The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP MAKING THIS THREAD ABOUT YOURSELF AND OTHER POSTERS.

I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO SAY THIS SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.

Thank you to the posters who are minding the rules.

Sharp eye silly that's a great point. If she didn't have her purse how could get to the marsh? Proponents of the drowning theory choose to ignore important details like this. The drowning theory has no merit.
Theres the issue of Shannan's jacket. Didnt Brewer say her jacket was on the ground in his driveway for a couple of days? How did it get there? Coletti said she had her jacket with her when he saw her.

Theres the issue of Shannan's jacket. Didnt Brewer say her jacket was on the ground in his driveway for a couple of days? How did it get there? Coletti said she had her jacket with her when he saw her.

deedee, IIRC, it was an earring that was found in JB's driveway and the jacket was found on Anchor Way. Maybe someone else can chime in because it's been a while and I could be mis-remembering.

deedee, IIRC, it was an earring that was found in JB's driveway and the jacket was found on Anchor Way. Maybe someone else can chime in because it's been a while and I could be mis-remembering.
Shannans sister found the earing near the bottom of the steps. I remember her pointing to where she found it in the video. I could be wrong about the jacket. Anyone?

Sarra Gilbert was indicted by the grand jury for killing her mother.

Thanks Dee for the update......it got lost amongst some of the whoooha...

Very sad...I am truly still rocked by the fact this has happened...

Heads up. Sending private messages that are rude or threatening is against our Terms of Service and could get you banned for life.

Even if you are responding to a rude email in a rude manner could get you banned.

Alert on the private message and let the mods handle it.

Thank you,
Tricia

HI sillybilly. Your memory is as correct as mine lol seriously, you are right about the earring and the jacket IIRC

ETA: I believe deedee is right that the earring was found by her sister on JB's porch/steps and the jacket was found in the street and then LOST. Never seen again.

I tried to post this in the thread where we discuss unrelated but possibly interesting (to LISK case) news, but discovered that thread closed. Mods, if there is a more appropriate place to ask this, please feel free to move my post there. I'm working off of my tablet this morning, and it's a huge to chore to post a link on this thing, so forgive me for not
providing the link here, but I'm curious to know if any other LISKers are following the Karina Vetrano case out of Queens?

ETA: Had to get on my PC to do some VA stuff, so thought I'd go ahead and post a link to the Karen Vetrano case here on WS. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-Karina-Vetrano-30-found-murdered-3-Aug-2016

I should also add that the reasons I find the Vetrano case of interest is that she was strangled, was a jogger, and had prior surgery on her legs. It called to mind Jane Doe 1019UFNY, the partial remains (legs) that washed up at Blue Point Beach. Oddly enough, her body was discovered in a marsh, like Shannan Gilbert, and it was also a National Park area, like some of our other LISK related remains.. Probably grasping at straws, but it's worth a look imo.

Another interesting thing: Karina's body was found just 30 minutes from Melissa Barthelemy's home on Underhill Ave..

Another interesting thing: Karina's body was found just 30 minutes from Melissa Barthelemy's home on Underhill Ave..
Ive been following this story. Her mother had a strong, unfiltered message for the beast that killed her.

Theres a go fund me page to raise the reward amount to catch the killer.

John Ray pleads Not Guilty for Sarra today in court.

http://www.newsday.com/news/region-s...ing-1.12167630

Ray, who has said Shannan Gilbert’s death affected her sister’s mental health, added a new twist Friday, saying Mari Gilbert’s longtime practice of witchcraft also affected Sarra and he plans to use that as part of her defense.

“Mari was a lifetime practitioner of witchcraft and apparently of black magic,” Ray said. “And her children were adversely affected by it, there is no question about it whatsoever. Sarra suffered from terrible delusions about witches, about demons, about voices and such. How can one not connect that to what her mother was doing?”

John Ray pleads Not Guilty for Sarra today in court.

http://www.newsday.com/news/region-s...ing-1.12167630

Ray, who has said Shannan Gilbert’s death affected her sister’s mental health, added a new twist Friday, saying Mari Gilbert’s longtime practice of witchcraft also affected Sarra and he plans to use that as part of her defense.

“Mari was a lifetime practitioner of witchcraft and apparently of black magic,” Ray said. “And her children were adversely affected by it, there is no question about it whatsoever. Sarra suffered from terrible delusions about witches, about demons, about voices and such. How can one not connect that to what her mother was doing?”

"There's various witchcraft practices that occurred which affected this poor girl's mind as well as the death of Shannan, for which she has not recovered," says Ray

http://westchester.news12.com/news/...y-in-murder-of-mother-mari-gilbert-1.12168692

It disgusts me to see Mari's memory defiled this way. Does not reflect well on Ray.

theres just no reason to believe shannan was on e, bath salts, snthetic mj or pcp that night. thats a claim with no basis in fact. hasnt brewer said they were doing coke?

And I don't see a lot of people on WS trusting in Brewer's word on anything. Why start with this one point?

And I don't see a lot of people on WS trusting in Brewer's word on anything. Why start with this one point?

Aren't you basing the theory Shannan had a psychotic freak out on Brewer's story? Take away Brewer's BS and you have a girl who's running from his house scared to death on the phone with 911. Don't forget Brewer claimed that he thought Shannan was really man!

from that same link:
So how was Shannon able to make it from one side of the marsh right through to within 150 feet of the Parkway?

I don't pretend to be able to wrap everything up in a neat package. But the clothing and the remains were 1/4 mile apart and they got that way somehow. My scenario has a manic SG thrashing through the marsh, having entered it around low tide, and drowning - exhausted - at high tide. There is a tidal chart for the day in question that I think provides valuable information. YMMV.

Another issue is the police have to search every square inch; there was enough light by the time SG entered the marsh to perhaps avoid some of the real sinkholes.

All scenarios are fraught with issues and counterarguments. It's a puzzle alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member