IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when BG wasn't considered a suspect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that he's a suspect now. More like a person of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update Delphi Homicides: Man in Photo is Suspect

"During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photo, is suspected of having participated in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German."

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams/@@download.pdf

Thanks to each and every person who posted back to me.

Does anyone have the link to a screen capture,video or text that shows RL and neighbor(?)togeather and that gives his name?I even asked the reporter and he said many videos Including the one I requested are not available after a week. Hatfield saved the day with the link.:tyou:

I am posting from my iPhone for the second time and I think I have my thumbnail
attached.
I am not inferring anything I just don't like loose ends in my notes.:cow:

:lookingitup:

4-80073-26192-6

Former Colonel: Russell Williams tried to pin his criminal activity on a neighbour.

Police have said as clearly as they can that the property owner is "not a suspect". Police seem to believe that the girls were on the property at some point in time, or that the suspect has some connection to the property. Either way, hopefully the search results in new information.

I'm wondering if police needed the phones to have the photos, or whether the family checked their daughter's cloud uploads when looking for her and notified police of the uploads.

Hopefully the property owner is okay.

"Basically, we're just following up on some tips and interviews and leads that we've gotten," Riley said while blocking traffic on the county road east of Delphi. "We're trying to either clear him or see if he's more of a suspect than what we originally thought."

And for the record, I think he had no involvement.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authori...nt-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/amp/

It's in this video at :57. Hearing postponed at his attorney's request.

Also listen at the same time marker, the reporter says this is at least the 2nd warrant served at his property recently.

So it isn't like they just started looking at RL or that they've run out of others to look at. They have been looking at him very closely.

moo

Your post didn't include the link but IMO someone's made a mistake. In this video around 3:46 Alexis McAdams says investigators told her that this is the first search warrant served on RL's property.

https://www.facebook.com/Fox59News/videos/10155233713184575/

Given that the search warrant has been sealed I'm inclined to believe there were no prior warrants served on RL.

Emily Longnecker‏ @EmilyWTHR Mar 17
More
Investigators searched Logan's property today but search warrant is sealed
https://twitter.com/EmilyWTHR

IMO that doesn't mean that LE hasn't been looking carefully at RL, I just disagree that yesterday's search was the second warrant executed.

Police have said as clearly as they can that the property owner is "not a suspect". Police seem to believe that the girls were on the property at some point in time, or that the suspect has some connection to the property. Either way, hopefully the search results in new information.

I'm wondering if police needed the phones to have the photos, or whether the family checked their daughter's cloud uploads when looking for her and notified police of the uploads.

Hopefully the property owner is okay.

Not a suspect at "this time". I believe they said that shortly before they seized his truck and "arm loads" of stuff from his house.

Part of me agrees with this assessment, and I come back to it often. But part of me wonders why they made such a show of it when they served the warrants. I believe the press was tipped off, and Sgts. Riley and Slocum said more (and did more interviews) about this search than any other one they've done. And they even went so far as to say that RL may get moved to suspect category after all (or maybe they'll clear him, which is an odd CYA sort of statement).

If this was about checking boxes, they would've stayed more tight-lipped IMO. But they had some swagger about this search, and I think they were/are expecting to find something significant that they learned about from RL, from a tip, or from fast tracked evidence that's back. They way they handled it with the press makes me think this isn't mere box-checking.

Media did not have to be tipped off to notice that something was happening. I'm sure that all those police cars going to the property where the children were found caught everyone's attention.

If that happened on my property, I would move out of my house, have nightmares for at least a month or two and crawl into a hole in a fetal position until the media went away and I felt safe again on my property..and from the media spotlight being associated with such.

This may not be actually what would happen but in my mind it is a nightmare... I cannot fathom this if on my property...it would indeed send me to the edge.

that too.

7.13.12 and 2.13.17[

I had to look at it several times to get it. Regardless of whether it is coincidence, or correlation, it's very interesting.
Add it up.. the number means evil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Part of me agrees with this assessment, and I come back to it often. But part of me wonders why they made such a show of it when they served the warrants. I believe the press was tipped off, and Sgts. Riley and Slocum said more (and did more interviews) about this search than any other one they've done. And they even went so far as to say that RL may get moved to suspect category after all (or maybe they'll clear him, which is an odd CYA sort of statement).

If this was about checking boxes, they would've stayed more tight-lipped IMO. But they had some swagger about this search, and I think they were/are expecting to find something significant that they learned about from RL, from a tip, or from fast tracked evidence that's back. They way they handled it with the press makes me think this isn't mere box-checking.
i think at some point yesterday they said there could be there all night, but they weren't. Does that mean they found something? Just thinking out loud.

"Basically, we're just following up on some tips and interviews and leads that we've gotten," Riley said while blocking traffic on the county road east of Delphi. "We're trying to either clear him or see if he's more of a suspect than what we originally thought."

And for the record, I think he had no involvement.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authori...nt-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/amp/
I believe RL isn't BG. What I do find odd is how police made clear that people in the other house are "not suspects" while they were searching that property (Bicycle Road ) and to please leave them alone basically. .yet they are leaving it open either way for RL.
Makes me think the new information wasnt a tip but something from Dna or fibre evidence .
I feel whoever did this awful crime knew somehow that RL was going to be out that day. Have felt that since the beginning.
Relative? Someone who helped with upkeep on the property? A neighbor? Someone he had talked too earlier in the day even?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Your post didn't include the link but IMO someone's made a mistake. In this video around 3:46 Alexis McAdams says investigators told her that this is the first search warrant served on RL's property.

https://www.facebook.com/Fox59News/videos/10155233713184575/

Given that the search warrant has been sealed I'm inclined to believe there were no prior warrants served on RL.

Emily Longnecker‏ @EmilyWTHR Mar 17
More
Investigators searched Logan's property today but search warrant is sealed
https://twitter.com/EmilyWTHR

IMO that doesn't mean that LE hasn't been looking carefully at RL, I just disagree that yesterday's search was the second warrant executed.
it was interesting that the LE officer said that they had "probable cause" to search...

Not a suspect at "this time". I believe they said that shortly before they seized his truck and "arm loads" of stuff from his house.

When they were trying to find the Green River Killer in Washington in the 1980s, there were at least two occasions where the task force had a suspect in mind, very publicly searched their properties, and then ended up with lawsuits on their hands because the people were innocent and the public ended up convinced that each one was the GRK and pretty much ruined their lives. One of them was a cab driver, the other was a fur trapper, and at the time they were under investigation the task force was absolutely convinced they were guilty. They carted off loads of stuff from their houses as well, but none of it ended up being related to the murders.

True ... it's ambiguous. He may not be a suspect, but he could be a person of interest.

When they were trying to find the Green River Killer in Washington in the 1980s, there were at least two occasions where the task force had a suspect in mind, very publicly searched their properties, and then ended up with lawsuits on their hands because the people were innocent and the public ended up convinced that each one was the GRK and pretty much ruined their lives. One of them was a cab driver, the other was a fur trapper, and at the time they were under investigation the task force was absolutely convinced they were guilty. They carted off loads of stuff from their houses as well, but none of it ended up being related to the murders.
LE pretty much ruined a couple of people's lives in Australia during the hunt for the Claremont Killer. .kept one man under surveillance for years day and night basically.
These people usually have acted suspiciously to some degree to be fair..but their lives are never the same even when the real perpetrator has been caught. People still suspect they had been up to something very shady to have been investigated so thoroughly.
Poor RL at this rate (if 100% innocent of involvement) life will never be the same.
He will probably have to move from the property he has lived at for 50 years if LE do not 100% clear him of any involvement. Even if they do..there may always be people who will be looking at him sideways wondering .

I sure hope the monster who did this is caught very very soon before more innocent people get tangled up in this

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Media did not have to be tipped off to notice that something was happening. I'm sure that all those police cars going to the property where the children were found caught everyone's attention.

Right, it doesn't have to mean they were tipped off, but I've spent my career dealing with the media and doing PR, and I believe they were tipped off. My observation is that this was set up nicely for them...the police wanted the attention IMO.

How devastating for them. It is a terrifying thought to think how quickly your life would change if wrongly accused.

It makes me wonder, though, who is to blame? Who was sued in those cases? Is the media to blame? Is the prosecutor to blame for issuing a warrant? Are LE to blame for supplying allegedly false information to obtain the warrant? Or, are LE to blame for publicly calling someone a suspect and vilifying them through the media? Or, citizens on social media?

I wonder if that's why LE is being so careful with their words and not publicly labeling anyone a suspect at this time, other than the unidentified BG. I imagine it is hard enough to investigate a double homicide and then to have to answer to the media and public with carefully chosen words would just make it harder. So far, it seems they have issued numerous warrants and have said no arrests have been made as a result. They specify they have no suspects "at this time" and that RL is incarcerated on unrelated charges and has not been charged related to the double homicide "at this time." It leaves the door open for future charges pending evidence but does not vilify anyone publicly without cause. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Could this search warrant, investigating, and the items carried out by LE be for another reason?

Do we know if the doors to the house, barn, or other buildings were locked?

Could it be LE is looking for evidence or even fingerprinting to check if BG was in any of these structures? Perhaps BG was not an invited guest, but while RL was away that day, if doors were unlocked, BG may have helped himself inside.

If a monster can murder two innocent girls, what would keep him from entering an unoccupied/empty structure?

ETA: Do we know what size RL is? BG's clothes appeared big on him. Could BG have gotten into RL's house and stolen his clothes to wear before he committed the crime?

My opinions only.

How devastating for them. It is a terrifying thought to think how quickly your life would change if wrongly accused.

It makes me wonder, though, who is to blame? Who was sued in those cases? Is the media to blame? Is the prosecutor to blame for issuing a warrant? Are LE to blame for supplying allegedly false information to obtain the warrant? Or, are LE to blame for publicly calling someone a suspect and vilifying them through the media? Or, citizens on social media?

I wonder if that's why LE is being so careful with their words and not publicly labeling anyone a suspect at this time, other than the unidentified BG. I imagine it is hard enough to investigate a double homicide and then to have to answer to the media and public with carefully chosen words would just make it harder. So far, it seems they have issued numerous warrants and have said no arrests have been made as a result. They specify they have no suspects "at this time" and that RL is incarcerated on unrelated charges and has not been charged related to the double homicide "at this time." It leaves the door open for future charges pending evidence but does not vilify anyone publicly without cause. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The cab driver that was accused had a spotty criminal history, IIRC, and made statements about knowing some of the Green River victims because he had given them rides before. I don't believe his lawsuit went anywhere. The second guy who was a fur trapper, I don't know how he came to be on their radar, I believe it was something about him having traps set up in some of the areas that the bodies were found. In his case, LE was so sure that they had the right guy that they leaked it to the news media and one paper ran a headline with his name saying that the GRK had been caught. I believe he was able to successfully sue them for it.

I know what you mean, I was just thinking earlier that if my DH was dressed in the same clothes with his hands in his pockets, that HE could be BG.

Same if my husband dressed in those clothes. And we're from the west coast, he's never even been to Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname