AZ - Jerry, 62, & Susan McFalls, 62, homicide, Littlefield, 11 Jan 2018 *reward*

Thanks, Seajay. :)

It's hard to believe there's no justice for this sweet couple yet.

Eta : Mind. Blown.
Everything I thought about this case has turned on its' head.
Agreed that laugh was creepy. :eek:
They should be willing to take a lie detector test just to clear their names.
And why did they not answer the questions from D.B.?

The visit by Jerry Jr. that ended with him returning to Meridee... how did the visit go ?
Badly ?

Being cut out of a will ... had that been completed or was it still ongoing ?

Had the neighbor's actually shot at Jerry Sr. with a pellet gun, or did we only hear that from the son and DIL ?

What about the grandson's statement about the heirlooms not being given out at Jerry Sr. and Susan wanted ?
And who fed the dogs and why was there a silver suv there at the house after the couple vanished ?
So many questions.

I don't blame D.B. for wanting answers. It sounds like he was invested in finding justice !

Money can be a huuuge motive.
I want answers for this couple even if they lead to uncomfortable truths.
Js.

Last edited:
Thanks, Seajay. :)

It's hard to believe there's no justice for this sweet couple yet.

Eta : Mind. Blown.
Everything I thought about this case has turned on its' head.
Agreed that laugh was creepy. :eek:
They should be willing to take a lie detector test just to clear their names.
And why did they not answer the questions from D.B.?

The visit by Jerry Jr. that ended with him returning to Meridee... how did the visit go ?
Badly ?

Being cut out of a will ... had that been completed or was it still ongoing ?

Had the neighbor's actually shot at Jerry Sr. with a pellet gun, or did we only hear that from the son and DIL ?

What about the grandson's statement about the heirlooms not being given out at Jerry Sr. and Susan wanted ?
And who fed the dogs and why was there a silver suv there at the house after the couple vanished ?
So many questions.

I don't blame D.B. for wanting answers. It sounds like he was invested in finding justice !

Money can be a huuuge motive.
I want answers for this couple even if they lead to uncomfortable truths.
Js.
These are all good points and questions that need to be answered. I hope this investigation brings out the real murderer or murderers in this case, sooner rather than later, no matter who they might be. It is certainly important to look at all possible suspects in this case, evidence and statements by everyone concerned. We need to trust that the investigators are doing just that.

According to the Mcfalls facebook page the Mcfalls son and daugher-in-law appeared on a podcast on May 30th hosted by a Salt Lake City Medium. They claim this is another way to get the story out about Jerry and Susan and the podcast will be available on the facebook page at future date. I didn't release the name of the host of podcast because it might violate TOS other wise please visit the Mcfalls facebook page.

Latest I could find. Let me just say, Beaver Dam and Littlefield are teeny, tiny communities on opposite sides of the I-15. I truly believe that if anyone in either of those towns were the murderers, it would have come out long before now.

Mojave County Sheriff Debate Ends In ‘No Show’

An unexpected, last minute announcement neutralized a highly anticipated Mohave County Sheriff Debate on Saturday, June 20 at the Beaver Dam Lodge in Littlefield, AZ. The highly charged event was dampened when incumbent Sheriff Douglas Schuster was unable to be present for the debate. Shuster called in with apologies at the last minute to say he suffered with food poisoning and could not attend the debate.

But challenger Mike Gannuscio, was present and ready for the debate on Saturday afternoon.
Residents of the area who came for the debate expressed frustration at Schuster’s absence. Some claimed that the Sheriff was afraid to face the community due to the multitude of questions and concerns surrounding the unsolved McFalls Murder case.

Latest I could find. Let me just say, Beaver Dam and Littlefield are teeny, tiny communities on opposite sides of the I-15. I truly believe that if anyone in either of those towns were the murderers, it would have come out long before now.

Mojave County Sheriff Debate Ends In ‘No Show’

An unexpected, last minute announcement neutralized a highly anticipated Mohave County Sheriff Debate on Saturday, June 20 at the Beaver Dam Lodge in Littlefield, AZ. The highly charged event was dampened when incumbent Sheriff Douglas Schuster was unable to be present for the debate. Shuster called in with apologies at the last minute to say he suffered with food poisoning and could not attend the debate.

But challenger Mike Gannuscio, was present and ready for the debate on Saturday afternoon.
Residents of the area who came for the debate expressed frustration at Schuster’s absence. Some claimed that the Sheriff was afraid to face the community due to the multitude of questions and concerns surrounding the unsolved McFalls Murder case.
Thanks for bringing this over. May justice eventually be done.
I woul
Finally, some info on this case, but how sad that it involves family members & money. I haven’t really followed this case very closely as the info was so spotty & sporadic but I find
it quite interesting but very, very sad.

Off to read and catch up.....
?????
The podcast ?
No the laughter and joking was in a short video that was posted earlier on in this thread. Not sure where it is.

i agree that they should take lie detector tests

Justice for Susan and Jerry McFalls
September 19 at 10:14 AM ·
It’s been a very long and hard 981 days with no answers!!

2020 has had it’s very own set of struggles for all. The virus shut down most of the world for far too long stopping all lab work where we were anxiously awaiting evidence to be processed. Things are slowly beginning to move forward and evidence is being processed again ❤️ Hopefully Soon we will have more answers.

It’s definitely the most frustrating thing to keep their story alive when it seems you have nothing ne...w to post about. Thankful we know things are finally moving forward again and trying to stay positive during such tragedy. No family should EVER have to endure this type of frustration and pain.

Our hope when this is all over is to fix the system and be able to reflect back and help another family to never have to deal with this level of injustice in our system ever again.

“New” ‍♀️ evidence finally being processed will hopefully bring new answers soon. Can’t say much now as to not compromise the case but one day soon we will be able to share more information. Until then please keep sharing and keeping some kind of pressure on their case.

Susan and Jerry definitely did not deserve to be taken from their home while minding their own business and finally being able to enjoy retirement. Why did they have to be murdered?

In the meantime thank you as always for all the love, support and prayers ❤️ Stay safe out there in this crazy world and keep moving forward ❤️

Mer n Jer

i agree that they should take lie detector tests
From what I read, it is a myth that lie detector tests detect that someone is lying. What they do detect is that someone is anxious. Anxiety is the number one mental health disorder in the USA, and afflicts large numbers of people who haven't committed any crimes at all.
Overview of Anxiety Disorders - Mental Health Disorders - Merck Manuals Consumer Version

Many murderers are hardened sociopaths without a conscience, so they can pass lie detector tests, where innocent people with normal anxiety do not. This occurred during the Green River investigations, when Gary Ridgeway passed a test and was not investigated further, so went on to kill many more women.
Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Where polygraphs are successfuly used, IMO, is when they have a strong suspect, and the test forms part of the interrogation technique: 'You failed the polygraph Chris Watts, we know you're lying. Now tell us what really happened.' But, what would have happened if Watts had passed the test? Would they have just crossed him off their list of suspects and let him go?

Inconclusive: The truth about lie detector tests | In the Dark | APM Reports
The curious story of how the lie detector came to be
Lie detectors: Why they don't work, and why police use them anyway

I understand that local people are impatient to have this resolved, I also understand how one local person, in particular, is impatient. But police need evidence, that was found at the crime scene or with the bodies (or, along the route). They've collected all the evidence already from those locations. Police cannot arrest, much less convict, someone without that evidence, and they certainly shouldn't manufacture evidence by conducting polygraph tests. I'm sure they've been quietly investigating anyone they believe might have a motive, they just don't share that info with the local newspaper reporters.

LE, it seems, is getting away with being extremely tight-lipped in this case. They've not said much at all. Maybe I've missed some things, but I've read and re-read all the posts on the thread.

Have autopsies been completed? What was the cause of death? Were J & S killed where they were found, or dumped there? Who found the bodies?

Is there ANY evidence of self harm? I don't buy a double suicide (or a murder suicide) in this case. Why walk 5 miles into the desert to do that? But LE providing not a clue..

Was there any evidence that a crime was committed ar Jerry & Susan's home? Was luminal used? Prints/DNA collected? Any evidence that either the neighbor-couple or certain relatives could have committed a crime in the home?

Does the neighbor and his wife have an alibi for that day? Where did the neighbor's phone ping that day? Has their vehicle been checked for evidence/DNA? Does it have a GPS? Is a dispute (or revenge) involving a previous BB gun incident sufficient motive? It's not like the neighbor couple were going to get their place back. They would've known they'd be at top of any LE list. Motive is weak.

Do the relatives have an alibi for that day? If what I've read about assets (incl Grandmother's assets from oil rights) are true- and if the unsubstantiated rumor about J & S's pending will modifications is also true, motive would be strong.

Did the relatives know that Jerry and Susan were (possibly) planning to make changes to their will which might disinherit those same relatives (speculation, as I have not seen this documented)? Has J & S's atty confirmed that those (possible) changes were made or that J & S were planning to make those (possible) changes in the future? LE is very tight lipped. But it's been over 2 years now..

I'm sure LE has looked at digital communication between the various family members leading up to the crime (as well as correspondence between J & S and their atty.). Seems like there's have to be something.

Where did the relative's phones ping that day? Is there CCTV or receipts (from along the way) that might place them in AZ on the day of J & S's disappearance? Who bought or replaced the new security aystem DVD recorder? (speculation, as I have no proof that it's new or been replaced). Who's prints and DNA are on the DVD recorder/player. Was there CCTV on the DVD of the BB gun incident? Other prior incidents? Anything that would indicate neighbor's involvement?

Was there a GPS in relative's vehicle? The relative's froend's vehicle? Have both of those vehicles also been checked for evidence of a crime?

What about tire marks? Foot prints? DNA? Did it truly take over 2 years to identify J's body (when you have his son's DNA available to you for comparison)? LE's witholding that information (if they did) almost had to be intentional. Why?

Why did certain relatives wait so long to report J & S missing (after they'd just been texted by Susan & Jerry the day Susan & Jerry we're leaving to return home)? They don't file a report until almost two weeks after J & S failed to arrive that day? Why won't these same relatives take a polygraph? Will neighbors take a polygraph? LE not discussing (or not even being asked?) many of these questions.

Who (if anybody) hired the PI? Why did he seem to change his thinking from it being neighbors to relatives? Or has he? What is his motive? Book? Publicity?

Were there life insurance policies on J & S? Who were the beneficiaries? Were they paid out? Did the delay in ID' ing J delay this process? Any existing suits?

Can't figure it out. Seems this crime should be solved already. Also seems this thread should be a lot longer than it is.. It's almost as if J&S's murder just isn't important enough. Hope something happens soon. Such a sad story. JMO

LE, it seems, is getting away with being extremely tight-lipped in this case. They've not said much at all. Maybe I've missed some things, but I've read and re-read all the posts on the thread.

Have autopsies been completed? What was the cause of death? Were J & S killed where they were found, or dumped there? Who found the bodies?

Is there ANY evidence of self harm? I don't buy a double suicide (or a murder suicide) in this case. Why walk 5 miles into the desert to do that? But LE providing not a clue..

Was there any evidence that a crime was committed ar Jerry & Susan's home? Was luminal used? Prints/DNA collected? Any evidence that either the neighbor-couple or certain relatives could have committed a crime in the home?

Does the neighbor and his wife have an alibi for that day? Where did the neighbor's phone ping that day? Has their vehicle been checked for evidence/DNA? Does it have a GPS? Is a dispute (or revenge) involving a previous BB gun incident sufficient motive? It's not like the neighbor couple were going to get their place back. They would've known they'd be at top of any LE list. Motive is weak.

Do the relatives have an alibi for that day? If what I've read about assets (incl Grandmother's assets from oil rights) are true- and if the unsubstantiated rumor about J & S's pending will modifications is also true, motive would be strong.

Did the relatives know that Jerry and Susan were (possibly) planning to make changes to their will which might disinherit those same relatives (speculation, as I have not seen this documented)? Has J & S's atty confirmed that those (possible) changes were made or that J & S were planning to make those (possible) changes in the future? LE is very tight lipped. But it's been over 2 years now..

I'm sure LE has looked at digital communication between the various family members leading up to the crime (as well as correspondence between J & S and their atty.). Seems like there's have to be something.

Where did the relative's phones ping that day? Is there CCTV or receipts (from along the way) that might place them in AZ on the day of J & S's disappearance? Who bought or replaced the new security aystem DVD recorder? (speculation, as I have no proof that it's new or been replaced). Who's prints and DNA are on the DVD recorder/player. Was there CCTV on the DVD of the BB gun incident? Other prior incidents? Anything that would indicate neighbor's involvement?

Was there a GPS in relative's vehicle? The relative's froend's vehicle? Have both of those vehicles also been checked for evidence of a crime?

What about tire marks? Foot prints? DNA? Did it truly take over 2 years to identify J's body (when you have his son's DNA available to you for comparison)? LE's witholding that information (if they did) almost had to be intentional. Why?

Why did certain relatives wait so long to report J & S missing (after they'd just been texted by Susan & Jerry the day Susan & Jerry we're leaving to return home)? They don't file a report until almost two weeks after J & S failed to arrive that day? Why won't these same relatives take a polygraph? Will neighbors take a polygraph? LE not discussing (or not even being asked?) many of these questions.

Who (if anybody) hired the PI? Why did he seem to change his thinking from it being neighbors to relatives? Or has he? What is his motive? Book? Publicity?

Were there life insurance policies on J & S? Who were the beneficiaries? Were they paid out? Did the delay in ID' ing J delay this process? Any existing suits?

Can't figure it out. Seems this crime should be solved already. Also seems this thread should be a lot longer than it is.. It's almost as if J&S's murder just isn't important enough. Hope something happens soon. Such a sad story. JMO
I don't whether police in this area routinely share details of murder investigations, but IMO homicide investigators often choose a strategy of not revealing.what they know and what/who they suspect, until they've made an arrest. That way they don't give anything away that the killer(s) could use to their advantage. It also creates an atmosphere of trust for any potential witnesses or accomplices.

Imagine someone had some important knowledge about this brutal murder, but the killer has threatened to kill them and their family if they go to police. The killer has already killed two people, so you'd be in serious fear of your life. If the witness/accomplice read regular updates and every detail police have learned about the case in the local paper, how safe would they feel about coming forward?

In addition, if the killer doesn't know what police know, they're more easily caught, eg by telling a lie that police know is a lie - not through using a lie detector test, but because they have the verified facts.

Finally, IMO it's not fair for police to feed media and social media speculation about people possibly being murderers. IMO this can destroy innocent people's lives. People will speculate any way, but at least police aren't feeding it.

ETA: this is also why I am very dubious about the so-called private detective. What kind of PI goes to the media with allegations? Why not just take it to police? I've never seen that before. He has an agenda for sure.

All MOO

Last edited:
I don't whether police in this area routinely share details of murder investigations, but IMO homicide investigators often choose a strategy of not revealing.what they know and what/who they suspect, until they've made an arrest. That way they don't give anything away that the killer(s) could use to their advantage. It also creates an atmosphere of trust for any potential witnesses or accomplices.

Imagine someone had some important knowledge about this brutal murder, but the killer has threatened to kill them and their family if they go to police. The killer has already killed two people, so you'd be in serious fear of your life. If the witness/accomplice read regular updates and every detail police have learned about the case in the local paper, how safe would they feel about coming forward?

In addition, if the killer doesn't know what police know, they're more easily caught, eg by telling a lie that police know is a lie - not through using a lie detector test, but because they have the verified facts.

Finally, IMO it's not fair for police to feed media and social media speculation about people possibly being murderers. IMO this can destroy innocent people's lives. People will speculate any way, but at least police aren't feeding it.

ETA: this is also why I am very dubious about the so-called private detective. What kind of PI goes to the media with allegations? Why not just take it to police? I've never seen that before. He has an agenda for sure.

All MOO[/Q

When the police rule anyone out, then the public can too. Don't know if the PI has agenda or not.

True re. naming possible suspects, usually LE keeps things pretty close to the vest. Yes, re. the PI, he may very well be biased or he might not be, hard to say. As far as I'm concerned, if and when LE eliminates anyone as a POI or suspect, the public can too. I just hope they make some real progress in this case, it is dragging on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BSteel
Back