DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm, Orange vest usually seen around construction site, and when they are working on the road and have traffic down to one lane and a person (flagger) flagging you to go around after changing the stop sign to slow. I would imagine SS having one at the home with the Iron work his company did, I am sure he visited the work sites and had one handy with a safety hat as well. So they were in the area that the car was found torched asking if someone was seen in a safety vest, that would lead me to think they may have someone on camera in a safety vest holding/carrying a bucket/bag. jmo idk

Vest was green. You can see the picture of the vest they are showing in the video.

bbm, Orange vest usually seen around construction site, and when they are working on the road and have traffic down to one lane and a person (flagger) flagging you to go around after changing the stop sign to slow. I would imagine SS having one at the home with the Iron work his company did, I am sure he visited the work sites and had one handy with a safety hat as well. So they were in the area that the car was found torched asking if someone was seen in a safety vest, that would lead me to think they may have someone on camera in a safety vest holding/carrying a bucket/bag. jmo idk

Could be used for construction workers, cable, power/electricity companies.

These are the things I am thinking are most likely true about the perp(s):
Just IMO

-There was more than 1 perp involved in this. One of them may have just provided inside information or planning and may not have been at the house that day.
-It was a male perp at the house who did the killing.
-Perp(s) dressed as contruction or utility person to walk right up to house and gain entry without much trouble.
-The perp(s) developed some kind of resentment or hatred against the victim. Most likely against SS. Something like jealously or felt they were wronged by him somehow.
-The perp(s) main motivation was money, art, or valuables or all of them.
-The need to wait till Thursday was the Bank needing to open. By the time they got everyone back at the house tied up on Wed, the bank was closed.

Something has been baffling me all along: how is it possible that neither of these alleged perpetrators were captured by any of the security cameras in the surrounding homes? I have driven through this exact street before and it is quite narrow and the homes are quite large, fenced, and some even have security gates (potentially equipped with cameras?). It's not the type of street where one can simply walk around undetected. If DC police truly have no other footage of one of these suspects, it leads me to believe it must have been someone who knew that particular street very well (or lived there). Either that, or they arrived at the property in an undetected vehicle and left in that Porsche.

Something has been baffling me all along: how is it possible that neither of these alleged perpetrators were captured by any of the security cameras in the surrounding homes? I have driven through this exact street before and it is quite narrow and the homes are quite large, fenced, and some even have security gates (potentially equipped with cameras?). It's not the type of street where one can simply walk around undetected. If DC police truly have no other footage of one of these suspects, it leads me to believe it must have been someone who knew that particular street very well (or lived there). Either that, or they arrived at the property in an undetected vehicle and left in that Porsche.

The easiest place to hide is in plain sight. I always try to think in terms of what type of people we ignore because we're used to seeing them. Lawn service, housekeepers, utility workers, pizza man, postal delivery, FEDEX (a little more conspicuous though). Any others?

In the video report below there's a posted sign that says "Warning - Area Patrolled By Security Guards - Security Patrol & Alarm Response". I wonder what type of uniform these guards wear? Could it be a vest??

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mystery-mansion-fire-deadly-washington-dc-blaze/story?id=31066893

ETA: The company is Urban Alarm, and it appears from their website they wear black shirts/jackets with a red emblem.
So, maybe not a vest.

http://www.urbanalarm.com/services/residential-security-guard-patrols/

The easiest place to hide is in plain sight. I always try to think in terms of what type of people we ignore because we're used to seeing them. Lawn service, housekeepers, utility workers, pizza man, postal delivery, FEDEX (a little more conspicuous though). Any others?

I thought of a few more: neighbors...or family/visitors of neighbors, business partners visiting for a meeting, friends

I have had ADT people come to the door repeatedly throughout the last 2 years. I got a weird feeling they weren't from ADT. I have stopped answering the door to salesmen. I don't care if they see me look out at them and then not answer.

Re BBM
EXCELLENT advice. You dont need to answer the door to strangers EVEN if they see you.
Who Cares if they see you. Its your house and you have every right not to answer. Excellent advice.

But this is important, when I dont answer, i get READY to protect myself. I get phone in hand and get protection in hand. Because some perps will break into the home when nobody answers. So I watch them very carefully from a window when I dont answer.

I do try to stay concealed where they dont see me. But I dont care if they do and I will not answer anyway. I am ready if they try to break in after I dont answer.

With this new piece of news I am tending to believe this was someone the family didn't know.

If they pretended to be from the utility company etc. in order to gain access to the home that wouldn't be necessary if they already knew them.

And of course no one wants to think they may have a gas leak since that is so dangerous so I think they would let them come in to check the home out. And if the door was answered by the maid she could have been more naïve and trusting and took them at face value.

Now it would be interesting if LE knows which departments in the area wear the green safety vest. Whoever this is could have been employed by one of these departments in the past and that is how he was in possession of the vest. However; many safety equipment stores sell these items to anyone that wants to buy them.

He evidently thought the vest would be burned up in the fire. I pray this will lead them to the break they need in this case.

I did read an article this morning saying LE does have DNA and other forensic evidence. But all of this has to be sent out to be tested at the labs. I am sure the green vest shown was not the one found but one just like it. The one found at the scene has probably already been sent out for testing.

IMO

Re BBM
EXCELLENT advice. You dont need to answer the door to strangers EVEN if they see you.
Who Cares if they see you. Its your house and you have every right not to answer. Excellent advice.

But this is important, when I dont answer, i get READY to protect myself. I get phone in hand and get protection in hand. Because some perps will break into the home when nobody answers. So I watch them very carefully from a window when I dont answer.

I do try to stay concealed where they dont see me. But I dont care if they do and I will not answer anyway. I am ready if they try to break in after I dont answer.

That is also great advice.

I personally believe Cathy Lanier and the police force have a suspect or suspects in mind, but they are waiting to back up with more evidence as they process it. You have to have a strong case before the arrest, or it's all for naught.

There were security cameras at the home. Police think perps somehow disabled the cameras.

Vest was green. You can see the vest they are showing in the video in the bag.

I don't see a bag, I see a piece of paper (a photo)... and I'm not sure it's green.

Maybe I'm looking at a different video??

I don't see a bag, I see a piece of paper (a photo)... and I'm not sure it's green.

Maybe I'm looking at a different video??

They were showing the pictures of the vest, not the vest itself. Looks to be green (and grey?)

Elley mae next time leave color out of it, what I found interesting was Where they were asking. At the location of the car fire, as if they saw something that led them to think it was the perp.

IMO a Porsche is not that out of the ordinary in the DC Metro area. I live between Baltimore and there are a lot of high end cars around.

ETA...I didn't link the post I was responding to. It was saying that the perp couldn't drive the Porsche without being noticed.

Ah ok, I get it thanks. A young guy with a hoodie on driving one would stand out where I'm from but then again, it's only a presumption he's young from that grainy video.

Elley mae next time leave color out of it, what I found interesting was Where they were asking. At the location of the car fire, as if they saw something that led them to think it was the perp.

Maybe they found the vest in the car? Or next to the car?

I can say that having driven in the dc metro area in the morning rush hour and at different places along the route on my way to washington medical center I have seen lots of men(mostly) standing in groups in parking lots waiting for someone to come by looking for people that want to work for the day. Lots of the work is in the construction/landscaping trade. Some of the people waiting will have there own tools and I have seen some use 5 gallon buckets to carry their tools in. jmo idk

SS was apparently in the process of getting a business opened with less than 48 hours left to go. Maybe some vest wearing workers on site?

Also re the security system. It was a 4M house with an extensive art collection. Would a security company be so lax to allow a system to be disabled without contacting police or the homeowners? I'm sure we are not getting the whole story but that sounds like a serious oops on the security firms behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike