Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh *sipz tea*
Or you could provide how you convince someone who is paranoid, that they are paranoid, without suggesting to them, that they are acting paranoid.

It's so easy to offer a quip, and then dismiss questions, rather than answer them.

In the time it takes to read this post, you are expecting the GT miracle solution to be planned, and executed without flaw.

It's a physical altercation. He is obviously not in control of the situation, meaning not every option suggested here is even an option in those seconds.

It's almost like those with the greatest solutions, have never had to put them in practice.

Nope. Just expecting him to be a decent human being. Which includes not threatening to steal a young, drunk girls belongings while she is in a strange to her city, not locking her in a property when she said she wanted to leave, not choking her, not continuing to pour her drink after drink when it's obvious she is slap drunk.

Of course not. If she is physically coming at him, does he make the timeout signal with his hands, or does he restrain her? It's the reality of the situation we are all discussing.

Life is not as simple as a meme.

Nobody is saying that reasonable restraint and then allowing Warriena to leave would have been wrong. It is the choking. The locking out on the balcony. That is the unreasonable force. Leading to Warriena's subsequent terror. That is the police case.

Or you could provide how you convince someone who is paranoid, that they are paranoid, without suggesting to them, that they are acting paranoid.

It's so easy to offer a quip, and then dismiss questions, rather than answer them.

Who was acting paranoid?

Of course not. If she is physically coming at him, does he make the timeout signal with his hands, or does he restrain her? It's the reality of the situation we are all discussing.

Life is not as simple as a meme.

Can you please tell me who it is that you feel should be held responsible.

Because you sound like the muscle man Tostee was about to be killed by the little lady that just wanted her things to leave?

So please state your opinion or feelings so we can move on.

Especially since I'm confused about where you Stand on this case.

Thanks in advance.

Nope. Just expecting him to be a decent human being. Which includes not threatening to steal a young, drunk girls belongings while she is in a strange to her city, not locking her in a property when she said she wanted to leave, not choking her, not continuing to pour her drink after drink when it's obvious she is slap drunk.
The situation escalated to what it was. Analyze the lead up all you want. They were grown adults, both choosing to stay in that situation, until it turned physical.

At that point, neither had planned to be there, nor had Glasl's list at the ready to de-escalate the situation using the proper tact and tactics.

He could not have planned, nor reasonably expected her to crawl over the rail.

Every single person here, if physically attacked, would do the first thing that came to mind to stop it.

Nobody is saying that reasonable restraint and then allowing Warriena to leave would have been wrong. It is the choking. The locking out on the balcony. That is the unreasonable force. Leading to Warriena's subsequent terror. That is the police case.
So he magically catches one of her arms in one hand, and the other arm in the other, while protecting his groin from knees, and fingers from bites, all the while being aware not to leave a mark so he can be charged.

Restraint isn't some pillow party, or choreographed Bruce Lee movie where he knows exactly what move she is going to make.

Welcome to physical conflict. It's ugly. Sometimes, you end up with a headlock, or a choke, completely unplanned.

The thing is, what's the point of providing answers? I have provided answers and for each I've received a 'not good enough' response, even when giving reference of my own experience!

So... *sipz tea with Bohemian*

Who was acting paranoid?
If you read the posts, I picked a meme someone offered as proof, and asked how it applies absolutely, all the time.

In an effort to learn something new, I asked the hypothetical, but real example, of how a loved one, asks a loved one who is acting paranoid, without telling them, they are acting paranoid.

According to the meme, the concerned loved one, is simply trying to brainwash the paranoid loved one, and is acting not out of love and concern, but acting out of pure narcissism.

So he magically catches one of her arms in one hand, and the other arm in the other, while protecting his groin from knees, and fingers from bites, all the while being aware not to leave a mark so he can be charged.

Restraint isn't some pillow party, or choreographed Bruce Lee movie where he knows exactly what move she is going to make.

Welcome to physical conflict. It's ugly. Sometimes, you end up with a headlock, or a choke, completely unplanned.

Please don't patronise me and treat me as if I do not know what reasonable restraint is. It is not nice being talked down to.

1. I, too, would like to know your position. Instead of being confrontational, perhaps you could oblige by stating it clearly? We have all stated our positions, ad nauseam, for you.

2. Have you heard the entire recording?

Maybe stop and take a breathe.

Dat magic button. Never have I used it more on any site within a single thread, nor five times in a day. It does wonders for the quality of conversation.

Just sayin.

Good morning, all. May today bring justice for Warriena.

If you read the posts, I picked a meme someone offered as proof, and asked how it applies absolutely, all the time.

In an effort to learn something new, I asked the hypothetical, but real example, of how a loved one, asks a loved one who is acting paranoid, without telling them, they are acting paranoid.

According to the meme, the concerned loved one, is simply trying to brainwash the paranoid loved one, and is acting not out of love and concern, but acting out of pure narcissism.

Oh okay. Well it's completely off topic, but to teach you something new, the safest way to handle true paranoia is to call an acute mental health team or the intake line.

Dat magic button. Never have I used it more on any site within a single thread, nor five times in a day. It does wonders for the quality of conversation.

Just sayin.

Good morning, Ausgirl. :)

It is a shame that we cannot have friendly debate and discussion with all posters.

So you have no experience with this sort of situation then?

You brought up your experience as an example. I'm asking for the relevant details. It was your unsolicited example.

I corrected your presumption. I did not offer my experience unsolicited, other than to say I could not imagine a situation where recording it and telling the other person I was recording it would 'de-escalate'the situation. End of story. Done.

The thing is, what's the point of providing answers? I have provided answers and for each I've received a 'not good enough' response, even when giving reference of my own experience!

So... *sipz tea with Bohemian*

No reasonable response is ever 'good enough' for 'right-fighters' so why bother with one? *slurpz tea dregs and continues 'de-escalating neutralising isolating'*

Just sayin.

I actually enjoy the opposing viewpoints. I feel it's similar to what the jury are talking about.

Can you please tell me who it is that you feel should be held responsible.

Because you sound like the muscle man Tostee was about to be killed by the little lady that just wanted her things to leave?

So please state your opinion or feelings so we can move on.

Especially since I'm confused about where you Stand on this case.

Thanks in advance.
Why does there need to be a lynching?

Yes, a death occurred. It doesn't mean we have to apply such intense meaning to actions that 99.9% of the time lead to nothing remotely as serious.

I encourage people to analyze this to the nth degree. Learn from this everything you can.

To do so, however, you need to honestly put yourself in his place given that circumstance. Hate his sexual preferences all you want, they don't make him a murderer.

Rely on your personal experience of being attacked. If you don't have one, then how can you confidently predict this or that is what you would do?

I actually enjoy the opposing viewpoints. I feel it's similar to what the jury are talking about.

I don't have any issues with opposing viewpoints either. I don't think any of us do. Most of us like a bit of debating. :)

It is the manner in which the viewpoints are stated that sometimes is offensive. Especially when I feel that I am being talked down to.

Yes, a death occurred. It doesn't mean we have to apply such intense meaning to actions that 99.9% of the time lead to nothing remotely as serious.

I encourage people to analyze this to the nth degree. Learn from this everything you can.

To do so, however, you need to honestly put yourself in his place given that circumstance. Hate his sexual preferences all you want, they don't make him a murderer.

Rely on your personal experience of being attacked. If you don't have one, then how can you confidently predict this or that is what you would do?

She was the victim that can no longer speak for herself.

But her last words were begging him to let her leave.

So why in the heck would I want to try and sympathize with his point of view.

Especially since he had pizza afterwards and didn't call the cops?

And your opinion of the charges and outcome-to-be is ....?

Murder, manslaughter, not guilty, undecided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther