Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering if one of the boys is somehow involved....an accident..... but brothers can rough play. So who knows. Did she have medication for her leg problems? Did she take too much? I think the explanation is right there in plain sight, but not yet uncovered

For me this case is simple. The parents were engaged in a custody dispute. Mom had not let dad see the child in a year. Dad had had temporary custody when mom underwent a CPS case against her.

Her kid goes missing and the first phone call isn't to the dad?: "Where is Mariah! Where have you taken her? Did you come over here and steal our daughter azzhole? You better tell me or I'm calling the police."

Nope. She didn't do that. In fact, neither did LE. The guy found out from the news, not from a phone call from his ex or a knock on his door from police.

That tells me all I need to know. She didn't contact him because she knew Mariah wasn't with him. Because she knows what happened to her. And LE knows she knows.

You are absolutely right about this case. My heart aches for Mariah's Daddy. I can't believe that nobody had the decency to knock on the man's door and tell him about his daughter. (Unless she didn't tell them who he was.)
It surprises me that she didn't blame him--that would have gotten them off of their radar for a few minutes....JMO

How do we know she didn’t contact him? Did she try calling him....at 6am he may well have been sleeping still and missed a call

Is he lying? Is he not being truthful? No real truthful, factual facts about this case seem forthcoming from anyone right now. LE included! It’s a shambles

How do we know she didn’t contact him? Did she try calling him....at 6am he may well have been sleeping still and missed a call

Is he lying? Is he not being truthful? No real truthful, factual facts about this case seem forthcoming from anyone right now. LE included! It’s a shambles

I believe the bio dad said he found out through the media.

Another theory is that whatever happened to Mariah happened before their trip - they weren't planning on going away for the weekend but then made a plan to go away to hide her body - she was placed in a suitcase so that the boys wouldn't notice and they were told that Mariah was staying with grandma or another relative - adults then enacted some sort of pretence of Mariah returning Sunday evening and being put straight to bed.

Was it an unconfirmed source in the thread that not all of them went away on this weekend?

I think y'all are getting yourselves too much in a tizzy over when she was or not reported missing. For one, that isn't important. It doesn't matter when she was reported missing, the fact that she is missing is important; second, all the available information is coming to the public through news media, the media has consistently shown themselves to be unreliable in reporting information at the start of an investigation, they all want to be the one to break news and they will take whatever bit of information they get and report it without validating the information. LE knows the specific details, that's what's important, not us knowing the down to the minute detail, that will come later.

I've seen some chatter about the family not being at the presser yesterday and speculating on why they weren't there. Again, it doesn't matter why they were not present, the presser was not about them, they already spoke to the media and spoke their peace, to put them on display again would be cruel and not necessary. I'm positive the FBI team had a hand in how that presser was conducted. The BAU people know how to conduct an interview and use the media to flush out a suspect, nothing is being said without BAU guidance. I have every confidence in the FBI and SBI and that they have this under control.

Well of course it matters! It’s part of a timeline and would be essential in pointing the investigation into different areas!

Well of course it matters! It’s part of a timeline and would be essential in pointing the investigation into different areas!

My point was that it matters to LE, not us. We're not LE, we're amateur buffs.

ETA: LE knows the legit timeline and that's what's important.

I think y'all are getting yourselves too much in a tizzy over when she was or not reported missing. For one, that isn't important. It doesn't matter when she was reported missing, the fact that she is missing is important; second, all the available information is coming to the public through news media, the media has consistently shown themselves to be unreliable in reporting information at the start of an investigation, they all want to be the one to break news and they will take whatever bit of information they get and report it without validating the information. LE knows the specific details, that's what's important, not us knowing the down to the minute detail, that will come later.

I've seen some chatter about the family not being at the presser yesterday and speculating on why they weren't there. Again, it doesn't matter why they were not present, the presser was not about them, they already spoke to the media and spoke their peace, to put them on display again would be cruel and not necessary. I'm positive the FBI team had a hand in how that presser was conducted. The BAU people know how to conduct an interview and use the media to flush out a suspect, nothing is being said without BAU guidance. I have every confidence in the FBI and SBI and that they have this under control.

It absolutely does make a difference when she was reported missing. If she wasn't reported missing as soon as they found her gone, or they called it in hours after disposing of her, then that opens up a whole new area of where Mariah might be. It would give them hours if not days to put her else where other than Onslow County.

Also, them not being present at the presser could hold a clue as to how they feel and are reacting to Mariah's disappearance. It could not, but it could. Sleuthing and passing round ideas is why we are here.

Just saw biodad and step mom on TV again. Old video. Step mom was just bawling. I feel terrible for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would be stupid to drop it in a landfill, if there is any truth to that rumor (which I doubt) then they either dumped it in a body of water, buried it or left it on the side of the road.

Why would it be stupid? Cruel yes, but stupid no. Do you realize how difficult it is to find a body once its ended up in landfill? Do you realize how hard it is to convict people of murder without a body?

I’m about 45 mins away from onslow, and I have a friend who works at a landfill here. She said that’s one off the first things they do when any child is reported missing is start turning the landfill over.

I’m about 45 mins away from onslow, and I have a friend who works at a landfill here. She said that’s one off the first things they do when any child is reported missing is start turning the landfill over.

:wagon: MoarSec!

Here in the UK landfill isn’t easy to access....gated off,controlled,waste all booked in weighed etc. Is it the same in US?

Also, has there been a reward offered? Does this happen in the US? I’m thinking of s famous case here in the UK with regards to no evidence, with reward cash as a motive

Here in the UK landfill isn’t easy to access....gated off,controlled,waste all booked in weighed etc. Is it the same in US?

Also, has there been a reward offered? Does this happen in the US? I’m thinking of s famous case here in the UK with regards to no evidence, with reward cash as a motive

They wouldn't neccessarily need easy access to the landfill, they could put her in a dumpster and that dumpster would be taken to landfill.

Usually, I think it's odd there hasn't been a cash reward this time.

This does not make sense to me. Why in the world would it not be important to know EXACTLY what time she went missing? (Goes to timeline) Where WAS everyone when she went missing? (Goes to location,, either travelling, or home).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769