"The detective paused momentarily, and then told her that JonBenét had
been murdered.
Hoffmann-Pugh screamed, and broke down so completely that the
investigators were unable to complete as thorough an interview as they had
desired. The remainder of their questions would have to wait until the
following day."

Does anyone know if the Mother of the child was being treated for
Bipolar Disorder?

The problem with a blow to the head before strangulation is that it does not leave petechial hemorrhaging. It seems to me that you have the idea that it was an accident, what kind of accident would cause someone to fake a murder, If you are married and have kids, one of the kids accidentally strangles the other one, do you think that it would be logical to bludgeon the dead child? And could you do that? In the case of Lizzy Borden even when she struck the step mother on the back of the head, there was really not that much blood, sometimes the head will not bleed profusely from a blunt instrument.

is there a reason children ages 6 and 9 would be strangling each other willingly other than for autoerotic asphyxia... y’all maybe these kiddos were playing California Knockout in the basement. That’s why she took off her red turtleneck and tied the bottom of her hair back w a blue hair tie, had a snack, went downstairs to peek at presents and play willingly. She was strangled from behind with a Boy Scout tightening stick whittled with a pocket knife. She fell and hit her head after unconsciousness in the wine cellar or boiler room on concrete, maybe on the flashlight, cement brick or softball bat. Petechial hemorrhages yes. She was alive when strangled and did not fight it. Who wouldn’t fight it?? Multiple ligature marks but hyoid cartilage is fine. Hiking rope upstairs caused that big ol triangular bruise, fibers found in her bed and body bag. She was strangled several times while conscious causing necrotic brain tissue. Who would allow that unless it was a game. She was strangled multiple times and tried knockout multiple times with her bro. That’s why JA said he deserved forgiveness. That’s why they needed to know WHYy this happened in CNN, and weren’t angry, they had no clue about this game. That’s why you gotta keep your babies close to you. That’s why there are children around the world that are just as vulnerable as Jonbenet. JA was a scout too, it was his freakin hiking rope y’all, he knew what was up... still does, tweeting it out like a Stark with a secret, maybe we got it wrong. Accidental death, bro had unaddressed special needs and sexual touching was also going on. He played and survived but his poor sister didn’t. Rip baby girl.

I’m gonna echo this w borderline pd

is there a reason children ages 6 and 9 would be strangling each other willingly other than for autoerotic asphyxia... y’all maybe these kiddos were playing California Knockout in the basement. That’s why she took off her red turtleneck and tied the bottom of her hair back w a blue hair tie, had a snack, went downstairs to peek at presents and play willingly. She was strangled from behind with a Boy Scout tightening stick whittled with a pocket knife. She fell and hit her head after unconsciousness in the wine cellar or boiler room on concrete, maybe on the flashlight, cement brick or softball bat. Petechial hemorrhages yes. She was alive when strangled and did not fight it. Who wouldn’t fight it?? Multiple ligature marks but hyoid cartilage is fine. Hiking rope upstairs caused that big ol triangular bruise, fibers found in her bed and body bag. She was strangled several times while conscious causing necrotic brain tissue. Who would allow that unless it was a game. She was strangled multiple times and tried knockout multiple times with her bro. That’s why JA said he deserved forgiveness. That’s why they needed to know WHYy this happened in CNN, and weren’t angry, they had no clue about this game. That’s why you gotta keep your babies close to you. That’s why there are children around the world that are just as vulnerable as Jonbenet. JA was a scout too, it was his freakin hiking rope y’all, he knew what was up... still does, tweeting it out like a Stark with a secret, maybe we got it wrong. Accidental death, bro had unaddressed special needs and sexual touching was also going on. He played and survived but his poor sister didn’t. Rip baby girl.

It's a sign of a sexist society that John gets a pass, and everyone blames Patsy and Burke.

You do realize that the medical examiners report stated: "prior and prolonged sexual abuse"? Who was doing this?

There were two motives to the crime: 1) to silence JB so that she could NOT report prior sexual abuse; and 2) to frame the mother, Patsy.

Also, the police found an instructional video for stun gun usage in the father's possession. John lied and said he had bought it back in 1994 but it was traced to a spy shop, purchased in 1996. So John started planning this premeditated murder prior to the date of this purchase.

I realize that the murder probably did not involve a stun gun, but that may have been a change of plan.

I would say that John killed JB to silence her; framed Patsy and to a lesser extent Burke; and gaslighted Patsy into believing that Burke had done it.

Also, I suspect that John gave Patsy a sedative so that she would sleep soundly that night.

The problem with a blow to the head before strangulation is that it does not leave petechial hemorrhaging. It seems to me that you have the idea that it was an accident, what kind of accident would cause someone to fake a murder, If you are married and have kids, one of the kids accidentally strangles the other one, do you think that it would be logical to bludgeon the dead child? And could you do that? In the case of Lizzy Borden even when she struck the step mother on the back of the head, there was really not that much blood, sometimes the head will not bleed profusely from a blunt instrument.

Regarding Lizzy Borden: This was more of a premeditated murder planned to prevent FUTURE sexual abuse. Self-defense to prevent FUTURE sexual abuse.

Remember that house tours indicate that Lizzy and her sister moved furniture to prevent their parents from entering their bedroom at night. They used to move the bed behind the door, and such.

Also, I could be mistaken, but I believe the mother did have internal bleeding, though as mentioned not that much external bleeding. So my understanding is the internal bleeding was quite heavy.

It's a sign of a sexist society that John gets a pass, and everyone blames Patsy and Burke.

You do realize that the medical examiners report stated: "prior and prolonged sexual abuse"? Who was doing this?

There were two motives to the crime: 1) to silence JB so that she could NOT report prior sexual abuse; and 2) to frame the mother, Patsy.

Also, the police found an instructional video for stun gun usage in the father's possession. John lied and said he had bought it back in 1994 but it was traced to a spy shop, purchased in 1996. So John started planning this premeditated murder prior to the date of this purchase.

I realize that the murder probably did not involve a stun gun, but that may have been a change of plan.

I would say that John killed JB to silence her; framed Patsy and to a lesser extent Burke; and gaslighted Patsy into believing that Burke had done it.

Also, I suspect that John gave Patsy a sedative so that she would sleep soundly that night.
You are right, Stevie T and Batman voice Kolar gave J a pass and we just roll with that bc there was no incriminating *advertiser censored* found in the house and no prior documented hx of abuse. Patsy used the computer all the time, he was a womanizer and left the house for 3 hours to “check on the plane” on Christmas Day. Nice John. He’d be away all summer while the family was in Charlevoix, nice. Family man. But he was also clinically depressed, had lost a daughter, and was a workaholic engineer. Narcissist? Introvert? Sex addict, who knows. We give him an out that night because he’s not engaged with the family otherwise, and maybe we ARE wrong about him. Silent Sam’s shouldn’t be trusted either. His mistress came forward, she was of age and called to ask what do you want me to say John, Melinda never admitted to anything, no dirt from Access Graphics. It’s not a sin to have semen on a blanket or a robe the fact is it wasn’t found on JB (RIP baby girl) the fact of the matter is— she was strangled with a boy scout rope and penetrated to make her bleed using the end of a paintbrush. Pedophiles won’t leave that kind of evidence... but a poking kid with special needs might. Who’s being fondled by his basketball coach.
But I agree— it is all verrrry sexist. Let’s hear more from Linda A, Jane Harmer, Pricilla, Barbara F, Susan Stine, let’s tak to Doug! Daphne, thoughts? Let’s talk to Nedra why didn’t she get on a plane straight to Boulder to help find her grand baby? RIP.
What’s worse, your son is an Aspie and you don’t know how to connect with him or discipline him so you focus all your efforts on your toddlers n tiaras daughter and one day you leave them alone and the worst possible thing happens? Or is your husband an abuser and a pedophile, there would be other victims... would come to the surface from his past. Women can help solve this thing. I want to know about the missing doll, the male babysitter Nathan I, the incest marked dictionary— john quotes the dictionary in doi so he’d be incriminating himself. IMO no one framed Patsy but Patsy with that note. She wrote that note in impulsive maternal desperation. Mother’s instinct kicked in, she was saving her kid who she felt didn’t have the social skills to make it in this world. Not My child!
trip demuth, 2 young daughters, covering for this family and running interference WHY? The other kid did it and he had special needs.
I hear you thou!

Regarding Lizzy Borden: This was more of a premeditated murder planned to prevent FUTURE sexual abuse. Self-defense to prevent FUTURE sexual abuse.

Remember that house tours indicate that Lizzy and her sister moved furniture to prevent their parents from entering their bedroom at night. They used to move the bed behind the door, and such.

Also, I could be mistaken, but I believe the mother did have internal bleeding, though as mentioned not that much external bleeding. So my understanding is the internal bleeding was quite heavy.
Lizzie used an axe forty (forty!!) wacks and f’d up the face, revealing anger and rage at the victims, and that she personally knew the victims.
JB has a skull fracture minimal cerebral edema and brain bleeding suggesting she was struck after having the ligature around her neck. Maybe she fell on something hard. Let’s ask Burke! I’d like to believe he did not bludgeon her and abuse her and stab her with a train track AND strangle her. But I could be wrong

You are right, Stevie T and Batman voice Kolar gave J a pass and we just roll with that bc there was no incriminating *advertiser censored* found in the house and no prior documented hx of abuse. Patsy used the computer all the time, he was a womanizer and left the house for 3 hours to “check on the plane” on Christmas Day. Nice John. He’d be away all summer while the family was in Charlevoix, nice. Family man. But he was also clinically depressed, had lost a daughter, and was a workaholic engineer. Narcissist? Introvert? Sex addict, who knows. We give him an out that night because he’s not engaged with the family otherwise, and maybe we ARE wrong about him. Silent Sam’s shouldn’t be trusted either. His mistress came forward, she was of age and called to ask what do you want me to say John, Melinda never admitted to anything, no dirt from Access Graphics. It’s not a sin to have semen on a blanket or a robe the fact is it wasn’t found on JB (RIP baby girl) the fact of the matter is— she was strangled with a boy scout rope and penetrated to make her bleed using the end of a paintbrush. Pedophiles won’t leave that kind of evidence... but a poking kid with special needs might. Who’s being fondled by his basketball coach.
But I agree— it is all verrrry sexist. Let’s hear more from Linda A, Jane Harmer, Pricilla, Barbara F, Susan Stine, let’s tak to Doug! Daphne, thoughts? Let’s talk to Nedra why didn’t she get on a plane straight to Boulder to help find her grand baby? RIP.
What’s worse, your son is an Aspie and you don’t know how to connect with him or discipline him so you focus all your efforts on your toddlers n tiaras daughter and one day you leave them alone and the worst possible thing happens? Or is your husband an abuser and a pedophile, there would be other victims... **** would come to the surface from his past. Women can help solve this thing. I want to know about the missing doll, the male babysitter Nathan I, the incest marked dictionary— john quotes the dictionary in doi so he’d be incriminating himself. IMO no one framed Patsy but Patsy with that note. She wrote that note in impulsive maternal desperation. Mother’s instinct kicked in, she was saving her kid who she felt didn’t have the social skills to make it in this world. Not My child!
trip demuth, 2 young daughters, covering for this family and running interference WHY? The other kid did it and he had special needs.
I hear you thou!

Who is Silent Sam, please? I think we should also look at the motive to frame Patsy. That suggests John, rather than Burke.

(By the way, Patsy's former boyfriends/lovers checked out well. They co-operated with the police; nothing suspicious about them.)

Who is Silent Sam, please? I think we should also look at the motive to frame Patsy. That suggests John, rather than Burke.

(By the way, Patsy's former boyfriends/lovers checked out well. They co-operated with the police; nothing suspicious about them.)
Silent Sam is an expression I am using to describe men who don’t say a damn thing, do what they want, cheat on their wives, gamble, control the finances etc and are generally unhappy in their marriage but silently and just do what they want stringing their wives along w their two faced life. Silent Sam let’s his wife babble on and on during interviews and quietly grits his teeth wishing she’d shaddup. For sure, very interesting! But we’ve got Patsys rambling RN and handwriting, blood on the thigh wiped away with probably Windex and Her fleece fiber evidence on the body, not his. Israeli sweater was never matched to the dark wool fibers and there’s no semen. Unless released evidence was filtered in such a way to only incriminate Patsy. I hear you, really interesting. Tell us more

Silent Sam is an expression I am using to describe men who don’t say a damn thing, do what they want, cheat on their wives, gamble, control the finances etc and are generally unhappy in their marriage but silently and just do what they want stringing their wives along w their two faced life. Silent Sam let’s his wife babble on and on during interviews and quietly grits his teeth wishing she’d shaddup. For sure, very interesting! But we’ve got Patsys rambling RN and handwriting, blood on the thigh wiped away with probably Windex and Her fleece fiber evidence on the body, not his. Israeli sweater was never matched to the dark wool fibers and there’s no semen. Unless released evidence was filtered in such a way to only incriminate Patsy. I hear you, really interesting. Tell us more

Israeli sweater - from Israel? I guess they wanted it to look like a foreign faction.

The ransom note is definitely composed by John (the content of the note, that is.) It's a big ego trip for him; it's all about HIM; it doesn't even mention JonBenet, Patsy or Burke. I cannot imagine a woman writing a note like that, since we are NOT raised to use such violent language. (It actually sounds like a letter a young man would write, but John Andrew was in Atlanta at the time.)

And John could probably be VERY VIOLENT. Remember his naval background? The fact that there is no profanity (swear words) in the note also points to John composing the CONTENT of the note.

Interesting that you mention Melinda - some people have suspected that JB was planning to tell Melinda about the sexual abuse.

My assumption is that John killed JB to silence her from reporting PRIOR sexual abuse; framed Patsy, and to a lesser degree Burke and John Andrew.

John, who was very controlling and masterminded everything (people really need to look at his personality), probably gaslighted Patsy into believing that their 9-year-old son had killed JB.

I think I already mentioned about John purchasing an instructional video on stun gun usage? Who knows? Glenn Meyer could have done the physical handwriting of the note, maybe during the December 23 Christmas party? But there's no doubt that John wrote the note - it's a big ego trip to himself!

Don't know why people assume a rambling note would be written by a woman? I think John purposely made it rambling to give the impression that it had been written when the person was panicking. But it's obvious that John composed the note PRIOR to the murder; that he premeditated everything; that he framed Patsy, and to a lesser degree Burke and John Andrew. And probably gaslighted Patsy into believing that Burke had done the homicide.

That's my viewpoint. And Glenn Meyer is a pretty good match for the handwriting - much better than Patsy's handwriting.

Oversized underwear - something a man would do!

You are right, Stevie T and Batman voice Kolar gave J a pass and we just roll with that bc there was no incriminating *advertiser censored* found in the house and no prior documented hx of abuse. <snip>

They may have been thinking "John is an upstanding, clean-cut man just like me. Therefore, he couldn't have been sexually abusing JonBenet."

Israeli sweater - from Israel? I guess they wanted it to look like a foreign faction.
Fascinating! I think it’s like a festive polished merino wool sweater he wore to the White party, but no fibers suggest he didn’t even carry her like he said...?

The ransom note is definitely composed by John (the content of the note, that is.) It's a big ego trip for him; it's all about HIM; it doesn't even mention JonBenet, Patsy or Burke. I cannot imagine a woman writing a note like that, since we are NOT raised to use such violent language. (It actually sounds like a letter a young man would write, but John Andrew was in Atlanta at the time.)
This is so interesting, bravo. But I hear Patsys voice in the note. She’s pleading with him desperately begging him. It’s up to you now John. She quotes Bush 1988 speech“read my lips, end of statement” in a police interview, she’s a quotey person not john who says what HE means or says the same rehearsed lines for 2 decades, there’s references to lots of relatively modern action movies in the note, he liked old fashioned movies like African Queen, I think she was the movie/ musical buff not him, especially the part where it’s like “the men watching over your daughter don’t particularly like you”, when she is asked about hand writing in her photo album in her Hoffman depo whether it looks familiar she says “not particularly” it’s an odd phrase that not all people say- not really, not especially, not Particularly. And hence has been talked about a lot. Attaché with the accent. The alliteration is very female, foreign faction, adequate sized attaché, the tone is bossy and maternal- be well rested, when you get home, SBTC saved by the cross, SHE wore a cross, Jesus was important to her not John, the percentages of JB surviving echo the percentages you get for beating cancer through chemo, the executed / beheaded comments I believe is an unintentional spontaneous utterance reference to popping the head off an American girl doll, removing the stuffing throwing it on the wine cellar floor where it was photographed and hiding evidence in it such as the bloody paintbrush and rag. Headless doll. Pam Paugh later nabs these dolls from the crime scene and spirits them away for her sister. Dolly may have had the duct tape piece used in staging.

And John could probably be VERY VIOLENT. Remember his naval background? The fact that there is no profanity (swear words) in the note also points to John composing the CONTENT of the note.

I don’t give a Flying flip how scientific it is, go back to the damn drawing board!, you are accused of murdering your daughter and Patsy won’t use the f bomb either. They were from the south and Midwest, cussing wasn’t their thing?
They wrote it together, the tactics and countermeasures thing I believe John said it again once in an interview?

Interesting that you mention Melinda - some people have suspected that JB was planning to tell Melinda about the sexual abuse.

god, if this is true the truth is so freaking horrible and it really underlines the bravery and decency of Stevie T and Batman Kolar.
Starts to feel very Johnny Gauch coverup.

My assumption is that John killed JB to silence her from reporting PRIOR sexual abuse; framed Patsy, and to a lesser degree Burke and John Andrew.

I think the interference was escalating from sexual explorations and play, inquisitory and maybe itch related due to UTI and yeast infections. It’s abusive and problematic, RIP baby. Regardless of anything, housekeepers rumor that the kids played doctor underneath the covers, ya can’t unhear that. And Burke gets evasive and anxious when the psych asks him about inappropriate touching, rubbing the guess who board on his head.

John, who was very controlling and masterminded everything (people really need to look at his personality), probably gaslighted Patsy into believing that their 9-year-old son had killed JB.

I think I already mentioned about John purchasing an instructional video on stun gun usage? Who knows? Glenn Meyer could have done the physical handwriting of the note, maybe during the December 23 Christmas party? But there's no doubt that John wrote the note - it's a big ego trip to himself!
I think John lost everything in the wake of what happened and his ego went with it.

Don't know why people assume a rambling note would be written by a woman? I think John purposely made it rambling to give the impression that it had been written when the person was panicking. But it's obvious that John composed the note PRIOR to the murder; that he premeditated everything; that he framed Patsy, and to a lesser degree Burke and John Andrew. And probably gaslighted Patsy into believing that Burke had done the homicide.
Wow, it’s fascinating, what resentment JA and Melinda and poor Dr Suart must have to them. Dys freakin functional.
That's my viewpoint. And Glenn Meyer is a pretty good match for the handwriting - much better than Patsy's handwriting.

glenn Meyer! I hardly know her. Who is this? Access graphics dude?
Props to you. It’s really interesting. Patsy was a Patsy. There are less elaborate ways to murder a child. They were educated. If they wanted her to die to silence her- bathtub. Horrible horrible RIP baby girl.

They may have been thinking "John is an upstanding, clean-cut man just like me. Therefore, he couldn't have been sexually abusing JonBenet."
Yeah we give him a pass. Money talks. I have a great affinity for you John, it’s an odd comment in the initial police interview. Why? Bc you are self made? But I want to trust Capn America Steve, Brave Kolar, John Douglas, FBI who looked at this, he lost everything from the GE merger anyway. Going back to the language in the true bills, what reasonable laypeople saw, I really hope they got it... somewhat right? That someone ELSE did it and the parents knowingly and unlawfully covered for them. And that most people were following the evidence and weren’t blinded by money, power, mid west good man vibes, or religion like Smit was... it’s such a shiii showwww isn’t it?

Oversized underwear! Such a weird clue- 1) let’s agree to tell LE please don’t say “panties” at a podium, it’s creepy 2) who redressed her? Bc of blood probably, or maybe the original ones were soiled w poo or pee and JB redressed herself in the basement from the opened FAO S packages prior to the attack (RIP baby) or after the blood, attacker redressed her with a literal but enormous version of the Wed underwear, maybe someone w special needs would think that looks fine. J may have done it but she urinated in them when she expired between the wine cellar end boiler room, so it would have been after the blood but before dying. It’s horrible all of it, no idea...

Glenn Meyer, Barnhills lodger, allegedly cleared by BPD on handwriting and DNA. I really want to trust Stevie T on this one.

Ughh why wouldn’t they just finger him as the killer, why the charade? why finger LHP, Fleet and Pricilla? The male baby sister who fits Douglas’s profile. Why was it someone they knew, someone who was MAD at John, why all the Mish mosh explanations. Take her out of the home if you are planning a murder. Haven’t they seen any movies? They have! If you are going to kidnap and have an accomplice then actually kidnap! If you are trying to make it look bad and legit, why leave the body in the basement, why wipe away the blood? Because you are ashamed of the truth of how that blood got there. Why stage then unstage. It’s confusing! It’s fascinating though, there’s no way to prove it wasn’t John using Patsy to cover for John and Burke leaving herself exposed.

This is so interesting, bravo. But I hear Patsys voice in the note. She’s pleading with him desperately begging him. It’s up to you now John. She quotes Bush 1988 speech“read my lips, end of statement” in a police interview, she’s a quotey person not john who says what HE means or says the same rehearsed lines for 2 decades, there’s references to lots of relatively modern action movies in the note, he liked old fashioned movies like African Queen, I think she was the movie/ musical buff not him, especially the part where it’s like “the men watching over your daughter don’t particularly like you”, when she is asked about hand writing in her photo album in her Hoffman depo whether it looks familiar she says “not particularly” it’s an odd phrase that not all people say- not really, not especially, not Particularly. And hence has been talked about a lot. Attaché with the accent. The alliteration is very female, foreign faction, adequate sized attaché, the tone is bossy and maternal- be well rested, when you get home, SBTC saved by the cross, SHE wore a cross, Jesus was important to her not John, the percentages of JB surviving echo the percentages you get for beating cancer through chemo, the executed / beheaded comments I believe is an unintentional spontaneous utterance reference to popping the head off an American girl doll, removing the stuffing throwing it on the wine cellar floor where it was photographed and hiding evidence in it such as the bloody paintbrush and rag. Headless doll. Pam Paugh later nabs these dolls from the crime scene and spirits them away for her sister. Dolly may have had the duct tape piece used in staging.

could J be violent? No one to my knowledge came forward about this.. his eyes went black when the house flooded and he could be very manipulative with employees, just firing them. They used people. I haven’t read about a history of abuse. Stevie T and Ron Gosage and James Kolar would be all over this, unless No One came forward out of fear, litigation, or monay.

No one in this fam really curses, an interviewer comments on the lack of cursing in the RN even. I don’t give a Flying flip how scientific it is, go back to the damn drawing board!, lol you are accused of murdering your daughter and Patsy won’t use the f bomb to cops either. They were from the south and Midwest, cussing wasn’t their thing?
They wrote it together, the tactics and countermeasures thing I believe John said it again once in an interview?

god, if this is true about Jb almost felony Melinda the truth it is all so freaking horrible and it really underlines the bravery and decency of Stevie T and Batman Kolar.
Starts to feel very Johnny Gauch coverup.
Also like the little Gregory case in France.

gonna throw in there that Daphne was not allowed to sleep over at the Ramsey’s. But they vacationed together... and were BFFs. gotta wonder- Why.

I think the interference was escalating from sexual explorations and play, possible abuse from a third party- if it involved the siblings it was inquisitory and maybe itch related due to UTI and yeast infections. It’s abusive and problematic no matter what, RIP baby. Regardless of anything, housekeepers rumor that the kids played doctor underneath the covers, wtf even, ya can’t unhear that. The housekeepers aired the dirty out on that fam. And Burke gets evasive and anxious when the psych asks him about inappropriate touching, rubbing the guess who board on his head.

I’m honestly thinking the comments about the security stun gun stuff are to distance themselves from anything related to that, john says Priscilla might carry one bc she’s from California. Nothing is making sense, they are grasping at straws. I think we should trust the preliminary findings of Stevie T and co, followed by the language in the true bills, and the information and conclusion of kolar’s FF. What I can’t understand is why Dr Phil is covering for this family regardless of who his lawyer is. He knows there is something painful and shameful at the core of this mystery and that at 9 years old, it is debatable whether it is the KIDS fault.

You seem to be under the assumption that JonBenet's death was due to a purposeful killing. That is not what most believe and not what the evidence indicates. This was most likely a tragic "accident" that led to her death.
Accident in the sense that the goal was NOT for her to die or even be seriously wounded - but an accident in the sense that injury was impulsively inflicted on JonBenet in a moment or flash of RAGE.
The perp then panicked at what had just occured - thought JonBenet was already dead from the head blow, needed to have her body indicate something VISIBLE as to "why" she lay dead - and came up with a cord around her neck to suggest she was strangled to death. Little did the perp/stager know that there was indeed a tiny speck of life left in little JonBenet and the tightening of the cord simply hurried the inevitable. Leaving minor tell-tale marks of asphyxiation.
This "strangling" was not violent as usually seen. There was no damage to the strap muscles in her neck and no damage to the hydoid bone - as is almost always the case.
To further go along with this aspect of the crime as being staging and not purposeful - is the re-dressing, wiping down and bundling like a baby of the body. And placed on a blanket. Actions taken by someone who cared and had remorse over what had happened.

JonBenet had dust on the bottom of her feet. She obviously must have walked in that basement room that night.
The blow to the head logically would have taken place as she was standing.
It would have been extremely awkward - and would make no sense - for the perp to choose that kind of action (swinging an object against the side of her head) while she is laying down on the floor.
And she could not have been standing had she been strangled first OR "stun-gunned."

I believe it is possible that JonBenet was being molested, fought back - possibly running away (giving reason for the dust on her bare feet) - was struck by the perp in the head rendering her unconscious (or to the perp/stagers "dead") and the staging began to cover it all up.
I think it is possible that the one who started the whole affair was her older brother Burke - and the parents stepped in and have taken over to this day covering it all up.
Their actions - and lack of certain actions - make this scenario the most likely given the evidence we know.

One curious aspect of the crime that I believe needs more pondering but is an important clue - is the fact that JonBenet's arms were RAISED above her head when she died and there was no attempt to lower them by the stager.
Either - she was in rigor mortis when the stager stumbled upon her body, or
this was a decision by the stager when her hands were "loosely" (no purpose other than staging) tied by the cord.

Agreed, smart the above. Accidental injury, the offender not calling for help (out of fear?), covering up the damage, then parents discover this and start the staging to cover for him and avoid a scandal and having their other child taken from the home. Legit Key question- how did her arms get like that and at what point, it suggests staging in the very early morning around 1-2 am and being left like that for hours as rigor mortis set in. We have a scream prior to this, was it JB, or was it PR discovering her daughter. The behavior of the parents post offense/ accident/ tragedy are very telling and suggest a cover up that they never wanted to participate in but felt they had no choice. It was based on fear, shame and was impulsive. They say:

We need to know WHY this happened. Not because we are angry, because we have to go on. We are a kind gentle family.
Why did they do this, why didn’t I hear my baby. We didn’t mean for this to happen. Couldn’t you fix this for me. Everything we have done has been for Burke. I wouldn’t recommend the death penalty because that would be stooping to the level of the killer, I would need to know what kind of person it was before deciding punishment.

Oversized underwear! Such a weird clue- 1) let’s agree to tell LE please don’t say “panties” at a podium, it’s creepy 2) who redressed her? Bc of blood probably, or maybe the original ones were soiled w poo or pee and JB redressed herself in the basement from the opened FAO S packages prior to the attack (RIP baby) or after the blood, attacker redressed her with a literal but enormous version of the Wed underwear, maybe someone w special needs would think that looks fine. J may have done it but she urinated in them when she expired between the wine cellar end boiler room, so it would have been after the blood but before dying. It’s horrible all of it, no idea...

Oversized underwear might just be what was available in the basement. But it is worth noting that Linda the housekeeper knew about this.

Re: "J may have done it but she urinated in them when she expired between the wine cellar end boiler room, so it would have been after the blood but before dying. It’s horrible all of it, no idea..."

Only John would be strong enough to drag JB from one room to another. Not Burke, not Patsy.

I think the purpose of the ransom note was to SCARE Patsy to not call the police. That would give John enough time to dispose of the dead body, and any incriminating evidence. But then Patsy ruined the plans by calling the police. If this makes sense....

Think about it: Only John had the physical strength to do it. And there was evidence of "prior and prolonged sexual abuse." Yet the police detectives blamed Patsy and Burke? Pretty sexist! (Fleet White would have been blamed for it, but the time of death is put AFTER the arrived home.)

An important point is this: The duct tape on her mouth was probably applied AFTER she was already dead. Well, doesn't that imply an attempt to SILENCE the little girl?

To me, it's pretty obvious who should have been arrested. If John was innocent, that's fine and he deserved a fair trial.

In any other circumstance, the father would have been arrested.

Last edited:
Agreed, smart the above. Accidental injury, the offender not calling for help (out of fear?), covering up the damage, then parents discover this and start the staging to cover for him and avoid a scandal and having their other child taken from the home. Legit Key question- how did her arms get like that and at what point, it suggests staging in the very early morning around 1-2 am and being left like that for hours as rigor mortis set in. We have a scream prior to this, was it JB, or was it PR discovering her daughter. The behavior of the parents post offense/ accident/ tragedy are very telling and suggest a cover up that they never wanted to participate in but felt they had no choice. It was based on fear, shame and was impulsive. They say:

We need to know WHY this happened. Not because we are angry, because we have to go on. We are a kind gentle family.
Why did they do this, why didn’t I hear my baby. We didn’t mean for this to happen. Couldn’t you fix this for me. Everything we have done has been for Burke. I wouldn’t recommend the death penalty because that would be stooping to the level of the killer, I would need to know what kind of person it was before deciding punishment.

The fact that JB's hands were raised suggests that she was perhaps dragged... or maybe I am incorrect about that.

Yes, it was premeditated. Remember that the police found an instructional video on stun gun usage in his possession. And he lied and claimed that he purchased in 1994. It was traced back to purchase at a spy shop in 1996. So, John was probably going to stage a kidnapping or a robbery (as intruders are more likely to use stun guns), and then somewhere along the line that plan was changed.

Also, if you received Death Of Innocence, page 368, there is almost a confession, written in the 3rd person.

I also think that people really should investigate John's business connections and dealings. And even more so what Subic Bay really did (garrotes, ties to prostitution, and so on.)

Oversized underwear might just be what was available in the basement. But it is worth noting that Linda the housekeeper knew about this.

Re: "J may have done it but she urinated in them when she expired between the wine cellar end boiler room, so it would have been after the blood but before dying. It’s horrible all of it, no idea..."

Only John would be strong enough to drag JB from one room to another. Not Burke, not Patsy.

I think the purpose of the ransom note was to SCARE Patsy to not call the police. That would give John enough time to dispose of the dead body, and any incriminating evidence. But then Patsy ruined the plans by calling the police. If this makes sense....

Think about it: Only John had the physical strength to do it. And there was evidence of "prior and prolonged sexual abuse." Yet the police detectives blamed Patsy and Burke? Pretty sexist! (Fleet White would have been blamed for it, but the time of death is put AFTER the arrived home.)

An important point is this: The duct tape on her mouth was probably applied AFTER she was already dead. Well, doesn't that imply an attempt to SILENCE the little girl?

To me, it's pretty obvious who should have been arrested. If John was innocent, that's fine and he deserved a fair trial.

In any other circumstance, the father would have been arrested.

PremeditatedCrime,
John Ramsey would have known dressing JonBenet in size-12 underwear would represent a red flag, as would her brother's long johns.

Point being is it detracts from the cohesiveness of the staging.

Burke Ramsey would have no problem dragging JonBenet by her arms from room to room, so explaining the abrasions and contusions on her body.

Burke Ramsey is alleged to have admitted being in the basement Christmas Day afternoon, so he might have discovered the size-12's?

I can see Burke Ramsey redressing JonBenet in a pair of his long johns, simply to hold up the size-12's which keep falling down, but he wants the Wednesday feature.

The only other explanation is that the case is JDI with JR wiping JonBenet down, with Patsy fetching the size-12's along with BR's long johns, both assuming these items will fling investigators off the scent?

That is they flung BR under the bus!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back