Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.10.17 - Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
For crying out loud! Justice Code needs to shut this down. Why is DM allowed to be focusing on items that were not part of the direct? Painful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adam Carter‏Verified account
@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"He's answered your question, Mr. Millard," Justice Code says. "You've got your answer. Move on." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Millard is still trying to get Falconer to admit data can be wrong, and Falconer keeps countering. "Move on," says Justice Code.

Lisa Hepfner‏
Falconer uses several types of software and compares everything. Validates results. #LauraBabcock

@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Code again tells Millard to move on to the next question. He keeps throwing up hypotheticals about data. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Justice Code insists on next question. "Hypothetically, if your data reflected text messages with a date that precedes the manufacturing date of the device, would you call that an error, or accurate?" #Millard

DM is not giving up what he believes is his Perry Mason moment. This is going to get interesting. Can you see the jury being sent out soon? :giggle:

Five minutes can be a longggg time!

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews [video=twitter;929011788263383040]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/929011788263383040[/video]

"Mr. Millard this is an interesting esoteric debate," but Code says it's not relevant to the case. "How much longer have you got to go?" #Millard says five minutes. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
Falconer says he would not find that an anomaly because you can back up an old phone on your new device. #LauraBabcock.

@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Millard now asking about dates from data that "precede the creation of the device." #LauraBabcock

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account
@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Re: back to that 2005 txt. #Millard seems to be saying there's no way a text from then should exist on an iPhone that wasn't out yet then.

@AdamCarterCBC
2m2 minutes ago
"Mr. Millard, this is a very interesting esoteric debate, but it doesn't strike me as relevant in any way," Justice Code says. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
"Mr. Millard this is an interesting esoteric debate," but Code says it's not relevant to the case. "How much longer have you got to go?" #Millard says five minutes. #LauraBabcock

Liam Casey‏Verified account
@liamdevlincasey
46s46 seconds ago
Millard going on about possible errors in phone data:
Judge: Mr Millard this is a very interesting esoteric debate, but is not relevant to what’s been presented in this case. Can you move on to the next question?
Millard: OK, metadata
Judge: how much longer do you have to go?

@MarkCarcGlobal
1m1 minute ago
Judge warns #Millard again that his line of questioning doesn't seem to have much relevance to his case. #LauraBabcock

@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Code again tells Millard to move on to the next question. He keeps throwing up hypotheticals about data. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Justice Code insists on next question. "Hypothetically, if your data reflected text messages with a date that precedes the manufacturing date of the device, would you call that an error, or accurate?" #Millard

DM is not giving up what he believes is his Perry Mason moment. This is going to get interesting. Can you see the jury being sent out soon? :giggle:

Yea, but probably disguised as a break.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
14s15 seconds ago
Falconer is explaining that creation dates depend on the software you're using and the file you are creating. #Millard says he's trying to understand metadata. #LauraBabcock

@MarkCarcGlobal
4s5 seconds ago
#Millard seems frustrated. When he asks about metadata Falconer often tells him that's not how it works or doesn't understand question.

We'd all like to take a course on metadata I'm sure, but.. during cross at his own murder trial? haha

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews [video=twitter;929012586653380608]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/929012586653380608[/video]

Falconer is explaining that creation dates depend on the software you're using and the file you are creating. #Millard says he's trying to understand metadata. #LauraBabcock

@AdamCarterCBC 42s43 seconds ago
Millard is now asking Falconer if he's familiar with random computer programs. Falconer keeps saying no. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 31s32 seconds ago
Millard wants Falconer to tell him how "Aftereffects" works but he's never used it. Now going through the list of image-manipulation courses he's listed on the business card we saw yesterday. #Millard #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
45s46 seconds ago
"At what point in time did you start your investigation in relation to Miss Laura Babcock?" Falconer believes July 8, 2013. #Millard is done. Dungey for #Smich next.

@AdamCarterCBC
52s53 seconds ago
Millard is now done his cross. #LauraBabcock

Finally!! I hope Judge Code thinks twice before allowing him another overnight session with his computer during the cross of a witness. :notgood:

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
14s15 seconds ago

@MarkCarcGlobal
4s5 seconds ago
#Millard seems frustrated. When he asks about metadata Falconer often tells him that's not how it works or doesn't understand question.

I'd like Falconer to just once say "I don't remember" and see what happens :/

@AdamCarterCBC 42s43 seconds ago
Millard is now asking Falconer if he's familiar with random computer programs. Falconer keeps saying no. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 31s32 seconds ago
Millard wants Falconer to tell him how "Aftereffects" works but he's never used it. Now going through the list of image-manipulation courses he's listed on the business card we saw yesterday. #Millard #LauraBabcock

Unbelievable. DM is trying to compare his 'consumer' software with this expert's 'professional' software??

@AdamCarterCBC
2m2 minutes ago
Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey is now up for his cross examination. #LauraBabcock

This should be good.

@AdamCarterCBC
3m3 minutes ago
Dungey says he's asked Falconer to pull some data from things that weren't in his initial presentation. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
"Congratulations that you retired," Dungey says. He's giving Falconer a copy of the response to a letter, and the jurors are all getting a copy too. #LauraBabcock

Ruh Roh. Did Dungey find some data errors too? And actually go through the proper procedure to bring them forward? :waitasec:

Lisa Hepfner‏
Something from #Millard iphone. Messages between #Millard and #Smich (Yes_you_may@hotmail.com). Dungey confirms that address is his client's.

@AdamCarterCBC
2m2 minutes ago Dungey says we're looking at an iPhone backup from "Dell's iphone." It's messages between Millard and yes_you_may@hotmail.com, which Dungey says is Smich. It's from March 14, 2013. #LauraBabcock

Unbelievable. DM is trying to compare his 'consumer' software with this expert's 'professional' software??

I'm sure we would all like a lesson on how the professional software works...but seems like many of us work, with some of our tax dollars going towards DM and MS living accommodations. Don't worry DM, I'm sure you'll have many years to figure it all out. (moo)

@AdamCarterCBC2m2 minutes ago
These are iMessages from Smich to Millard. "I never bought this iPad bro. You gave it to me." #LauraBabcock

@MarkCarcGlobal2m2 minutes ago
Dungey asking Falconer about an email found of #Millard's phone that wasn't in his initial report...

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews2m2 minutes ago
12am. I never bought this ipad bro, you gave it to me, from #Smich to #Millard. Falconer searched his data to pull that tidbit for the #Smich defence. #LauraBabcock

Dungey asking about the iPad. "That iPad first appeared on Mr. Millard's computer, right?" Falconer says it was first connected to Millard's computer. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews2m2 minutes ago
"That iPad first appeared on Mr. #Millard's computer, right?" Falconer agrees the iPad was first backed up on Millard's computer on July 4, 2012. Can you tell exactly when the device name was changed? No.

"Can you tell the exact date and time that the device name and display name changed?" Dungey asks. Falconer says no, also says he can't, and also can't say how many times it changed. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews1m1 minute ago
Falconer can't tell how many names the iPad has been given. Falconer believes the software uses the descriptors. He's not sure.

@MarkCarcGlobal1m1 minute ago
Falconer points out when questioned by Dungey that the iPad backup data first appears on #Millard's computer, July 4, 2012

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews1m1 minute ago
"I didn't really examine the iPad data personally." Falconer is not sure what was on the iPad before July 4th or what it was "named."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cazinthezone