Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish we knew what was in the various bags,,,and what exactly is a "hood"?

like hoodie hat thing usually attached to a jacket by buttons or zipper, detachable??? My winter coat has one and so does my windbreaker????

I knew it would be a creepy question...I think we all would like to think they misspelled hoodie !!

Up above what is highlighted is number 97, pink undergarment - that was also found in the green crate.
Thank you for pointing that out.
The green crate is item 11 from scene 2a. All items from scene 2A with an item number beginning with 11 were in the green crate.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

In one search warrant it list item 2A12 two hanging devices, and where it came from - hanging from the ceiling.

Also the air mattress is an Ozark Trail, and in the green crate is an Ozark Trail "carrying " bag. I wonder if it was to keep the mattress in?

One of theses kind of plastic crate? Here are some in different sizes.

plastic_crates_1.jpg

Where or how do I, or how do I get back to photos ( I know I saw them on this forum)that showed boxes and things to the left of the brown garage? Were they the boxes of evidence?

I am trying to keep up while also outside doing a major painting of our fence. I will be back soon to finish this last page.

Can someone tell me exactly what Super Shock Protection is?? Thanks!

I'm not sure if someone answered this for you or not as I am a bit behind due to my work schedule today. Prior to 1996, Ohio sentencing laws were indeterminate. This mean the punishment for any particular crime could be something like 2-10 years. There was no need for the Judge to specify an exact release date. That would be done by the Parole Board. In order to try to keep overcrowding to a minimum, they had something called "Shock Probation" or "Super Shock Probation". Shock probation allowed an offender to receive probation after a short time (typically anytime after they have been at the institution for 30 days). The theory was prison shocked him and he would return to society as a law abiding citizen. Not every inmate was eligible for this. It was based upon the degree of the felony and the inmate and his attorney had to petition the Judge for a hearing.
Super Shock was very similar except the could not apply until they have been at the State institution for 6 months.

In 1996, Senate Bill 2 came out which may be more commonly known as "truth in sentencing". There was no more indeterminate sentencing (other than murder of course) and if a defendant entered a plea to a felony of the second degree which carries any amount of time between 2-8, the judge gives him a specified time such as 7 and that is the time that he does. Now, with that being said, there still exists something similar to the Shock Probation that previously existed. Ohio now has something called Judicial Release (O.R.C.2929.20). Here, if an offender has received less than a two year sentence, he may file for a Judicial Release after being at the State Institution for 30 days. If his sentence is two years but less than 5 years, he may file his petition 6 months after arriving at the State Institution. If his initial sentence is 5 years or over, he may not file until he is at the institution for 5 years. There are also some other more complicated rules with this but it really isn't worth getting into for this particular question. The point is, it really is not that often that any Judge grants a Judicial Release. Don't get me wrong, it does happen, but mostly for REALLY low level offenses.

Again if someone already answered this I apologize.

In one search warrant it list item 2A12 two hanging devices, and where it came from - hanging from the ceiling.

Also the air mattress is an Ozark Trail, and in the green crate is an Ozark Trail "carrying " bag. I wonder if it was to keep the mattress in?

One of theses kind of plastic crate? Here are some in different sizes.

View attachment 99525

Where or how do I, or how do I get back to photos ( I know I saw them on this forum)that showed boxes and things to the left of the brown garage? Were they the boxes of evidence?
It's common to have crates like the orange one. It was a thing in the 70s/80s. I know several people in Fulton county who have them. They also hold hay good for your small farm animals.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

It's common to have crates like the orange one. It was a thing in the 70s/80s. I know several people in Fulton county who have them. They also hold hay good for your small farm animals.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

One of the barn pics on here or a MSM story shows a green "milk crate" style crate in a pile with some taped up cardboard boxes. No link; sorry for that.

2Hope4 post 903....your last remark about the 3 acres of land...if it is in solely in his name....I wonder if he has signd over the land to his current lawyer for representing him in this case. I know he 'said' he did not make a lot of money in the past years, so he has no money to pay a private lawyer....the only thing he has is the land. Once the money is used up he can apply for state funding to represent him. The sad part is, others living with him lose out. They could have sold the land if it was in their name(s) and lived a 'decent' life....but not now. (Decent is not the correct word, but I cannot think of the correct one). There may be leins on the land if he owes anyone vehicles that they cannot get now due to it being part of a crime scene.

I may have missed this in the 6 threads but who is Verified in this case, btw?

I'm a verified local attorney but I'm not sure that is what you are asking.

Yes..you are good with your verification crsr. I think she meant who was an "insider" meaning someone that is part of the family of victim. Your info is invaluable crsr..while you are here...are the warrants/reports that have continued being accumulated from the date her body was discovered public record at any time? Are court reports different than actual police reports as far as being public record?

I'm a verified local attorney but I'm not sure that is what you are asking.
Hello, crsr18.

Yes, I too want to know if more of the case can be obtained beyond the search warrant? The fulton county judge did release court records as public, thanks to The Blade, but was it just restricted to the warranty release or ongoing case files? And where does the line cross between strictly court records and public records?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wish we knew what was in the various bags,,,and what exactly is a "hood"?

I immediately thought of like what our military has been shown to use on terroristic detainees[emoji20]
d80bbbfbc4158133a0e3b66da85c03a0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see thread 7 started but we need a mod to close this thread before we go over there.

I see thread 7 started but we need a mod to close this thread before we go over there.

tlcya was kind enough to prep a new thread earlier, for whenever it is needed :) Y'all can keep posting on this one for the time being and myself or another mod will post a 10 minute warning before the switch to the new thread will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2