OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
C Reader just said, "I would say there's a drug problem here."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marijuana grow operations brought up, sheriff says "Not gonna comment on that."

I am starting to wonder if in these woods they are searching is were a grow operation was?

Sheriff just told people to arm themselves if they are fearful. Can't promise to be there to stop anything. Scary!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope nobody innocent gets shot because they scare someone on edge.

He told the family members to be armed. I'm sorry but in my opinion, this sheriff is not professional. I cannot promise the 30,000 people in my county that I will be there or my team will be there to help protect them.

I don't think he's being unprofessional. It's true. Cops can't protect you from everything. He only has so many resources!

They think it was well thought out and planned- wonder if someone was waiting for that baby to be born before this was done.

Maybe if they had enough qualm not to want to kill babies, they didn't want to kill an unborn baby either? But felt the 16 and 19 year olds were fair game?

So, organized crime:
-Loan sharks
-Hit men
-Drug trafficking
-Arms trafficking

(just thinking 'out loud')

He told the family members to be armed. I'm sorry but in my opinion, this sheriff is not professional. I cannot promise the 30,000 people in my county that I will be there or my team will be there to help protect them.

The SCOTUS has said it isn't even their job to protect citizens. BUT... There is no way any department can be everywhere to protect all.

"Anyone (else) of this county feel they are in danger take the same measures..." re being armed. Recommends other Rhoden family to be armed.

OK. This was a pot grow, that's what I think. I think whoever controls the pot/other drugs in that area may be clearing out the competition. If you are competition, take care. Have gun. That's what I think he just said!

My internet isn't supporting the live feed well. Do we know this is about pot?

Not definitely, but they've found evidence of a pot farm operation at two of the sites, so it's obviously a possible motive.

"They were all murdered execution style" Dewine's words, emphasis mine.

Sheriff said something earlier about not knowing this family well, didn't have any LE interaction with them.

My internet isn't supporting the live feed well. Do we know this is about pot?

It's been rumored they found pot growing at two of the locations. They've sent teams into the woods to find other "evidence." Pot growing, if you ask me.

"Anyone (else) of this county feel they are in danger take the same measures..." re being armed. Recommends other Rhoden family to be armed.

OK. This was a pot grow, that's what I think. I think whoever controls the pot/other drugs in that area may be clearing out the competition. If you are competition, take care. Have gun. That's what I think he just said!

Yep-I think this will lead back to the pot operations!

Marijuana grow operations brought up, sheriff says "Not gonna comment on that."

I am starting to wonder if in these woods they are searching is were a grow operation was?

Certainly possible. Could also be indoor grows or a combination of both.

Somebody should be starting a crowd funding site to get the remaining Rhodens out of town. If they were my family, I'd be leaving in the middle of the night headed to Hawaii or something. Indefinitely.

They are confirming now there was marijuana at three locations. Grow operations.

A single adult plant can go for around $4,000 USD and you can usually have thousands on a property.

The reward needs to be more than 25k if you want someone to talk, and I do believe that several people CAN if a bunch of adult plants just showed up somewhere.

another comment from AG

the way this was carried out was so calculated. Nothing in Ohio is a bigger priority right now. [paraphrase]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MercyMissPercy