IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referring to the bold......not too sure about that. I sorta kinda did that earlier and my stuff was taken down. And I didn't even say go to x,y, z and look. I said way less! So, be careful.

I was referring to comments that friends and family make to reporters (MSM) in interviews, but you make a good point in that we cannot link to comments left in response to articles. (I believe we can give vague hints - "hey, check out the comments" - but no copy/paste or identifying the commenter.)

AFTM, all sleuths what are the best sites to search RSO and others convicted felons. ? I want to look at photos.

YAAASSSSS!

We have DNA confirmed.

Sorry if y'all already knew this; last I read, LE denied that they had confirmed DNA was found.

Unfortunately, they still haven't confirmed that DNA was found.

All the investigators are saying is that they've sent evidence from the murder scene to be tested for DNA. Until the test results come back they won't know whether there is any DNA on the evidence.

Aww Sparrow, im in tears, that's heartbreaking. I'll never understand how cruel people can be.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The devil is hard at work here on earth...

Some of us don't hear what he whispers in our ears at least those of us that believe in God...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From that site

There are other responsibilities such as testifying in court, training other laboratory personnel, etc. The analyst usually has to juggle multiple cases as well. There is no short-cut to speed up DNA testing. With lives and liberty at stake, the forensic DNA analyst has an obligation to produce the highest quality of work and with this commitment comes the cost of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plus the fact there were undoubtedly numerous samples of DNA taken at the site, cigarette butts, cans, etc that then have to be matched to a person, then those people have to be investigated. I always assume DNA is from RSO with the victim. And you know where assumtions land you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"DELPHI, Ind.– The FBI is putting together a suspect profile to help find the killer of two teen girls in Delphi.

Police say they’re getting closer to finding the suspect, who they believe could be a local resident.

The FBI profile currently in the works will give police a better idea of who they’re looking for. Behavioral analysts can identify certain personality, behavioral and lifestyle traits the suspect would have."

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/08/fbi-...ogether-profile-of-suspect-in-delphi-murders/

How long

But the question that was posed was how long can someone be held without charges. It doesn't matter what the statute of limitations is or whether there is a bonding possibility. Thankfully, people still cannot be thrown in jail and held without charges indefinitely, except for some "enemy combatants". This is not that kind of case. Charges for something would have to be filed to continue holding someone. If those charges weren't specifically murder or something approaching that level, he would almost certainly be granted the opportunity to post bail.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Here in Indiana it is 48 hours. But prosecutors can ask a judge to hold for an additional 72 hold so they can get the charges in order. A judge will almost always agree if it is a felony case.

If they violate a term of probation/parole they can be held until the appear in front of a judge. Then they can be held for an amount of time dependent on their court case. Usually a Violation (failure to report to Prob. Officer, fail drug test, etc) will get an automatic 15 day hold.

"DELPHI, Ind.– The FBI is putting together a suspect profile to help find the killer of two teen girls in Delphi.

Police say they’re getting closer to finding the suspect, who they believe could be a local resident.

The FBI profile currently in the works will give police a better idea of who they’re looking for. Behavioral analysts can identify certain personality, behavioral and lifestyle traits the suspect would have."

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/08/fbi-...ogether-profile-of-suspect-in-delphi-murders/

AND, the article says that they do have DNA evidence. There's so much conflicting information about this case.

Thread #24 is now open for posting. This thread will be closing shortly. As always, to help with the transition, I'll copy over the last few posts after it closes.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 9th a press conference will be held where we will hear from family members of the girls for the first time. Police will also provide an update into the investigation. That press conference is set for 10 a.m. eastern.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Interesting article on stable isotopes in forensics.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/stable-isotopes.html

Maybe his hair was at the scene. I'm still not clear on the DNA source options for these isotopes. But if they can narrow down that he was local - shoot - that's 1/3,000.
Maybe about half that. If they can tell male from female with the DNA source.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Kind of O/T but curious question. I am somewhat local (20-30 minutes away) and about an hour ago the 911 lines for where I live went down. Has anyone heard of this happening before an arrest? I know it happens for other reasons but just spitballing here.

MOO
They are down in TN also it's an outage I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads