Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from the area and man, it's so scary, when people go missing from this part of the state. It seems like they never are found.

Ember Graham, Court Jones, and there's another lady too.

But I did read something interesting on the Shasta County Police call logs about a woman spotted sitting on a bridge on Old Oregon Trail. Light colored hair, black pants, gray top. I think, it was from the day of the disappearance.

I hope they're following up on both the sighting AND the person who called it in.

Hmmmm, that is very curious. The caller would have called in the correct clothing description back when we all still thought to be looking for a pink top. Makes me think this caller saw her. I would like to know what time and where this bridge is in relation to where her phone was found. Could she have been sitting on the bridge and then started her run again and was abducted?

I just saw this disappearance on GMA this am. How awful for this family. Sending prayers to all involved and pray they get some clues or better yet, find her today.

Hmmmm, that is very curious. The caller would have called in the correct clothing description back when we all still thought to be looking for a pink top. Makes me think this caller saw her. I would like to know what time and where this bridge is in relation to where her phone was found. Could she have been sitting on the bridge and then started her run again and was abducted?

The only bridge I could find nearby was 2.9 miles south of Sunrise Trail/Old Oregon Trail where Old Oregon Train goes over Moody Creek. Not unreasonable to run that far for an avid runner. If that was the bridge and that was Sherri, then she was on her way back home if the abduction occurred at Sunrise Trail/Old Oregon Trail intersection. Assuming the abductor threw the phone and earbuds out at that intersection.

The only bridge I could find nearby was 2.9 miles south of Sunrise Trail/Old Oregon Trail where Old Oregon Train goes over Moody Creek. Not unreasonable to run that far for an avid runner. If that was the bridge and that was Sherri, then she was on her way back home if the abduction occurred at Sunrise Trail/Old Oregon Trail intersection. Assuming the abductor threw the phone and earbuds out at that intersection.

I was assuming she was grabbed at that location and her phone/earbuds dropped to the ground.

I was assuming she was grabbed at that location and her phone/earbuds dropped to the ground.

Or what I meant to say was 'Assuming the abductor didn't throw the phone and earbuds out at that intersection.' Yeah, I think that intersection is where it most likely occurred.

Oh dear. If she was wearing grey instead of pink they can basically start searching from square one again. Anyone who was told "pink" will have their eyes "set" for that color so to speak and ignore any other. Well that might not be 100% the case but I think it might have made the search highly unreliable.
Lots to read still....but do we know why the mistake in what color she was wearing?

I read on one of the police logs that a searcher found women's underwear on Bear Mountain Rd. On the 4th. Hope it's not connected and sorry if someone already stated this info. Praying for her safe return.

I'm from the area and man, it's so scary, when people go missing from this part of the state. It seems like they never are found.

Ember Graham, Court Jones, and there's another lady too.

But I did read something interesting on the Shasta County Police call logs about a woman spotted sitting on a bridge on Old Oregon Trail. Light colored hair, black pants, gray top. I think, it was from the day of the disappearance.

I hope they're following up on both the sighting AND the person who called it in.

Are you thinking about this entry into the Shasta County Sheriff log?

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

It is from file 11-03-2016 1.26MB size, 4 November and click on that PDF file.

"16-40912"

"Old Oregon Tr./ State Hwy 44"

"ast. welfare check"

"WMA light hair,gry sweatshirt, blk pants sitting on top of the bridge at the overpass on the SE side."

bbm

WMA would mean White Male Adult.

And that is why I was asking the OP if THIS was the entry that perhaps they were thinking about, since it mentions The Old Oregon Trail, a bridge, grey sweatshirt, black pants, light colored hair, etc.

IMOO.

I am curious about her texting her husband if he was going to be home for lunch.

Was she going to extend her run because he would not be home for lunch, or would she have postponed her run if he did come home for lunch?

Just thoughts that I have.

IMOO.

Are you thinking about this entry into the Shasta County Sheriff log?

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

It is from file 11-03-2016 1.26MB size, 4 November and click on that PDF file.

"16-40912"

"Old Oregon Tr./ State Hwy 44"

"ast. welfare check"

"WMA light hair,gry sweatshirt, blk pants sitting on top of the bridge at the overpass on the SE side."

Mid way down #L180: http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-04-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Searcher in the search party for SP found women's underwear on Bear Mountain Road. I looked at it on google maps and seems to be only 7 - 16 minutes away.

Lots to read still....but do we know why the mistake in what color she was wearing?

AFAIK we do not know. I can only guess that she might have had a grey jacket with her which was only later determined, so the description was updated. The official description is still "pink", I believe.

OMG. Thank you. I missed that part. That makes me feel much better.

I did read that the hair found wasn't enough to cause concern? But I don't really hold much faith in that.

I am curious about her texting her husband if he was going to be home for lunch.

Was she going to extend her run because he would not be home for lunch, or would she have postponed her run if he did come home for lunch?

Just thoughts that I have.

IMOO.

Curious what everyone's thoughts are? I hope her friends join and become verified. So nice to have someone who knows the victim and can verify information. It doesn't sound like she had any risky things going on in her life. But it would be nice to hear that from someone who knows her personally.

The fact that her hair and other items have been found is downright horrifying. She's a Mom with young children. I'm betting she would not voluntarily leave them.

I definitely think someone grabbed her. I'm just scared we won't find her and the police will give up looking.

My opinion on the husband-lunch situation? She probably DID want to know, so she could make sure she was back from her jog in time to make lunch for her husband.

It's also a strange coincidence that pretty, blonde Tera Smith went missing from the same area, while on a run, back in 1998.

They always thought her older boyfriend was involved, but could there be someone in that area who is a serial offender? Eighteen years is probably a long time to wait between crimes, though? So, I'm not really thinking that the two cases can be related. Just a sad coincidence and a location that leaves no witnesses.

So who was the last person to actually verifiably see Sherri? Did she drop the kids off at daycare the day she went missing? Have scent dogs been brought in? Any problems in the marriage? Has her husband been cleared?

All unpleasant questions, but that is what LE looks at right away.

Neighbors reported seeing Sherri jog, so I'm fairly certain her husband wasn't the last person to see her. As for her kids being in daycare, I assume they'd have to have been if they weren't taken with her -- where else could they have been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief