DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. LE hasn't named W1 either a suspect or even a POI. Yet some posters here act as if he were already convicted. It gotten to the point that a poster claimed she doesn't understand why people who don't believe he was involved are still posting here.

Personally speaking, I see both sides, and enjoy and respect everyone's insight and experience. With all the intelligent, poignant and thought provoking posts, I'm able to
perceive a different enlightened view. I appreciate you all.

Yeah... I don't think DDW has any code of honor!! He probably has been advised by
his lawyer not to say anything. And of course his lawyer is stating his innocence. At this
Point (I'm not a lawyer so IDK) maybe only a plea deal can get him to fess up. And
If no plea, maybe life in prison W/no possibility of Parole might get him to spill the beans!

Well, I don't think DC metro ever would want him on the their streets again, not even at the age of 80. Maybe they can give him 3 life sentences instead of 4. He'll probably end up with multiple life sentences for each victim.

The rule AFAIK at WS is no discussing and sleuthing a person that is not named by LE as. POI. I am not quite sure why we are allowed to treat JW differently than the normal rule at WS but the examples you mention were all POIs, and JW is not.

This is a real question: At what point is someone considered a POI? I would have thought it would be enough to have a search warrant for the person's car that states a search is being authorized for, "forensic and physical evidence linking JW to this offense,” to at least say a person is "of interest" to LE.

I just want to say thanks for the very interesting conversation and debate. It is genuinely fascinating to explore this case. I'll likely not post again, mostly because I am almost always on my phone and the mobile experience hasn't quite up to the desktop experience, at least on my version of the iphone--the quotes don't show in the tiny (like 1/3-1/2 inch window in which you can type in a reply), the display doesn't show a string of multiple quotes with your reply and no there's no thanks button (and I like to give thanks to the great insightful posts!)

Snipped by me for brevity.

Kammiemc, have you downloaded Tapatalk? The web version of this site doesn't work well on my iPhone, but in Tapatalk, it works beautifully. I actually prefer it to my desktop (except that I type about 100 words a minute on a real keyboard and about 100 words an hour on my iPhone).

You may be referring to a girl that made a comment on a fox article that included the video of the perp running with the bucket claiming to be SS niece. The person claiming to be his niece stated that "That thin was a bag with $40,000.00 in it, after my uncle was instructed to call AIW, inc. Saying he needed the money for a piece of art." This comment was made on 5/19 before the MSM announced the 40K amount in the news.

Here is the link and the comments are still there fwiw..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...eeper-not-to-visit-before-being-killed-in-dc/

I heard a rumor about the $40,000 before it was in the news. IN the world of people who knew the Savopouloses, it was out there.

This is a real question: At what point is someone considered a POI? I would have thought it would be enough to have a search warrant for the person's car that states a search is being authorized for, "forensic and physical evidence linking JW to this offense,” to at least say a person is "of interest" to LE.

If they get a warrant to search your car. It means that you are a poi but the search is needed to either eliminate you or to make it official.

Jmo

Exactly. There is now, over three weeks after the crime, no link at all between JW and DW

There is no link that had been disclosed to us.

LE consistently replies "no comment." That does not mean "no link"or "no evidence." It means they are not telling us yet.

There's a difference.

And the link does not have to be direct. They just need to have one acquaintance in common.

There is no link that had been disclosed to us.

LE consistently replies "no comment." That does not mean "no link"or "no evidence." It means they are not telling us yet.

There's a difference.

And the link does not have to be direct. They just need to have one acquaintance in common.

I have never heard them say "no comment". IMO if there was a definitive link between the two or if JW accounts have not been thoroughly checked out to the satisfaction of LE he would be in jail. The fact that he admittedly lied and delivered the money means he was at the top of the list to be vetted. It's my opinion that his story checked out via interviews of others, texts of others, phone calls with others, videos and cell phone records.

In my opinion, if you have lied to LE, you are a POI.

IMO that's the point. Day 1 he lied. Major POI. So he's immediately investigated and his story checked via others. Then DW arrested and after even more investigation there is no indication that JW knew DW much less conspired to kidnap the SS family.

It seems to me that if JW were involved, DW would throw him under the bus immediately. They have a lot of evidence against DW already, so he is not walking away from this. But if JW gave him the idea and told him the address and inside info, etc, then DW would be talking, imo. I don't think DW would protect JW like he might do for his brother or cousin.

I keep thinking that also, then it's like would DW be able to without admitting guilt? So far I have heard nothing that points to DW being involved. For some reason I think (MOO) that the overnight stay was planned. It's just so bold and risky to be in that home for so many hours. But in the dark of night plenty could have been removed from the house.

What was in the house could account for the overnight, the truck returning to DC with DW, but the savage treatment of this family and housekeeper makes it sound so personal. And as of now, we have no real evidence that would point to a motive. This could have been revenge by DW for reasons we know nothing of.

Hugs to all of WSers for caring. You are great people.

I have never heard them say "no comment". IMO if there was a definitive link between the two or if JW accounts have not been thoroughly checked out to the satisfaction of LE he would be in jail. The fact that he admittedly lied and delivered the money means he was at the top of the list to be vetted. It's my opinion that his story checked out via interviews of others, texts of others, phone calls with others, videos and cell phone records.

"Wallace had told police that he drove to the house after learning of the fire. Efforts by The Washington Post to reach Wallace over the past week have been unsuccessful. Lt. Sean Conboy, a D.C. police spokesman, said the department had no comment on the information contained in the newly unsealed search warrant."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fd3df0-0b96-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

"Wallace had told police that he drove to the house after learning of the fire. Efforts by The Washington Post to reach Wallace over the past week have been unsuccessful. Lt. Sean Conboy, a D.C. police spokesman, said the department had no comment on the information contained in the newly unsealed search warrant."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fd3df0-0b96-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

They didn't comment on the information in the search warrants.
Perhaps LE has asked JW not to speak with the Washington Post or any other media

The next line reads:

Wallace has not been charged with a crime, and court documents do not name him as a suspect.

Hey guys, JW has not been named a POI nor a suspect by LE, so please keep this in mind before you post.

Thanks

We've discussed whether JW's new job w Mr S was a step or down for him, and IDT it's necessary to revisit that to focus on this question, which is -
What were the terms of JW's job w Mr S? I've been thinking it was full time, but that's just an azzumption. IIRC, ChgDoc said JW said he was employed by Mr S as his driver and to perform other tasks as assigned. Pretty nebulous.

1. Full time or part time? Or only on call?
2. Was JW employee on Mr S' personal payroll, or AIW employee, i.e., on corp payroll? Some corps lease cars for senior officers, some provide pay for car or driver or both.
3. Did Mr S hire JW as temporary driver-asst?
4. Did JW think or know his employment was about to end (if it was)?

Could these answers factor into JW's thoughts or actions, re potential - stress only possible, theoretical - involvement in anything off kilter?

They didn't comment on the information in the search warrants.
Perhaps LE has asked JW not to speak with the Washington Post or any other media

The next line reads:

Wallace has not been charged with a crime, and court documents do not name him as a suspect.

Yes, the reporter added that. It is not a quote from LE. They had "no comment." They did not do the slightest thing to stop the steady stream of accusatory media articles.

Nada. Nothing. Not one article I can find contains any police source saying anything to stop the suspicion.

But, if you are right and he is squeaky clean....maybe he will have a lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eric.joel.rondo.sanchez