MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has insight or can think of a previously missed connection with some of the cars possibly related to this case?
(from ELOC's book mostly)

• Blue “older, 4 door” attempted abduction in Paynesville
  • Red “station wagon” probably attempted abduction in Owatonna, MN
  • Dark Blue “newer, 4 door” Cold Spring, Jared’s abduction, mid sized, blue interior, possible police scanner in car
  • Light Tan “van, 1970s, rusty” Kraemer Lake attempted abduction number 1
  • Light Tan “van, 1970s, rusty” 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party witness sees van around St Joseph
  • Light Tan “van, 1970s, rusty” 2 weeks later, still Kraemer Lake, attempt number 2
  • Liight color “van” 7 miles from Kraemer Lake, seen stalking children playing
  • Burgundy “1976 Catalina” Seen three times on the street where Jacob was abducted
  • Red “small car” seen about 4 blocks from abduction site, jacked up
  • Dark Brown “1970s station wagon” Seen in St Jo 1 wk prior to Jacob’s abduction “Catch me if you Can’ sticker

As for the possibility of a clergymen or psychiatrist knowing some information - this is possible, sure. I believe the courts have generally held that they have an affirmative requirement to report future threats, regardless of confidentiality concerns. So if you show up at your minister or doctor's office and admit you committed a dangerous crime against children, it's going to be ethically very tricky to keep this information confidential and may possibly present legal troubles.

However, as we all know, the Catholic Church has hidden crime on a gigantic scale in almost every Parish. So I guess we can't count on the ethics or legal obligations of priests to help this case.

As for cops knowing something...I work with a retired NYPD detective, so this is purely subjective, but he says cops find a way to get the bad guy if they are sure who the bad guy is. This sometimes means stretching the rules. In other words, I don't see a lot of cops out there who think they know who Jacob's abductor is but who don't come forward because it's against the rules. They would find a way, IMO. They are pretty gung-ho to get criminals.

Corruption and the fear of losing trust and support is why the Catholic Church as well as other organizations hide and cover up these crimes. The same can go with LE, if there is something being covered up that may be exposed by the truth, then they will do what they can to keep it covered up. I'm not saying that I believe there is corruption, but it is a possible reason for giving cryptic clues.

Can someone help me understand how ELOCsoul's book is an "unauthorized and exploitive book about Jacob Wetterling's abduction" and how "By using the phrase 'thinking Jacob' the author of this self-published, error-filled work has crossed the line."

https://www.facebook.com/searchingforjacob

This post has me worried.

Hello Matthew 1026, I was wondering if you could present a hypothetical, completely theoretical possibility of what may have happened to Jacob -- just curious to know your thoughts. Many thanks.

I really don't have my own theory of what could have happened. The case is just very bizarre... most of the "suspects" mentioned in this forum just don't seem to fit the MO (e.g. DAH, MF, priests/monks). They seem to all be groomers. I also just don't see DR being the suspect as odd as he may be. I just started reading ELOC's book, so I don't know much about Hollinger yet. I could probably come up with some hypothetical theories, but i'm sure there'd be a lot of holes in them.

Can someone help me understand how ELOCsoul's book is an "unauthorized and exploitive book about Jacob Wetterling's abduction" and how "By using the phrase 'thinking Jacob' the author of this self-published, error-filled work has crossed the line."

Wow! Talk about hostile, Joy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't have my own theory of what could have happened. The case is just very bizarre... most of the "suspects" mentioned in this forum just don't seem to fit the MO (e.g. DAH, MF, priests/monks). They seem to all be groomers. I also just don't see DR being the suspect as odd as he may be. I just started reading ELOC's book, so I don't know much about Hollinger yet. I could probably come up with some hypothetical theories, but i'm sure there'd be a lot of holes in them.

Hollinger fits a raspy voice but that was described in Jareds not Jacobs. Hollinger fits the sketch for Jared but there is no sketch for Jacobs. Hollinger was arrested for Jared, his home was ransacked by LE, and the judge eventually destroys his records. Is he still the man? Yes, possibly.

Finally, when Jared just recently said he has found his perp, how could you miss hollinger and his obvious qualities?

I think she needs to explain her views. Having read most of it, I'm surprised that it would elicit that much anger. I thought it was well done, esp. for a self-published work

I've kept relatively silent about this, and it appears that someone has shown a touch of their true colors. I have publicly supported Joy's work many, many times over the years. For years I have willing sent her information that I uncovered, very rarely getting information in return. I did this against the advice of several "friends" that I have met on this journey to find out what happened to Jacob Wetterling on October 22, 1989.

And that's the key, always has been for me - Jacob Wetterling. I don't like to talk about myself, I don't claim to be from the area, I don't portend to have an inside track on the investigation. I've been an open book from the beginning.

For these very reasons, I'm not going to seek to get into a shoving match with someone who finds fault in the book. I'm very proud of the work that I've done, and I glad to have done it for the right reasons. I leave it to others to judge for themselves.

Joy has accused me, privately, of doing many things that are not true - I will not go into them here, but I will assertively address any and all issues that are made public. The errors that Joy pointed out in the book had to do with Amy's age at the time of the abduction, the spelling of Jeanna North's name in the brief mention in the book, and the billboard in Paynesville. I relied on articles for this information, and apologize for those errors, although I do consider them immaterial to the case.

I've attached a statement that I sent out to some folks back in April of this year. This was in response to questions that were raised about the book on one of the news radio websites.

I appreciate the overwhelming support I have received from you during this process, and I think you know where my intent lies, and I hope you share my desire and enthusiasm for this case.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• Rest of the Story.pdf
    46.3 KB · Views: 49
Hmmm.. it seems like maybe JB thinks she's the authority on all things JW. Granted, she has helped a lot and for that I am appreciative. If left to me, everyone would be searching down the wrong family. ;) :eek:

However, I found Eloc's book helpful.

The main goal is here keeping Jacob's case going and hopefully finding new clues. To me, if people want to write books, blogs, or post on forums - it's all keeping the information circulating. That's a good thing!

I find Eloc's book helpful as well.

Joy has done amazing things too. Eloc's book cites some of Joy's work and this website. I kinda hope we don't all disintegrate into arguing over who is more righteous in their efforts. I also think everyone could admit that there is some personal satisfaction in doing this - John Walsh certainly enjoys his job AND is well paid for it... so I for one admit I'm not some altruistic saint who only thinks of others; I want to help but I admit it's also personally interesting for me.
What would it take to get NCMEC to do a case review like this for Jacob and would the police cooperate?

http://blog.missingkids.com/post/66370500626/three-years-later-three-brothers-still-missing

Another reason for leaving clues might be someone in LE who knows something, but can't reveal it because of corruption in the department, where they might lose their job or be in legal trouble for revealing sealed information. Just throwing out ideas.

I think you may be right about LE leaking clues to a reporter, just a hunch.

Hmmm.. it seems like maybe JB thinks she's the authority on all things JW. Granted, she has helped a lot and for that I am appreciative. If left to me, everyone would be searching down the wrong family. ;) :eek:

The main goal is here keeping Jacob's case going and hopefully finding new clues. To me, if people want to write books, blogs, or post on forums - it's all keeping the information circulating. That's a good thing!

Yes! People have complained about me posting.

But guess what? Sometimes there were no posts for a couple of days so I would try to find something of interest--- at least to me.

If some of us had not kept posting, there would be no Jacob thread.

Perhaps that is the idea?

Debigrate posters and hope they go away?

I too have always been supportive of Joy's research and have defended it a couple of times with the view that none of this can hurt in generating discussion about Jacob. I thought ELOCsoul's book was really great, well researched and done with the best intentions. With this attack on it by Joy, i have to say she has made herself look like the one looking for public acclaim and has kinda put me off following her blog. Seems like a bit of a tantrum on her part.

I've kept relatively silent about this, and it appears that someone has shown a touch of their true colors. I have publicly supported Joy's work many, many times over the years. For years I have willing sent her information that I uncovered, very rarely getting information in return. I did this against the advice of several "friends" that I have met on this journey to find out what happened to Jacob Wetterling on October 22, 1989.

And that's the key, always has been for me - Jacob Wetterling. I don't like to talk about myself, I don't claim to be from the area, I don't portend to have an inside track on the investigation. I've been an open book from the beginning.

For these very reasons, I'm not going to seek to get into a shoving match with someone who finds fault in the book. I'm very proud of the work that I've done, and I glad to have done it for the right reasons. I leave it to others to judge for themselves.

Joy has accused me, privately, of doing many things that are not true - I will not go into them here, but I will assertively address any and all issues that are made public. The errors that Joy pointed out in the book had to do with Amy's age at the time of the abduction, the spelling of Jeanna North's name in the brief mention in the book, and the billboard in Paynesville. I relied on articles for this information, and apologize for those errors, although I do consider them immaterial to the case.

I've attached a statement that I sent out to some folks back in April of this year. This was in response to questions that were raised about the book on one of the news radio websites.

I appreciate the overwhelming support I have received from you during this process, and I think you know where my intent lies, and I hope you share my desire and enthusiasm for this case.

Thanks,
Rob
I've found Joy's attitude to be rather indicative of the area as a whole. They are angry the case has not been solved and a beloved local teacher has been pointed to as the POI.

So, in general, the mood of the public wants a lot of action on the case on pre-Kevin aspects of the case. But, given their stance & esp. their perps interviews, they feel the case can go in one direction. Plus, I don't think they have the resources to dedicate to pre-Kevin angles, I'd hate to see the taxes if they did.

I don't think Sheriff Sanner can win. And, if you meet someone that's work on the case, they all suspect DR for the same reason. Why have more than one story?

8 of Joy's 13 Paynesville incidents are from people contacting her through her blog. There is no official record, I did research on this last Fall.

It is absolutely possible. Was the fondling of each boy real too? Why did Joy and Jared reveal this to us with some beer? Is LE failing us?
What could LE do about it? He was a prime suspect from day 1 and Jared didn't identify him. Unless he admits the crime, I don't think there's a way to know.

Maybe I'm wrong I don't know. I think someone became interested in me because I am an anonymous person posting everyday in this thread. I had admitted I'm from Minnesota and grew up in Willmar. I believe DAH has victims from Willmar. This lady brought up Moose Lake, so I thought it was odd because I had read about DAH and a connection to moose lake. I just remember thinking during the encounter, who are you? and why are you persistent in hanging around me?

I don't know, but has anyone else such as Sher had issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels