Bosma Murder Trial 03.10.16 - Day 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time DM was seen going to the bank, it was May 10th, same day of his arrest, and the day after he had already hidden the truck, hidden the incinerator, hidden the toolbox, taken down the DVR and hidden that; he had already been paid a visit from police the day before, and he had fired AJ, presumably because SS told him he was thinking of calling CS. If DM knew all of this, wouldn't it kind of make sense if he took whatever cash he could get his hands on, so he could disappear for awhile until hopefully things blew over?

Even though he knew police were on to him, he was thinking there was no evidence.. he grabbed the incinerator receipt, the truck was gone from the hangar by the time they arrived, the incinerator was cleaned out, even if they DID find it amongst the trees, they thought they had cleaned the truck, even if it WAS found, he thought there was no video evidence, and that none of his friends would ever talk; his burner phone was history, no link to him being TB's caller; .. he prob thought LE did not have enough on him to make an arrest, and that they in fact never would have enough, and that if he took off for a bit, things might blow over. MOO
Excellent summary and you are probably right .... it was a Friday and he could disappear to a long weekend hideaway and pay cash for everything.

ps: I think the first police visit was that Friday morning and he was arrested that afternoon

As I posted already, I have to disagree. I'm very local to the airport area and I didn't know the story until a friend put it on Facebook the 9/10 because I don't watch news (too depressing) and I don't get a paper. Even then, when the friend posted the photo of the truck, it was about a family in Ancaster--one of her Dutch friends. At the time, we didn't even know he was dead, just that his car was missing. From the 6-10th, I don't believe we in the K-W area knew the connection to the area. The police were ahead but had not said anything about Millard air by that point. Don't know where this Hussey guy lives, but could be same story.

I have to agree with you. Sachak was trying to make it seem like all week long there had been a host of meetings with all kinds of people present (according to Sachak), with the truck in plain view, 'nothing to hide you see!'.. but SH set him straight that the truck and the few in the meeting (May 8th) had only been present together ONE time, and at that time, SH was not yet aware of the TB case, but he said, 'I wish I had been'. I would have thought that everyone and his mother would have heard about the case too, by then, but I guess for those who live outside of the immediate area, it wasn't broadcast so heavily perhaps.

Another meeting was apparently held on the 10th, but by then the truck was long gone, so must've been something to hide afterall! Also, SH had made it clear that it wasn't like the hangar was just some big wide open space where everything there was in full view of everyone all the time.. he had said it was a BIG place, and that walls had been built, (so just because there were people there, didn't necessarily mean that those people would have seen the truck. But even if they did, the small handful that weren't involved were from various places.. where not everyone would have necessarily heard of the case by then.)

Excellent summary and you are probably right .... it was a Friday and he could disappear to a long weekend hideaway and pay cash for everything.

ps: I think the first police visit was that Friday morning and he was arrested that afternoon

Yes... nothing to hide, so he went on a 'vacation'.. who goes on a vacation after murdering someone? Whatever the amount that DM had taken out of the bank and put into the envelope, that may have been his daily cash limit... or perhaps that was all the cash that was available at the moment. That could last a fair while, if one is on their own, and not worried about changing clothes and staying somewhere fancy.

Were the barrels coming or going? My first thought was I pictured body parts in the barrels. Anyone else picture that? He would have taken them to burn once he got his eliminator in 2012. (maybe a tad stinky)

The barrels were coming. DM was undoubtedly saving money by not getting the required MOE service contracts in place for recycling the used oil and other fluids that come out of vehicles when they're getting repaired. I have to admit that at the time when alllllllll of those officers were looking at alllll of those barrels, it was difficult to NOT imagine nefarious things inside.... like.. lye, mixed with... whatever/whomever...

From Adam Clark's blog on March 10:
2:12 PM
One day in 2012, they were offloading barrels of oil and gasoline cans at the farm, Hussey says.

Burials, could be. That was my first thought. Neighbours around the corner from me have an excavator. They have horses (and do a lot of horse rescue) and inevitably some equines go on to that great pasture in the hereafter and the excavator is used to dig the large burial sites required. In fact every fall they dig a few in preparation for winter in case they end up being necessary over that time period. Horses are long-lived but they rescue some from abysmal conditions and they cannot always be saved.

I also thought that it might be used to bury evidence of other illegal activities, whether these be chop shop castoffs or . . . .

Were the barrels coming or going? My first thought was I pictured body parts in the barrels. Anyone else picture that? He would have taken them to burn once he got his eliminator in 2012. (maybe a tad stinky)

The barrels were coming. DM was undoubtedly saving money by not getting the required MOE service contracts in place for recycling the used oil and other fluids that come out of vehicles when they're getting repaired. I have to admit that at the time when alllllllll of those officers were looking at alllll of those barrels, it was difficult to NOT imagine nefarious things inside.... like.. lye, mixed with... whatever/whomever...

One day in 2012, they were offloading barrels of oil and gasoline cans at the farm, Hussey says.

All of this burial stuff/possibilities, and the barrels of whatever/chemicals.. makes me wonder... if the property owners in Ayr, in whatever year, eventually decide to build a house or other construction on the property.. I believe that if a mortgage/loan is involved, they would require an 'environmental audit'... they might be in for an expensive surprise, along with a decline on the mortgage/loan!

I just heard it too. Shannon Martin reporting for CBC National .. from the courthouse earlier today. Said the Crown will call the girlfriends, then rest their case. The defense plans to call DM and MS - the accused. I can't find the report online anywhere.

@ShannonMartinTV I can't tweet her, as I don't have twitter.

I would be interested to hear the time that Shannon Martin reported that. I heard something completely different at the end of court today. There will be no court on Easter Monday (March 28th).

We have been told that Dubien will testify, SS will testify, the 2 girlfriends... and the rest is speculation.. but I would imagine there may be some more officer testimony in regard to findings inside the barn, or in the corn field.. the matching up of the corn husk found on TB's vehicle with the corn husks found at the farm in Ayr.. possibly the matching up of the earth that was found on the running board of TB's truck, compared to the earth samples at Ayr.. we still haven't heard about any testing or matching up of any shoe-prints found in the truck.. perhaps Madeleine Burns(?).. and what about those letters DM sent to CN from prison? I'm not sure who will be testifying about finding those, more officers, along with CN?.. and what about Andrew M? Isn't he also to testify?

I can't remember what all else we have heard about, but there are definitely more witnesses remaining than just the 2 (ex) girlfriends. What about the additional 39 that we heard just the other day that are still to come, of which there have only been a small handful since then? And wow, I will be shocked if they actually have the 2 accuseds testify in their own defence. If anyone finds the reference to when/where SMartin said this, please post it!

Yes... nothing to hide, so he went on a 'vacation'.. who goes on a vacation after murdering someone? Whatever the amount that DM had taken out of the bank and put into the envelope, that may have been his daily cash limit... or perhaps that was all the cash that was available at the moment. That could last a fair while, if one is on their own, and not worried about changing clothes and staying somewhere fancy.

I wonder if we will hear from the bank teller. If so, will she let us know if he suddenly cleaned out his account, or was this just his regular draw?

Do you suppose there was a good fire insurance policy on the barn?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2879300--tim-is-missing-have-you-seen-him-/

On May 7, the day after Bosma went missing, Millard bought a condo at 70 Distillery Lane in Toronto for $627,524.
(IF I remember well, he paid cash. Another interesting point.)

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15 Std.Vor 15 Stunden Brampton, Ontario
Hussey says Millard's sweater was hanging off one of his shoulder - it wasn't normal #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15 Std.Vor 15 Stunden Brampton, Ontario
Hussey saw Millard on May 8, 2013 - two days after Bosma disappeared. Millard appeared tired, bags under his eyes, his hair messy

I wonder in what condition and appearing DM had bought the condo on 7th May .....

Not sure why folks keep bringing up the May 7th condo deal .... that was the day the transfer went through the land titles office and it is always handled by the lawyers .... DM's part would have been done in the weeks or even months ahead of that.

I don't understand the legality of blocking this either. If you are PERSONALLY told by the accused what he plans on doing with it, then to me its not hearsay OR conjecture. How can they block what you are a first person witness to? I do understand how you cannot say I heard a guy say that DM was gonna do this or that but come on if YOU were the one that hears directly from DM then to me it should be allowed.

Am I wrong here?

I understand it's hearsay by CD..he was not told directly from DM he was told by CD that DM's plans were to go into pet cremation with his uncle.

I would be interested to hear the time that Shannon Martin reported that. I heard something completely different at the end of court today. There will be no court on Easter Monday (March 28th).

We have been told that Dubien will testify, SS will testify, the 2 girlfriends... and the rest is speculation.. but I would imagine there may be some more officer testimony in regard to findings inside the barn, or in the corn field.. the matching up of the corn husk found on TB's vehicle with the corn husks found at the farm in Ayr.. possibly the matching up of the earth that was found on the running board of TB's truck, compared to the earth samples at Ayr.. we still haven't heard about any testing or matching up of any shoe-prints found in the truck.. perhaps Madeleine Burns(?).. and what about those letters DM sent to CN from prison? I'm not sure who will be testifying about finding those, more officers, along with CN?.. and what about Andrew M? Isn't he also to testify?

I can't remember what all else we have heard about, but there are definitely more witnesses remaining than just the 2 (ex) girlfriends. What about the additional 39 that we heard just the other day that are still to come, of which there have only been a small handful since then? And wow, I will be shocked if they actually have the 2 accuseds testify in their own defence. If anyone finds the reference to when/where SMartin said this, please post it!

we have yet to hear what they found at the hangar either...

Please move on over to the Weekend Discussion Thread #6 that will carry us through the Ontario spring break while court is not in session.

I'll be moving today's posts over there, so if you see a little bump along the way, that's what's happening. Will try to make it as smooth as possible.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member