GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB is asking questions unrelated to this particular case. It's like he's still trying to qualify BK as an expert. I know he's making a point about the truck headlight forensics or the payphone video, but this is annoying and boring. It's not great post-lunch testimony. I wonder if the jury is trying to keep its collective eyes open as hard as I am right now.
But this guy isn't an expert on headlight spread patterns ... sooooo

Blarg - is this just an attempt to debunk the glorious headlight testimony?

If the suit's made of mohair - he was nowhere near there!
But if the suit's made of cotton - that guy is rotten.

But too many pixels!!!!

The defense rests.

JB is asking questions unrelated to this particular case. It's like he's still trying to qualify BK as an expert. I know he's making a point about the truck headlight forensics or the payphone video, but this is annoying and boring. It's not great post-lunch testimony. I wonder if the jury is trying to keep its collective eyes open as hard as I am right now.

I'm surprised pros. hasn't objected due to relevance. This must be part of the "baffle them with BS" strategy.

I am not sure if Tammy's jury believed him.
RSBM: Multiple jurors from her trial did news interviews and said they believed him. One of the jurors said he was former military, and he recognized the look on DD's face, as well as his demeanor, as someone who had seen something truly awful. (paraphrasing)

I am not sure if Tammy's jury believed him. They may have just dismissed his testimony out of hand. I will say this, I was/am sure of both of their guilt, but I did have a hard time with his, "I lied to my mom" testimony" in TM's trial. It didn't ring true to me for some reason, but it didn't sway my opinion in TM's trial. I also dismissed his testimony. It just didn't have an effect on my thinking. It was all of the other evidence strung together that made me certain of the guilt. While it is circumstantial, there is a lot of evidence that points one way.
Can someone find the story from last week where the juror talked about the testimony from DD in Tammy's trial?

I am finally caught up with this mornings testimony. Thanks all for the transcription and comments. It really help one to get caught up.

This current witness all I hear is Blah Blah blah! I have totally tuned him out.

To be honest, I really didn't think they would call DD this time. It's not because he has the baggage of criminal conduct. I kind of think the jail house story of telling his mom it wasn't true that he saw the pic of HE. Then the explanation of why he lied to his mom seems a little flimsy. I just think since they introduced the new truck scrubbing video, maybe they should have skipped his testimony this time. Will the jury find him credible and would it weigh negatively for the state if they don't quite buy his testimony?
Actually, I'm glad that DD testified. Jury needed to hear the testimony and they also needed to know that he had nothing to gain by testifying. If a murder trial ever occurs I hope he will be available to testify again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Hart