Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, $14 million in victim claims.

I hope the Bosmas get all that they can out of Millard.
I don't know how much will be left. Nows the time to follow that money trail left behind by MB's rapid liquidation of DM's assets. The statement filed by the Receiver say's DM only has 1000 in his bank account. lol

It also shows us that DM had 50% ownership of Millardair and Millard Properties but their values now are only $1.00 and at the time of his Bankruptcy filing, the company that's worth $1.00 owed him 4.167M dollars and only had 1.6M dollars in assets.

So how would Millard Properties owe DM 4.167M- a shareholders loan would mean that DM injected that amount of cash into Millard Properties. All the real estate was held in DM/WM's name personally. AFAIK, the only assets Millard Properties owned was the hangar and vehicles. It kind of looks like DM at some point put 4M and change into Millard Properties. Perhaps his half of what was owing to the Bank?

It's obvious that the Estate of WM has a bit more moola than DM has- otherwise, the Courts would never order that 75K worth of shareholders loans owing to DM to be given as security to WM's estate in exchange for cash. MB's seems to be racking up the legal bills- weighing in at 25K, sure doesn't leave much for DM's "D". IIRC there was approx 6.5 worth of real estate liquidated.

The 3.1M from Riverside went to the RBC, the 700K condo was 100% leveraged between a lender and MB, 50% of Maple Gate would have to go to WM's estate (1.2M @ 50% = 600K), the farm was 800K and IIRC, the Woodbridge condo sold for about 600K ( I think ) So, speculating here- since Riverside was solely in DM's name with a 1M mortgage in favour of WM, when it sold the bank scooped the proceeds and that's at least 3.1 M of the 4.1M shareholder loan.

That would leave DM with about 2M, but it looks like he was on the hook for another 1M to Millard Properties- taking him down to 1M. I'm a thinking that his legal bills to date have to be pushing 500K- and I think MB & SS earned 120K a year collectively for 2 years and then taxes etc. It does appear that DM is in fact bankrupt and soon to be broke.

He is holding a mortgage on the hangar- 50% of that would be his. MOO

This will give you a better idea of what this is all about. The Receiver here is Zeifman's. DM has declared bankruptcy/insolvency.
http://www.zeifmans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Notice-and-Statement-of-Receiver-Nov-23-2015-2.pdf

And just to add my interpretations. WM's estate has money in it. DM doesn't have any cash. The Courts have allowed DM to assign WM's estate 75K worth of DM's shareholders loan in Millard Properties for 75K worth of cash out of WM's estate to be used solely for DM's legal bills and repayment to MB's for her legal bills. Nice to see that there are victim claims on there. Looks like all the moola is tied up nicely. MOO

So, does that mean they sued him and have already been awarded $14 million???

So, does that mean they sued him and have already been awarded $14 million???
No, they're "contingent" claims, meaning that they haven't happened or may never happen. Chances are as soon as DM was found guilty, he received "intent's to sue" or "notices" advising him that they plan on taking civil action against him. Maybe they were filed against him right after he was arrested because they've become part of the bankruptcy statements. Also of interest is that MB actually filed under the Personal Property Security Act becoming a secured creditor- she wasn't going to get duped for her legal bills. Interesting. MOO

No, they're "contingent" claims, meaning that they haven't happened or may never happen. Chances are as soon as DM was found guilty, he received "intent's to sue" or "notices" advising him that they plan on taking civil action against him. Maybe they were filed against him right after he was arrested because they've become part of the bankruptcy statements. Also of interest is that MB actually filed under the Personal Property Security Act becoming a secured creditor- she wasn't going to get duped for her legal bills. Interesting. MOO

Thanks, I should have read closer first. That would have to be a record in Canada.

Thanks, I should have read closer first. That would have to be a record in Canada.
AFAIK, they haven't sued for anything yet- they're just in position to sue. IMHO, DM is broke and if found guilty, he's not going to be getting any of daddy's money, so by the time he's finished appealing and paying legals for his other trials, he may as well hand over his half of the mortgage on the hangar to his lawyers. However, I don't know if WM's estate can escape any claims- the incinerator was purchased by Millardair while WM was alive. The hangar- the vehicles- his Estate may very well be vulnerable. I somehow don't think that will be the last time that MB's has to go to the WM Estate trough to snag a buck or two either. MOO

This will give you a better idea of what this is all about. The Receiver here is Zeifman's. DM has declared bankruptcy/insolvency.
http://www.zeifmans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Notice-and-Statement-of-Receiver-Nov-23-2015-2.pdf

And just to add my interpretations. WM's estate has money in it. DM doesn't have any cash. The Courts have allowed DM to assign WM's estate 75K worth of DM's shareholders loan in Millard Properties for 75K worth of cash out of WM's estate to be used solely for DM's legal bills and repayment to MB's for her legal bills. Nice to see that there are victim claims on there. Looks like all the moola is tied up nicely. MOO

Thank you very much for posting this. It gives me new insight into what's happening now that verdicts have been reached. I hope every penny DM has left goes to "Jane Doe Bosma" which I can only assume is Tim's daughter.

A couple of months later the discussion is still going strong!

Gotta say, that's one expensive truck for Dellen. I'm pretty sure he could have chartered a Boeing Globe Master for much less to go to the Baja race.

AFAIK, they haven't sued for anything yet- they're just in position to sue. IMHO, DM is broke and if found guilty, he's not going to be getting any of daddy's money, so by the time he's finished appealing and paying legals for his other trials, he may as well hand over his half of the mortgage on the hangar to his lawyers. However, I don't know if WM's estate can escape any claims- the incinerator was purchased by Millardair while WM was alive. The hangar- the vehicles- his Estate may very well be vulnerable. I somehow don't think that will be the last time that MB's has to go to the WM Estate trough to snag a buck or two either. MOO

Such a great Mom...looking out for sonny boy.. Making sure she has all his interests looked after prior to trial..or is it hers? This whole thing just smells!!! I am very happy that family will not have a chance to reproduce.

What saddens me is not seeing the Babcock name on this list.. I sure hope they don't get lost in this mess.

Such a great Mom...looking out for sonny boy.. Making sure she has all his interests looked after prior to trial..or is it hers? This whole thing just smells!!! I am very happy that family will not have a chance to reproduce.

What saddens me is not seeing the Babcock name on this list.. I sure hope they don't get lost in this mess.
It was all smelling a couple days after DM's arrest, prior to the murder charges being laid, when MB zoomed to the jail to get POA over DM's properties. Added note: It wasn't that she got POA, DM actually transferred some of the properties to her.

“The question is, could his lawyers argue that he was already going to do this and this was done in good faith . . . or was it done to avoid paying somebody in the future?” said Toronto real estate lawyer David Feld.

Paradkar said arrangements were made to facilitate day-to-day affairs while Millard is in jail awaiting trial. He said Millard is “not concerned about lawsuits.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/05/millard_land_deals_beyond_smelly_experts_say.html

Thank you very much for posting this. It gives me new insight into what's happening now that verdicts have been reached. I hope every penny DM has left goes to "Jane Doe Bosma" which I can only assume is Tim's daughter.

I certainly hope Tim's wife and daughter get some of that money! If there is any money left after all the legal bills and trials are over.....

A couple of months later the discussion is still going strong!

Gotta say, that's one expensive truck for Dellen. I'm pretty sure he could have chartered a Boeing Globe Master for much less to go to the Baja race.

Perhaps DM's outcome will be a deterrent to other would-be criminals..... that would be one positive thing after all of the horror and anguish he has caused everyone. And, let's not forget MS as well..... I'm sure he is kicking himself for hanging with DM and the outcome of his life to date..... sucks to be them these days.....

Brings new meaning to potentially why DM was staring down SB. moo

DM ruined his own life (as well as the lives of many others). It shows how twisted that he his that he would blame his victim for his misfortune.

Perhaps DM's outcome will be a deterrent to other would-be criminals..... that would be one positive thing after all of the horror and anguish he has caused everyone. And, let's not forget MS as well..... I'm sure he is kicking himself for hanging with DM and the outcome of his life to date..... sucks to be them these days.....

Unfortunately Georgeo I don't think this case will deter other murderers. "Normal" people don't go around intentionally murdering people like these two did...not just once but two and three times...."allegedly." These two are prime examples of how psychopaths operate. They think they are above the law, that they are intelligent and believe they can pull off perfect crimes. If they have a partner in crime, it is always their partner who is to blame for the murder/crime and the reason why they got caught. They have no remorse and or sympathy for anyone who has been affected by their evilness. IMO MS is just as guilty and evil as DM. The evidence proved they planned and hatched their plans together. They are exactly where they belong and I bet that's where they will remain until their last breathe. MOO.

Rather I would think they would be a loving couple if in one cell together and they would concoct the next plan (prison escape, bribery of guards, stealing from inmates). IMO

I certainly hope Tim's wife and daughter get some of that money! If there is any money left after all the legal bills and trials are over.....
IMHO, by the time DM and MB's are done feeding at the WM trough there won't be much left. Makes me laugh that just a few years ago, DM could blow 22K for the Eliminator just to get rid of his kills- take trips around the world. SS was earning a nice salary for sitting their watching over the hangar- LW's were both collecting moola- MB cashing her paycheque- just like a bunch of maggots on a piece of old meat. They'll just keep sucking it dry by contributing to the "Feed a Lawyer" fund- guess that could substitute for the Canadian Flora and Fauna Society...lol MOO

There won't be anything left IMO. Which is the true irony. He was made out to be this rich guy and people went on and on about his money. How he could afford to buy this truck instead of steal it. Meanwhile, he doesn't have a pot to p!ss in. Was obviously in debt just like he said. Smoke and mirrors. Guess what he told AM was accurate... A guy desperate for money who drags everyone around him into his mess it seems.

There won't be anything left IMO. Which is the true irony. He was made out to be this rich guy and people went on and on about his money. How he could afford to buy this truck instead of steal it. Meanwhile, he doesn't have a pot to p!ss in. Was obviously in debt just like he said. Smoke and mirrors. Guess what he told AM was accurate... A guy desperate for money who drags everyone around him into his mess it seems.

I think the beginning of the end was the death of his father Wayne and foolishly DM himself had caused (allegedly) this death - not as beneficial for his financial position as he might assumed in November 2012.

At the time that DM had DP as his lawyer, DP had another murder trial on the go for defendant MP.

About the same time that DM dropped DP as his lawyer, the MP trial went on unexpected hiatus.

MP was found guilty of manslaughter, and sentenced to 12 years, but the interesting thing about how it all ended out is this:

Mandeep Punia’s defence lawyer, Bob Richardson, is expected to present closing arguments Tuesday morning.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/25/victim-accused-sister-in-law-of-chasing-boys

Whatever happened to DP? He was all over the news and then something happened, and it's like he's dropped off the face of the earth.

<rsbm>

Whatever happened to DP? He was all over the news and then something happened, and it's like he's dropped off the face of the earth.

I just searched his name on CanLII. Looks like he was representing a defendant earlier this year (ruling from May 2016).

For an inexplicable reason, his LinkedIn makes it look like he stopped practicing law in July 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes