IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would have to ask "why" he would want to be cycling for 6 hours to Delphi in Feb in Indiana. We have found nothing to link him to Delphi, IMO.

There is a bridge over White River that he could very well have been living under. It's just over half a mile from the Morgan County Sheriff's office in Martinsville.

He seemed to be tied to the southwest side of Indy. Maybe someone can find out what that tie is.

I don't think he's the Delphi killer.
We can't forget they were asking the public to report if they saw someone hitchhiking or walking. They also said something about a duffle bag.

I have always wondered about that duffle bag. We know the person on the bridge wasn't carrying one based on the photographs from the cell phone. However we do know there is more video that we have not seen but the police have. Could a duffle bag be laying on the ground in the woods and Libby happened to capture it in the video?

There has to be a reason they asked the public if they have seen a duffle bag.

JMO

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

They can't win. People (generically, not just us) complain that LE isn't saying anything, and then when LE releases an honest statement about the state of the investigation, we criticize them for that.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I agree. They just returned yesterday afternoon from CO. They are only updating they are back now, and as of today they cannot exclude or include DN. Which imo, means they have not received his DNA profile results back from the lab showing it either excludes him or includes him.

They made sure they put in the press release they cant exclude him. I think they are asking for more tips hoping someone else saw him (DN) that day or who knows a lot about him and they still need to call in their tips.

I dont see anything in the press release that shows me he is not the one. Its just an update on where they are as of today. Tomorrow or next week or even longer they could be in a very different position than today. What will change everything is when they compare his DNA sample to the DNA found at the scene. They aren't there yet but they will be when they get the results back.

IMO

I agree. I wonder if DN's family can confirm that he owns clothing that BG was wearing. What are their thoughts on the pictures and voice recordings?? I really think when news broke of possible connections between DN and the Delphi case....I really thought things would move along faster. My understanding was that they have DNA evidence from the scene in Indiana.

I don't know...I don't like the waiting game...or the play on words. "Neither exclude or include"....implies that they really shouldn't be making a comment at all. We all know he either did it or he did not do it.
It's similar to RL. That was supposedly to clear him or make him more of a suspect. Seems like they want to take more care here and DN is safely in jail so they do have that luxury.

I don't think they have any ulterior motives (what ulterior motives would they have?) :confused: I think they have had the press from national to local breathing down their necks so they decided this was appropriate at this time. Once they get an affirmative exclusion or inclusion I think they will hold a PC rather than a printed press release.

I think they are waiting for his DNA profile to be done to see if it is a match with the DNA they said they found at the scene. So many state labs and even the FBI is so backlogged and far behind. The lab may not think it is necessary at this time to fast track the results since they know DN is in jail and going no where anytime soon.

It is obvious they dont have the test results back yet for if they did they would either say he is a match or excluded.

IMO

IMO, I don't think he is talking, whether on his own or on the advice of an attorney.

They can't win. People (generically, not just us) complain that LE isn't saying anything, and then when LE releases an honest statement about the state of the investigation, we criticize them for that.

SERIOUSLY! <modsnip> they can&#8217;t do anything right. Everyone wanted an update. You got one. What on earth did someone mean by &#8220;ulterior motives&#8221;??? Answers will come in time. Be thankful LE is taking their time and doing things right instead of compromising some part of the investigation to scratch the public&#8217;s itch to know all the things.

This baffles me. What do you think the point of this statement is? The ISP could have just as simply stated that they don't currently have an update on DN. That would lead us all to believe they are still investigating, waiting on lab testing, etc.

It seems there must be some reason they explicitly stated they could neither include or exclude DN as a POI. What are they trying to accomplish by releasing this lengthy statement, that in the end we really learn nothing from?
They didn't say POI, they said suspect. So it seems they are saying they can't bump him up to a suspect nor eliminate him as a POI at this time. We still learn little, you're right about that.

This baffles me. What do you think the point of this statement is? The ISP could have just as simply stated that they don't currently have an update on DN. That would lead us all to believe they are still investigating, waiting on lab testing, etc.

It seems there must be some reason they explicitly stated they could neither include or exclude DN as a POI. What are they trying to accomplish by releasing this lengthy statement, that in the end we really learn nothing from?

I'm with you, so weird.

SERIOUSLY! <modsnip> they can&#8217;t do anything right. Everyone wanted an update. You got one. What on earth did someone mean by &#8220;ulterior motives&#8221;??? Answers will come in time. Be thankful LE is taking their time and doing things right instead of compromising some part of the investigation to scratch the public&#8217;s itch to know all the things.

Of course different people are going to have emotional responses to various pieces of information or the lack thereof. Try to remain respectful and let's focus on the investigation sans criticizing one another.

What I meant by "ulterior motives" is that LE can at times do things PURPOSEFULLY when they have SOMETHING UP THEIR SLEEVE. And I was suggesting, perhaps that is what they're doing and why they felt the urgency to release something which was, in fact, releasing nothing. Not really that hard to figure out.

The statement is Murphy’s Law of Websleuths! I can respect their willingness to release such a statement and will remain hopeful that Abby & Libby have justice sooner rather than later.

I am still pretty shocked to find our (possible) BG is so young! Upon seeing those first and second initial mugs I pulled up (before the CO mug was released) I immediately felt I was looking into the face of someone I somehow KNEW and knew well. This has really thrown me. Intent as I was on culling clues, I never expected to feel THIS way. Reading DN's facebook posts (while I realize many were fashioned to win back his wife), perusing personal photos, and finding that (to me at least) there seems less outright evil here and more a deep seated mental illness ... all has left me feeling a wish-someone-had-intervened-much-earlier sadness. Still waiting to hear from LE of course, but if THIS man is BG I hope his mental health will be addressed (to what extent it can be) and where a thirst for vengeance is concerned I'm not really feeling it, at all.
I completely agree with the lack of anger I feel and more sadness and wishing that someone in his many many LE encounters had been able to address his mental health. However i did always believe BG was in his 30s and when the sketch was released it was confirmed for me although I thought mid 30s.

Speaking for myself, I make no apologies for being impatient for an answer! I'm human for pete's sake and have emotions. And at the same time that I feel impatient, I also feel very understanding that LE needs time to do its work and I have patience. I can have more than one reaction, and I get caught up in cases - like many of us do. We're involved with the details, and that makes us excited about new developments....and disappointed when the new development is a dud. I guess I commend people who have no reaction to "no news," but I have a reaction or two that I enjoy sharing with others on WS.

I remain hopeful they caught BG.....but doubts are creeping in. Sigh.

Hang tight, everyone.

jmopinion

I read that statement to basically say he's not talking to them. He's not providing an alibi nor providing a confession. They have to build a case to arrest him. He's also not required to give DNA without a warrant, so they may be working to prepare that so they can do testing.

Long time lurker here, I read this thread every day but haven't felt I had anything more to contribute but enjoy reading everyone's theories. I've spent the last couple of days trying to find a crime scene photograph and can't seem to locate it. Does anyone else recall a crime scene photo with a tree that looked as if it had been chopped/cut. If I recall correctly it was suggested it may have been done by a beaver however with the hatchet being mentioned I was interested in having another look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks have brought up clothing, mainly what BG was wearing that day.

Members went around and around with the light jacket BG is wearing, saying "oh a young person would never wear that", comments along those lines.

Would an unhinged killer care about what they're wearing, while "on the prowl"? The jacket reminds me of one mt great-uncle had many years ago, on his dairy farm in western New York. I'd call it "farm work wear". Enough to keep the wind and light precipitation away.

Now if BG=DN, wouldn't folks think that a lot of what he has to wear was given to him, or was purchased at thrift stores, or stolen?

Being impatient and disappointed is one thing. Taking it out on LE by accusing them of lying, scheming, or being incompetent doesn't seem to me to be the best way to deal with it, though.

Maybe while we're waiting some of you would like to hop over to the Unidentified forum and see if your sleuthing skills can help us bring other victims home to their families. We have thousands of cases looking for help.

I'm looking over the image thread and found this picture to be very telling. Credit for the pictures goes to NIN for her excellent work.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...erty-German-14-Delphi&p=13346085#post13346085

Looking back, it sure looks like that could be the blade of a hatchet.
attachment.php

attachment.php
Yes! I've been looking his hand holding something since day one. Pretty sure BG's pelvic area was doctored out, kinda airburshed brown color, to hide something too awful to show. And once you see a hand there, can't unsee it :(

Shortly before media alerted us to DN I had read an article about a suspect being charged in the death of his wife. Her name was Lisa Ulloa. Around 9 years ago she was murdered in her home - and we live in the same subdivision. I followed her case (not on Websleuths - I can’t remember the site) - and shortly after her death a suspect was charged with capital murder. He spent 2 years in prison before those charges were mysteriously dropped and he was released. I think had her case not been brought back to my attention, today’s press release may have a stronger emotions from me. I think Lisa’s case reminds me that people can, and have been, falsely accused, charged and convicted of crimes. There is no justice in that. Just sharing because it seems timely.

Long time lurker here, I read this thread every day but haven't felt I had anything more to contribute but enjoy reading everyone's theories. I've spent the last couple of days trying to find a crime scene photograph and can't seem to locate it. Does anyone else recall a crime scene photo with a tree that looked as if it had been chopped/cut. If I recall correctly it was suggested it may have been done by a beaver however with the hatchet being mentioned I was interested in having another look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post #408 Thread #60 has several photos here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-60&p=13402454#post13402454

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Good lord, yes! I'been looking his hand since day one. Pretty sure something around BG pelvic area was doctored out, kinda airburshed brown color, to hide something too awful to show. And once you see a hand there, can't unsee it :(

The image expert was extremely helpful in explaining all of this and on his own time at that.

His explanation will be contrary to your comment but still worth reading so members understand what happens in the transfer of a video to still image. You can find all that info on the Abby/Libby image thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahadelaide