AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 minutes ago

The horseback search started on Monday, with a children’s book and a piece of pink material found between Naturi and Tailem Bend alongside the Karoonda Highway, several kilometres from where the girl’s remains were found on July 14.

Major Crime Investigation Branch Detective Inspector Greg Hutchins said it was not believed the items were linked to the murder of the girl, whose remains were found near a suitcase and items of female clothing.

We don’t believe it’s related,” he told ABC 891 Adelaide this morning.

“All I can say (is) we’ve had many, many calls to Crime Stoppers - as of this morning over 1000. There’s been a number of sightings of different people all through that area.

“We’re chasing up many lines of inquiry but there’s nothing to suggest another person is a particular suspect at this time.”

Insp Hutchins said police continued to work on other lines of inquiry, but said none could be called “positive” at this time.

He renewed appeals for the man seen carrying the suitcase to come forward and for anyone on the periphery of the crime to contact police either directly or through a lawyer.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...search-for-clues/story-fnii5yv7-1227496185133

Thanks Amee. From that same link.

Other locals have reported seeing a man matching the suspect's description sitting at the side of the road.

Why would a person sit at the side of the highway? Is it a common sight in these parts?

Not if you want her to be found.

I'm beginning to think someone wants to give us clues.

A kids book about a walking sausage. A pedophile (kids book+sausage)? A pink cloth with something on it (does anyone know what's on it?). Covering up a girl (pink) by the side of the road, who was the victim of a pedophile. Close to Wynarka (= strayer). Someone who went astray. Killed a girl and covered it up.

Naturi= nature. Is this the persons nature? A straying pedophile who kills children and covers it up?

Who lives somewhere near a great ocean road? From Wynarka to the coast?

Is there any special meaning to Tailem bend?

I like your literary mind, DutchTreat, but I think you're giving these sickos too much credit.

IMO!

due to paywall Ive paraphrased the best I could

Adelaide business owner says he was returning from a family function along the Karoonda Highway in late May when a man aged about 60 and dressed in a suit emerged from scrubland and quickly crossed the road.

He appeared to be on a mobile phone at the time. He was closer to Tailem Bend than Wynarka. The man was neatly dressed and clean cut.
On recently returning to the site the witness believed to have found a black tub swarming with flies and a washing basket. He gave a statement last week.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...497110993?sv=c353f7f0820e8242b6e7a59fdc94104f

Not very clever of him, was it?

I originally thought real estate agent, too. Or real estate branch manager. But that makes no sense to me. Real estate agents are constantly yakking it up for leads.

If he was well dressed, you'd think that he'd have to get his suit cleaned after each of these roadside sitting, bramble scramble adventures. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to check out the dry cleaners .. or wherever it is that people take their suits to be cleaned.

So if these sightings are correct. Why in the world would a "clean cut 60 year old man in a suit, carrying a suitcase, and owning a cellphone" be wandering all over the place?

Setting up geocaching clues.

When did the media morph the suitcase-man into a wearing a suit?
No witness has mentioned a suit.
Each witness has said only "clean-cut", in response to the standard police question of whether they would describe the person as "unkempt or clean-cut".

how do i refresh websleuths page on an iphone? and wheres the thanks button?

Sorry if this has already been answered.
You can refresh the web page on iPhone by tapping the circular arrow button in the upper-right corner, to the right of the Address Bar. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving along that road around Wynarka FEELS like you are in the middle of nowhere, but it's far from what we could call "The Outback". I think the main thing that would have made someone notice the suitcase/mobile phone/whatever guy would be the way he was dressed. If he had been dressed casually in farmer-type clothing, it wouldn't be particularly noteworthy. He could be chasing a stray sheep, walking between paddocks, doing some weed control - I would just register someone was walking near the road but probably forget straight away. Factor in a suit, and he would look totally out of place. I would probably think he was a real estate agent or stock & station agent, but still wonder what he was doing out there particularly if a car wasn't obvious. He could have nothing to do with the whole business, or he could be the key. (My opinion only of course)

Each witness has said only "clean-cut", in response to the standard police question of whether they would describe the person as "unkempt or clean-cut".

Good point. I was beginning to picture him with a suit myself.

Perhaps 'suitcase' man somehow translates into 'suit'?

Setting up geocaching clues.

I'm starting to consider that could be a real possibility now Jane ..... Our family has been Geocaching pretty constantly for the past two weeks (It can be addictive - Kids love it) ..... and It does involve you walking into strange locations trying to find the hidden cache, whilst using your phones GPS to navigate your way.

Unfortunately because of this activity and the volumes of caches/people caching in and around the area prior to the discovery of the suitcase ..... well it has really muddied the waters .... between what is really a suspicious individual and what simply could have been a Geocacher.

I think the media are muddling up the word "suitcase" and "suit".
The witness reported a clean-cut man but said nothing about a suit. That's the media adding on "facts".

This is the new witness who only just came forward recently to say he had seen a man in a suit come out of bushes along the side of the hwy, on the phone. When this witness went back to the spot he saw that man at.... he found a fly infested black tub and a washing basket.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...in-case-of-missing-girl-in-the-suitcase-21925

I think the media are muddling up the word "suitcase" and "suit".
The witness reported a clean-cut man but said nothing about a suit. That's the media adding on "facts".

Great minds think alike...

Having said all that, Jane - and Puggle - we can call him what we like - suitcase man, suit man, geocaching man - fact is, whatever his name is he declines to come forward.

Burying the remains somewhere requires that you have access to an area with enough soil to let you easily dig a deep enough hole. You need to have the physical strength to dig it, and the privacy to be undetected, and the assurance that nobody is going to be around for a while to notice the fresh digging. Those things aren't easy to come by, especially if you live in an urban area.

plus burying is time consuming and too easy to get caught and if its in your own yard too easy to be traced to you

Yes Puggle, I think so too.

We can see from the geocaching maps how popular this area is so it's hardly unusual for people to be seen on the roadsides either alone or in groups and quite a distance from their car.

Also. this is not a "stretch of lonely highway" as the Daily Mail says; it is a busy country road within and hours drive of the suburbs.
That's one reason it is popular for geocaching - a short drive and very easy to get there.

Don't forget to that the geocaching activities we can Google are only the open, public ones. In SA there are dozens of private groups who do their own private competitions.

Thing that gets me ... why has it taken so long for this witness to come forward ... When I have no doubt that all people living out that way would have know about this case and the fact that police have been looking for this 60 year old man..

Something is "off" again for me with these witnesses ...

And the one word I feel that is being drilled into my head is "He was a stranger, not local" ....

The lady doth protest too much, methinks ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname