IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
His bond is set at $2000? Wth? How can that be?! Some anti-law enforcement lunatic could easily pay that for him.

That's what I want to know? Why was he in jail in February?

Apologies if this has been answered already, I'm way behind.
But - according to this link, it was for failure to appear for a civil suit.
Looking back at his various suits, the only one that is civil was the eviction mentioned on page two of the same article, so my guess is he didn't show up for the eviction hearing.

RBBM

. . . which may be the reason why he spent time at various National Parks. As I stated in one of my earlier posts, parks often have rest rooms, sinks and water fountains.

Just MVHO.

I have been doing some thinking regarding DN's behavior in Colorado. Imagine if you can that you are on the run from Indiana LE and you have brought your family to include very young children to Colorado where you have a car, but no money and no place to stay. One of your children is an infant, formula, baby food, diapers. KN had a job in Indiana so it's possible that she had squirreled away some money they had been living off of ( gas, fast food etc.) That money is running out and soon to be gone. It is the middle of September and it is getting cool at night and will be getting colder, winter is coming. This is a very high stress situation and in MOO is the reason DN began acting out and harassing hikers with his hatchet and maybe even killed poor Mr. Watkins. Imagine you are homeless with your family and running out of food and money very quickly. Now also imagine that you see bikers and hikers out enjoying life, riding expensive bicycles and wearing costly gear. MOO but you would be enraged at what seems to you to be a leisurely lifestyle when you perceive your family to be cold and starving in the woods. DN wouldn't see his circumstances as consequences for the choices he had made, and he would take out his rage at his situation on them. In February it appears as though KN had kicked DN out and he was probably homeless and maybe living at the Monon High Bridge trail with no money and little food and even though it was nice on February 13, it had been cold. Now, here come Abby and Libby enjoying a beautiful day and a little carefree girl time while you ( DN) are literally struggling for your survival. JMO, as always.

I can't understand what they were living on during these months. What were they eating? How did they buy diapers? How did they do laundry? They had to be getting some money from somewhere but how? Is it possible she was on public assistance that was direct deposited and she had a card to access it from Indiana while in Colorado?

Day labor and temporary work might have played into it, too. Summer is a good time to pick up that sort of work in construction or agriculture. I'm guessing on that, but it sounds like he has a history of getting by on that sort of work.

His bond is set at $2000? Wth? How can that be?! Some anti-law enforcement lunatic could easily pay that for him.

Where have you seen that his bail is $2,000? I have seen $10,000 in a few places (but yes, even that amount is low -- perhaps it will be raised with additional charges?)

Despite being estranged from his only living (elderly) relative, we know that at minimum DN has FB friends, at least one ex-employer, military peers, etc. How did not one of them call him in as the man in the pictures and sketch for the Delphi murders? Granted, not everyone in the country knows about the crimes but surely, there are a fair number of people in his past/present that are aware. Does he present "IRL" that much differently than what we see in the pics/sketch, I wonder?

He's only charged with a relatively minor weapons violation and a larger amount wouldn't be considered reasonable. Dangerousness can be taken into account and state law varies, but being investigated for other crimes isn't necessarily enough to justify an increase.

I am submitting the blue jacket image as a tip, now! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may be missing something here. I believe the pic was taken in the home he was evicted from. Wasn't that long before Feb 13th? Do you think he went back to the home owners and asked for his jacket?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Totally not directed to anyone in particular but just a reminder (to myself as well) that "the cyclist" has a name and is also an innocent human being that was murdered and not merely a chess piece in the hunt for Abby and Libby's killer. From an article dated 9/23 on murder victim Tim Watkins:

"Watkins became a respected bike mechanic at multiple shops across Colorado Springs, and started his own shop several years ago in Monument called Balanced Rock Bike and Ski. He is credited with helping establish many of the trails west of Palmer Lake. And he mentored and taught countless people the fundamentals of riding."His passion just revved up the interest in mountain biking," said Greenwood, a decades-long friend."

Sounds like his community lost a great guy. RIP Tim Watkins.

Link: http://gazette.com/slain-palmer-lak...innocence-mourned-at-memorial/article/1611825

Thank you. The articles I read had only referred to him as a cyclist without the name, and I thought that was part of the information being withheld by LE, so speculation rather than fact. Apparently a mistaken deduction on my part.

(What, me, mistaken? Couldn't happen :D :D :D)

I remember watching the press conference where the audio "Down the hill" was first played, and looking at all the faces of the LE personnel at the podium that day. I find myself wondering what they are all thinking now about these new developments. I especially wish we could eventually hear from ISP Supt. Douglas Carter, who spoke with almost religious fervor finding the person or persons responsible for Libby's and Abby's murders.

This explains why he was dishonorably discharged.

Daniel Nations has been a registered sex offender since 2007 after he was convicted of indecent exposure in Beaufort, South Carolina, that year, the state’s sex offender database shows. According to a WTOC-TV report from the time of his arrest, Nations, then a Marine stationed at Parris Island, exposed himself while he was in his car in a parking lot and then again in front of a woman and her child who were riding bikes.
But police said it was not his first time being arrested for that crime. He was charged with indecent exposure four times while stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina and a fifth time while in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

I may be missing something here. I believe the pic was taken in the home he was evicted from. Wasn't that long before Feb 13th? Do you think he went back to the home owners and asked for his jacket?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If I am remembering correctly the owner stated he was there until November 2016, in the story? That’s not that “long before Feb 2017” also, I’m making an assumption that they allowed him to get his belongings? JMO it’s submitted regardless. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if she did know it was him based on his background history of abuse concerning her I imagine she was too fearful to report it. IF she did know anything about this, and knew what he had done then I am sure if he is the one... the state will do a deal with her having her testify against him for the state.

The only reservations I have about completely ruling her out as knowing nothing about his crimes is so many husbands/wives do team up together to do the most gosh awful crimes imaginable even those which involve kidnappings, rapes and murder.

But for now I believe she is a victim of his too along with his children. If he is the one we will learn if there were times she wasn't with him, and still stayed rather than calling for help when she had opportunity to get herself and children away from this very dangerous man. Its odd to me that she would purchase a rifle for him knowing he wasn't suppose to have any weapons legally and she also seemed to be so frightened of him in the written statement to the court. Yet she purchases a weapon that she knew had the capability of murdering her and her children and now was most likely used to kill Mr. Watkins and perhaps others.

The only thing nagging me is the report that a man and woman was seen on the trail that day. I don't recall that couple ever coming forward to be identified. We do not know if the witness saw him alone or he was the one walking with a female sometime during the time. I hope he was alone but nothing surprises me anymore.

But yes, for now until further information comes forth that states otherwise, I think she is also a victim of his.

imo

the police did at one time say the voice audio wasn't necessarily BGs.
This implys that the possibility of more than one assailant was on the police radar.
I think it was BG's voice
And the couple seen that day were him and his wife.

Was Mr. Watkins robbed after being killed? I wonder if DN had become paranoid and thought TW may have recognized him from the billboard photo? Did TW often go in these same areas to bike ride? DN may have thought he was a federal agent snooping around undercover if he saw him often. I also wonder where his wife, and children were at the time when he killed TW? I do think he is the one who killed TM. :(

Somebody just pointed out on the Elizabeth & Lyric thread that all the murders, including the cyclist, happened on the 13th.:eek:
There's the M.O. for the SK in my theory(13th and 14th). I still haven't been able to pin down what might have happened to him to cause that date to be significant, though..

I can't understand what they were living on during these months. What were they eating? How did they buy diapers? How did they do laundry? They had to be getting some money from somewhere but how? Is it possible she was on public assistance that was direct deposited and she had a card to access it from Indiana while in Colorado?

There are homeless living under a bridge within 1 mile of where I live. From what I've observed, they may eke out a living by doing the following:

1. Go through garbage bins behind stores and restaurants for food and recyclables. People eating at restaurants don't always finish meals; nor do they take their leftovers with them. Therefore, I believe a lot of food gets thrown out. I've observed people digging through these bins at night.

2. I've seen these people toting plastic bottles, aluminum cans, cardboard and other recyclable items. We have a recycling center close to us where people can get reimbursed for bringing in recyclable items. This center is right next to a grocery store, and one can purchase things like cups of noodles, canned soup, etc., that won't cost as much as meat.

3. At any given time, I've been hit up for money by individuals. Both my husband and I have given cash to those with little ones, and I'm thinking people have willingly given to DN and his family.

4. As to laundry, they can wash out their clothing in the National Park sinks. Soap can be squeezed out of any restroom soap dispenser.

5. Diapers and clothing? Again, look through recycle bins, or go to a local Goodwill (there are several in my area), and purchase clothing. Regarding diapers, I think there are still some people using cloth diapers and washing them, instead of using the disposable ones.

The last time I walked over the bridge, I observed everything from plastic tarps to blankets, sleeping bags neatly aligned side-by-side and plastic containers. And, I've observed people who have been working and living under this same bridge for several years. In one of the other parks I've walked through, there was a pile of shoes for anyone needing them.

As to public assistance, we'll have to dig deeper and find out.

ETA: One of the local churches feeds homeless on Thursday nights.

Was Mr. Watkins robbed after being killed? I wonder if DN had become paranoid and thought TW may have recognized him from the billboard photo? Did TW often go in these same areas to bike ride? DN may have thought he was a federal agent snooping around undercover if he saw him often. I also wonder where his wife, and children were at the time when he killed TW? I do think he is the one who killed TM. :(

From the article I read, TW had nothing on him to steal. He went out that day with only his bicycle and a camel back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57