landlord? Or did the parents or sister have a key?

I don't think that KT, JT, & Jennifer or the room mates had a key. The apartment management had a key for Julia's room.
I believe that the room mate called security, security came in, but the rules are they can not unlock a door to a tenants room without a police presence, so they called LE. I think by the time that Kim & Jennifer got there, that the police may have already arrived, and of course when the police entered Julia's room and found her, LE kicked everyone out of the apartment.

I can confirm that the first laptop was taken early into the investigation of Julia's murder and LONG before this new situation. The second laptop was taken with a warrant slightly before JT's arrest in February of this year.

I'm sorry MiMommy, but I remember it differently.
The first one (Kim's computer / Laptop) was taken in Dec. 2014, Trojan and I remember getting the call from Kim the day that Kim, JT and Jennifer met with LE at the Monroe Police station. She was very upset that they took the computer, and JT was livid, as I have mentioned in previous posts.

The second computer / laptop was probably a replacement for Kim's computer was taken in February 2015. Again, we got a very disturbing phone call from KIM, barely able to understand her, I can not disclose what she had said in here, but the important thing is LE does know.

Yesterday, 08:36 PM #662
black_squirrel's

Quote Originally Posted by psyquestor
The article then states the lawyer for JT states the allegations were false. It does not say CPS determined them to be false. It states no further action was taken. No reason given for no further action.

Black Squirrel posted: I did not say that CPS determined the allegations to be false. I stated that they found no evidence. Do you think they did find evidence, but decided to let the abuse go on?

I'm sorry I could not reply to your post above so I just copied it down here to reply to it.

Well, perhaps Kim and JT were just good at hiding and covering things up, out of fear. They were NOT married at that time of this allegation, didn't marry until May 2001. From what I remember, Kim only told us that she was pi$$ed that someone reported them. NEVER ever did she show any concern about the allegation, again, she stood by her man. CPS seem to be understaffed everywhere. Perhaps, the person who went to meet with the Kim, JT and twins, missed the look that Kim and JT give the kids to make them be quite, or perhaps the twins were already fearful enough of what might happen if what went on behind closed doors was shared with anyone. They may have always been told that they better 'keep quite'. NONE of us REALLY know, because we weren't behind those closed doors. All I know is I worried about them twins and then our minor grand daughter a whole lot since JT and Kim got together. AND I know I am not the only one.

"Just one more thing ..."
-- Lieutenant Columbo

This information was recently brought up at a court hearing, and was deemed by the courts to have no bearing on anything as the allegations were found unjust by the person making the claim. Also, please remember that Jennifer stands firm that not only did this never happen, but that she had no idea these claims had even occurred.

Jennifer would have been 11 years old at the time, she may not remember it. The person who made the claim was a reliable source from what I remember at the time, KIM is the one that knows who it is, and why they made the report! It's not unusual for children in abused homes to 'block out incidents' a coping mechanism.

This has bugged me. Why would JT be the one charged if the computer belonged to KT? Is he in the pics? How can anyone know who actually put those pics there, or who was viewing them?

Our computer is in the kitchen area and everyone uses it when they are here. How would it be determined just who saved or viewed photos/images on it? A personal passwords file perhaps? Is there such a thing?

I would hope any X-rated pics were not in easy access to the young children in the home as they were growing up. It seems the computers in this home were used by everyone.

Jennifer would have been 11 years old at the time, she may not remember it. The person who made the claim was a reliable source from what I remember at the time, KIM is the one that knows who it is, and why they made the report! It's not unusual for children in abused homes to 'block out incidents' a coping mechanism.

BBM
Correct! And not unusual for a child to lie to protect the family or to feel "safe.". They don't want to make the parent angry.

From the article:

The allegation stated that both girls were being abused. If one of them wasn't abused, then the anonymous accuser is not credible IMO. In that case it is unlikely that the other one has been abused.

OKAY no more skirting around all of this issue of who made the allegation and who was the accuser. From what we GRANDPARENTS recall, that the report came from the twins school. Evidently they noticed certain marks, bruises and behavior changes on Julia. Teacher's reported them, Julia was questioned, and CPS was called.
Why would Julia say this stuff to teachers and CPS, and then her own MOM, JT and sister deny that there was any abuse.
REMEMBER, we are seeking Justice for Julia, we want the truth to come out, and no MORE lies or coverups!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member