OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made bail back in December. Was scheduled to go before the Grand Jury for final pre-trial on April 22nd, the day after the murders. Someone mentioned Manley's comment about LE showing up and it zinged ~ I imagine anyone with a growing op like the Rhodens is paying protection. I just think maybe JJ hit them up and they said no - big mistake.

It also explains why family is mostly keeping quiet; if I thought LE were involved, I would keep my mouth closed too. I have looked several places to see if JJ is currently incarcerated, I come up with nothing. I found this about Franklin county jail mug shot, looked at inmate search and found nothing there:

http://wdtn.com/2015/12/11/ex-deput...hooting-of-driver-neighbors-off-duty-slaying/

Also couldn't find him incarcerated in Pike county either.

WOW! Thanks, I had a feeling that He was out since you all were considering this scenario. Very interesting.

"He made bail back in December. Was schedule to go before the Grand Jury for final pre-trial on April 22nd, the day after the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Latestforever View Post
It also explains why family is mostly keeping quiet; if I thought LE were involved, I would keep my mouth closed too. I have looked several places to see if JJ is currently incarcerated, I come up with nothing. I found this about Franklin county jail mug shot, looked at inmate search and found nothing there:

http://wdtn.com/2015/12/11/ex-deputy...-duty-slaying/

Also couldn't find him incarcerated in Pike county either."

For what it's worth, here is my current theory.....I think 1 person murdered Kenneth as a crime of opportunity - this person had nothing to lose and/or something to gain (in their own sick twisted mind) after this person had heard the knews - maybe it was money this person was after, maybe it was drugs, maybe it was both, who knows? Several things make me think this way but only one I can discuss here is that Kenneth was not found until hours later. I don't think (as of now anyway) that Kenneth was involved in as many things and/or as close to the family as the others were with each other. I have nothing to back it up, this is all JMO from reading and observing here and there.

I think it's highly possible also that 1 person murdered the other 7 and I don't think this person had any family ties but rather was someone who had at one time voiced threat (s) against the family. This person is male and has been questioned (in the early stages). I think it was out of anger/revenge and the reason I think it was carried out by one person was because you can't tell on yourself (versus having others involved who can or may talk). The question I ask myself is could somebody actually be so upset with 1 or more members of a family over some threats or name calling etc that they would actually go murder their entire family? Yes, that is hard to grasp, but then again, maybe there were involvements amongst them regarding other things? Also, IMO a person who could shoot this many people, most of them while they were sleeping, obviously has issues so that's why I then tell myself that people have killed for lots less reasons because they obviously are mentally disturbed!!! And this person may have even went to one of the houses or all of the houses for that matter to fake an apology or to try and make amends so therefore was willingly let in and then it all happened from there. These 7 family members were all in close proximity of one other, I don't think it would've taken long to complete the mission he was on. Possibly this person was let in, shoots the first person and heads directly to the next 1 or 2. Even if the shot wasn't silenced in some way and you were in a deep sleep and heard a gun shot, you would almost have to have a weapon under your pillow to be able to wake up, grab it and try to protect yourself before someone runs down the hall to shoot you next (especially in a trailer where there aren't that many rooms to wonder which ones are bedrooms etc).

I also think the person who murdered the 7 family members was young, inexperienced, more than likely not much experience with shooting as in even target practice etc and that's why it took the number of bullets it did. Again, JMO.

This is all JMO and it is my theory for right now but is subject to change as it has changed numerous times already since I started following this case from the beginning.

If you are referring to a young man that was questioned earlier in the investigation - he passed a lie detector test.

This line of thinking that the rogue cop JJ did this, is the most plausible theory I have heard so far. Were any of the victims(Rhoden's) witnesses or any other connection to JJ's crimes? Does anyone know if anything else connects the dots?
I remember a few threads ago there was talk of a video Chris Jr had on his fb of a cop shooting an unarmed man. Is this the same cop?

The cop JJ was in a deadly shooting twice, first time after a high speed chase, with his colleague TD. TD's wife is apperantly very close with KR's x. Maybe just a coincidence.

I hope when you consider different scenarios you will ask yourself why were the children left alive? It appears it was deliberate since others were shot in close proximity. Who would know that someone would arrive early enough that morning to make sure the children survived?

Perhaps the killer did not care whether the children survived, but just was not going to kill them himself or herself. This is, obviously, entirely speculative.

Some people will kill people but have strict codes against killing little kids. It's not necessarily that they care about those kids, or really care when they will be found, but they won't be the ones to kill them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Even considering some do not kill etc.....this person or persons actually waited for a child to be born, I'm not sure if I've ever heard of a murderer being patient enough to wait for someone to give birth.

If you are referring to a young man that was questioned earlier in the investigation - he passed a lie detector test.

Has it been released by LE that anyone passed a lie detector test or is this just someone saying they did? And, JMO but I believe more than 1 person has claimed to have been questioned by LE.

Even considering some do not kill etc.....this person or persons actually waited for a child to be born, I'm not sure if I've ever heard of a murderer being patient enough to wait for someone to give birth.

How do we know they intentionally waited or if her pregnancy was even taken into consideration when deciding what day to do it?

Not reaching at all. I thought that same exact thing. It would be awesome if they were close to making an arrest in this case. I really don't want this going cold. WHOEVER did this need to be off the street like yesterday. Anyone know of a link between IG and KR? I have my theory and Im sticking to it lol.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the altercation between IJ and the Rhodens was about. I don't remember reading that.

How do we know they intentionally waited or if her pregnancy was even taken into consideration when deciding what day to do it?

We don't know for sure, however it's a odd coincidence that she had just came home from the hospital. Just seems if it was carefully thought out and planned as it was first reported then they planned it around the birth jmo

Has it been released by LE that anyone passed a lie detector test or is this just someone saying they did? And, JMO but I believe more than 1 person has claimed to have been questioned by LE.

LE is more concerned with whether you agree or refuse to take their test, rather than the results - which are often inconclusive, and cannot be used in any proceedings against you. Now if you flat bomb it and show deception, they will follow you like a hungry dog after a meat wagon. Best advice is - never, ever take one unless it was arranged by your attorney. Then he or she can decide whether to share the results with LE.

Does anyone know what the altercation between IJ and the Rhodens was about. I don't remember reading that.

It was over a confrontation they had where IJ said he was in a car with his friends and the Rhodens approached them with guns, poles, etc and called them "dirty ni**ers." I don't know what led up to that confrontation though. IJ then made a threat via FB that he was calling on his family in Baltimore to take them out.
The Rhodens had so much drama and seemed to be involved in a lot of conflict.

They (Chris Jr) also had a run in with Rusty Mongold. He made a similar threat on FB.
<modsnip>

Edited to add- how do you insert pictures in posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R