ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT.... coyotes and rabbits are not hunted with bows. And the family certainly would've heard a gunshot (and reported it).

And for those who think it could've been someone poaching another type of animal - very unlikely. One would not do it in broad daylight in a camping area. That type of stuff happens at night and further away from people to reduce the chance of getting caught.

An accident from someone hunting (legally or not) is at the very bottom of my list. MOO

I'm sure rabbits, squirrel , etc are all hunted with bow, if one is a bow hunter. It's called small game hunting. http://www.archery360.com/wild-game/small-game/

And this is what makes WS great. We are all allowed to have our opinions/scenarios respected. Thanks for yours!

It's also described with 3 upper, 2 lower sites on the Timber Creek Campground page via Forest Service. I'm not on my computer to post links, but I linked to it up thread.

I saw that too. When you listed the upper and lower on your other post, you added the words: UPPER: LOWER: didn't you? Soooo, we don't even know much about the area they were camping; we can't even figure out how many SITES there are at the campground!

Here's the link for the main page:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=76008&actid=29

Under the bold title Leadore Ranger District there is a link for Reservoir Creek Campground. When you click on that link it says there are two sites (not 5 and not 7). Here's the "problem" (if it even IS one). I think, from what I have read over the past five weeks, there's been a mixture of descriptions and opinions based on areas that weren't applicable to where the family camped. Do we KNOW how many sites there are altogether? How many in the upper and how many in the lower? Are all these various links about the same "campground" the family was at or are some of them for different campgrounds and if so, which are which?

Wrong one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I've been following along and reading each and every post. The things that are most puzzling to me, are not when they got to the campsite, but what happened when they got there. It seems there is only one road leading in and out of that particular site. Apparently no one entered of left there and if they had they would have been seen.

An abductor would be crazy to have even attempted to steal a child with only one access in and out. So then we are left with the woods. Looking at the maps, the rugged area would be a real problem. I can't see that happening.

The boots not being located, or at least one of them is a REALLY HUGE problem also. If an animal had gotten to this child, a blood trail would have been left behind, and a cadaver dog would have hit on that immediately. AND, an animal wouldn't eat boots.

(modsnip)

I'm not so sure about there only being only one way in or out. I've been reading travel blogs of people who hike through into the mountains from the reservoir area. Or vice versa.

I suppose I should have said by vehicle, thank you for pointing that out.

There are at least 5-7 camp sites at Timber Creek Campground. Can we please move on? The family said they didn't notice anyone around them. We know someone else was there scattering cremains during the search.

Maybe LE should have used the media to say if anyone was camping at Timber Creek/Stone reservoir between July 9-10, please contact us. Also if anyone was at the Stage Stop on those days. But akaik they didn't.

I suppose I should have said by vehicle, thank you for pointing that out.

I've also been thinking by vehicle. However, I have been enjoying looking at various hikers' travel blogs (and incredible photos) that mention a trailhead into the mountains from that campground area.

Okay then! Where's the link on this main page, under the bold listing Leadore Ranger District

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=76008&actid=29

to the "correct"' one? That's what I'm trying to find out!
IT'S NOT THERE! Either it's a technical problem caused by the web designer/administrator forgetting to put the banner on the description page with the name on it that would possibly have embedded code in it to link it to all the other areas it should appear on the website or it has been removed (unlinked) from the main page for whatever reason. I think if they purposely unlinked this campground from the main page, they would have killed the individual pages as well. They didn't.

Upper:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea?recid=76098

Lower:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea/?recid=76100

I know those are the right pages for the upper and lower campgrounds at Timber Creek because as I said before you can see the map on those pages. And on the map it says "Timber Creek Campground" and when you click on each of the two tent icons it says either upper or lower and links back to those description pages. Yes, the name is missing on the description page. Yes, the campground is not currently listed on the main website. No, you cannot find it from using the search box on the main website. People found it from googling.

HTH

IT'S NOT THERE! Either it's a technical problem caused by the web designer/administrator forgetting to put the banner on the description page with the name on it that would possibly have embedded code in it to link it to all the other areas it should appear on the website or it has been removed (unlinked) from the main page for whatever reason. I think if they purposely unlinked this campground from the main page, they would have killed the individual pages as well. They didn't.

Upper:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea?recid=76098

Lower:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea/?recid=76100

I know those are the right pages for the upper and lower campgrounds at Timber Creek because as I said before you can see the map on those pages. And on the map it says "Timber Creek Campground" and when you click on each of the two tent icons it says either upper or lower and links back to those description pages. Yes, the name is missing on the description page. Yes, the campground is not currently listed on the main website. No, you cannot find it from using the search box on the main website. People found it from googling.

HTH

That's right, it's not there. I know the map is correct. Although probably not important, some have thought any of the many descriptions given for areas that "seemed" to describe where the family camped (because they were accessible from the main page which is supposed to link to all 87 sites) actually, in many cases, were the wrong campground. I DO think, however, the correct map was always referred to and discussed.

Yes! Within a few days and his disappearance was always treated as a missing person (child wandered off and got lost) AFAIK, NOT an abduction. Yet another thing that doesn't make sense in this case. I think CNN putting up "representations" of the clothing is more harmful than helpful. How hard can it be to go online and find a photo of the same jacket, boots and pants? Also, was he wearing a shirt and socks underneath in case he slipped out of his jacket and boots?

If the daytime temperatures that weekend had highs in middle 80's, and DeOrr went missing during the early afternoon hours, then why was he dressed in a jacket, pants and boots?
I can understand dressing him in heavier clothing during the nighttime hours when the temps drop down, but during the heat of the day?

Earlier someone asked about temps in the area and whether or not a child left napping in a hot car could be deadly.

Temps this summer seem to be hotter than normal. We camped from July 29 - August 5th outside of Salmon. Our campground was at 8800' (which is higher than Timber Creek). Daytime temps were in the mid 80s. So yes, the inside of a truck could get hot - especially around 1pm.

Which makes it unusual that DeOrr was wearing a jacket, and that his dad wore that orange hoody non-stop, even when Jessica was wearing a tank top.

I wonder why the PI is making the distinction he is a "former Kunz family friend". And what does that mean?

Vilt, a former Kunz family friend who now works as a private detective in Montpelier, was critical of the Lemhi County Sheriff's office for failing to follow up on potential leads.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944

My guess is that it was supposed to say "former U.S. Marshall and family friend who now works as a PI"

Did I read on here that he isn't licensed as a PI, though? I thought I did.

Yes.

Someone asked why we don't see lots of LE and SAR traffic on that summit cam and rkf was suggesting they did not travel on 28 to get to the search site.

I absolutely don't know, so don't take my word for it. I was just trying to understand why there was so much less traffic on the camera on the 10th than the days immediately before and after. I didn't take screen shots of all the vehicles from the South view camera because except for six, it was impossible to see what they were. But I've counted for comparison and this is what I saw:
Southview:
July 9th (13)
8:46 am
9:31
10:31
1:16 pm
1:31
1:46
2:16
3:01
3:16
8:16
9:01
9:16
9:46

July 10th (10)
1:31 am
12:16 pm
12:31
2:31
4:46
5:16
5:46
6:01
10:31
10:46

July 11th (14)
12:31 am
7:31
11:46
12:01 pm
12:16
12:46
2:16
2:31
2:46
3:46
4:01
6:46
8:16
9:46

There are at least 5-7 camp sites at Timber Creek Campground. Can we please move on? The family said they didn't notice anyone around them. We know someone else was there scattering cremains during the search.

Maybe LE should have used the media to say if anyone was camping at Timber Creek/Stone reservoir between July 9-10, please contact us. Also if anyone was at the Stage Stop on those days. But akaik they didn't.

This may have already been answered, but is the GGF widowed and if so, when did GGM (great-grandmother) pass away? Was it in recent years?

Could GGF wanted to go to back to this campsite after all of these years to scatter GGM's ashes there?

Still wondering how an outsider could have gained access into that camping area and reservoir (to spread cremains), with an active SAR mission going on?

:seeya: New thread coming. Prepare to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592