Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess though given it's been 5+ days they aren't expecting to find her alive...unless she is shacked up somewhere on a bender or having time alone.

Ooohhh .... Boys Town, please don't buy into that report yet. I don't think we need to perpetuate it. We are not even sure if it is true, considering the wording on the flyer. :(

Ooohhh .... Boys Town, please don't buy into that report yet. I don't think we need to perpetuate it. We are not even sure if it is true, considering the wording on the flyer. :(

I didn't think I was? The thing is we're not sure if any of its true? Marriage troubles? Depression? Running that morning? Who knows?

I definitely agree it's not something that should have been put out there

I guess though given it's been 5+ days they aren't expecting to find her alive...unless she is shacked up somewhere on a bender or having time alone.

this entire investigation and circumstance has taken on the air of a Ruritanian opera.... the throwaway line from the police commander about not finding her for weeks now takes the :cupcake:

this entire investigation and circumstance has taken on the air of a Ruritanian opera.... the throwaway line from the police commander about not finding her for weeks now takes the :cupcake:

Sadly yes.

I'm another newbie who found her way here because of this case. I identify with Elisa and her life in many ways, so I'm going to have to be careful that my insights aren't actually projections.

Little details have set off my spidey senses re: the Curry's marriage and Elisa's wellbeing. Her age was initially reported incorrectly, 42 instead of 43. Her eyes are reported as brown, her photo clearly (IMO) shows them as grey or blue. No insight into what clothes she might have with her or could be wearing on a run. Little things, easily excused but if those details were given by the husband, put together they perhaps paint a picture of a man and a woman who aren't very close.

I put that alongside what we know of Elisa from her letters to editors. Lost her mum a couple of years ago, empathises with people with depression and drug addiction, takes regular medication. She's an intelligent and educated woman who had a career and is now a stay at home mum - lonely, unfulfilled? What motivates her to write so prolifically, is it a way to connect with people, to have her voice heard?

Of course none of this helps find her, but my instincts are pointing towards either the husband or Elisa herself being behind this, trying to escape a pretty charmed life that has gone sour.

I also agree with the observations of a couple of other posters - my ex was both an alcoholic and a distance runner. Drank a bunch of beers the night before his last Great Ocean Road marathon, which is 50+kms. (And another bunch afterwards!)

And I'm another who de-activates my social media when feeling fragile and needing to retreat from the world.

So frustrating not understanding sources when MSM state things as facts. ACA reported that the Facebook page was closed by Elisa in the days leading up to her disappearance, I wonder if that's speculation based on the fact that it's now deactivated or if they have confirmation it was shut down before 10pm Saturday evening. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the MSM reports are coming directly from here.

I have four or five friends who deactivate Facebook regularly and leave the messenger component active, I wonder if she did that. I can't think of any good scenario for the page to be deactivated after she went missing - I think that if you are a trusted contact of someone, you may be able to deactivate their account in case of emergency (or at least request it) and the police are certainly able to request it, but I just can't imagine doing that for privacy reasons when someone goes missing in case they try to reach out via facebook themselves or in case someone gives something away on the page...

They also made it sound like she'd actively closed down her Fitbit - do we know if that's verifiable? I only saw a comment in the media that the police now believed she hadn't been using it in the last few days before she disappeared, which to me is different to closing it down. I've only used another brand, is it possible to "shut down" a Fitbit profile like a Facebook one, or is it more likely that they are referring to her simply not using it? I used to forget my band sometimes when I went on holiday or forget to charge it so I wouldn't record the distance that time. Or perhaps she just didn't actually go for a run for a few days.

To me, it sounds much less significant if she's just suspended her Facebook and not worn her Fitbit for a few days, as opposed to deliberately going through and systematically shutting down her connections.

I didn't think I was? The thing is we're not sure if any of its true? Marriage troubles? Depression? Running that morning? Who knows?

I definitely agree it's not something that should have been put out there

I'm sorry if I was mistaken. I took your bender comment in a derogatory fashion. But you were the first advocate to reveal the horrible nature of that allegation, I think. Apologies.

Crikey!! thanks for all the anecdotes of friends and family fiercely drinking and hammering the roads in marathon pursuits.. who knew??? I will never be able to watch a marathon again without wondering........ .... My experience with marathon runners was a husband and friends who only drank filthy stuff like blackcurrant leaf tea , ginseng concoction, and would have drunk my compost drippings had I allowed it. Alcohol was poison. I , often sampling some fine wines , was considered an heretic, a raving ratbag alcoholic, a spawn of satan and on the road to hell at warp speed,

My query is still this.. was she in running mode or drinking mode on the Sunday she disappeared.... He would know... the husband, that is. had she been at the bottle during that week of the school hols?. or out pounding the sand to Lorne?...

I have a lot of questions about (a) the flyer, and (b) it's content.. that it is reported that she was an alcoholic.... that sounds vague and unverified to me...more a suggestion , than a claim. And that 5/6 days into the search , that appears to be the first time police are made aware of this aspect of Mrs Curry. How odd is that? you would think that would be crucial info from the get-go.. it would certainly have had an impact on the search, drinkers can get into bizarre places.

It seems to me that Mr Curry gave information to the police that led them to be searching in a wide area, ( wide as far as a marathon runner would go ) from the house. Out to sea, along the coast road, which makes me think he portrayed her at the start, in Running mode... now.. it seems ... the search has tightened into a close circle from the house.. Drinking mode....

As to the Bikie gang stuff... gang culture , fringe criminal groups have always been associated with the hotel and gambling industry... Mr Curry would have had to deal with people of this ilk, his furry bunny booboo shy bloke demeanor at his one appearance for a public plea for help was at odds with how he would have had to conduct his business as CEO of the Hotel and Gaming industry....

Lol ! (guffaws loudly startling dogs )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So frustrating not understanding sources when MSM state things as facts. ACA reported that the Facebook page was closed by Elisa in the days leading up to her disappearance, I wonder if that's speculation based on the fact that it's now deactivated or if they have confirmation it was shut down before 10pm Saturday evening. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the MSM reports are coming directly from here.

I have four or five friends who deactivate Facebook regularly and leave the messenger component active, I wonder if she did that. I can't think of any good scenario for the page to be deactivated after she went missing - I think that if you are a trusted contact of someone, you may be able to deactivate their account in case of emergency (or at least request it) and the police are certainly able to request it, but I just can't imagine doing that for privacy reasons when someone goes missing in case they try to reach out via facebook themselves or in case someone gives something away on the page...

They also made it sound like she'd actively closed down her Fitbit - do we know if that's verifiable? I only saw a comment in the media that the police now believed she hadn't been using it in the last few days before she disappeared, which to me is different to closing it down. I've only used another brand, is it possible to "shut down" a Fitbit profile like a Facebook one, or is it more likely that they are referring to her simply not using it? I used to forget my band sometimes when I went on holiday or forget to charge it so I wouldn't record the distance that time. Or perhaps she just didn't actually go for a run for a few days.

To me, it sounds much less significant if she's just suspended her Facebook and not worn her Fitbit for a few days, as opposed to deliberately going through and systematically shutting down her connections.

:welcome6: excellent post, and excellent comments.. stick with us, pal. .. '

I wonder what you make of only the one photograph of Elisa being used... not a full length one, nothing of her in what she is purported to be dressed in ( running clobber) . just a close up full face...... it would seem to be unlikely , to me, that anyone out passing her by wouldn't get that close....

I'm sorry if I was mistaken. I took your bender comment in a derogatory fashion. But you were the first advocate to reveal the horrible nature of that allegation, I think. Apologies.

No need to apologise and definitely not derogatory.

At this stage I'd much rather she was on a bender. It would be better than her being lost or hidden or murdered :(

Maybe Elisa was finding it hard to restrain her comments on fb. Gave her self a little time out. She comes across in her letters as quite an opinionated person, which is by no means a bad thing .

Maybe Elisa was finding it hard to restrain her comments on fb. Gave her self a little time out. She comes across in her letters as quite an opinionated person, which is by no means a bad thing .

I wondered that too. My brother is gay and I've had to message him a few times about stepping away from FB. Some of the things that have been said during the plebiscite are so horrifying :( He doesn't believe in marriage either way but surprised himself how upsetting it was to read things like that.

If Elisa had people close to her that were gay (and she's clearly passionate about her causes) maybe she was getting worked up over FB comments/posts and decided after that text to the Herald Sun she would deactivate for a while?

Not too many mothers suicide.
Not many up & leave their children.
Most are murdered.

I'm pissed to think this woman's reputation dragged through the mud.

I can't fathom that an athelete of this caliber is a depressed alcoholic. I thought alcohol dehydrates the body and brain. :thinking:

Deja vu Allison Baden-clay, her murderous husband and his filthy family dripped this kind of BShyte to make her look like a depressed, Valium popping suicidal lazy whale. Stooping so low as to plant many Valium boxes on her car's dashboard so LE might think the same.
Alison too was said to have gone for a walk, she was found at the bottom of a bridge. She didn't suicide, she was thrown!

aww.. TGY.. I'm with you . Again. ... so many similarities.... the only thing missing is the repulsive Olivia, but 'she' may turn up even yet.. this thing isn't over by a long shot. And I had forgotten about the planted Valium box.. .

Also, if your own life is going pear shaped, watching everyone else loving theirs on FB can be too much.

Also, if your own life is going pear shaped, watching everyone else loving theirs on FB can be too much.

:welcome: vanburger... that is a point I had not considered... that there is perhaps a 'pear shaped' event going on in the Curry outfit that is below the radar.. on the surface, there is the great life, the big house in SH, the holiday house in AI, the 3 nice kiddies, the executive husband, the marathon running wife, with the scatter gun approach to community opinions, the nice neighbors..... .......

and keeping up that façade would be exhausting, as well as reading everyone else's good times, ( which they may be fantasising about also ) on FB.. that s a hard life to lead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea