GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still reading through all the recent posts on different theories and I'm nodding agreement to everything - the only theory I would dispute is the idea that TM did not strike a blow. I agree absolutely that Molly initiated the attack and Tom's "intervention" in the "donnybrook" involved establishing an alternate scenario. However, as there were two weapons used, and presumably two types of injuries, LE might have decided there were two attackers. LE was very quick to dismiss the presented story - one attacker in self-defense, so I think there is some clear forensic evidence of two attackers.
Alternately, they quickly decided that Molly was the sole perpetrator and they charged both of them to put the heat on her father to tell the truth - hoping he will reason that if he can't save his daughter from jail, he might as well save himself. This is more of a defense lawyer's strategy than a LE strategy, so I think there is something linking both Molly and Tom to the weapons and injuries.

My gut feeling is that Molly struck most if not all the blows. This was a very personal crime. Then she called daddy to come rescue her, which he always did. Tom did not have very long to think about all of this, and maybe he touched the bat or stone, but decided to take the rap for his daughter. His thinking was, I will take the blame now, and come up with a reason later. He sounds very rattled on the 911 call, not at all calm and collected.

IMHO

I was searching for where I had seen that LE had taken Tom and Mollys clothes and eventually my wife found it - many thanks to her (she is as obsessed as I am with this case!). It is from the Irish Examiner (link below) dated Aug 15th. The bit about the clothes is just above the photo taken with the White House in the background.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/limerick-mans-father-in-law-questioned-in-us-348386.html

I also think the ANGLE the blows were struck - particularly to the head and the ones which inflicted the apparent defensive wounds to the hands - is important. Jason was considerably taller than both of the accused. If the blows which caused the wounds I mention can be shown by medical and forensic experts to have been delivered from ABOVE Jason, then I fail to see how he could have been a threat. This would cast serious doubt over any self defence claims IMO.

I have no medical expertise but I wonder if any fellow websleuths who appear to have some (kitty?) could offer an opinion as to the angle the blows were struck from the autopsy report and sketches?

Hi all first time poster here too.

I'm in Ireland but nowhere near Limerick and i have to say there really hasnt been much attention given to it within my peer group; have never heard anyone talking about it. Im sure that will change when the trial starts.

I would love to know more details about Molly's demenour when she picked up the children from friend's house at 11pm. Was that prearranged, did she call over unannounced? Im trying to think what led to her getting them so late. Was that normal for her. Was there an argument with Jason before hand and was she trying to drag the children into it.

I also would live to know was the guest bed slept in/unmade (that MM's parents apparently stayed in).

Reading through page after page no one really has touched on the fact that JC was still so close to his former in-laws (mags' family). I think this is exceptional (and admirable!) the fact that JC was still so close to them. He flew out Mags' mother (parents?) to the US to see where they were living and her sister had been out to visit. I can't imagine MM (or her family) being too happy about this, living in the shadow of what appeared to be his first love and his continued close relationship with her family. Im guessing part of the reason JC wouldnt allow MM to adopt the children would be the disrespect to Mags' family and mother. Also JC had lived through a healthy loving relationship he knew the set up with MM wasnt normal.

Again would be very interested to know the feelings of the continued close relationship with the former in laws and Im guessing it caused jelousy and arguments.

JC apparently returned home with the kids every year - did MM usually accompany JC to Ireland?

Possibly on the night in question it all came to ahead that MM got her parents to try and back her up over the adoption issue and it spiraled out of control. But obviously, if that was the situation, JC retreated to their bedroom, undressed and was unarmed and then something happened. I think its striking the fact he was unclothed, it suggests a vulnerability (imo).

There are so many questions, the brick, the bat, lack of wounds and bruising to MM, how TM ended up in their bedroom (as per their story), the lack of 911 call by SM during the incident (as per their story).

Something big kicked off that MM rang her parents to come over (she wanted to leave JC??) and possibly bring the kids as well and it escalated from there.

Welcome to the group!

I still find it odd Jason was naked. To me, it doesn't make sense he would be threatening or attacking her without clothes on.

Another thing - my husband is a lot larger than me. Physically, the 2 of us are similar to Jason and Molly. My husband does something that drives me INSANE. Often infuriates me. One day I was so mad at him. I was at a loss for words and then said (not screaming) "I could just kill you when you do that." He laughed and said, "Ya, but the only way you could do that would be if I was sleeping, and you wouldn't still be mad at me by then." I laughed and said, ya true.

The only way Molly could have a chance at attacking Jason (and being successful) would be if Jason was sleeping. There's no way she could have a chance otherwise due to his size (and her small stature).

I still find it odd Jason was naked. To me, it doesn't make sense he would be threatening or attacking her without clothes on.

Another thing - my husband is a lot larger than me. Physically, the 2 of us are similar to Jason and Molly. My husband does something that drives me INSANE. Often infuriates me. One day I was so mad at him. I was at a loss for words and then said (not screaming) "I could just kill you when you do that." He laughed and said, "Ya, but the only way you could do that would be if I was sleeping, and you wouldn't still be mad at me by then." I laughed and said, ya true.

The only way Molly could have a chance at attacking Jason (and being successful) would be if Jason was sleeping. There's no way she could have a chance otherwise due to his size (and her small stature).

I agree. Thats part of my point earlier about the angle of the blows. Blows struck from to Jasons head and hands from ABOVE seriously undermine a self defence claim. That is why I was asking if any websleuth could give a relatively qualified opinion from the autopsy report and sketches as to the angle of the blows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500