Found Deceased IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

These are some shoes I would like to throw out there because they are good for hiking. They are water resistant as well and suppose to be good for traction. The bottom of BG's left and right shoe each look different to me. The left one looks like a white label underneath and the right one looks like a design of sorts?

:greetings:ASLTerp77, that's some cryptic name you got there! Glad you are joining the discussion! I hope you don't mind if I weigh in on your shoe idea.

I have a question. These shoes, are they for walking like BG is doing? They look like the kind of shoes you would put on at the beach and wear climbing around tidepools and such, not just general trail walking. And while I could see these if BG were simply crossing the creek, but he was crossing the bridge and would have travelled through woods undergrowth before, during and after, at least part of the time.

"The left one looks like a white label underneath..." Are you reckoning that the shoe we see on the left of the picture is the bottom of his foot? I don't know if you saw the graphic I posted of my daughter's feet in the same walking position. Mimicking BG's walk in a video we shot, that foot is definitely sole down. So I think the white band, whatever it is, is on the top of his foot/shoe. Are those bands that run across the foot reflective in anyway?

I think your idea is clever but I cannot see these as BG's shoes. His shoes look more solid to me. And also the shape of your shoes versus his in the walking postion look very different. Just my opinion of course.
Wouldn't it be great if we could undeniably identify just one darn thing about this guy? :gaah:

Here's my graphic of the shoe positions:
attachment.php

:greetings:ASLTerp77, that's some cryptic name you got there! Glad you are joining the discussion! I hope you don't mind if I weigh in on your shoe idea.

I have a question. These shoes, are they for walking like BG is doing? They look like the kind of shoes you would put on at the beach and wear climbing around tidepools and such, not just general trail walking. And while I could see these if BG were simply crossing the creek, but he was crossing the bridge and had to have come from somewhere where there was woods undergrowth to traverse through to get there.

"The left one looks like a white label underneath..." Are you reckoning that the shoe we see on the left of the picture is the bottom of his foot? I don't know if you saw the graphic I posted of my daughter's feet in the same walking position. Mimicking BG's walk in a video we shot, that foot is definitely sole down. So I think the white band, whatever it is, is on the top of his foot/shoe. Are those bands that run across the foot reflective in anyway?

I think your idea is clever but I cannot see these as BG's shoes. His shoes look more solid to me. And also the shape of your shoes versus his in the walking postion look very different. Just my opinion of course.
Wouldn't it be great if we could undeniably identify just one darn thing about this guy? :gaah:

attachment.php

I tend to agree with you. To me they look like black construction worker or hiking boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice to meet you also! I've been on Websleuths for some time but couldn't get my password to reset so I just created a new screen name. I'm an American Sign Language Interpreter, that's where my screen name comes in.

You can hike and climb in these shoes. Here is a website to read more about them: https://us.vibram.com/shop/fivefingers/men/outdoor/

I didn't see the pics of your daughter re-enacting BG's walk until just now. She did a great job! It's wonderful to have everyone on here working together to try and help solve this terrible crime. I wanted to say his shoes look solid too, but I just can't tell exactly what type of shoe it is. It is so frustrating. As a matter of fact they look like two different shoes to me.

Wouldn't it be great if we could undeniably identify just one darn thing about this guy? :gaah: <--- You are 100% correct.

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

The thumbnail picture on Page 70 post 1046 under Big City Accountant looks so much clearer than the blown up pictures. So what would you see if the thumbnail picture was put under a microscope? Would you see more details?

The thumbnail picture on Page 70 post 1046 under Big City Accountant looks so much clearer than the blown up pictures. So what would you see if the thumbnail picture was put under a microscope? Would you see more details?

I agree Blue! I denoted in my post where I got the picture from. I'm hoping maybe Nin or Websight will have a stab at it.

One other thing I noticed as I was looking at jackets. (someone on the main thread posted a "type" of jacket they thought it was) so I started searching those. I'll have to venture back there to see if I can find it. Anyway, a lot of these "type" of jackets are waterproof jackets and have areas to decrease perspiration. A sort of mesh, if you will. I see that mesh under his right arm pit.
attachment.php

Venturing back to the main thread to see if I can spot that post again.

Attachments

• 58a4eff0e31a6.image-mesh.jpg
    58a4eff0e31a6.image-mesh.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 303
Inspired by All, I thought to do a jacket experiment. I asked my husband to model 3 different jackets with a 9mm gun in the outside pocket ( in the seam since I can't see a front pocket on the BG pic). One pic will show the gun pointed to the back (like the BG pic) and the next pic will show the gun barrel pointed down into the pocket. All the pics show either the pocket flaring open because of the weight of the handle, or protusion of the pocket toward the floor, or the gun hanging out of the pocket because the pocket is too small. See pics on multiple posts. In none, does it show a nicely presented gun in a flat position laying against the jacket. Hope this helps.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• SC jacket_barrel back_outside pocket.gif
    SC jacket_barrel back_outside pocket.gif
    102.3 KB · Views: 235
  • SC jacket_barrel down_outside pocket.gif
    SC jacket_barrel down_outside pocket.gif
    108.4 KB · Views: 234
  • stirpe jacket_barrel down_outside pocket.gif
    stirpe jacket_barrel down_outside pocket.gif
    106.3 KB · Views: 234
  • stripe jacket_barrel back_outside pocket.gif
    stripe jacket_barrel back_outside pocket.gif
    105.1 KB · Views: 228
The following show more examples of a 9mm gun in the outside pocket of a jacket. The model is my husband and he is 5'9" 280 lbs. We clipped the middle of the jackets to resemble the BG pic. The first two pics show an outside pocket. But the last pic shows an inside pocket like you might see with a concealed weapon jacket. But again, nothing that resembles the BG pic. In all cases, the gravity takes over and pulls the gun down into the bottom of the pocket rather than laying out like in the BG pic. Hope this helps.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• zipper jacket_barrel back_outside pocket.gif
    zipper jacket_barrel back_outside pocket.gif
    93.4 KB · Views: 318
  • zipper jacket_barrel down_outside pocket.gif
    zipper jacket_barrel down_outside pocket.gif
    91.7 KB · Views: 309
  • zipper jacket_barrel down_INSIDE pocket.gif
    zipper jacket_barrel down_INSIDE pocket.gif
    96.3 KB · Views: 311
After looking at the other pics, I became skeptical that there was really a gun tucked in the jacket of BG. I went to Gimp and highlighted like colors in the pic, thinking that if there really was a highlight of a gun that it would pop out when I highlighted like colors. That's not what happened. In this pic, I don't see a gun.....thoughts from those of you who use Gimp....

attachment.php

Attachments

• suspect-1_v1_isolate color on jacket.jpg
    suspect-1_v1_isolate color on jacket.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 265
The following show more examples of a 9mm gun in the outside pocket of a jacket. The model is my husband and he is 5'9" 280 lbs. We clipped the middle of the jackets to resemble the BG pic. The first two pics show an outside pocket. But the last pic shows an inside pocket like you might see with a concealed weapon jacket. But again, nothing that resembles the BG pic. In all cases, the gravity takes over and pulls the gun down into the bottom of the pocket rather than laying out like in the BG pic. Hope this helps.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks to you and hubby for all your hard work![emoji8]

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

c83f4870cd59324b4a54caf14309cf96.jpg
e1020a3e80a25c30a02b18d94247cadb.png
3f5dec16ffdeff9834d7daaed7cbdc24.png

Still seeing a grim reaper/ SOA type logo on his shirt. Is it just me?[emoji33]

I have always felt the jacket BG is wearing is some type of lightweight windbreaker rather than a lined jacket or one of heavier material like the conceal carry posted earlier.

From your experiment and Webby's experiment with her daughter, I get the feeling trying to recreate the photo taken from the video is really difficult. So many factors may change the slightest aspect of the image...the sunlight, position of body, etc. Your demonstration was quite helpful. Thanks to the hubs for being a model :tyou:

JMO

Inspired by All, I thought to do a jacket experiment. I asked my husband to model 3 different jackets with a 9mm gun in the outside pocket ( in the seam since I can't see a front pocket on the BG pic). One pic will show the gun pointed to the back (like the BG pic) and the next pic will show the gun barrel pointed down into the pocket. All the pics show either the pocket flaring open because of the weight of the handle, or protusion of the pocket toward the floor, or the gun hanging out of the pocket because the pocket is too small. See pics on multiple posts. In none, does it show a nicely presented gun in a flat position laying against the jacket. Hope this helps.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

c83f4870cd59324b4a54caf14309cf96.jpg
e1020a3e80a25c30a02b18d94247cadb.png
3f5dec16ffdeff9834d7daaed7cbdc24.png

Still seeing a grim reaper/ SOA type logo on his shirt. Is it just me?[emoji33]

Jilly, where exactly on the shirt are you seeing this? I don't see it. The white thing by his neck looks 3D to me and not on the shirt itself. I always thought there was a design on the middle part of the shirt but now think some is the light hitting the edges of the jacket.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Thank your model husband for us!

Your work on all of this is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I've also been working on this...

Up thread someone posted a link to the two volunteers on the bridge. I looked at the link and it takes you to another "Update". So, I clicked on the update and the picture of the BG was there. So, I saved that picture to my computer. When I lightened that picture, to my surprise there appears to be writing on the jacket. I can't quite make it out~~"ING" or "INC" or something to that effect.

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_eb08ec52-f3dc-11e6-8361-e3975a6d7d0a.html

So, I was wondering if NIN or someone else who is better at the photos than I am, could possible look at that photo and enhance it with their software.

TIA

The short version is, there is no writing on the jacket, sorry. The long version is:

The picture from the link you posted is in JPEG format. What we are looking at is blocking structure in areas of similar color. The image is processed separately for every 8x8 block(pixels).JPEG is a "lossy" compression algorithm, that discards information in order to save space. Block edges become visible at high compression ratios.

Most other types of image file compression (for example PNG or TIF, LZW) are lossless compression, meaning that there is absolutely no loss of quality due to compression.When you therefore save your very first original or original copy of an image, save it as a PNG file or at least save the JPEG in a very high quality.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Nin- have you done anymore work to decipher what the white thing is by his neck?

I agree Blue! I denoted in my post where I got the picture from. I'm hoping maybe Nin or Websight will have a stab at it.

One other thing I noticed as I was looking at jackets. (someone on the main thread posted a "type" of jacket they thought it was) so I started searching those. I'll have to venture back there to see if I can find it. Anyway, a lot of these "type" of jackets are waterproof jackets and have areas to decrease perspiration. A sort of mesh, if you will. I see that mesh under his right arm pit.
attachment.php

Venturing back to the main thread to see if I can spot that post again.

Bumping off my own post.

Not having any luck finding the post from the WSer, but I was able to look back into my search history.

The type of jacket that was mentioned was a "gore-tex" jacket.

The short version is, there is no writing on the jacket, sorry. The long version is:

The picture from the link you posted is in JPEG format. What we are looking at is blocking structure in areas of similar color. The image is processed separately for every 8x8 block(pixels).JPEG is a "lossy" compression algorithm, that discards information in order to save space. Block edges become visible at high compression ratios.

Most other types of image file compression (for example PNG or TIF, LZW) are lossless compression, meaning that there is absolutely no loss of quality due to compression.When you therefore save your very first original or original copy of an image, save it as a PNG file or at least save the JPEG in a very high quality.

ALL IMO

-Nin

You are awesome! :loveyou:

Thanks for the very thorough explanation NIN.

One other question...

Was it the way I saved it or was it uploaded to the website that way? I guess what I'm trying to figure out, is if I go back to the website and save it as a PNG file, will I get a different result or did the MSM publisher save it that way? I hope I'm making sense.

Hey Billy Mabou--how about your thoughts on the white thing around his neck?

Jilly, where exactly on the shirt are you seeing this? I don't see it. The white thing by his neck looks 3D to me and not on the shirt itself. I always thought there was a design on the middle part of the shirt but now think some is the light hitting the edges of the jacket.

b1cce19eb909e072ab2aa6db480cd3b4.png

Bumping off my own post.

Not having any luck finding the post from the WSer, but I was able to look back into my search history.

The type of jacket that was mentioned was a "gore-tex" jacket.

Just a general observation about your "inc" picture.

Respectfully, that to me would be a very odd placement of any lettering on a jacket. They are usually placed upper chest area left side, not usually middle of the jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member