TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was the one in Dallas near mocking bird I can't remember the name but it was published in one of the articles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reason i asked is longview is farther away that her residences that i see, and i wonder how she picked that church

Anyone remember she this , that lori had worked at a church radio station or am i wrong.how can someone be a stripper work at the numerous jobs attend a numner of educational institutions . live in many different apartment building and not one of them remembers anything about her, wow.

http://www.nwbc.org/howtofindusit seems a little out of the way.
Holy crap. Texas is a HUGE state. It is about a 3-4 hour drive between Houston & Dallas. I have no idea the specifics between Longview & Spring, but not a lot less than that. What on earth? I know she was in Houston at points (passport) but I don't believe they both, along with Blakes brother, drove 8 hour round trip a couple times a week for church & group meetings. Texas is abound in cChristian churches of every type. Certainly one suitable closer to Dallas/Longview.

Ok. So I just got a PM from a guy who says he was Lori/Blakes neighbor in Leonard. He stated he was the original PI who helped the ruffs and he worked on the case for 3 months. I asked him some info:
Did you find the Idaho Id? He said it was in the lockbox and he is the one who opened the box.
He said Blake did not want to know what Lori's background was. He said the parents and brother are the ones who did.
He said he went to their church and he and the pastor are friends ( the pastor who counseled the ruffs)
He said there were TWO suicide notes. One was a duplicate. One was in the SUV and one at her home. He said they were addressed to her daughter ONLY. I will ask questions y'all want to know. Just post here.
What is weird is I thought Velling found the Idaho ID later.
I have no way to confirm this guy but he does live in Leonard. He gave
Me the pastors name.
Thoughts?
By the way he contact d me because his wife saw my post on the McKinney moms page about Lori's ID possibly being found and he was messaging me to find out if I knew who she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know who the pastor was. And the town is Lenard. The pastor is connected to someone I know. My late husband retired from SPD and his ex-partner is almost related to him albeit through an in-law. He knows no more than what has been stated here.

JMO

So, the Idaho ID was in the box, but Velling didn't get the ID until over 2 years later per the FOIA documents. Who had the ID for that 2+ years?

Why can't I access the charley project or namus page on Cheryl Moser anymore?

**** found it! Never mind!

I thought Velling had stated what all was in the lock box and I believe the ID was with the rest of the inventory of the box. That is what I remember.

JMO

I thought Velling had stated what all was in the lock box and I believe the ID was with the rest of the inventory of the box. That is what I remember.

JMO
Yes its contents was stated in the article linked below. The Idaho ID was in the box.
"Inside a bedroom closet, in a strongbox Blake had always been forbidden to touch by his wife, they uncovered her long-kept secrets.

Out poured her Idaho ID reading Becky Sue Turner, along with a copy of the deceased child's birth certificate and scraps of paper, one containing the name of an attorney and the words "402 months."

It still clearly didn't add up to anyone.

With the help of a private investigator, the family uncovered newspaper headlines from 1971 reporting the 2-year-old girl's death in Washington state."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...man-article-1.1383957?localLinksEnabled=false

One of the biggest mysteries for me is why would someone who went to such great lengths to hide her past hang on to the box? And why when she contemplated suicide didn't she destroy the box? Was the box her gift to them to haunt them? jmo.

Yes its contents was stated in the article linked below. The Idaho ID was in the box.
"Inside a bedroom closet, in a strongbox Blake had always been forbidden to touch by his wife, they uncovered her long-kept secrets.

Out poured her Idaho ID reading Becky Sue Turner, along with a copy of the deceased child's birth certificate and scraps of paper, one containing the name of an attorney and the words "402 months."

It still clearly didn't add up to anyone.

With the help of a private investigator, the family uncovered newspaper headlines from 1971 reporting the 2-year-old girl's death in Washington state."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...man-article-1.1383957?localLinksEnabled=false

BBM:
Yes, that has always been stated concerning the contents of the box. The contents were inventoried and photographed.

When in any doubt, I will always believe LE or in this case, Velling. That would be too small of a point to misrepresent.

JMO

I know who the pastor was. And the town is Lenard. The pastor is connected to someone I know. My late husband retired from SPD and his ex-partner is almost related to him albeit through an in-law. He knows no more than what has been stated here.

JMO

Ok Lenard makes sense! I was thinking geez- that is a misunderstanding or someone is full of it... Wasn't sure what to do with that idea!

Ok Lenard makes sense! I was thinking geez- that is a misunderstanding or someone is full of it... Wasn't sure what to do with that idea!

My fingers do not follow my mind sometimes! I have no clue why I typed Leonard when I know full well it is Lenard! Leonard is my sisters last name!

OT: I am working with some people whoeve started a website & podcast for missing people. I talked to them about this site & they love it, would you guys check it out & give us some feedback in the comments? We've only covered two stories so far, podcasts in the works. Lori is our next story. Thanks!
Vanishedsite.wordpress.com

reason i asked is longview is farther away that her residences that i see, and i wonder how she picked that church

The "pain" doctor. I wonder how long they knew each other? He had very strong feelings about the church! Did she follow him twice?

My fingers do not follow my mind sometimes! I have no clue why I typed Leonard when I know full well it is Lenard! Leonard is my sisters last name!

@LaLaw2000 I was off trying to figure out why the traveled from Lenard to Longviewbthen to Spring to attend the church linked in another post. My confusion wasn't directed at you! ☺️ I am just baffled how they met outside of Houston in a church. Did Blake go to school down there?

Somewhere out there is someone who knows who Lori was before she became BST. Her names arent going to matter much. But if there was a way to get her younger face to go viral, someone just may recognize her.

No clue, Beezneez!

You can travel from Longview over to HWY. 59 and go through Houston to get to Spring, Texas, IIRC. There is no way FLEK and Blake would travel that far to attend church, IMO. Who would? I have no idea how they would go from Lenard.

I thought she and Blake met at a Bible college but who knows what to believe anymore? Clearly, FLEK's degree was not from a Bible college! There seems to be quite a lot of contradicting information out there.

JMO

Somewhere out there is someone who knows who Lori was before she became BST. Her names arent going to matter much. But if there was a way to get her younger face to go viral, someone just may recognize her.

You've no idea how much I wish that would happen, concernedmother! I totally agree that someone out there knew her.

'Social media push' was how Grateful Dead Fan was identified.

See thread by that name in that forum. Was exciting to follow that as it happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94