NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Former prison workerJoyce Mitchell is doing the best she can to cope with her new life behind bars, her lawyer tells PEOPLE.

<snip>

She is also relying on her faith to help her deal with her recent arrest for allegedly helping two cold-blooded killers escape from the Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York – and her uncertain future, he says.

"She tells me that she spends much of her time reading the bible and praying," says Johnston. "

http://www.people.com/article/accused-accomplice-joyce-mitchell-relying-faith-ordeal

This feels like manipulative behavior to me, as opposed to sincere. JMO

Does Palmer really live with wife? Or girlfriend?

I looked up the house in question. Supposedly it is owned by <modsnip> but it did not list GP as a resident.....so I don't know. Maybe he lives there and still takes care of his wife at her home? Or maybe they had an amicable divorce, and he still looks after her? Puzzling. JMO

"Former prison workerJoyce Mitchell is doing the best she can to cope with her new life behind bars, her lawyer tells PEOPLE.

<snip>

She is also relying on her faith to help her deal with her recent arrest for allegedly helping two cold-blooded killers escape from the Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York – and her uncertain future, he says.

"She tells me that she spends much of her time reading the bible and praying," says Johnston. "

http://www.people.com/article/accused-accomplice-joyce-mitchell-relying-faith-ordeal

This feels like manipulative behavior to me, as opposed to sincere. JMO
BBM- Well, I'm sure she's learned a trick or two by now! :facepalm:

MOD ALERT

Folks,

I realize there's not much news at the moment, but you must stay On Topic. I've cleaned up several pages. Also, remember to provide links to your MSM, And SM sites.

:tyou:

:bump:

BBM- Well, I'm sure she's learned a trick or two by now! :facepalm:

At first glance I thought you said TURNED a trick or two by now. :scared:

------
In other news:

" Gov. Andrew Cuomo has declined to request help from the 174th Attack Wing and its military surveillance drones in tracking two escaped killers, military officials say.

The MQ-9 Reaper drones in Syracuse – some of the most sophisticated surveillance aircraft in the military's arsenal – continue to operate training missions over the Adirondacks and Northern New York where they can loiter for at least 27 hours without refueling.

<snip>

Maj. Sandy Stoquert, a spokeswoman for the 174th Attack Wing, said state and Air National Guard officials had early discussions about using the remotely-piloted aircraft to search for the escapees. She did not know why those talks never advanced.

<snip>

"I cannot provide specifics about the equipment, technology, tactics and operations being employed while the search is ongoing," said Beau Duffy, a state police spokesman in Albany. "We have to assume that the escapees may have access to information being reported by the media. We do not want to provide details they could use to avoid capture." "

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...se_military_drones_in_search_for_killers.html

This isn't about this case per se, though it is mentioned, but it's a CNN report on "how prison guards go bad" based on a book an ex-guard wrote after spending 2 years in jail after getting caught doing favors re: contraband for inmates. I found it very interesting / enlightening.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/us/new-york-prison-break-contraband-smuggle/
"When Gary Heyward went through training to become a prison guard, his instructor warned him there would be temptations behind those walls."

<snip>

"Heyward became a corrections officer at New York's Rikers Island in 1996. The former Marine's goal was to start paying down debts, his bills and backed-up child support payments. It was a struggle, he said, on $28,000 a year.

So when an inmate approached him offering $300 for one pack of cigarettes, a high price but one set by a black market created in the prison when the state banned smoking. Heyward went for it, and made the trade. "

<snip>

""A lot of people will look at what's going on in New York -- that Joyce lady -- and wonder why," Heyward said. "People do what they do for different reasons. It's just people being human, letting that thing that's most weak in them get the better of them.""

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/news05/search-for-escapees-continues-in-malone-20150625

"The search for escaped killers David Sweat and Richard Matt moved west in Franklin County on Thursday, as search teams combed the wilderness between Titus Mountain and Lake Titus in the town of Malone, between Webster Street Road and Route 30. A combined force of Washington County Sheriff’s deputies and state Forest Rangers, equipped with SWAT gear, traveled into a forested area along Fayette Road on Thursday morning. The team was accompanied by a K-9 unit."

This is about NY's oldest prison, in Auburn, NY (Clinton is the 3rd oldest). Auburn was built in 1818 and is still in use (!!).

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...son_locked_down_after_escape_plan_foiled.html

"AUBURN, N.Y. -- Auburn Correctional Facility's staff has uncovered and stopped a prisoner's plans to escape, a union official confirmed today.

The escape plans were discovered inside an Auburn inmate's cell on Friday, said James Miller, director of public relations for the state Correctional Officers & Police Benevolent Association.The inmate's identity, along with the nature of his plans, remain unclear.

The prison will remain on lockdown until a full "search and frisk" can be completed."

I really hope we don't see more copycat crime/escape attempts (if this was that).

(Something about) the Broome County Sheriffs Office Memorial Blood Drive in the memory of slain officer Deputy Tarsia, killed by David Sweat on July 4, 2002. He was the first officer in the Broome County Police Department to ever be killed while on duty.

- TWCNews on tv right now is doing a story on this. They say it's difficult for the family with "the man who is supposed to be doing a life sentence without parole" currently unaccounted for (I missed their exact wording of that end part there).

So Sorry, Sparky/Mod', for doing wrong (I was clueless that I was doing wrong...) - so sorry again. Now here is something that may be of interest:

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/h...new-york-fugitives-a-manhunt-expert-explains/

How haven&#8217;t they caught the New York fugitives? A manhunt expert explains

"Former U.S. Marshal fugitive tracker Craig Caine believes David Sweat and Richard Matt could have ... laid an elaborate series of decoys to throw police off their scent.
"The pair escaped June 6 from the Clinton County Correctional Facility in Dannemora, N.Y. Sweat, 35, was serving a life sentence without parole for killing a sheriff&#8217;s deputy and Matt, 48, was serving a 25-year sentence for the hacksaw murder of a former boss.
&#8220;Anything is possible with these guys,&#8221; said Massapequa, N.Y.-based Caine, now retired, who believes the pair has help on the outside just as they allegedly had assistance from prison staff who provided the tools of escape. &#8220;You don&#8217;t concoct an elaborate escape plan like they had without an elaborate evasion plan.&#8221;

At first glance I thought you said TURNED a trick or two by now. :scared:

------
In other news:

" Gov. Andrew Cuomo has declined to request help from the 174th Attack Wing and its military surveillance drones in tracking two escaped killers, military officials say.

The MQ-9 Reaper drones in Syracuse &#8211; some of the most sophisticated surveillance aircraft in the military's arsenal &#8211; continue to operate training missions over the Adirondacks and Northern New York where they can loiter for at least 27 hours without refueling.

<snip>

Maj. Sandy Stoquert, a spokeswoman for the 174th Attack Wing, said state and Air National Guard officials had early discussions about using the remotely-piloted aircraft to search for the escapees. She did not know why those talks never advanced.

<snip>

"I cannot provide specifics about the equipment, technology, tactics and operations being employed while the search is ongoing," said Beau Duffy, a state police spokesman in Albany. "We have to assume that the escapees may have access to information being reported by the media. We do not want to provide details they could use to avoid capture." "

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...se_military_drones_in_search_for_killers.html

This sounds promising. Dare we hope????????

Gary Tuchman &#8207;@GaryTuchmanCNN 36m36 minutes ago

Owls Head, NY, where the inmate manhunt is taking place only has about 500 residents. This is the post office. #AC360

CIYHtnBWEAAMBG9.jpg

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/news05/search-for-escapees-continues-in-malone-20150625

"The search for escaped killers David Sweat and Richard Matt moved west in Franklin County on Thursday, as search teams combed the wilderness between Titus Mountain and Lake Titus in the town of Malone, between Webster Street Road and Route 30. A combined force of Washington County Sheriff’s deputies and state Forest Rangers, equipped with SWAT gear, traveled into a forested area along Fayette Road on Thursday morning. The team was accompanied by a K-9 unit."

Forest Rangers???

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I'm just catching up after a couple of hours of work!

Anyone putting pressure on the girlfriend? She know's what happened, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?