IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has already been posted...

Video shows a lot of the roads and surrounding areas.

Exploring the Abandoned Monon Railroad ROW in Delphi Indiana

https://youtu.be/mEKbqb_szEU

All this, me too. I think he spent a lot of time in those woods and knows how to criss-cross the area, skirting public versus private land. He was likely the kid that no one wanted around because he was sneaky and devious, trespassing and stealing things from barns/sheds.

And this could be precisely why locals are not recognizing him (if true, as some posting here think).
He was there as a kid. Maybe moved on. But didn't forget the area.

Police continue their investigation:

[video=twitter;840406494109671427]https://twitter.com/DavidMacAnally/status/840406494109671427[/video]

Based on the silo and the barn with that pole thing (for lack of a better term), this property would appear to be on the north side of 300N in Delphi (northeast of the cemetery).

The yellow pole thing? That's a grain auger.

...the pole thing...will unload the harvested grain from the truck or tractor and into the grain bin (conveyor belt type)

No snark intended. Conveyors are for moving things like apples, sugar beets and potatoes. There are also bale elevators, which are for moving small square straw and hay bales. That is a grain auger. I know a man who lost both legs to one when he was a kid. I have used them all.

I have thought he might have spent summers in the area and gotten to know the area that way. Perhaps came back to stay with relatives.

No snark intended. Conveyors are for moving things like apples, sugar beets and potatoes. There are also bail elevators, which are for moving small square straw and hay bales. That is a grain auger. I know a man who lost both legs to one when he was a kid. I have used them all.

Curious, as a non farm girl, what was that land producing? And the neighbor's?

Reporters sometimes get it wrong. The one TV news video I saw (Indianapolis maybe?) said the bodies were found downstream of the bridge (WRONG), that the time for Abby and Libby to get picked up was 5:30 pm (WRONG), that the bodies were found more or less under the bridge (WRONG) and that the girls died on different days.

Sometimes in the heat and rush of the moment, they don;t get all the facts right. But at least they are covering it so that if someone saw something suspicious, they might call in a tip. So, we still need them to keep doing it, even with it's flaws.

The girls may have died in different ways. There hasn't been a COD released for either victim.

Has anyone been able to go down W 300 N on google streetview?

I was able to go down there before because I did, to double check where the girls were dropped off and the entry to the trail (opposite the house along there)

I can't now, I've tried but the little dude won't go there anymore

I may have posted this before, but the speed these threads move makes it hard for me to remember if I ever got the chance to say something I planned on saying. I guess it doesn't really matter since most things have already been said several times.

I still keep coming back to there being 2 perps. One of the main scenarios I see is the girls crossing the bridge (all the way, or just part way) to take pictures on there. BG crossed the bridge when he saw the girls on the south side while his partner stayed on the north side. That way, if the girls stayed on the south side, he could grab them, but his partner could grab him if they passed him and went back to the north side. When they saw him heading their way, they started crossing back to avoid being isolated on that side with him, and Libby recorded him for a short time before he got too close because he made her uncomfortable.

When the guy kept walking, they continued to the other side of the bridge where they found the partner waiting. When he grabbed them (or whatever he did to control them), Libby pushed the button on her phone to record. I think that the reason they haven't included more audio is that she turned it on just as he said to go down the hill and the later part might be too traumatic. While he brought them over to where they were found, BG was crossing the stream to join them. The woman who saw the man and the couple that day may have seen the person there to pick up the girls, and BG Without his jacket) and his partner (who could have been a slender man with long hair and somewhat effeminate mannerisms - real or faked). Since she said she saw the couple while she was on the bridge, it may have looked like a man and woman leaving from a distance.

One of my least likely, but not impossible, scenarios. MOO

Curious, as a non farm girl, what was that land producing? And the neighbor's?

In the pic of the auger and grain bin, it looks like corn stubble. The satellite pic recently displayed with this pic looks like soybeans. The most common crops in the Great Lakes/I-80 region are feed corn, soybeans and wheat. There are a few who grow hay, oats, potatoes, sugar beets ,rye and produce like sweet corn, cukes, cabbage, carrots etc. I hope this helped.

i think it is plausible that she tossed the phone after the video. If I was in that sort of situation and had the ability to snap a photo/video of this guy and I knew something bad was going to happen, I would probably hide/toss the phone. They are on trails, she could have dropped the phone/ concealed it or thrown it. These girls are softball players they probably had a pretty mean pitch and could toss a phone pretty far.

I don't think I would ever toss my phone in that situation. I'd feel like it was my lifeline, my last chance to reach out for help. I would have clung to it for as long as I could...:candle:

In the pic of the auger and grain bin, it looks like corn stubble. The satellite pic recently displayed with this pic looks like soybean stubble. The most common crops in the Great Lakes/I-80 region are feed corn, soybeans and wheat. There are a few who grow hay, oats, potatoes, sugar beets ,rye and produce like sweet corn, cukes, cabbage, carrots etc. I hope this helped.

Yes very much.

For anyone interested in reading about the trials and tribulations of LE while on the hunt for child murderer, this is a fascinating account of the heinous murders of the Rogers Family - a mother and her 2 teenage daughters.

It is well worth the read, for any Websleuther.

It gives the perspective from all angles - the family, and what LE had to go through with the mass amount of tips, and how LE used the media to further the case and the tips.

Angels & Demons

On June 4, 1989, the bodies of Jo, Michelle and Christe were found floating in Tampa Bay. This is the story of the murders, their aftermath, and the handful of people who kept faith amid the unthinkable.

rogersbillb-1465938584-48.gif

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

Oh my heaven...got totally wrapped up In This report (story) between learning the facts and crying, I have faith they will find this man now !

MOO MOHO IMHO MO IMO IMOO IMHHO IMHO (Did I get them all..? ;--)

A camo colored baseball - cap - worn - backwards - over - a - hoodie, facial hair, cigarette and smoke

attachment.php

-Nin

Big fan of your work, Nin, on this and other cases. However, for that to be a backwards baseball cap, IMO he would need to be wearing it far back on his head for the brim to point as straight downward as in the photo. (I had my hubby test it. If he puts his cap on backwards so the edge is 1-2" above his eyebrows, the brim would stick out farther. He has to reposition his backwards cap so that the back edge is well into he hairline in order for the brim of the cap to point nearly straight downward. In other words, to get that angle of the brim, the button of the cap wouldn't be so close to the top of his head). Just MOO

Also, I'm having a hard time with the "smoke". I can see where it looks like smoke, but given that the resolution is so poor, I don't think cigarette smoke would show as clearly as it seems to (vapor from an e-cig maybe, traditional cigarette? I just don't think so. ). Again, just MOO.

I do agree about the hoodie and facial hair.

I've not had much luck with a definite date. It was operational in 2009 but is not now lol

If I was to make an educated guess I'd say around 2012-2014. In 2014 6,000 Sprint towers were decommissioned, newer ones for the expansion of 4G service were put up.
Based on the property ownership that should be a US Cellular tower. That is the 5th largest cellular provider in the US.

I used the mod alert (red triangle, bottom left). They will fix it. For future reference the mod alert can be used by anybody to alert a moderator of a terms and conditions violation. We have been notified at the beginning of every thread to use the alert, and not argue among ourselves.

Just throwing that on the table, for everybody to see.

This may sound rather bizarre. Perhaps a professional photographer can answer this. I am curious if there was a life size cardboard cutout of the actual image from Libby's camera of BG [before LE zoomed in on it] placed in the exact location...then a person stood where Libby stood and used a telephoto lens to zoom in on the subject would it be any clearer?

Good question... but basically you are limited to the lowest resolution of both the cardboard image and the new photograph. In actuality, the lifesize cardboard cutout would have pixels instead of 100 per inch.... in the cutout it would be like 1 per inch... so not very good

We are past 1000 posts. They should be setting up the next thread and closing this one any minute now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled