TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm going to start working my way down a *not* in the video list. For me, RB & VB are out from being the person in the video. IMO.

2 down. Many more to go.

Didn't see anything that looked like a bomb squad that day, or any mention of explosives-road was free and clear to pass by all day, and clearly just "normal" looking law enforcement. I really don't think explosives were ever an issue.

Here's a recap I posted this morning plus the added LE information. Have a great weekend! Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are moms and sending lots of prayers to Missy's daughters and family.

______
Victim: Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45 (MB)

Murdered 4-18-16
Camp Gladiator (CG) fitness instructor

Husband: Brandon Bevers (BB)

Daughters: Ages 15, 13, 8

Missy's Family: James (deceased) and Norma Strickland / Brothers: Bubba and Clint

Randy Bevers (RB): Father of Brandon Bevers.
He is from Austin, which is why an Austin area code was most likely in search warrants. Bevers says he was in Oceanside, California, at the time of Missy's murder.
Vikki Bevers (VB): Randy Bevers' wife

Marsha Tucker (MT): She's been called Missy's MIL and "like a mother" to BB
Dr. Chad Tucker (DCT): Area chiropractor. Marsha Tucker's son. He calls himself a "brother" in media reports, but he's possibly a half-brother or step-brother. Could be "CT" in search warrants, although a trainer and his wife confirmed to CBS DFW that they were listed in the documents along with another husband and wife (report noted below).

Kristi Stout (KS): Sister of Brandon Bevers
Story according to NBC5: Stout said her mother, Missy Bevers' mother-in-law, called her at 5:30 a.m. the day of the murder and said she'd been told Bevers had been in a crash. MIL went to be with Bevers and Stout went to her brother's home to take care of the couple's three daughters.

***Note: Person below is not considered a person of interest or suspect. He could be assisting the investigation or allowing LE to rule out all possibilities.

CW: 33, VP of healthcare company,
US Army veteran (airborne), former collegiate wrestler and current MMA fighter. Married to KW, they have a toddler son. His professional fighter profile lists him as: 5-8 and 145 lbs. According to search warrant documents, MB and CW had contact via LinkedIn that court documents state "were flirtatious and familiar." Court documents don’t identify the 33-year-old as a suspect or the source of the “creepy” message, but do cite him as based on evidence and interviews. The official documents state: “This person of interest confirmed that they had engaged in a series of communications with the decedent while on the LinkedIn social media service some time starting around [January 2016] until her death that ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar,” a detective wrote.

EVIDENTIARY SEARCH WARRANT "Target 9" Numbers For These Individuals
***Note: No one below is listed as a person of interest or suspect. Individuals could be assisting the investigation or allowing LE to rule out all possibilities.

AFFIDAVIT LISTED IN THIS ORDER:

• T. BEVERS (MB) - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, victim

• B. BEVERS (BB) - Brandon Bevers, husband (2 cell phone numbers)

• A. TUCKER (AT) - Missy's fellow trainer who was in Austin with her the previous weekend at a work function. He also held a CG camp the morning of her murder at 5 a.m. and 6:15 a.m. / According to a CBS DFW report: The remaining five appear to be family friends. They include a man who said he knows Missy through their mutual involvement in the Camp Gladiator fitness program. His wife’s number was also listed. Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death.

• C. TUCKER (CT) - AT's wife. She is a mother of 4, who holds an undergraduate degree from SMU and MBA from Dallas Baptist University. She is a former budget analyst at an aviation company who left the executive world one year ago. She gave birth to the couple's fourth child 9 months ago. She is also very involved in the community and serves at Treasury of an area PTA. / According to a CBS DFW report: The remaining five appear to be family friends. They include a man who said he knows Missy through their mutual involvement in the Camp Gladiator fitness program. His wife’s number was also listed. Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death.

• K. COZINE (KC) - From Midlothian, has children the same age as the Bevers' and is very involved in the fitness community. He is a triathlon coach and teachers early morning spin class in town. He is married to MC. CBSDFW reports: Another man whose name appeared said his daughter was close friends with one of Missy’s daughters. His wife’s number was also listed. Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death. The warrant seeks any information about incoming and and outgoing calls… as well as text messages, e-mails, and data on the phone.

• M. COZINE (MC) - From Midlothian, married to KC since 1995. It is believed that her daughter was close friends with Missy's daughter. CBS11 reports: Another man whose name appeared said his daughter was close friends with one of Missy’s daughters. His wife’s number was also listed. Those who spoke to CBS11 all said they had no idea why they were included and that they had not had any communication with Missy in the days before her death. The warrant seeks any information about incoming and and outgoing calls… as well as text messages, e-mails, and data on the phone.

• R. BEVERS - Brandon Bevers' father (see top)
  • V. BEVERS - RB's wife (see top)

MAIN LAW ENFORCEMENT (LE) CHARACTERS:
Midlothian Chief of Police, Carl Smith (mustache, brown hair, often holds press conferences with Chief Johnson)
Chief Carl D. Smith was hired by the City of Midlothian on July 16, 2007. Chief Smith came from the City of Desoto after serving 20 years and rising to the rank of Assistant Chief. Having lived in the Midlothian area for the majority of his life, Chief Smith embraced the opportunity to work in his home community.

Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson (blondish hair, often holds press conferences with Chief Smith)
Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson began his law enforcement career with the City of Midlothian in 1998 as a dispatcher. He joined the patrol division in January of 2000.

Arlington PD: Assisting MPD with daily patrol and organizing crime tips and other matters needed (source: local insiders)
ATF, FBI, Texas Rangers

NYPD 'STINGRAY' Experts - Police sources have told CBS11 they are relying heavily on the New York Police Department, and its high-tech tracking devices, to help them solve the murder...<snipped by me>...Experts with the NYPD were brought in to help analyze the &#8220;pings&#8221; from cell towers, in hopes of finding the &#8220;electronic footprint&#8221; of Missy Bevers&#8217; killer in the early hours of April 18. Those signals could then draw a blueprint leading back to the attacker&#8217;s identity, investigators told CBS11. They said no one is better at doing that than the NYPD. They are well-known to use sophisticated tracking devices known as &#8220;Stingrays&#8221;, which has reportedly located more than 1,000 criminals, including rapists and murderers, since 2008. The Sting Ray device, according to a New York Post article earlier this year, gathers telephone numbers from neighborhoods by mimicking a cell tower, allowing it to identify unique subscriber numbers. It&#8217;s not known if this the exact technology being used in Midlothian.

**Note by me: As a reminder, no one is considered a person of interest or suspect as this time. These names were listed by MSM and appear on search warrants listed by MSM and all persons are considered innocent at this time.

"Originally Posted by Breck80 RB's alibi would be easy to check out. His phone would ping in CA when he got the call, there would be airport surveillance of him checking in, at baggage, documentation whether he boarded, etc. For someone who went to great lengths to disguise himself/herself, it'd be hard to believe they wouldn't cover the most basic bases. An airport is beaming with surveillance. JMO."

And yet he hasn't been officially cleared. Should be super easy to clear him at this point.

bbm^ Yes, relatively easy for LE to clear someone as not being at the scene & causing a death in person, if person was at airport, then on flight, etc..
But that does not exclude that person from being involved in the homicide - perhaps in planning, logistics, or providing maps/pix/info, funding, etc.

NOT saying RB or BB were involved, just talking about LE procedure re 'clearing' someone so person is 'ruled out as a suspect.'
JM2cts.

Thanks! :)

I am just wondering if we have 2 calls from the same person (connection issues?) or 2 calls from 2 different individuals. If 2 individuals, why?

-Nin

It is assumed 2 different people bc the calls came in at the same time. Anyone have the TL handy?

That early in the morning there has to be a camera on some business nearby picking up the few cars coming and going the route to that church.

I speculated above that perhaps the big agencies are involved because of the business structure of CG and/or the supplement company. I do not know if they are pyramid schemes, but if they are, that might be something the FBI is looking at.

From https://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud:

"More specifically, pyramid schemes—also referred to as “franchise fraud” or “chain referral schemes”—are marketing and investment frauds in which an individual is offered a distributorship or franchise to market a particular product. The real profit is earned, not by the sale of the product, but by the sale of new distributorships. Emphasis on selling franchises rather than the product eventually leads to a point where the supply of potential investors is exhausted and the pyramid collapses. At the heart of each pyramid scheme is typically a representation that new participants can recoup their original investments by inducing two or more prospects to make the same investment. Promoters fail to tell prospective participants that this is mathematically impossible for everyone to do, since some participants drop out, while others recoup their original investments and then drop out."

I have no idea how CG and the supplement companies actually work - maybe they are totally legit - but perhaps this is an angle to investigate.

JMOpinion

I have always guessed the Cozine's made the 911 calls because that would explain why they were on the "list of 9".

I have always guessed the Cozine's made the 911 calls because that would explain why they were on the "list of 9".

I also think one of them called BB from the scene, which would put them on the list. My hunch is that is their only involvement, but IDK of course.

JMOpinion, subject to change at any moment

Do you think Missy may not have been the first?

I think this could be stemming from the corrupt officers at Ellis County Sherriff's where they may be trying to charge them with felony murder and depending on what all they stole, drugs gangs and all sorts of other unsavory characters could be tied into this. Notice how the Texas Rangers were involved and have been trying to find guns:
The Texas Rangers were able to recover four more guns from pawn shops, and learned of another four guns that had been sold in other ways. Authorities are still working to confirm their whereabouts. A search of Slaughter&#8217;s mobile home in Midlothian netted 17 weapons and started speculation that more &#8216;destroyed&#8217; guns could still be missing.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/26/former-ellis-county-lieutenant-accused-of-stealing-guns/
Now if one of those evidence room guns was used in a murder that was obtained as a result of the actions of a former senior officer, that could bring you in an alphabet soup of state and federal agencies. Also just because these guys were only charged with stealing guns, it doesn't mean that was all they stole (it sounds like the Ellis County Sheriff doesn't know, which isn't surprising since Lt. Slaughter was in charge of those records), like just think if those guys stole these drugs (which those drugs could have found their way to NY and other parts of Texas, like Arlington):
http://elliscountycitizen.com/2015/03/18/3522/
If something like this is the case, Missy's death though unfortunate could result in the extreme harsh penalties for many criminals with her murder serving as the launching point.

"Originally Posted by Breck80 RB's alibi would be easy to check out. His phone would ping in CA when he got the call, there would be airport surveillance of him checking in, at baggage, documentation whether he boarded, etc. For someone who went to great lengths to disguise himself/herself, it'd be hard to believe they wouldn't cover the most basic bases. An airport is beaming with surveillance. JMO."

bbm^ Yes, relatively easy for LE to clear someone as not being at the scene & causing a death in person, if person was at airport, then on flight, etc..
But that does not exclude that person from being involved in the homicide - perhaps in planning, logistics, or providing maps/pix/info, funding, etc.

NOT saying RB or BB were involved, just talking about LE procedure re 'clearing' someone so person is 'ruled out as a suspect.'
JM2cts.

With all due respect, I never said he hasn't been officially cleared nor alluded to that. What I did say, was he'll be easy to cross-reference. Respectfully, NO ONE has been cleared nor has no one been ruled a suspect.

I speculated above that perhaps the big agencies are involved because of the business structure of CG and/or the supplement company. I do not know if they are pyramid schemes, but if they are, that might be something the FBI is looking at.

From https://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud:

"More specifically, pyramid schemes&#8212;also referred to as &#8220;franchise fraud&#8221; or &#8220;chain referral schemes&#8221;&#8212;are marketing and investment frauds in which an individual is offered a distributorship or franchise to market a particular product. The real profit is earned, not by the sale of the product, but by the sale of new distributorships. Emphasis on selling franchises rather than the product eventually leads to a point where the supply of potential investors is exhausted and the pyramid collapses. At the heart of each pyramid scheme is typically a representation that new participants can recoup their original investments by inducing two or more prospects to make the same investment. Promoters fail to tell prospective participants that this is mathematically impossible for everyone to do, since some participants drop out, while others recoup their original investments and then drop out."

I have no idea how CG and the supplement companies actually work - maybe they are totally legit - but perhaps this is an angle to investigate.

JMOpinion

IMO, the LE and other agencies are taking this crime very personal, since the perp impersonated an officer. S/he almost was
screaming to LE, while casually strolling the halls "catch me if you can"!

Because Titan could sniff out gun casings/residue-there wasn't any indication it was for a bomb/explosive. No guns either-just tools brutally utilized. IMO.

Here's a recap I posted this morning plus the added LE information.

<Snipped to save space.>

**Note by me: As a reminder, no one is considered a person of interest or suspect as this time. These names were listed by MSM and appear on search warrants listed by MSM and all persons are considered innocent at this time. [/I]

Hi, Breck80! One more to add:
Titan, the ATF canine [emoji18]
Male. Labrador Retriever. Four years old. 73 lbs.

"Titan is all work and excels in open environments searching for explosive-related materials to include firearms, ammunition shell casings and explosives."
https://www.atf.gov/about/k9/titan

That early in the morning there has to be a camera on some business nearby picking up the few cars coming and going the route to that church.

I was just looking at Google maps with this in mind. If this person drove out of the church and went to the left then they're going by the SWFA Outdoors - and haven't there already been comments about their cameras picking up Missy and the camper/s? - I have no link for that, was that actually stated in an article/press conference? If so then you'd think they definitely picked the person up too. And if this person drove out and turned to the right then they have to go past the Whataburger (unless they went off road) - though it might be set back too far from the road and there's a sprinkling of trees, but then they also appear to have to drive by a Shell and potentially an Exxon - you'd think both of those would have decent forecourt cameras.

...SBM... We do for instance know that the ATF has been involved and even know the K9 team that sniffed the building. ...SBM....
clarification of point -

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/

"...One federal agency confirmed Wednesday night they’re assisting in the case. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church. Some clues “Titan” could hit on are cast off gun casings and gun residue. Officials didn’t say whether or not the dog provided any breaks in the case. ..."

I had wanted to look that up anyway. Always trust the dog. Always trust the dog. Please, carry on with all the amazing thoughts and discussions, WS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member