IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would a perp just stroll down the street after shooting a woman? why not use the back door, back yard? Didn't care he was on cameras? Do most homes there have security alarms?

So if they have 2 cars then the perp knew that a woman was home. So sad.

I think it's most likely that this photo was taken after Amanda's death. That means we shouldn't speculate on how they park their cars, why they are off to the side, if they parked in the garage, etc. It's very possible that an hour before this picture was taken, the driveway was full and the others left, leaving an odd configuration of vehicles. It's possible neither of those cars are the Blackburn's, they could be relatives or church friends or clergy.

Who takes a gun to the fire department. Why not just call LE to pick the gun up.

My guess would be a kid.

It should, of course, be drilled into kids to never touch a gun, to call for help if you find one, but many kids haven't learned this still and so this may have seemed the best course of action to them at the time. If an adult did it, that brings up some definitely less savoury suspicions.

That's what I was thinking too. It looks like they've left room for someone else to come and go.

BBM

Maybe a babysitter/nanny?

DB leaves early for the gym everyday, he returns home to shower/breakfast and then off to the church for the day. Amanda maybe left home later in the morning to tend to her church duties?

Maybe they left the one lane of their driveway open for the babysitter to come and go without blocking their cars in? JMO

Usually home invaders target homes that looks like it is well maintained outside or is bigger where there may be more possessions to get. I even worry about that myself since our yards continuously stay neatly landscaped and mowed all the time but we are not going to change for the perps that are looking at possible homes to hit. While it is scary because it is happening everywhere and at anytime now we have to go on with our daily lives but we do need to be prepared to protect ourselves as much as we possibly can.

My neighborhood is extremely quiet at 6:ish in the morning and a lot of quiet subdivisions are. When we see the photo of the perp I didn't see any other people milling around.

To add to what others have written, I never answer my door when someone knows or rings the doorbell. I do not trust why they are there. At the same time, I get worried that if it is someone checking to see if the house is empty, then my lack of response would seem to indicate that no one is home. I am just glad that I have a loud, obnoxious pitbull, who hopefully scares away intruders.

FOX News:

On "Happening Now" today, attorney and Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett broke down the case, including questions surrounding Blackburn's husband, pastor Davey Blackburn.

Jarrett emphasized that the pastor is not a person of interest, but must be investigated because in so many cases, husbands and boyfriends are involved when a female is murdered.

The pastor said he left the house at 6am on the morning of the murder to go to the gym, then found his wife when he returned.

Jarrett said another issue is that authorities cannot pin down the exact time that Amanda Blackburn was shot.

Therefore, Jarrett said police can't rule out that Amanda was shot before the pastor left.

-snip

More at link: http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/11/18/should-indiana-pastor-be-cleared-murder-pregnant-wife
Shot were heard at 6:45-6:55.

Keep in mind, these are reporters, not LE officials, expressing opinions.

Who takes a gun to the fire department. Why not just call LE to pick the gun up.
Someone who'd rather not speak to police. Someone who knows more than he's willing to say, but wants to help. Just a wild guess.

Exactly. Or, why would you pick up a gun and take it all the way to a police station rather than call the police and have them come retrieve it. That way it can be photographed and the area could be searched for more evidence. Just weird.

Maybe a teen picked it up and parents turned it in?

Maybe someone who was jogging or walking the dog and didn't have a phone... or the time to wait maybe an hour for police to come? Maybe the fire station was closer and/or more convenient to stop at on his way to work or wherever he was going?

Here it looks like the car is pulling up behind the SUV.

BqCpdTo.jpg

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

I think it's most likely that this photo was taken after Amanda's death. That means we shouldn't speculate on how they park their cars, why they are off to the side, if they parked in the garage, etc. It's very possible that an hour before this picture was taken, the driveway was full and the others left, leaving an odd configuration of vehicles. It's possible neither of those cars are the Blackburn's, they could be relatives or church friends or clergy.

We do speculation on Websleuths. Jmo.

It doesn't give us an answer on whose vehicle it is though. Ems wasn't called until 8:32 and the sun was up by then so this is likely that evening. By then, family could have been there, friends, someone at the house watching the baby, etc.

I don't know how long they've lived there but Google maps shows two red vehicles in front of their house. One in the driveway and one parked oddly in the cul de sac so it's possible it's not a Blackburn vehicle. It's also possible the photo is from before they lived at the residence.

It doesn't give us an answer on whose vehicle it is though. Ems wasn't called until 8:32 and the sun was up by then so this is likely that evening. By then, family could have been there, friends, someone at the house watching the baby, etc.

I don't know how long they've lived there but Google maps shows two red vehicles in front of their house. One in the driveway and one parked oddly in the cul de sac so it's possible it's not a Blackburn vehicle. It's also possible the photo is from before they lived at the residence.
In the photo at this link where you can see the cleaning service truck in the driveway, notice the pumpkins and the black SUV to the right of the driveway.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ured-morning-shooting-northwestside/75254320/

I don't know owns the cars. Logically, it would make sense that the cars belong to the Blackburns. The point of the image of the car being moved is to show that the cars might not both have been parked to the right at the time of the murder, since some remarked that was odd.

I usually park behind my wife's car if I'm expecting guests to park in on the other side so i don't get trapped in if i have to run to the store. Or sometimes if you have 2 vehicles; a guest may park behind one car since they know that your other car will be pulling up before they leave.

Or maybe the suv wasn't working and the tags were expired; so they park behind it so the city doesn't find them for having an abandoned vehicle. Idk.

And at this point. The parking of the cars in the picture is 1 million % irrelevant in my eyes. So I will now leave the parked car theories alone. But thanks for giving other possible reasons.

Btw. You are 100% right. We still don't really know what cars they owned nor when the suv that the perp was in was stolen. The police need to give out more details or hurry up an make an arrest.

Because we don't want other criminals to think that they can get away with similar crimes that were done in a similar fashion. Thank you.

Jmo

In the photo at this link where you can see the cleaning service truck in the driveway, notice the pumpkins.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ured-morning-shooting-northwestside/75254320/

I don't know owns the cars. Logically, it would make sense that the cars belong to the Blackburns. The point of the image of the car being moved is to show that the cars might not both have been parked to the right at the time of the murder, since some remarked that was odd.

I was referring to the google maps street view I pulled up myself, not the photo with the pumpkins.

Since Amanda was still alive the EMTs from IFD would be first on the scene, I expect.

ETA: Oops! I didn't see that this was already answered.

This makes sense as long as the 911 call doesn't indicate that there had possibly been a crime (shooting, burglary, invasion, assault, etc) committed at the scene, as well. If the (911) caller gave the operator any reason to believe there had been a crime committed, I believe the operator would've dispatched IFD and IMPD simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member