Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Tad ever had any intention of Murder/Suicide. I think he's far too Narcissistic. (imo) I wouldn't be surprised if they discussed the possibility of capture, and he romanticized the heck out of "taking the fall" for her (Sick!). BS like " don't let anyone tell you that what we had wasn't real" ect...

Anyone remember this "teacher" : http://www.biography.com/people/mary-kay-letourneau-9542379
sbm:

"Born Mary Katherine Schmitz, in January 1962, in Orange County, California, Mary Kay Letourneau became infamous in February 1997 when it was learned that she had a sexual affair with Vili Fualaau, a 13-year-old boy in the class she taught. After serving 80 days of a seven-year sentence, Letourneau was released on parole and was promptly caught with Fualaau and sent to prison for her full term. Upon her release, the two married in 2005, having had two children as well. Journalist Barbara Walters interviewed the couple for an episode of 20/20 during their 10-year wedding anniversary."

"Letourneau was released from prison in August 2004. Shortly after her release, a judge lifted an order that barred contact between Mary Kay Letourneau and Fualaau after the 21-year-old Fualaau petitioned the court. He and Letourneau soon got engaged. In May 2005, the couple married at a winery in Woodinville, Washington. They sold their wedding video to the press. Eventually reunited with their children, Fualaau and Letourneau live in a suburb of Seattle, Washington. Fualaau has been working as a DJ in recent years, and the couple hosted a series of "Hot for Teacher" nights at a local club in 2009."

And that sorry excuse for a teacher was married and had four children at the time, she abused a 13 year old boy! The story has similarities to Tad such as:

"Letourneau took a job teaching at Shorewood Elementary School, where she became a respected member of the faculty. As a teacher, Letourneau took sixth-grade student Vili Fualaau under her wing, and encouraged his artistic talents. He spent time at her house, and she encouraged a friendship between him and her oldest child, Steve, who was only a year younger than him.".

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that there was an attempt to contact after ET is of legal age, but I hope that that she has a strong rehabilitative team, ( and I do think a support group is the way to go with this), in addition to a personal therapy plan.), or...
perhaps Tad will receive the ( forced) psychiatric attention he so desperately needs, ( but I doubt it).

Hi Safeguard, :) Agree with what you say. What a case huh. I just can't for the life of me understand some of this craziness today with adults wanting to be with kids. It's just nuts IMO.

Just a friendly reminder:

We do not get to tell other members here how or what to post. That is why we have moderators. So...rather than call another member out on forum for something they have posted, please just report the post and let the mods decide what is appropriate and within the TOS here. Telling other members what you don't like about their posts just creates an environment of animosity that is counter-productive.

(Posted as a regular old community member who is not pretending to be mod.) ;)

I think you mean "his" laziness and too much work for "him" instead of them. Why would ET need to try to panhandle to pay rent? He conjured up this mess and I'm so glad he was too lazy to properly plan ahead for the money and figure out ways to make more. It just means she was found earlier than I ever thought she would be.

Please don't shoot the messenger. It was the commune people who referred to them as a lazy couple.

But Sophia, who has lived at the commune for four years, said the couple was 'lazy'.
'If people allow it, you can make it here easy by doing very little. But everyone has to pull their weight,' she said.
'John (Cummins) didn't offer to help out, they did help with the chickens one time and did the dishes a couple of times, but they seemed lazy, they didn't want to do anything.'

EXCLUSIVE: Teacher on the run with his student, 15, spent 10 days at clothing-optional Californian commune pretending to be married John, 44, and Joanna, 24, having sex on filthy mattress - but quit because of 'Christian beliefs' before arrest

one more question...ET's sister was married at 17, JC married TC at 19...who's to say that in her mind, ET didn't think 15 was unreasonable?

not justifying TC's motive/intent in the very least...but perhaps between both families ET had a distorted view of age/maturity...by no fault of her own...thoughts?

I don't get it either. Like some magical number of years make you a mature adult. 17 years 364 days makes one incompetent to make their own decisions. The next day suddenly they are a competent adult able to make their own decisions? :facepalm:

Some have mentioned brain development as a key factor. Well, brain development takes about 25 years. So a 20 year old's brain development is at about 80%. A 15 year old's brain development is at about 60%.

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

I thought I saw an interview with the award donor and he said that in the event the award money was not claimed, it would go into a fund for Elizabeth's future, I think he said college, but not entirely sure about that part.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...00-reward-for-Amber-Alert-teen-420101983.html

COLUMBIA, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The man who offered $10,000 to bring Elizabeth Thomas home safe is speaking out.

When Tad Cummins was captured, his former co worker Chandler Anderson was awakened by hundreds of text messages. Anderson said, "That's a good way to wake up."

Anderson, who said Cummins is a narcissist, offered $10,000 to either Elizabeth Thomas or whoever would bring her home safely. Read that story here. Now, Anderson will be writing a check to Griffin Barry, who helped capture Cummins and recover missing 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas. Barry befriended Cummins before calling the TBI.

"We are thrilled to write this check," Anderson said. "We are thrilled this little girl will be home later today."

He and his business partner said they would even like to fly Barry down to Tennessee. The town would like to thank him for his efforts.

"What he did was brave," Anderson said. "Tad was armed and dangerous, and he befriended Tad to find out information and notified law enforcement."

Now, Anderson can sleep well at night knowing Elizabeth is home safe.

If for some reason Barry turns down the money, Anderson said he will give the $10,000 to Elizabeth's dad.

I haven't been posting much on WS recently, but came here to catch up after doing a double-take reading about the area where ET was found.

Some time ago, when sleuthing another missing teen, I researched the BBR commune & the area, & had some brief contact with them. The person with whom I communicated was very kind (& gracious) and informative. It's hard to reconcile the sensationalised DM video/interviews with the information I obtained (although it was a while ago)/contact I had.

What WAS very clear, is that there is a very definite probationary period, & communal decision making process. IIRC (I don't have my notes to hand), it is unusual for people to pitch up out of the blue to live there, & that many people "fail" - ie they don't understand what commune life is really like/don't realise how hard they have to work to stay/live/fit in to the community.

Also, it's VERY isolated, & I suspect the current members probably had no idea about the Amber Alert. Cummins turning up without prior planning would in itself have been a red flag, IMO, even if the residents couldn't quite put a finger on what "felt" wrong.

Also, IIRC, the Salmon river saloon (or one of them, it seems there maybe two?), were helpful too (even though I was way off base in that case!)

Slightly OT, or tangential to the main topic here, I realise.

I haven't been posting much on WS recently, but came here to catch up after doing a double-take reading about the area where ET was found.

Some time ago, when sleuthing another missing teen, I researched the BBR commune & the area, & had some brief contact with them. The person with whom I communicated was very kind (& gracious) and informative. It's hard to reconcile the sensationalised DM video/interviews with the information I obtained (although it was a while ago)/contact I had.

What WAS very clear, is that there is a very definite probationary period, & communal decision making process. IIRC (I don't have my notes to hand), it is unusual for people to pitch up out of the blue to live there, & that many people "fail" - ie they don't understand what commune life is really like/don't realise how hard they have to work to stay/live/fit in to the community.

Also, it's VERY isolated, & I suspect the current members probably had no idea about the Amber Alert. Cummins turning up without prior planning would in itself have been a red flag, IMO, even if the residents couldn't quite put a finger on what "felt" wrong.

Also, IIRC, the Salmon river saloon (or one of them, it seems there maybe two?), were helpful too (even though I was way off base in that case!)

Slightly OT, or tangential to the main topic here, I realise.

I guess things have changed because now they don't "judge" people or call the "po po"

Not a psychologist but TC seems worse than a run of the mill narcissist. Taking a young teen to a commune is just abdurd!!

Not a psychologist but TC seems worse than a run of the mill narcissist. Taking a young teen to a commune is just abdurd!!

IMO, he had no clue - or a (false) romantised idea - about life in a commune.

While generally speaking, a "hippy" commune may well be unlikely to call LE, the ones I know of (& have personal experience of) which have survived into the 21st century, do have unwritten community rules & a low tolerance/high radar for BS.

I can't speak for BBR of course. I shared my only brief contact with them above.

I agree. I think on a narcissist danger scale, Tad Cummins is extreme. I honestly think though, that Elizabeth was probably safer at the commune than being alone with Tad Cummins.

Commune folks sometimes get a bad rap. Many are harmless, free spirits, and just want to do their thing. I suspect if Elizabeth had opened up or been given an opportunity away from Tad Cummins to bond with some of the commune people, they very likely would have helped her. It sounds like Cummins was extremely controlling and limited her contact.

Tad Cummins aggressive behavior when he was kicked out of the commune and his sense of entitlement (lazy at the commune) is one of the things I had suspected are part of his character. I suspected he couldn't hack the camping and he was more a sissy type in terms of doing hard work, and yet he thinks he should be able to do whatever he wants and reap the rewards of others hard work.

I have always felt that as time goes on, we will eventually find out that JC life with Tad Cummins was horrible. I think he is capable of physical and certainly mental abuse. I am wondering about physical abuse with Elizabeth in particular, as the commune commented that Tad Cummuns and Elizabeth showered with their clothes on. Maybe Elizabeth had signs of abuse and that could be the reason? I know they said he cited their 'beliefs' but in view of what he has done, I consider much of what he says about his religion to be self-serving hogwash. JMHO.

I don't get it either. Like some magical number of years make you a mature adult.

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

The law has to make a hard and fast rule and that's what was selected by most states. Of course each person is unique and one person may be fully mature at age 23 and someone else at age 20 and someone else at age 18. The law can't flex around each unique person; it has to be exact.

If I had to guess, I'd say that he'll go for being a religious preacher in there. It'd give him the feeling of superiority and esteem that he craves.

Couldn't agree more! I also suspect at some point TC will assume the role of the pious prisoner who ministers to his fellow inmates. He'll claim to have been "born again" and therefore cleansed of his sins and will have a lot of (cherry-picked and misinterpreted) Bible quotes on hand to back up his self-serving "sermons". Basically, he's going to continue to be an insult to actual devout Christians by using religion as a shield for his criminal behavior as he has already done in the past.

To put it another way: TC will not be humble nor contrite while incarcerated (or ever).

Couldn't agree more! I suspect at some point TC will assume the role of the pious prisoner who ministers to his fellow inmates. He'll claim to have been "born again" and therefore cleansed of his sins and will have a lot of (cherry-picked and misinterpreted) Bible quotes on hand to back up his self-serving "sermons". Basically, he's going to continue to be an insult to actual devout Christians by using religion as a shield for his criminal behavior as he has already done in the past.

To put it another way: TC will not be humble nor contrite while incarcerated (or ever).

Well said! Spot on!

Many people get confused about what is a pedophile. A pedophile is someone who is attracted to pre-pubescent children. A man being attracted to a 15 or 16 year old may be a 'pervert' or "dirty old man" as defined by society, but that doesn't make him a "pedophile." It is, of course, illegal in most states to have any sexual contact with a minor, defined as a person under the age of consent (18 yrs old in most states).

Why would a man be attracted to a young female of age 15 or 16? Unfortunately this is where biology comes in. We humans only used to live to age 30 at most, and many times humans died before reaching age 30. We're talking thousands of years ago. The urge to procreate to perpetuate the human species is ingrained in our DNA and our DNA hasn't changed in the last umpteem thousands of years. What's changed is life spans and societal norms and rules. Young men and young women are, generally speaking, more fertile and that is why there is a biological attraction to young adults. In pure biological terms, an adult is someone who is able to procreate.

Now, before anyone gets their panties in a twist and writes a scathing missive, it's not an excuse or a defense; attraction has a basis in evolution and biology and hence the "why." Let me repeat, it's not an excuse or defense, please don't mistake it as such.

Sources: "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris; Helen Fisher, Anthropologist and author of many books; my college anthropology class.

[video]http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/father-abducted-tennessee-teen-speaks-46967405[/video]

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/father-abducted-tennessee-teen-speaks-46967405

Video - ABC Interview with father of ET today. Talks about sometimes she is happy and laughing and the same 'ol girl, sometimes in fetal position crying. That she lost weight, and were eating flowers, and she collected the rocks - and one specifically as a gift for her father.

i agree. I think on a narcissist danger scale, tad cummins is extreme. i honestly think though, that elizabeth was probably safer at the commune than being alone with tad cummins.

commune folks sometimes get a bad rap. Many are harmless, free spirits, and just want to do their thing. i suspect if elizabeth had opened up or been given an opportunity away from tad cummins to bond with some of the commune people, they very likely would have helped her. It sounds like cummins was extremely controlling and limited her contact.

<snipped by me>

i consider much of what he says about his religion to be self-serving hogwash. Jmho.

rsbbm:

:goodpost: ITA.

[video]http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/father-abducted-tennessee-teen-speaks-46967405[/video]

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/father-abducted-tennessee-teen-speaks-46967405

Video - ABC Interview with father of ET today. Talks about sometimes she is happy and laughing and the same 'ol girl, sometimes in fetal position crying. That she lost weight, and were eating flowers, and she collected the rocks - and one specifically as a gift for her father.

This was heartbreaking to watch. The rock collected for her father tells me that she was not yet aware that her abductor was never going to let her see her family again or even contact them in any manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny