CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the real important question is... did he ever have an account at Websleuths?

I think the timing of this is interesting considering what's been happening in Sacramento.

It makes perfect how do you think statistics are gathered in the first place? I know you meant it in a sarcastic way that's why I gave to response I did. Figure it out yourself if that story about what you do isn't a complete lie..

Here's a database for police who have committed crimes as a start. I know police officers are many times more likely to be rapists than the general population. Probably because the career attracts personality types like the GSK.

https://policecrime.bgsu.edu/

https://www.thenation.com/article/police-violence-we-arent-talking-about/

I just hope he actually stopped and didn’t just start raping and abusing his wife and children.

I think he stopped because the cop job was the perfect cover and excuse to be out of the house at night... when that was done, he was done.

In California in the 1970s, it was not uncommon for police to undergo a polygraph as part of their pre-employment investigation. Expecting that the man had to go through an investigation for hiring into a sworn position, how did he pass the polygraph? It would suggest, to me, a lack of conscience or someone who doesn't associate themselves with their own criminal behaviors.

Maybe someone with better training and experience could discuss a condition where people can do the things he is accused of doing, and not react when investigated and questioned on a polygraph?

Michelle McNamara was right! This is how it ends for him. I'm so happy because this case has haunted me my entire adult life.

In California in the 1970s, it was not uncommon for police to undergo a polygraph as part of their pre-employment investigation. Expecting that the man had to go through an investigation for hiring into a sworn position, how did he pass the polygraph? It would suggest, to me, a lack of conscience or someone who doesn't associate themselves with their own criminal behaviors.

Maybe someone with better training and experience could discuss a condition where people can do the things he is accused of doing, and not react when investigated and questioned on a polygraph?

Polygraphs are junk science, they're as easily fooled as a palm reader. Stick a thumb tack under your bum and lean on it every time you give a truthful answer, then the baseline will be the same as for a lie.

And that's if you're psychologically normal, not pregnant, and not on drugs. If you fall into any of those three groups, polygraphs are per se useless without any tricks needed on your part.

This is crazy [FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/case_file/status/989298710449303552 [/FONT]

:eek: Oh. My. Gosh! He leads his department's St. Patrick's Day parade, than calls to taunt another LED later that same day, then "commits an attack" that night!

So who was the surfer dude in the composite sketches? This guy didn't have longish blond hair by the looks of it.

So now the real important question is... did he ever have an account at Websleuths?

Yeah, I've been wondering that too. Just like the BTK killer, Dennis Rader did. He was a member of a BTK sleuthing community when he was committing his own crimes. I heard he was actively engaged in online discussions about his own murders and gave insights about the murderer (himself). :facepalm:

Michelle McNamara was right! This is how it ends for him. I'm so happy because this case has haunted me my entire adult life.

When I reread her letter to an old man today, I got chills and goosebumps. She was right on about so much. What a smart and tenacious lady! SO glad this monster is finally behind bars.

:eek: Oh. My. Gosh! He leads his department's St. Patrick's Day parade, than calls to taunt another LED later that same day, then "commits an attack" that night!

It's chilling it's it? How someone can lead a double life like this! BTK was a town compliance officer and a deacon in his church and a family man. It's horrifying real to think this man lived as a husband and father, police officer and was doing this.

When I started the thread on this case nearly 13 years ago, I doubted they would ever find him. I am so glad I was wrong! This was a shocking conclusion to a case I have followed for so many years. I was going to say something on the original thread, but I found it closed. It was fitting. I am glad to see this thread and I hope his capture gives some relief to the living victims and the families of the deceased.

I feel such relief after a few years (which feels like eternity) and a case is solved. You've been around since 2005!! I hope this arrest brings you some relief. : )

My Big Question: They did not have ANY idea about this suspect until 6 days ago, and I'm wondering: Do ALL law Enforcement collect DNA samples of their Force, and if not, why not?

Also, despite the officer saying that nothing in Michele's book led them to THIS man, it's clear that her book and ALL THE OTHER PUBLICITY, including possibly Websleuths, amped up the interest, the public curiosity and exposure and maybe even led to whatever it was that enabled them to zoom in on this man 6 days ago, before they took DNA from the discarded DNA piece.

I'm thinking it was the brilliant forensic drawing (sorry, forgot artist name, my apologies...someone fill in here---OK, found it: it was one of the Maggiore composites, and still not sure who drew it). I think LE looked at that photo and ran some kind of reverse photo ID program against their own former employees in the entire six-county area for those period of time he was active, then Bingo.

Why do you think it was some type of complicated reverse image photo search rather than just believing what was said, that it was a DNA match from DeAngelo to DNA evidence they had on file from a crime?

Police departments now do take DNA from their officers. They have to order to exclude them from DNA found during investigations.

But in the 70's, during the burglaries, were there people speculating the profile was a cop and ex-military type? I thought that profile came out later, during the rapes and murders.

I wouldn't think that the burglary unit was thinking of the suspect in that way, in the late 70's. I don't think they were looking at a cop for the burglaries at that time. JMO I could be wrong...

It's not that I think they should have thought he was a cop. But when they see someone arrested for stealing what he did, and being a cop who got fired for his shoplifting he was surely talked about a bit amongst other cops, did they not think "oh hey hang on, this seems familiar?" or even "hammer and dog repellent is an ~interesting combo of things to steal, lets find out more"?

And also, as things changed during the 80s, NONE of them remembered the cop fired for stealing dog repellent and a hammer and put his name down on a list somewhere of potential POIs/suspects? Presumably a lot of the cops in the 70s remained cops throughout the 80s and even 90s as investigation techniques developed into what is more familiar to us now.

Which bought me to Mr Cruel in Melbourne , Australia... I live in Sydney but Melbourne is a long familiar playground of mine, and Mr Cruel's locations were tracked, in the end along the flight path in to Melbourne.. where lots of people connected to airlines and Tullamarine and Essendon airports live, for ease of commuting to work.....

One victim told detectives she heard planes landing, leading police to believe the house was on one of the flight paths to Melbourne Airport.[11] Police checked houses in Keilor East, Niddrie, Airport West, Keilor Park and Essendon North.

It is a long bow to draw, but it is another signal ...... DNA would clinch it.

They shot down the Australian connection at the press conference already.

Okay, and so where did he get all the different vehicles?

When I reread her letter to an old man today, I got chills and goosebumps. She was right on about so much. What a smart and tenacious lady! SO glad this monster is finally behind bars.

Yes, she believed with all her heart he would be caught alive. I hope he has read her letter or will read it. There's also a part of me who wants to believe maybe just maybe she was still working on this case on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member