Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who found the sunglasses were smart to turn them in to LE. I doubt I would have given them a second thought if I had stumbled upon them while out camping/fishing/hiking, etc.

Unless there was something really off about them... or unless I knew someone was recently missing (but I probably wouldn't be out there at all if that were the case). These were found like a year later, right?

I guess the people who found them thought to turn them in to LE because the sunglasses seemed to be in too good of a condition considering their location/circumstances? Or maybe they thought they were real and worth a lot of money?

BBM. Dec. 2009. Just shy of 8 months.

I spoke to a local LE friend of mine today about last week's PC and the possible recent developments. He couldn't tell me much because he doesn't know much about the finer details himself. However, he does have more info than what's been released to the public but couldn't be more specific other than to say that we are RIGHT ON TRACK.

I shared our general consensus/theory with him (the family suspected to be involved, etc.) and he was SHOCKED at how much I (meaning all of YOU) had already managed to figure out.

I told him I couldn't take the credit for it and then I bragged on WS for a little bit (or a lotta bit!) ;)

(One thing he did add was that Massey ID'ed the wrong brother in the botched kidnapping back in 2010.)

Thank you for having this conversation with him. What other information did you tell him we had theorized (other than the family involved)? You said "etc" which makes me think there is more. Sorry if I'm nitpicking -- just wish I had been there for this conversation! :) It is appreciated.

Article from 2010 . .

On July 21, a Tennessee woman reported to police that three men in a van approached her on Ocean Boulevard and tried to kidnap her.

According to the police report, Randa Massey, 20, was walking on Ocean Boulevard near the BlueWater Resort around 4:30 p.m. when she heard what sounded like a van "creep up behind her."

Massey told police two men jumped from the van and tried to pull her into the van, but when she elbowed one of them in the face, she broke free.

She told police a third man waited in the van as a get-away driver.

On Monday, detectives from Myrtle Beach and other assisting law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at Taylor's home on Old Collins Creek Road in Charleston County, near the Georgetown County line.

http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction

Eeerie if you ask me. .

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yes, very eerie. Can anybody recall whether or not there were witnesses to this event other than the victim herself? My theory is that Brittanee was snatched right off the street but I understand how and why so many of you feel that would not be possible. I think it is crucial to know whether or not anyone witnessed Randa's attempted abduction because that would tell us if that's why the Ts were so brazen -- they had successfully done it before.

Long time follower of this story, first time post. I’ve appreciated the insights offered by many here as I’ve read the thoughts about Brittanee’s disappearance. I haven’t followed it much in the past few years, but was saddened to hear the content of the press conference last week. I guess that most felt she probably wasn’t alive, but I think there was always a faint glimmer of hope.

The main reason that I wanted to post was because of something that I have thought about since I first started following. It seems that all theories and ideas about Brittanee leaving the BW that night have her walking Ocean Boulevard back toward BH. While I admit that is the most likely scenario, I’ve wondered many times if she could have possibly deviated off the Boulevard.

Could it be possible that she stopped somewhere along the way (there is a park beside the BW) or even possibly decided to walk the beach back to BH, and she was taken/lured from somewhere other than the Boulevard? As unlikely as those theories are, I just wonder if anyone else has thought about that or if anything of the sort has been mentioned or considered? Maybe I missed some reason why it is a sure thing that she was on the Boulevard from the time she left the BW until whatever happened.

I know that this is probably irrelevant now, but it was just interesting to me that the one theory of her attempted return trip to BH has always seemed to be that she started walking and was snatched off the Boulevard before she made it to the next camera.

Long time follower of this story, first time post. I’ve appreciated the insights offered by many here as I’ve read the thoughts about Brittanee’s disappearance. I haven’t followed it much in the past few years, but was saddened to hear the content of the press conference last week. I guess that most felt she probably wasn’t alive, but I think there was always a faint glimmer of hope.

The main reason that I wanted to post was because of something that I have thought about since I first started following. It seems that all theories and ideas about Brittanee leaving the BW that night have her walking Ocean Boulevard back toward BH. While I admit that is the most likely scenario, I’ve wondered many times if she could have possibly deviated off the Boulevard.

Could it be possible that she stopped somewhere along the way (there is a park beside the BW) or even possibly decided to walk the beach back to BH, and she was taken/lured from somewhere other than the Boulevard? As unlikely as those theories are, I just wonder if anyone else has thought about that or if anything of the sort has been mentioned or considered? Maybe I missed some reason why it is a sure thing that she was on the Boulevard from the time she left the BW until whatever happened.

I know that this is probably irrelevant now, but it was just interesting to me that the one theory of her attempted return trip to BH has always seemed to be that she started walking and was snatched off the Boulevard before she made it to the next camera.

Hi there. Happy to have you join us. Please continue to contribute.

Yes, this theory has been mentioned to answer your question. It is a very possible theory and I do hope LE has checked out surveillance cameras on the surrounding streets. We have not heard anything to backup whether Britt veered off of the Boulevard or not, but I believe they would be remiss to at least not look into the possibility.

We do know that Brittanee passed at least one surveillance camera along OB on her way back to her hotel, so we know she took that route for at least a portion of her trip.

We also know that the #1 family suspected in her case has attempted to abduct at least one other girl along this main drag.

All of that said, IMO, Brittanee walked OB the entire way and was abducted right from there.

Thanks for the answer. I agree that the OB theory is the most likely. Having been to the beach many times through the years, I've been known to take the Boulevard one way and walk the beach back, so I guess that's why I considered that as a possibility.

I spoke to a local LE friend of mine today about last week's PC and the possible recent developments. He couldn't tell me much because he doesn't know much about the finer details himself. However, he does have more info than what's been released to the public but couldn't be more specific other than to say that we are RIGHT ON TRACK.

I shared our general consensus/theory with him (the family suspected to be involved, etc.) and he was SHOCKED at how much I (meaning all of YOU) had already managed to figure out.

I told him I couldn't take the credit for it and then I bragged on WS for a little bit (or a lotta bit!) ;)

(One thing he did add was that Massey ID'ed the wrong brother in the botched kidnapping back in 2010.)

IMO the exact same thing happened to BD. She was a tiny girl who was at the wrong place at the wrong time. These guys may have cruised up & down looking for the perfect opportunity many times before they spotted Brittanee.

The Kelsey Smith case first brought me to Websleuths. Kelsey was kidnapped from a Target parking lot in daylight. No one saw it but it was captured on video.
Everyone should watch this Target video and be wary.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/cops-teen-probably-abducted/

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article10534097.html

Yes, I believe this was brought up in earlier threads that possibly she went down side street/side entrance to BW that connected to the pool area/parking and that that might explain why she didn't appear on the next camera and that she possibly got into a vehicle there, possible one of the "friends." I cannot remember if or why that was ruled out, or if it was. That would explain why no one saw her snatched off of OB and her not appearing on the next street cam.

Thanks asking the questions and its good to know we are on the right track (although not surprised considering the caliber of the people posting/sleuthing!). Question....you said you asked Local LE....does "local" mean local to you (not sure where you are in Carolina), or local meaning local to McC area?

Three years after Brittanee Drexel’s disappearance, a victim of ‘person of interest’ speaks out

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...isappearance-past-victim-person-interest.html

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

(O/T, but noteworthy from this link, as far as the different types of "verbal lures" these dirtbags use, "have you seen my puppy", etc...:

"Harding was walking alone to meet a friend at her elementary school in Vallejo, Calif., when she encountered Moody on Jan. 20, 1983. He forced the young girl into his car, saying he intended to drop her off at a police station because “‘You’re too little to be out here by yourself,’” Harding recalled.

Moody drove to an empty cul-de-sac, where he raped the child repeatedly before she managed to escape after pleading with her assailant to use a bathroom." )

Welcome bwf24 :)

:welcome5:

I left a comment for the author of the BlogSpot website that has been mentioned earlier. I said:

Crime Spy,

You state in your blog that Brittanee's "friends" are also friends with the persons of interest in this case. Could you please cite your source for that information? I have seen it listed no where else.

The author has to approve the comment before it is made public. We'll see if I get an answer.

I left a comment for the author of the BlogSpot website that has been mentioned earlier. I said:

The author has to approve the comment before it is made public. We'll see if I get an answer.

I also requested to join that persons fb page about BD..Still waiting approval

We have a response:

Crime SpyJune 14, 2016 at 11:04 AM

In the News Video is where I heard it at. See above YouTube Video ....
[video=youtube;7iHF7NkuJS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iHF7NkuJS4[/video] ....
News reporter reported it.

I have not viewed this video yet and cannot until I get out of work tonight.

We have a response:

I have not viewed this video yet and cannot until I get out of work tonight.
The video says he is from McClellanville, McClellanvilles in Charleston county @1:37 that taylor runs in the same circles as the drexel suspects and he had been questioned in Drexel’s case before (Paraprasing).
IMO this is not referring to the new York friends, but a group of suspects from McClellanville.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The video says he is from McClellanville, McClellanvilles in Charleston county @1:37 that taylor runs in the same circles as the drexel suspects and he had been questioned in Drexel’s case before (Paraprasing).
IMO this is not referring to the new York friends, but a group of suspects from McClellanville.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks. From what it sounds like, the blogger misinterpreted the statement as saying that Brittanee's "friends" are the suspects in this case. I don't think that's what the reporter meant but I won't go and correct the blogger. I was very interested in how he/she got their information and now we see that it was a misinterpretation. Crucial distinction, IMO.

Thanks. From what it sounds like, the blogger misinterpreted the statement as saying that Brittanee's "friends" are the suspects in this case. I don't think that's what the reporter meant but I won't go and correct the blogger. I was very interested in how he/she got their information and now we see that it was a misinterpretation. Crucial distinction, IMO.

That's exactly what happened IMO. Didn't it come out in or after the PC that the person(s) they are now closing in on were on their radar since basically the beginning? That fits with what the news piece said if we assume the suspects the source was referring to were the T's and company.

Certainly the authorities have some sort of evidence she is deceased. They probably have far more information than they are willing to share.

With that said, I feel more hopeful in this case than ever, so I think it's just a matter of time before we get resolution.

My interesting conversation of the day was with a co-worker that lives in M'ville. This has definitely caused a stir among the locals. From what I understand there are certain areas of the community that even locals don't go, it's just understood. They stay away. My friend also said that the threat of arrest is a good thing, that's the only way some will talk. He thinks that there will be an arrest and it may include those that didn't tell what they knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal