OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kevin10tv

Several cars towed from Pike county crime scene, per ohio attorney general.#PikeCounty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, who would the property be released to? The surviving brothers? Not Geneva, if she and Clarence were legally divorced. JMO

Usually "sources close to the investigation" are the ones who leak.....but no leaks, thus far. Interesting. JMO
Right and the couple of things that have come out they just won't comment.

Seems they have no person if interest they have interviewed or are interviewing. Of they do, they have them locked up in some black site and no one knows there is a single POI.

We are over a week and they don't have a POI. For a single murder on a large town, not so odd, for 8 killed in a small town, that just seems strange.

Your experiences don't comport with others'. It's been normal in the cases I've followed. And more importantly it isn't going to change -- this police department will not be releasing many details about this case, and if they had their way, they'd say nothing at all. No amount of sulking will persuade LE.
Have a nice day.

I can imagine after a week and a half

If any family member or close friend has any idea who did this, their grief will turn to anger and it will spill out into the community. Maybe today next week or month but IMO it will happen.

So, who would the property be released to? The surviving brothers? Not Geneva, if she and Clarence were legally divorced. JMO
It depends on a will and state law. In most places I would think a parent is usually a closer relative than a sibling.

I really don't think these properties are going to be released. They may seize the homes, land, and vehicles since drugs were being made at three locations. I don't know about the one location where they didn't find a grow-op.

If the family does get to keep any of the personal items or if the police decides not to seize anything a Probate Judge will assign an Executor/Executrix to be over each victim's estate if they did not have a Will.

IMO

According to pictures it looks like the scene is still secure.

They wouldn't have to worry about vehicles right now and I would expect that will be the family's issue to worry about when it is released.

Property is on Chris's name so if he has a will he would have named someone.

If he doesn't have a will, then that is another issue and with the state having control. Each state can have different laws for when someone dies without a will.

And what if the person he named is one of the deceased?

It depends on a will and state law. In most places I would think a parent is usually a closer relative than a sibling.

Yeah u r right. Maybe Geneva.................hmmmmm. JMO

I really don't think these properties are going to be released. They may seize the homes, land, and vehicles since drugs were being made at three locations. I don't know about the one location where they didn't find a grow-op.

If the family does get to keep any of the personal items or if the police decides not to seize anything a Probate Judge will assign an Executor/Executrix to be over each victim's estate if they did not have a Will.

IMO
Someone had posted a while back about family getting property used like this but they had to have it all cleaned and proved it was clean.

I don't know how seizure for drug activity would work in this case. Usually I've seen it when people are convicted of the drug crime.

IMO

I agree. I don't think it will be turned back over to the family.

That's odd. I've never seen a funeral procession to include an extra hearse in case of a breakdown.

I assumed the first one was carrying the living, but that means I didn't realize it was an actual hearse as opposed to a limo.

I have, to carry flowers from the funeral home to the cemetery. jmo idk

I've never seen an additional hearse either. Perhaps it was filled with armed LE people, in case they ran into trouble?
Have you ever seen six people buried simultaneously?

And what if the person he named is one of the deceased?
Well I have a couple people named if one is deceased and there are laws generally for each state and it goes through probate.

38fda91d3c656562e626dc50add090eb.jpg

With no one living at those address's for the time being they are probably wanting to keep things from being taken/stripped/stolen. jmo idk

Have you ever seen six people buried simultaneously?

I've seen a father and baby in one casket, father cradling baby, and three young men in single caskets in the same room that were in the same car in the accident, both very-very sad. :(

People can make a claim on a will even. My parents left my sister and I each $1 in their wills and everything to each other. That is standard here, so we can't contest the will. They both have it stated that if they are both dead it is divided among us and any heirs.

Also in my will and my sister's, we have it stated, so of we were dead too, things would go to our heirs, if they were dead because they have no heirs, the court would have to decide.

@chrisgraves

Last Rhoden family victim, Kenneth, will be buried tomorrow in Piketon. #pikecounty #cgnow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member