Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

I was just going to grab a well-deserved orange (settled for an apple) and remembered MS asking DM to bring "the orange guy" the day before TB's murder. The consensus was that it's one of the synthetic opioids. Hurt shoulder, heroin, "orange guy", "black tar". I wonder if MS was addicted to opioids, and DM used his supply to achieve MS's compliance. Did he really leave beers at the stairs? Was MWJ also providing the heavier drugs? May be the drug addict - drug provider component was the true foundation for their "brotherhood".

Bring "the orange guy" could have meant the opposite of opiates, it could have very well meant amphetamine, in the form of Dexedrine. Dexedrine comes in orange pills. I have suspected that DM used amphetamines. Someone once said somewhere, possibly not here, but on the Facebook group or some other comment section that DM looked like a meth addict. People who become reliant or addicted to amphetamine in the legal prescription pill form can sometimes look like meth addicts. Since there has been information that DM was a problematic child and student, I wouldn't doubt for a minute that he would have been diagnosed or labelled ADHD as a child. It explains his long stints without sleeping, grandiose ideas, yes I know that also goes along with malignant narcissism and psychopathy, but also could explain that after no sleep and further Dexedrine or other amphetamines that he could have reached psychosis while performing the murders. I also noted a post on CN's instagram with a bowl of pills - most white and some blue. Her post said something about one is a placebo and one is a drug. The blue and turquoise pills in the bowl in the picture look exactly like Vyvanse, which is now the amphetamine of choice for prescribing doctors. It fits - one would not do opiates when needing to pull an all nighter and incinerate a body and clean up evidence. It also goes along with what DM wrote in a letter to CN "we don't like cocaine". No need for it frankly, if one has a legal or illegal source of amphetamines. Looking at Smich's face in front of the incinerator, he surely looks like someone on a stimulant, not an opiate. IMO

Bring "the orange guy" could have meant the opposite of opiates, it could have very well meant amphetamine, in the form of Dexedrine. Dexedrine comes in orange pills. I have suspected that DM used amphetamines. Someone once said somewhere, possibly not here, but on the Facebook group or some other comment section that DM looked like a meth addict. People who become reliant or addicted to amphetamine in the legal prescription pill form can sometimes look like meth addicts. Since there has been information that DM was a problematic child and student, I wouldn't doubt for a minute that he would have been diagnosed or labelled ADHD as a child. It explains his long stints without sleeping, grandiose ideas, yes I know that also goes along with malignant narcissism and psychopathy, but also could explain that after no sleep and further Dexedrine or other amphetamines that he could have reached psychosis while performing the murders. I also noted a post on CN's instagram with a bowl of pills - most white and some blue. Her post said something about one is a placebo and one is a drug. The blue and turquoise pills in the bowl in the picture look exactly like Vyvanse, which is now the amphetamine of choice for prescribing doctors. It fits - one would not do opiates when needing to pull an all nighter and incinerate a body and clean up evidence. It also goes along with what DM wrote in a letter to CN "we don't like cocaine". No need for it frankly, if one has a legal or illegal source of amphetamines. Looking at Smich's face in front of the incinerator, he surely looks like someone on a stimulant, not an opiate. IMO

Further to the post above, stimulant medication also fits for someone who has been overweight, and loathed being that way (his pasta self-medicating says which he blamed on his dad). Adderall, Dexedrine, Ritalin, and Vyvanse all suppress the appetite, increase heart rate and metabolism and almost always result in weight loss. As well, I am not sure what the stats are on the percentage of post secondary students who use prescription amphetamines for school, either with or without a prescription but everything I have read and heard is that these medication use is rampant on all campuses, especially medical students. Makes sense to me for both CN and DM. Their recreational drugs of choice could very well have been marijuana and prescription amphetamine. From what I have been told by my own children "the orange guys" are sold at parties and clubs, just as Xanax now is. For the murders and incineration and the all nighters documented - prescription amphetamines surely seem to be a possibility. IMO

Great info. Do amphetamines cause as strong addiction as opiates? I remember hearing years ago about somebody who was taking ephedrine (?). I believe it's from the same group. And the highs were short and intensive. The person had to get high several times a day and that got him to the finals in no time.

Do you think that access to that stuff could be effectively used by DM to control MS?

Great info. Do amphetamines cause as strong addiction as opiates? I remember hearing years ago about somebody who was taking ephedrine (?). I believe it's from the same group. And the highs were short and intensive. The person had to get high several times a day and that got him to the finals in no time.

Do you think that access to that stuff could be effectively used by DM to control MS?
I think MS's drug of choice was of the opiate variety - oxy's I think it has been written. DM very well could have been controlling MS through giving him money to obtain oxy's, or directly, with oxy's or heroin (as per the text message the night/morning of Laura Babcock's murder). I suspect both DM and CN were reliant or dabbled in abusing amphetamines. And I think MS may have requested DM bring it (little orange guy) to provide the necessary energy, stamina and wakefulness to perform what they had planned to be an all nighter on the night they killed Bosma (one of the texts from DM to CN said if the mission was successful it would be an all nighter). Yes, they are highly highly addictive, similar, the same or more addictive than opiates. Abusing them can cause extreme euphoria, sleeplessness, sexual inhibition (CN). Once one becomes reliant on them, they can become desperate to continue their supply. I suspect DM controlled MS with money, cannabis, and opiates. As I stated previously, I strongly suspect DM, and CN, dabbled in, or relied on prescription amphetamines.

Her instagram is not necessarily a true representation of what she really does.

But even then. Don't forget that her parents are from the former USSR. Perhaps that makes some difference to the way they look at her financial dependence. As a single young person, she could travel in relative comfort for 2-3-4 grand a month. People travel for much less. Upper limit - 50K for a year? A substantial, but not an exorbitant amount.

For her further plans, if she plans to pursue MD. Her best bet is to to education in Poland, pass certification in the US, and settle some place there. She won't be able to completely disappear, but will anybody be looking for her in 10 years? She might have changed her name in the Ukrainian passport by now and use that for diplomas, etc. In a few years she'll get a pardon or something. Having her hang around in Canada invites trouble - more pictures that spread quickly on the internets, etc. Is 50K too much to pay for the chance?
If she were to ever try to practice medicine here I think the media will out her. Holmoka changed her name too but it did not stop the media from finding her. CN face has been plastered all over, I don't think it will be easy to not be recognized by someone. I hope they hound her for the rest of her life.

The reality is that it's the outcomes, not intentions or circumstances, that matter the most.

That’s generally true after the fact, though intention is a critical part of law - think degrees of murder, for example. Nonetheless it’s certainly true that the law deals with people based on their actions, and that the damage they do and the victims they create aren’t mitigated by anyone’s circumstances, or the how and why of what people ultimately do.

But for those of us on the outside I think it’s a missed opportunity to not understand how ordinary most of the people that surrounded Millard were, how extraordinary a situation they were in because of Millard’s severe personality disorder, and how those things combine to create predictable results despite the sense of disgust people feel with both their actions and inactions. They are not unique - in the right circumstances they could be you, me, they could be anyone on this forum. They could be our kids, or our siblings or our friends.

Imagine trying to cast this tragedy from any given chunk of the GTA. There would be thousands of Michalskis and Hagermans who could be eased into the paths they took because the things Milkard leveraged like belonging, friendship and loyalty are such universal things.

There would be hundreds of Meneses and Schlatman’s, and dozens of Smichs and Noudgas, all who could be bent towards Millard’s dreams and schemes through very human processes and their own inherent and not uncommon flaws. It was Millard who was the rare, independently dangerous bird. Like Bernardo, we were destined to learn his name no matter who he met to fill roles dozens could have filled.

People who wonder what any of these people saw in Millard need look no farther than the nuances of how any one of them was manipulated. Find that and you’ll know what critical things he offered them and just how he met needs, sometimes needs he himself created. Over and over we’ve learned though history and the psychology lab that even when strongly present, morality and character does not protect against immoral actions in every case. The rarity of the kind of profoundly psychologically challenging circumstances discussed here means most of us will escape any consequence of being sure we’re so different from any of these people, that our friends and loved ones are so different from any of these people. But life is such that that is not guaranteed, and some of us may someday wish we had better armed ourself with knowledge to protect ourselves or those we love from drifting by degrees to somewhere we never intended to be.

That’s generally true after the fact, though intention is a critical part of law - think degrees of murder, for example. Nonetheless it’s certainly true that the law deals with people based on their actions, and that the damage they do and the victims they create aren’t mitigated by anyone’s circumstances, or the how and why of what people ultimately do.

But for those of us on the outside I think it’s a missed opportunity to not understand how ordinary most of the people that surrounded Millard were, how extraordinary a situation they were in because of Millard’s severe personality disorder, and how those things combine to create predictable results despite the sense of disgust people feel with both their actions and inactions. They are not unique - in the right circumstances they could be you, me, they could be anyone on this forum. They could be our kids, or our siblings or our friends.

Imagine trying to cast this tragedy from any given chunk of the GTA. There would be thousands of Michalskis and Hagermans who could be eased into the paths they took because the things Milkard leveraged like belonging, friendship and loyalty are such universal things.

There would be hundreds of Meneses and Schlatman’s, and dozens of Smichs and Noudgas, all who could be bent towards Millard’s dreams and schemes through very human processes and their own inherent and not uncommon flaws. It was Millard who was the rare, independently dangerous bird. Like Bernardo, we were destined to learn his name no matter who he met to fill roles dozens could have filled.
isPeople who wonder what any of these people saw in Millard need look no farther than the nuances of how any one of them was manipulated. Find that and you’ll know what critical things he offered them and just how he met needs, sometimes needs he himself created. Over and over we’ve learned though history and the psychology lab that even when strongly present, morality and character does not protect against immoral actions in every case. The rarity of the kind of profoundly psychologically challenging circumstances discussed here means most of us will escape any consequence of being sure we’re so different from any of these people, that our friends and loved ones are so different from any of these people. But life is such that that is not guaranteed, and some of us may someday wish we had better armed ourself with knowledge to protect ourselves or those we love from drifting by degrees to somewhere we never intended to be.
It is very true that anybody we know could also be in the position any of them involved with DM were.
It is also true that since choosing their victim to murder was also random simply by posting an ad about a truck. It could have been an ad to anything that DM wanted. Before this murder of Tim Bosma I don't think many people thought about the possibility of being lured by posting to sell something and end up murdered. I had heard of people getting robbed, but definitely not murdered.
That was the frightening thing to me because I did buy something from buy and sell site.
Tim Bosma s murder has caused a lot of people to be more cautious. We did not know DM had murdered Laura when we found out he murdered Tim Bosma.
If he had not found a victim on the site about the truck he would have found some other way to lure someone and murder them because it was never just about buying a truck but a thrill kill.

If she were to ever try to practice medicine here I think the media will out her. Holmoka changed her name too but it did not stop the media from finding her. CN face has been plastered all over, I don't think it will be easy to not be recognized by someone. I hope they hound her for the rest of her life.

Her name has, surely, but not so much her face.
I can only recall one clear photo of her face that I've seen, and that's of she and DM skydiving or something.
Maybe a second, but she's got her mouth wide open rolling a joint, I think.

The media may obviously have an easier time having seen her in person ... but all her comings and goings to court were enveiled.

Honestly, I don't think I'd know her if I tripped over her.
My Spidey Sense may give her a second glance, but I'd liken that more to a creeped out feeling of being near something dangerous (plus, she shares some striking facial similarities to a former best friend of mine) moreso than actually recognizing her.

People who wonder what any of these people saw in Millard need look no farther than the nuances of how any one of them was manipulated. Find that and you’ll know what critical things he offered them and just how he met needs, sometimes needs he himself created. Over and over we’ve learned though history and the psychology lab that even when strongly present, morality and character does not protect against immoral actions in every case. The rarity of the kind of profoundly psychologically challenging circumstances discussed here means most of us will escape any consequence of being sure we’re so different from any of these people, that our friends and loved ones are so different from any of these people. But life is such that that is not guaranteed, and some of us may someday wish we had better armed ourself with knowledge to protect ourselves or those we love from drifting by degrees to somewhere we never intended to be.

Replying with Quote, respectfully, because a "Thanks" just isn't enough.
I couldn't agree with you more.

All the more reason, I think, that common folk were drawn to the players (I hate calling them that) of this crime -- the crime itself (TB especially) made you feel vulnerable because it was clear as day that it could have been any one of us. I sold my car privately shortly after his murder -- a sports car with 2 seats only -- and with the actions of this event in my mind I handed the guy and his father over my keys instead of going with him. Prior to this, I am almost 100% certain either myself or my spouse would have gone on the test drive.

Moreover, and likely more subconsciously -- exactly what you have detailed: His circle could easily have been any one of us.

I could have been a Noudga.
Sexually uninhibited, spending time with a man I knew was somewhat unhinged, making poor decisions -- all the while being gainfully employed (by my university, no less) and acquiring 2 degrees.
I could have been a Babcock.
Some of the texts LB sent fiending for attention from the unrequited DM ... I remember behaving similarly when I was younger. A distorted reality that by making yourself sound appealing to others (where LB said to DM she met a guy and may be getting married, very shortly after splitting from SL), you may draw back the attention of the fella who has rendered you no longer a priority. Such a false, misguided narrative.
I was level-headed enough to know my worth, my boundaries and to know when to walk away before either situation became too precarious.

But still -- I look at this case very objectively, relating to a lot of people involved.

Your post hits the nail right on the head for me.
Thanks for sharing.

BBM

He told the version of truth that blamed DM for everything that is all he did. At least he did confess they put Tim Bosma s body in the incinerator. By telling the version of the crime scene he did it was not going to let him off of M1. He planned with DM to lure Tim Bosma to his death, he assisted DM to get the incinerator ready to dispose of Tim Bosma, so by testifying it was not going to help him. IF anything I think it made the jury dislike him more.
His version of the murder may not even be the truth he could have been the one that shot Tim Bosma.

For me they are partners in both crimes, and both deserve consecutive sentencing. As for the truth, we may never know, and it doesn't matter much at this point.

However, the TB murder has always left me with the feeling that MS was the shooter. I tend to look at what was said in texts, conversations and letters along with the known for some hint of the truth. What they said to protect their *advertiser censored**es is just more lies. But when conversing among the clan, as nebulous as their lingo is, does suggest to me that Tim's murder was planned, but not carried out as planned.

1) I don't see shooting him in the truck as planned.
2) DM indicates in his letters to CN that "treacherous" Mark was responsible for the mess. Mess being the unplanned shooting in the Truck. And it was not said in a storytelling fashion like the LB story. Treacherous because of his actions that night and his betrayal after DM was arrested. DM was planning on having the truck ready for the BAJA trip that summer. We all shake our head at why they shot him in the truck. It was a mess.
3) MS told Brandon he f*cked up.

So my theory is that DM was responsible for LB's last breadth, and MS being a partner knew the specifics.. And almost a year later, MS was the one that pulled the gun on TB as DM was driving. And for some reason, MS pulled the trigger before the plan called for him to. DM being DM, didn't freak out, but redrew the post murder plan to clean up the mess, and keep the truck.

As for the reason MS pulled the trigger, is the million dollar question. Was there a struggle? Was MS high and just misjudged the trigger pressure? Was he waving it foolishly and it went off? .... etc.

When you have a loaded gun with the safety off, there is always a chance of it going off. Especially when holding it in a moving vehicle stoned.

MOO

Replying with Quote, respectfully, because a "Thanks" just isn't enough.
I couldn't agree with you more.

All the more reason, I think, that common folk were drawn to the players (I hate calling them that) of this crime -- the crime itself (TB especially) made you feel vulnerable because it was clear as day that it could have been any one of us. I sold my car privately shortly after his murder -- a sports car with 2 seats only -- and with the actions of this event in my mind I handed the guy and his father over my keys instead of going with him. Prior to this, I am almost 100% certain either myself or my spouse would have gone on the test drive.

Moreover, and likely more subconsciously -- exactly what you have detailed: His circle could easily have been any one of us.

I could have been a Noudga.
Sexually uninhibited, spending time with a man I knew was somewhat unhinged, making poor decisions -- all the while being gainfully employed (by my university, no less) and acquiring 2 degrees.
I could have been a Babcock.
Some of the texts LB sent fiending for attention from the unrequited DM ... I remember behaving similarly when I was younger. A distorted reality that by making yourself sound appealing to others (where LB said to DM she met a guy and may be getting married, very shortly after splitting from SL), you may draw back the attention of the fella who has rendered you no longer a priority. Such a false, misguided narrative.
I was level-headed enough to know my worth, my boundaries and to know when to walk away before either situation became too precarious.

But still -- I look at this case very objectively, relating to a lot of people involved.

Your post hits the nail right on the head for me.
Thanks for sharing.

Ditto. Thank you for your post, ab-initial, and a profound respect and nod of thanks as well, to JuneBug for your excellent post.

One of the reasons I was drawn to this case, only a few brief months ago, was that I, too, was targeted by a covert narcissist psychopath. This was in my workplace. As well, I have four children I have parented alone, their father an antisocial narcissist sociopath. And yes, there is a difference of those on the narcissist sociopath/psychopath spectrum. The workplace psychopath is vastly worse in the abuse he meted out and the background he comes from. He is what is referred to as a corporate psychopath. We work at a high level of elected service. I cannot escape the abuse unless I step down from my position.

I have done tons of research and attempts at healing. I discovered that I am highly empathic, a high sensitive is what is used to be called, with a long history of personality disordered individuals targeting me. I have had to take a deep and long look at myself. The why's and how's of becoming a recurrent victim to these types. Sandra Brown, who wrote Women Who Love Psychopaths, and founded an organization called, The Institute For Safe Relationships, most definitely helped me see the light and save my own life. I am still in the midst of reporting the workplace psychopath and the sexual harassment and psychological bullying he perpetrated, and because I am still in the midst of reporting and seeking justice I cannot disclose any more at this time.

Trying to find resources, help and an understanding ear when caught in the web of a covertly manipulative, deceptive and abusive psychopath is very difficult. Most folks just simply don't understand or don't believe.

The strides we have made as a society in reducing the stigma of mental illness and addiction, and specifically, the mood disorder portion of mental illness is great. However, very little has been done in creating understanding of personality disorders, specifically the spectrum of antisocial, narcissism, sociopathy and psychopathy. This is a great disservice to individuals and society. A public service twenty red flags for what is psychopathic/narcissistic abuse/behaviour would go a long way in prevention.

I, too, could be Laura Babcock. I grieve the loss of this vibrant young women I never met. I followed the trial with a zeal I could not explain to my family and friends. I celebrated the verdict and the awareness of narcissist abuse and psychopathy that it creates, and the fact that one narcissist psychopath is actually being held accountable and has been taken off the streets.

And I am thankful, oh so very thankful, to the founders of websleuths and each and every one of you professional, intelligent, respectful and caring regular contributors here. I found a bit of a tribe for myself here, in a time that I have been working hard to heal and prevent further abuse and a very long time of isolation due to being a targeted victim of a person with the same psychological make up of DM. Thank you to all, thank you for your caring, respectful and insightful discussion. I wish you all a Happy New Year. To the friends and family of Tim Bosma and Laura Babcock I wish you a peaceful, and healing new year. I wish for you to know and feel the kindness, love and support of friends, family and the multitude of people you may never meet that are sending you mountains and waves of love, support, healing and kindness.

Canada didn't let Karla come back she is a Canadian Citizen so she is allowed to be here. But Reporters still hound her every time she leaves the house so that's a good thing

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Laura's case. Posts discussing the details of Tim's case have been moved to the appropriate thread found HERE.

I had to pick up my dog from Boarding today and as it happens I drove past the "Barn" on Roseville Rd. I've driven past many times as it's on my route to various places I frequent. Today I stopped and sat quietly for a bit. I realized that I had driven past the barn probably twice while Laura lay in that barn all rolled up in a tarp. Today the sadness of what happened to Laura really hit home.

I am so glad that these two deviants have been found guilty again. I'm going to hold out hope that Judge Code sentences them consecutively. They deserve it; both of them. They are both not worthy of living in our society.

MOO

I had to pick up my dog from Boarding today and as it happens I drove past the "Barn" on Roseville Rd. I've driven past many times as it's on my route to various places I frequent. Today I stopped and sat quietly for a bit. I realized that I had driven past the barn probably twice while Laura lay in that barn all rolled up in a tarp. Today the sadness of what happened to Laura really hit home.
Nice that I came to read only this post and silly billy's and it seems a while...so in quiet contemplation and a tear with you Tealgrove I agrea
I am so glad that these two deviants have been found guilty again. I'm going to hold out hope that Judge Code sentences them consecutively. They deserve it; both of them. They are both not worthy of living in our society.

MOO
Nice that I came to read only this post and silly billy's, it seems a while since I logged on(but not as long as it should be)but glad- only these...so in quiet contemplation and a tear:tears::heartbeat: with you Tealgrove - I agree. I have only driven by there twice in my life. so hard to believe this happened.

Off topic, but I just want to wish each one of you a Happy New Year — May it be full of only the very best kinds of things. I have missed you all very much, although I have been able to read all your insightful posts. Hope that Christmas filled your homes with joy, warmth and laughter. [emoji4][emoji898]🥂[emoji94]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People fresh out of school don't get lots of credit. And they have even more problems when they have a criminal record.

The Crown is not gifting Christina Noudga a ticket. She didn't use it so the ATtorney General gets its money back. That's how business travel works. When your business trip is cancelled, your company doesn't just say, "Hey no biggie. Use the ticket for your next vacay." They get a refund.

I don't know why people here are pretending that the lifestyle portrayed on Noudga's Instagram is accessible to a student who's not independently wealthy because it's not. Simple arithmetic will tell you that.

1. I was just trying to give examples of ways that someone could get a few thousand together to travel with friends. Credit was one possibility. Gifts were another. I never said she was the one that applied for the credit. As I stated in my message, her parents could have refinanced the home, or applied for a loan. They could have co-signed a loan with her. She could have a wealthy friend or boyfriend. Why do you think she is not capable of obtaining money somehow? She is manipulative and has made poor choices in her life, what is to stop her from spending money she doesn’t actually have. She probably owes a ton of money at this point, what’s a couple of thousand extra? Why is it so hard for people to think she can’t figure out a way to travel with friends? She could be a drug dealer or an escort or robbing banks for all we know but personally I like the KISS method and I think she is just using credit or borrowing from friends and is not thinking long term because she never has.

2. She may have been flown to Canada by the crown with the intention to have her take the stand and then they decided not to call her. Is there any proof that the crown did NOT fly her to Canada? Since we are talking about IG....she did post pictures suggesting she was in Toronto while the the trial was still going on. I doubt the crown flies their witnesses internationally on a red eye the night before they are supposed to testify. And if they change their strategy I doubt they would put the witness on the stand just because they had paid for the flight and the ticket was used.

People fresh out of school don't get lots of credit. And they have even more problems when they have a criminal record.

The Crown is not gifting Christina Noudga a ticket. She didn't use it so the ATtorney General gets its money back. That's how business travel works. When your business trip is cancelled, your company doesn't just say, "Hey no biggie. Use the ticket for your next vacay." They get a refund.

I don't know why people here are pretending that the lifestyle portrayed on Noudga's Instagram is accessible to a student who's not independently wealthy because it's not. Simple arithmetic will tell you that.

Not true. When in school, they hand out credit cards like candy. When I attended Uni, they gave me a $3000 credit card just for filling out a survey.

Also, when in school I traveled to Cuba, Scotland, Ireland, NYC, and I was broke pretty much throughout school. It really isn't hard to bunch together a couple of grand to travel. I would say she has a lavish lifestyle if she had a new car, hair and nails done every week, shopping etc. The lifestyle she portrays isn't a rich one at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618
Back