Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today on “Today.” No new information. Good video of the area SP was found. There was crime scene tape at the Kingdom Hall.

https://www.today.com/video/new-clu...ini-kidnap-mystery-1-year-later-1102892611964
investigators are still trying to solve the mystery of Sherri Papini's capture and one year later an arrest has yet to be made.*

Notice the wording!
Not kidnapping
Not abduction

"capture"
https://www.today.com/video/new-clu...ini-kidnap-mystery-1-year-later-1102892611964

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

investigators are still trying to solve the mystery of Sherri Papini's capture and one year later an arrest has yet to be made.*

Notice the wording!
Not kidnapping
Not abduction

"capture"

To be accurate, the person who wrote the caption on that website is the one who used the term “capture.” No LE official used it in the video. Even so, if you look up the word “abduct” on vocabulary.com, you’ll find “capture” in the definition.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/abduct

Notice the wording!
Not kidnapping
Not abduction

"capture"

I’ve watched the video three more times looking for the quote you refererence and I can’t find it. I do hear the reporter refer to kidnapping and abduction and he says SP was released from “captivity.” The title of the story uses the word “kidnap.” Sheriff Bosenko uses the word “abduction.” Can you let me know where your quote appears? It’s certainly possible I’ve overlooked it. In any case, the words kidnapping and abduction were used in the story so I don’t see the significance of the word “capture” or “captivity.” Thanks! :)

I’ve watched the video three more times looking for the quote you refererence and I can’t find it. I do hear the reporter refer to kidnapping and abduction and he says SP was released from “captivity.” Sheriff Bosenko uses the word “abduction.” Can you let me know where your quote appears? It’s certainly possible I’ve overlooked it. In any case, the words kidnapping and abduction were used in the story so I don’t see the significance of the word “capture” or “captivity.” Thanks! :)
Exactly. To force a particular word or turn of phrase on a website, from a careless spokesperson, or even on a flyer, to mean what you want it to mean is tendentious.

I remember reading somewhere maybe back in the beginning idk my memory's not the best at the moment that SP had tried to fake her own disappearance/kidnapping back in 97 or 07 am I remembering that right.
I can only think if that's the case this must of been a case of SP running away by herself and maybe meeting another man maybe not but after seeing all the carry on that her husband and co caused it made it impossible for her to just come back and say "yeah, sorry I left but I'm back now...." iykwim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If SP's story is true, and she was abducted, tortured and released, then I sincerely hope she and her family had a nice Thanksgiving this year. It was a special day last year when she was found on Thanksgiving and this year she and her family could celebrate together in peace.

I can't believe it's been a year and where nowhere nearer finding out what truly happened.
It's mad how probably 99% of us are still saying IF her story's true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If SP's story is true, and she was abducted, tortured and released, then I sincerely hope she and her family had a nice Thanksgiving this year. It was a special day last year when she was found on Thanksgiving and this year she and her family could celebrate together in peace.

BBM

I would dearly love to be a fly on the wall...

Somehow I don't think their family gatherings have been very peaceful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’ve watched the video three more times looking for the quote you refererence and I can’t find it. I do hear the reporter refer to kidnapping and abduction and he says SP was released from “captivity.” The title of the story uses the word “kidnap.” Sheriff Bosenko uses the word “abduction.” Can you let me know where your quote appears? It’s certainly possible I’ve overlooked it. In any case, the words kidnapping and abduction were used in the story so I don’t see the significance of the word “capture” or “captivity.” Thanks! :)
It's the word the journalist used. It's in printed under the video.
It's an odd choice of wording.

IMO, someone who breaks out of jail, or is evading someone gets "captured".
Being taken, kidnapped or abducted seems to be a more appropriate term.

I found it an odd term for the article.

92bdd841257dd1b950309ad3481bcfdc.jpg

I have followed the winding road of this story and today I started to wonder if we ever heard from SP, or from SP through KP or LE anything about the first moment of the abduction. Just the very first part, such as "they pulled up in a van jumped out and grabbed me" or "they came by and looked to asking directions and grabbed me" or anything that gives us the story of the initiail abduction?

Surely she could remember that, not just that they drove for 2-1/2 hours. Anything that explains the whole phone on the ground. "I was tying my shoe and put my phone down for a second" and they grabbed me.

The drawings of the "suspects" continue to bother me. I don't know if it is the eyebrows or what. Just looking at the one with the thicker eyebrows versus the one that looks like she has eyebrows that are drawn on, I could see one being a male and the other a female (although minus the eyebrows they kind of look like one in the same).

Is she reluctant to admit there was a man involved with her "capture"? Male and female DNA was found on her and her clothing. Why does LE still not know if the "capture" was targeted or random? Is there some evidence she was stalked prior to being captured which would mean she was specifically targeted?

When I think of the treatment that Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight received at the hands of their captors, I don't think SP was treated any worse than these ladies, and they were all willing to be interviewed publically. Maybe it's different for SP because her captors are still on the loose. ? I just know I would be singing like a songbird to LE and anybody who would listen in the hopes it would lead to the arrests of the people who did this.

This case has gotten under my skin. . . like poison ivy.

I have followed the winding road of this story and today I started to wonder if we ever heard from SP, or from SP through KP or LE anything about the first moment of the abduction. Just the very first part, such as "they pulled up in a van jumped out and grabbed me" or "they came by and looked to asking directions and grabbed me" or anything that gives us the story of the initiail abduction?

Surely she could remember that, not just that they drove for 2-1/2 hours. Anything that explains the whole phone on the ground. "I was tying my shoe and put my phone down for a second" and they grabbed me.

Yes! This ^^^^!

I couldn't agree more with you Bootsctr and RussianBlue and look what happened to Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard - and Shawn Hornbeck and Michelle Knight - they spoke and it was over and they requested privacy and it was tied up and went away. Something doesn't go away if there is a mystery and glaring conflict associated with the story, which is what SP's story engenders.
Interesting that close family members have been so tight lipped???? Even the I am so glad to be back with my family interview - that is all I am going to say hasn't happened.

BBM

I would dearly love to be a fly on the wall...

Somehow I don't think their family gatherings have been very peaceful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That phrase always makes me think of a joke Hannibal Burress said in one of his standup specials. He said, "I don't know why people say they want to be a fly on the wall because flies don't even understand humans. They should just say they wish they were someone those people trusted."
LOL [emoji23]

(a little levity break...)

The drawings of the "suspects" continue to bother me. I don't know if it is the eyebrows or what. Just looking at the one with the thicker eyebrows versus the one that looks like she has eyebrows that are drawn on, I could see one being a male and the other a female (although minus the eyebrows they kind of look like one in the same).

Is she reluctant to admit there was a man involved with her "capture"? Male and female DNA was found on her and her clothing. Why does LE still not know if the "capture" was targeted or random? Is there some evidence she was stalked prior to being captured which would mean she was specifically targeted?

When I think of the treatment that Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight received at the hands of their captors, I don't think SP was treated any worse than these ladies, and they were all willing to be interviewed publically. Maybe it's different for SP because her captors are still on the loose. ? I just know I would be singing like a songbird to LE and anybody who would listen in the hopes it would lead to the arrests of the people who did this.

This case has gotten under my skin. . . like poison ivy.

Those sketches very much bother me because they don't look like real people. They look an artistic representation of a racial stereotype. I fear that's exactly what these sketches are... only the artist isn't aware of it because he merely drew what SP described to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona