Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree and crime stats from that area prove that local LE there isn't real experienced in murder scenes and this is not CSI Las Vegas. It's very unfortunate that enough pictures weren't taken and what not but now we have to rely on what is available and witness testimony.

Have you seen the qualifications of some of the prosecutions witnesses? They were more than qualified, the investigators just did not utilize them! The one thing that I have not questioned, and I have not seen questioned is the qualifications of any of the local witnesses.... apart from the FBI EDTA guy, but he wasn't local and on the scene.

EDTA: sorry... I have questioned the lab and lab tech, but she still wasn't on the scene.

Avery was never going to get $36 Million. Not because of who he is but because governmental agencies would appeal through attorneys. Most of these cases are settled in the end and lawsuits can drag on and on.

I think in any other case.... the proof... the questions... may not need to be asked because there is an inherent trust in LE, we think and really should assume the majority of LE would not plant evidence, or not have tunnel vision, or not target someone. This is NOT a normal case. You cannot separate the fact that he was accused and convicted of a rape that he did not do, and Manitowoc LE was responsible for that. You cannot separate the fact that he was suing the County for millions. And unfortunately because of the decision to allow Manitowoc County LE to be a part of this investigation even AFTER saying they would not be because there would be a conflict of interest. They have brought this on themselves. They could have avoided this situation by backing off.

You know what I find is sad? It took a 10 part documentary series on Netflix to bring light to this whole situation, and I mean BD and SA. It has brought out the conversation about how unjust the justice system can be.

For those of us.... who I am now labelling us "The Doubters".... we ask the questions, we want the answers, BD and SA's family have been asking these questions for 10 years, we have just begun. If I was TH's family..... I would want the answers too, but that's just me *shrug*

Amen!! I would be so upset with how this investigation was ran...they showed ABSOLUTELY no respect for TH in recovering her remains. They used SHOVELS for heavens sake!!!! That fact alone is why I seriously do not understand her family and friends being so pro-LE. If that had been my loved one treated the way that they did, I would be livid, and some heads woulda rolled. JMO

I think in any other case.... the proof... the questions... may not need to be asked because there is an inherent trust in LE, we think and really should assume the majority of LE would not plant evidence, or not have tunnel vision, or not target someone. This is NOT a normal case. You cannot separate the fact that he was accused and convicted of a rape that he did not do, and Manitowoc LE was responsible for that. You cannot separate the fact that he was suing the County for millions. And unfortunately because of the decision to allow Manitowoc County LE to be a part of this investigation even AFTER saying they would not be because there would be a conflict of interest. They have brought this on themselves. They could have avoided this situation by backing off.

You know what I find is sad? It took a 10 part documentary series on Netflix to bring light to this whole situation, and I mean BD and SA. It has brought out the conversation about how unjust the justice system can be.

For those of us.... who I am now labelling us "The Doubters".... we ask the questions, we want the answers, BD and SA's family have been asking these questions for 10 years, we have just begun. If I was TH's family..... I would want the answers too, but that's just me *shrug*

Nope...he killed a cat...nothing else matters! They were going to joyfully hand him 36 million and tell the world they let this man sit in prison for all those years! No reason to mess with evidence at all.......

The documentary did not bring to light "the whole situation." They edited years worth and hundreds if not thousands of hours of film shot down to 10 hours. They had a slant, a point they wanted to make. And some accept it without question. It must be true. 100%. Because they edited it to inflame passions and once people's emotions take hold, that's it.

I'm still waiting to read all the evidence that the documentary missed and Kratz promised was there..... anyone found it yet?

The documentary did not bring to light "the whole situation." They edited years worth and hundreds if not thousands of hours of film shot down to 10 hours. They had a slant, a point they wanted to make. And some accept it without question. It must be true. 100%. Because they edited it to inflame passions and once people's emotions take hold, that's it.

They certainly didn't need to edit in the fact that the very same Manitowoc officers who were being deposed were the ones most often on the scene, the very ones finding most of the evidence. That's just a fact, how do you dispute that? How is that OK to anybody?

They certainly didn't need to edit in the fact that the very same Manitowoc officers who were being deposed were the ones most often on the scene, the very ones finding most of the evidence. That's just a fact, how do you dispute that? How is that OK to anybody?

It is a fact, yes, that 2 of the deposed officers were on the scene numerous times.

It's not a proven fact that evidence was planted.

I'll wait for proof.

For some it's not about trust per se, it's they can only believe something their own eyes can see. Hearing about it is no good. Reading about it is no good. They need visual proof at every point or else what they are imagining takes on reality. I blame any bad officer for actual bad acts, but I don't believe they're all bad, all out to put everyone in prison, all out there framing people. I know a few people who do think that way, who haven't had anything bad happen to them, haven't had any trouble from LE, but they are convinced the government is out to get them, the police are out to get them (and everyone). It's paranoia at that point. And they grab onto any potential conspiracy as proof.

When I watch testimony, and they, themselves are confused, raises red flags for me.

Stg Colburn? WTH. Calling in plates? You were not in front in them? Come on. That is just silly. The body language (and I've watched without music); is compelling. Colburn is a liar and nothing will change my opinion of that. I know there are both sides, but that's all I need to see/hear.

[video=youtube;S0xY5onKE8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0xY5onKE8A[/video]

If they didn't know how to investigate murders because it's such a small, quiet, rural community, then call in someone who does or, I dunno, REFER TO YOUR EDUCATION ON THE MATTER.

I knew my comment would be taken out of context and twisted and sure enough it has. I'm not talking about proper protocols being followed, I'm a full supporter that all protocols need to be followed and it's important for lots of reasons.

So, if he states he called in the plates on 11/03/05; where was the warrant?

The Avery property is the last known location of the RAV4? Correct?

She wasn't even reported missing until the afternoon of Nov 3rd. The RAV4 was found the morning of Nov 5th. He "guesses" he called on the 3rd because he was not on duty on the 4th. I find it hard to believe that they didn't have some way of telling the time of that call lol

I knew my comment would be taken out of context and twisted and sure enough it has. I'm not talking about proper protocols being followed, I'm a full supporter that all protocols need to be followed and it's important for lots of reasons.

It's fine M-74.

I know you're way of thinking and it's OK. I just wish you would find one ounce of reasonable doubt ;)

It's fine M-74.

I know you're way of thinking and it's OK. I just wish you would find one ounce of reasonable doubt ;)

I'm reading the trial transcripts to learn about the evidence. I won't find that doubt from a documentary, I know that much.

I'm reading the trial transcripts to learn about the evidence. I won't find that doubt from a documentary, I know that much.
ll
True, but, some of the testimony and evidence is shady at best! I wish we can have Trial By Internet :lol:

It is a fact, yes, that 2 of the deposed officers were on the scene numerous times.

It's not a proven fact that evidence was planted.

I'll wait for proof.

In 2002 LENK went into the evidence box that contained Hair, Fingernails and 2 samples of blood one from the victim one from Steven avery. HE knew this evidence was in the box. How. Cause there was a court order to send the FINGERNAIL CLIPPINGS and THE HAIR TO THE LAB, PER COURT ORDER!!!!!!!!!. The blood should never have been tampered with even in 2002 as said by the sheriff office that Avery's Lawyers opened it. One how did t hey get access to the evidence to open it? and Two it wasnt on the court order for the EXPIRED blood. Yep that is right that blood was infact expired shortly after they packed that evidence in 1996. You see the blood taker took the blood, sealed it to bring to the lab. brought it to the lab. opened it, tested the blood for DNA, and then resealed it with clear tape. THOSE SHOULD STILL BE IN TACT! there is the proof
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members