Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My questions are this

- Are LE even attempting to speak to her brothers? I feel for them as they are very much innocent and children themselves and maybe not the five year old but the ten year old at least could maybe try to explain the family living situation and if he seen anything unusual they day she went missing.

- I agree with dad it is very strange and odd that no one heard anything. And the fact that her pj's were removed and next to the bed is even more strange. I doubt an intruder or kidnapper would take the time to undress the girl and risk being caught before taking her out of the home it makes no sense. I think it def had to be some one little Mariah at least trusted otherwise she would have put up a fight or screamed and cried for help.

- The fact that the mom and bf borrowed a suit case for vacation is scary to me. Did the family actually go on vacation? If they did could that be where the mom and bf disposed of Mariah rather then around their area which would be expected to throw police further off and then returned home and made up the story of the abduction?

- I think dad is being sincere. I've seen cases sadly like this one too much where the child or children are placed with the parent they are worse off with and sadly in this case it could have cost this man his poor daughter (I'm trying to remain hopeful maybe she is alive).

I'm sure the things I mentioned police know about I just hope this baby gets justice.
I don't think we have a valid source on the suitcase.

I think law enforcement has talked to her brothers. I don't think they are going to release information about those conversations if they have taken place. I can't think of a case where a minor sibling's account was publicized. I think they usually try to keep minors protected. IMO, investigators have some information from the brothers, and that's why they are asking the public who saw the family on Sunday or Monday. I think they want to corroborate the boys' stories with more witness accounts.

I hope the boys are in a safe place, with responsible, caring adults.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for keeping us posted. Bring home Mariah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know one thing all of my friends with children talk about is Mom hearing, that they can hear a pin drop when it concerns their children. Even as an adult when I lived at home or I go and stay with my mom she hears everything. I'm wondering why Mariah's mother didn't hear anything

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Bio-dad has attempted to secure emergency custody of the boys? Or where the boys are at all?
I hope if the boys are with their dad, it's not announced publicly. I'm sure the media is all over dad, and they don't need to know where the kids are. I feel so worried for them!

I think she has been “missing” long before it was reported. Very curious if LE interviewed the brothers. The mom and BF could have told the brothers Mariah was with bio Dad. They are certainly old enough to notice her absence. I wonder if what they revealed is what changed the investigation. The Odd PC, etc. LE knows. I really wish we knew from neighbors or relatives when Mariah was truly last seen. JMO

I quite honestly believe this is exactly the information that LE are seeking from the public.

I am still thinking the RSO abducted her. (Or an RSO that may have been visiting in the neighborhood.) Keep thinking of the little Lunsford girl.

OMG like Sherin Matthews.

I did have a horrible feeling about a drainage system when I saw on one of the stills from the Highway 17 search there was a drain cover right by the police tape, and then when I read that it was actually the creek they were searching....then I went from telling myself not to be stupid to wondering if there was a closer point to the mobile home where a body could be placed in water and then move through the creek system.

If it's particularly swampy, then maybe not! But then again a body moving through a creek would end up getting stuck in a swampy area with less water flow force. And the LE presser said it's a focused search, yet they're searching apparently random places, focusing on small lakes and creeks near the mobile home, so what if they're focused on the water system and it just appears random when you don't know what they're focused on and why?

I looked on G maps and the Southwest Creek seems to travel about quarter mile/half a mile south of Dawson Cabin Road and then over toward Highway 17, so again that made me wonder if the point of entry was closer to the mobile home than the highway, or if someone has traveled to the highway and stopped at the bridge and... I don't know.

I just wish this lovely little girl with that cute baby face would be found before this day is out, and it's only a couple of hours of daylight left :-(

If all of these abuse allegations were true, and validated by CPS when she was taken out of her home to live with her dad how in the world was she returned to her home in just one month's time? That makes no sense to me even for CPS.

I know CPS can be lax at times but if there was sexual abuse happening to Mariah there would be evidence of that for the doctor to see who surely examined her along with the physical abuse when she was removed from her home for a month.

And if it was happening surely CPS would make sure whoever was abusing her or enabling the abuser wouldn't be allowed to be around her.

Also if there was proof of sexual assault and physical abuse wouldn't CPS be obligated by law to contact LE so criminal charges could be filed against the perpetrator/s and all involved?

IMO
I think we've seen most recently from Sherin's case, that evidence of abuse does not necessarily mean they are removed from the home. [emoji174][emoji22]

Same here. I have so much to get done and here I am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

same here. I have not gotten much done either. As I watch I keep saying to myself: IF they hold up a tarp to keep media away from filming, I'm going to be sick. Prayers for Mariah.

The feed on Wral's facebook page seems to be a bit faster for me, less interruptions.

I think she has been “missing” long before it was reported. Very curious if LE interviewed the brothers. The mom and BF could have told the brothers Mariah was with bio Dad. They are certainly old enough to notice her absence. I wonder if what they revealed is what changed the investigation. The Odd PC, etc. LE knows. I really wish we knew from neighbors or relatives when Mariah was truly last seen. JMO

I'm not sure if I can post a "theory/opinion? I would look at the boyfriend's family.......JMO

why didn't one of those lawyers the bio dad visited at least tell him he could have filed a motion for contempt Pro Se if he didn't have funds to hire it done? With a little work perhaps at the local law library, he could have found out how this motion works and what will happen to the mom for refusing his court ordered visits?

why didn't one of those lawyers the bio dad visited at least tell him he could have filed a motion for contempt Pro Se if he didn't have funds to hire it done? With a little work perhaps at the local law library, he could have found out how this motion works and what will happen to the mom for refusing his court ordered visits?

I suspect that might have been more than he would have felt comfortable doing on his own. I suspect he has his hands full just making a living and getting the everyday chores of life done. Jmo

God bless all those searchers. My stomach is in knots watching the live feed, I cannot imagine physically being there knowing what I might find. Takes a special person to be able to do that job.

It's really not that simple. My hubs pays a small fortune in child support and his ex blocks all communication. We haven't seen his girls for two years. The courts refer to it as parental alienation. We have tried everything. Our family courts need a complete rehaul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member