IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to hear of an arrest when I woke up this morning.Very sad.I hope LE has a presser soon.IMO maybe they should put out more information soon.

That's what I think too. I took this picture Sunday from the North side of the bridge and even though the angel is different the platforms line up IMO
d20406416e1b858e320c031b1ed34c95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen one post that disagrees that Abby was pictured in this snapchat on the northwest side end of the bridge.

The way i see it here is that people just coming on are not going to wade through 15 threads with 1000 plus post to see what they are looking for. I have no problem see ?'s asked that have been answered 57 post back or 3 threads back. Some folks are intersted in knowing things and some don't mind sharing what lots of us do already know. I see there are lots of floks here with small amounts of post so i don't have an issue with ?'s being asked. Jmo

I'm curious if anyone thinks it might be the man captured for raping the 8 year old girl?

He did miss a court date on February 14.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/02/14/police-searching-for-ohio-man-accused-of-raping-8-year-old/

He has since been captured and has pleaded guilty by reason of insanity:

http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/34617551/bond-set-at-10m-for-accused-child-rapist

What caught my eye is the judge just set his bond at $10 million. That seems really high to me. The other odd thing is on his profile pic on his Facebook page he has a thing hanging down from his belt on the same side that some of us have speculated might have been hanging down from BG's belt. I have no idea what it is. Just weird. But it is that high bond that really gets to me. They do say they have his DNA, so if it is him, hopefully there will be a match (or not) when they get the girls' DNA back.

Do you have any idea what size man he is?

I saw discussion of another man earlier (a RSO, initials TLW) but when I checked his is 5' 7" and 250 lbs...in my humble opinion there is no way the perp on the bridge is that fat.

People are getting bogged down over what this guy WAS wearing. IT DOES NOT MATTER. He has changed his clothes and possibly shaved. The ONLY important part of the photo is his face and his overall body type. Hat/no hat, dad jeans, hoodie/no hoodie, taser, gun, hot shot - none of that is important in recognizing this man NOW. There are way too many posts about clothing. IMO

I'm curious if anyone thinks it might be the man captured for raping the 8 year old girl?

He did miss a court date on February 14.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/02/14/police-searching-for-ohio-man-accused-of-raping-8-year-old/

He has since been captured and has pleaded guilty by reason of insanity:

http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/34617551/bond-set-at-10m-for-accused-child-rapist

What caught my eye is the judge just set his bond at $10 million. That seems really high to me. The other odd thing is on his profile pic on his Facebook page he has a thing hanging down from his belt on the same side that some of us have speculated might have been hanging down from BG's belt. I have no idea what it is. Just weird. But it is that high bond that really gets to me. They do say they have his DNA, so if it is him, hopefully there will be a match (or not) when they get the girls' DNA back.

What sickens me is that these people have access to children! SMH They should never be allowed out of jail. MOO

I think some are confused with the FBI assisting the local jurisdictional police along with ISP and HLS. The FBI only comes into assist a state/local case when they are specifically asked by the local lead investigation team to do so... which remains with the local Sheriff's department in this particular case. The lead investigators on this case remains the local Sheriff's department where the murders happened. If there is an arrest the DA presiding over Libby and Abi's county will try the case. The FBI and other investigative agencies who have assisted will be called to testify for the state if they are the ones who found particular pieces of evidence. How brutal the crime is has nothing to do with them being called to assist the lead investigators in any case.

The FBI being involved in cases like this are very common and we see them in about every state/local murder case discussed here. Here this Sheriff's department is small and usually the FBI is called in because they are experts when collecting evidence at crimes scenes and the FBI may be one of the ones who will test the evidence in their labs.

The FBI is on this case because they were called by the Sheriff and he asked them to assist in the investigation. The FBI cannot come in and takeover a local/state case on their own. The only way this would have been a FBI case with them being lead is if the two girls were found murdered on federal land. Or the local DA turns the case over to them after the suspect is apprehended because the Feds have the death penalty and some states do not but in this case it does have the death penalty so it doesn't apply in this one.

IMO
I read on the FBI page, sorry no link, that they are now involved with all child abduction and murder cases. They don't need to wait to be called in anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

But, wasn't that picture taken at two pm? Look at her shadow, the sun was in the west meaning she was facing south. Or am I disoriented?

Please forgive me but I just don't see how any of this matters. BG got the girls from the bridge to the place they were found and IMO they did not cross the creek. Am I missing a reason why the direction of travel and photos indicating possible location on the bridge is relevant to finding this guy?

I agree, but just playing devil's advocate, we don't know if anybody heard gun shots or not.

Brutal usually does not describe a gunshot. It describes a multitude of them. Think about it. I suspect they were beaten too. Liberty probably put up a fight she looks like a fighter.

I don't think the clothes he has on matter at this point. Like others have stated, he's probably changed by now. That said, I think he's wearing a hat and a hoodie- and the hoodie is down, not up, My husband wears a hoodie all the time and he always has a ball cap on.

I'm hoping there will be more information released soon. How long between pressers was there before?

Also, can someone point me in the direction of this video everyone's referencing? I think I missed it.

The clothes DO matter for purposes of ID.

We are talking about the people in his past and present.

Ex-- Say for the past 5 years I have worn a particular jacket with a hoodie underneath. This is how my friends and family have seen me for 5 years. All of a sudden that jacket/hoodie ensemble shows up on a suspect in a double murder. Not only that....but the jacket and hoodie in the photo are the same colors of jacket/hoodie I have been wearing. Not only that the body type matches. Get the idea??

Potential tipsters will recognize the clothing first and the face second.

It doesn't matter that he threw the clothes away.

It matters that the people in his life witnessed him in these clothes in the past.

Brutal usually does not describe a gunshot. It describes a multitude of them. Think about it. I suspect they were beaten too. Liberty probably put up a fight she looks like a fighter.

Liberty's grandfather, who raised her, has been quoted as saying she was a fighter. That makes me even more proud of her (and I already think she and Abby are heroes) and it makes me think that she might have gotten the killer's DNA under her fingernails.

Liberty's grandfather, who raised her, has been quoted as saying she was a fighter. That makes me even more proud of her (and I already think she and Abby are heroes) and it makes me think that she might have gotten the killer's DNA under her fingernails.

Do we know who has been officially cleared by LE at this point?

I guess I just mean you can only debate something so long before you realize you're not getting anywhere.

Ex-- Say for the past 5 years I have worn a particular jacket with a hoodie underneath. This is how my friends and family have seen me for 5 years. All of a sudden that jacket/hoodie ensemble shows up on a suspect in a double murder. Not only that....but the jacket and hoodie in the photo are the same colors of jacket/hoodie I have been wearing.

Potential tipsters will recognize the clothing first and the face second.

It matters that the people in his life witnessed him in these clothes before.

Do we know who has been officially cleared by LE at this point?

No, I haven't heard an announcement. LE has indicated that they don't think the 2 homes searched are connected to the crimes and that some people have moved down their list as likely suspects, but they haven't named names.

They will recognize the clothing first......and the face second.

It matters that the people in his life witnessed him in these clothes before.

Yes but we have talked about them so much it is redundant...The police know what the clothes look like and everyone has an idea of what his clothes look like....[emoji56]

So please for the love of God let's move on to something else...

Plus the police and F.B.I would have routinely invetigated the landowner . What worries me is seeing someone on social media that looks similar and has creepy horror interests , photos
s and had an interest in one of the girl's interests. Not talking about the bridge . Then I wonder do we risk hurting people's feelings or potentially let a killer remain free by not doing anything about it.
Thats when you send in the tip and let them check him out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You forgot boxers or tighty whities. :)

True, that is unknown, perhaps we could get some of our medical field sleuthers to subject the picture to x-ray or MRI, if this has been done already forgive me. It has been suggested the boxers were starched.

No, I haven't heard an announcement. LE has indicated that they don't think the 2 homes searched are connected to the crimes and that some people have moved down their list as likely suspects, but they haven't named names.

I think they also cleared the landowner, but I could be mistaken about that.. The fact that they haven't publicly cleared more people leads me to wonder about the status of their DNA evidence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon