DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for linking that photo. It did remind me of a friend's lake home I was just visiting and she has some small bathrooms that reminded me of that one. My friend rents her home out occasionally for film makers and it is worth about 25 million so she has enormous bathrooms overlooking the lake as well as smaller bathrooms on the second floor.

I don't know how to link - anything - can someone point me to a link to teach me how to link? Thanks in advance!

To link a pic, click on the tree icon & then you can choose a pic from your computer ~ hit 'select files' (I pulled the pics of DW onto my desktop) and then upload it. :)
Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 11.36.01 PM.png

I am not certain of this but all reports suggest that the three adults were not burned or if there was injury from the fire it did not hinder DCFD's ability to determine sex and age as well as some visible injuries. So, yes, most likely JW knew that the adult male was probably SS.

Bodies, though, not identified on the 14th. Here, even on the 15th haven't been identified.

Official announcement by Metropolitan Police Department on Friday, May 15, 2015.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/release/homicidearson-investigation-3200-block-woodland-drive-nw-0

On Thursday, May 14, 2015, just before 1:30 pm, personnel from the DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services (DCFEMS) responded to a residence for the report of a fire in the 3200 block of Woodland Drive, NW. While extinguishing the fire, four people – three adults and a juvenile – were discovered inside. The occupants have been confirmed deceased. At this time, the decedent’s identities have not been confirmed.

Bodies, though, not identified on the 14th. Here, even on the 15th haven't been identified.

Official announcement by Metropolitan Police Department on Friday, May 15, 2015.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/release/homicidearson-investigation-3200-block-woodland-drive-nw-0

On Thursday, May 14, 2015, just before 1:30 pm, personnel from the DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services (DCFEMS) responded to a residence for the report of a fire in the 3200 block of Woodland Drive, NW. While extinguishing the fire, four people – three adults and a juvenile – were discovered inside. The occupants have been confirmed deceased. At this time, the decedent’s identities have not been confirmed.

I think confirming the identities of the victims to the public is different from knowing who they are. They needed to figure out the adult next of kin who could officially identify the victims. I have a hard time believing LE knew who lived in the house but believed someone other than the residents were the victims, especially when they didn't come forward within a few hours. I can see why it would take longer to identify VF, but her husband identified her pretty quickly.

Earlier today I was wondering about whether or not there even was a trip to BofA that morning of the 14th. I was re-reading the legal document to get the SW for JW's car, and in item 10 it states the following:

"The accountant that was interviewed stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled forty thousand dollars."

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen...arch-warrant-for-car-in-savopoulos-family.pdf

I'm sorry I can't remember who it was, but another poster mentioned they would love to hear from accountant, or know more about the accountant.
Totally agree.

Each time I look at the photo of D.W. in a bathroom, shirtless holding a camera in front of him, I notice the patterns on the towels behind him and the person beside him. The towels and green candle seem to have a theme of palm trees and it looks to be a beautiful bathroom. Could it be a bathroom in S.S.'s home? Could it be a Greece-themed bathroom? JMO

IMO That photo is from the Dillion Wint Facebook page. The Facebook page was created when he lived in Brooklyn, New York. At the time he lived there he was using the name Dillion, a variation of his second name. He has also used the names Dellon and Dylon. These names can be found in court record searches.

Earlier today I was wondering about whether or not there even was a trip to BofA that morning of the 14th. I was re-reading the legal document to get the SW for JW's car, and in item 10 it states the following:

"The accountant that was interviewed stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was seperated in four bundles that totaled forty thousand dollars."

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen...arch-warrant-for-car-in-savopoulos-family.pdf

I'm sorry I can't remember who it was, but another poster mentioned they would love to hear from accountant, or know more about the accountant.
Totally agree.

I've always wondered how JW could text a photo of the money to W2 at approximately 9 am. I thought maybe approximately meant 9:15-9:30. But if the accountant withdrew the money beforehand (either the day before or if BoA opened early for the transaction), closer to 9 am could make sense. Also means JW took close to the full 1.5 hours to get from Hyattsville to the S home, which is plenty of time for a pitstop or two.

Also, I think it would make sense for the accountant to give JW an actual package, a manila envelope perhaps, and not tell JW what was in it. I don't see why SS would ever tell JW what was in the package, and from the text released, he didn't. I believe JW opened the package, took a photo and then had to get a new manila envelope so SS wouldn't know he'd opened the original one and played with the money. I'm going to see how many office supply stores are between AIW and the S house... Wonder if LE has checked the security footage from all of them.

I've always wondered how JW could text a photo of the money to W2 at approximately 9 am. I thought maybe approximately meant 9:15-9:30. But if the accountant withdrew the money beforehand (either the day before or if BoA opened early for the transaction), closer to 9 am could make sense. Also means JW took close to the full 1.5 hours to get from Hyattsville to the S home, which is plenty of time for a pitstop or two.

I feel like I remember talk of getting the bank to open early? Is that even possible? I worked in a bank one summer and I can't image that happening no matter how much money the client had.

I also don't remember the bank name being on the wrapped currency. It would only show a color and dollar figure. There has been talk about BoA wrappers, imo they may have come from there but the would not have a bank logo or name on them.

I feel like I remember talk of getting the bank to open early? Is that even possible? I worked in a bank one summer and I can't image that happening no matter how much money the client had.

I also don't remember the bank name being on the wrapped currency. It would only show a color and dollar figure. There has been talk about BoA wrappers, imo they may have come from there but the would not have a bank logo or name on them.

I think it would be weird for the bank to open early. I don't even know if they would. It would be a strange request. Banks don't always have $40,000 in cash available for withdrawal without a little warning, so I wonder about someone showing up at BoA on Thursday morning and walking out with $40K within minutes. (So the photo could be taken at approximately 9 am.)

The BMW SW was looking for "Bank money wrappers" and "banking documents from Bank of America". "BoA wrappers" might have been another one of those not-quite-factoids.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/267776483/Search-Warrant-for-BMW

Also, I think it would make sense for the accountant to give JW an actual package, a manila envelope perhaps, and not tell JW what was in it. I don't see why SS would ever tell JW what was in the package, and from the text released, he didn't. I believe JW opened the package, took a photo and then had to get a new manila envelope so SS wouldn't know he'd opened the original one and played with the money. I'm going to see how many office supply stores are between AIW and the S house... Wonder if LE has checked the security footage from all of them.

Probably available at Giant, Rite Aid and CVS so there would've been many options. Still no reason to put half the money in a red bag!

I think it would be weird for the bank to open early. I don't even know if they would. It would be a strange request. Banks don't always have $40,000 in cash available for withdrawal without a little warning, so I wonder about someone showing up at BoA on Thursday morning and walking out with $40K within minutes. (So the photo could be taken at approximately 9 am.)

The BMW SW was looking for "Bank money wrappers" and "banking documents from Bank of America". "BoA wrappers" might have been another one of those not-quite-factoids.

Agreed! Since the other SW and returns have not been made available it does lead me to think LE released the JW for a reason. What would that reason be, especially if JW may be in protective custody?

Probably available at Giant, Rite Aid and CVS so there would've been many options. Still no reason to put half the money in a red bag!

Well, great. I hadn't even thought of that...
Here are the office supply stores between AIW and the S house, but I'm not even going to try for all the CVSs, Safeways, etc.... :)
Office Supplies 3200 Woodland Dr NW - Google Maps.jpg

Agreed! Since to other SW and returns have been made available it does lead me to think LE did that for a reason. What would that reason be, especially if JW may be in protective custody?

I think at the time they thought there was a good chance they'd find something related to BoA and the money in the car. Bet they didn't expect to find the Mosler registration, though. I want to find that pic of the backpack with the red lining again. Wonder if that is THE bag.

I think at the time they thought there was a good chance they'd find something related to BoA and the money in the car. Bet they didn't expect to find the Mosler registration, though. I want to find that pic of the backpack with the red lining again. Wonder if that is THE bag.

04410c8d8766aae5b7b17036c5c9528e.jpg

It's this Herschel bag but up close there is a vague print. If you google backpack red lining a number of possibilities show up. I'd imagine our image conscious JW to have "the right" brand name.

This is a red-lined lined black Herschel backpack. Don't know if this like the one they found in the backseat of the BMW. It looks like all the Herschel backpacks have the same lining.

View attachment 76753

http://www.asos.com/Herschel-Supply...6&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=85&gridsize=3

Interesting and THAT is literally a red-lined or striped bag! Now if $20K was photographed in his backpack if $40k was given to him in a manilla envelope that's just suspicious.

04410c8d8766aae5b7b17036c5c9528e.jpg

It's this Herschel bag but up close there is a vague print. If you google backpack red lining a number of possibilities show up. I'd imagine our image conscious JW to have "the right" brand name.

That's the photo I was looking for!

I was just looking over the SW for the BMW and saw a couple of interesting things.

#1 After the list of items they're going to look for, it says "evidence of violation of DC Code 22-2103" which is murder in the 2nd degree - a different charge than DW's.
http://dccode.org/simple/sections/22-2103.html

#2 The black Herschel backpack had the following in it: Mac external hard drive, Go Pro camera, passport, checkbook, Macbook Air laptop and the Mosler registration. Sounds like a "bail out" bag.

#3 They removed a section of the passenger seat and a section of the trunk lining on the passenger side near the bumper. What do you think they were looking for?

#4 They removed 2 SD cards from the camera kit in the trunk, but don't have the camera kit listed on the evidence log.

#5 They removed receipts from Arby's and Jimmy John's. That could be interesting because they should have date and time stamps and also give an indication if more than one person was eating.

ETA: #6 Probable cause to believe that on the BMW... there is now being concealed certain property, namely LARGE DENOMINATIONS OF US CURRENCY. Does that mean LE thought JW didn't drop off all or any of the $40,000?

That's the photo I was looking for!

I was just looking over the SW for the BMW and saw a couple of interesting things.

#1 After the list of items they're going to look for, it says "evidence of violation of DC Code 22-2103" which is murder in the 2nd degree - a different charge than DW's.
http://dccode.org/simple/sections/22-2103.html

#2 The black Herschel backpack had the following in it: Mac external hard drive, Go Pro camera, passport, checkbook, Macbook Air laptop and the Mosler registration. Sounds like a "bail out" bag.

#3 They removed a section of the passenger seat and a section of the trunk lining on the passenger side near the bumper. What do you think they were looking for?

#4 They removed 2 SD cards from the camera kit in the trunk, but don't have the camera kit listed on the evidence log.

#5 They removed receipts from Arby's and Jimmy John's. That could be interesting because they should have date and time stamps and also give an indication if more than one person was eating.

#1 Very interesting!!!

#2 Yeah what 28 year old guys carry a checkbook or passport with him regularly?

#3 What if JW pulled into the garage in his car with DW and his brother hiding in trunk and ducked down in passenger side. He could've closed garage door and they could've kicked in the door to the kitchen? Maybe when he went to pick up a car for SS on Wednesday morning?

#5 agreed

You would give someone a package with 40, 000 dollars inside---and NOT tell them what was in it? I would never do that. Especially if they were driving around with it. JMO

#1 Very interesting!!!

#2 Yeah what 28 year old guys carry a checkbook or passport with him regularly?

#3 What if JW pulled into the garage in his car with DW and his brother hiding in trunk and ducked down in passenger side. He could've closed garage door and they could've kicked in the door to the kitchen? Maybe when he went to pick up a car for SS on Wednesday morning?

#5 agreed

I don't know that they could pull into the garage. After the crime, there was an Audi and a Range Rover parked tandem in front of the garage. I thought they might have been looking for SS' DNA, fingerprints, etc. I hadn't thought of DW!

You would give someone a package with 40, 000 dollars inside---and NOT tell them what was in it? I would never do that. Especially if they were driving around with it. JMO

I would tell my assistant "Go to AIW, pick up a package from the employee there. It's very important. I want you to bring it to me directly, no pitstops on the way. I need it ASAP on Thursday morning."

I guess it's a toss-up. Do you tell a new employee that he's carrying $40,000 so he understands the importance of the package? Or do you give your assistant a task and expect him to complete it quickly and efficiently without questioning you? Lots of WSers have said they wouldn't question SS' request to drop off the money in the garage. If I was the employee, I wouldn't think it was a big deal to drop a "package" off in my boss' garage. I WOULD think it was a big deal to leave $40,000 unattended.

If I trusted my employee to do his job, I wouldn't feel the need to explain why a particular delivery/task was important. If I didn't trust him to do as I asked, I don't think I would trust him enough to tell him he was transporting $40,000. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB