GUILTY UK - Bethany Vincent, 26, and son, Darren, 9, stabbed to death, Louth, Lincs, 31 May 2021 *arrest*

Do we think the other child in the house was hers? Or theirs together?

Bethany and Darren were horrifically murdered. Boulton had a history of violence against her and her parents and had developed a hatred of little Darren, who had autism. The court case is ongoing, so we must be very careful what we say, as we do not want to prejudice the trial in any way. But this case is very important to me, so any prayers for Bethany, Darren and their family are always welcome as well as prayers that justice will be done. Thank you.

Daniel Boulton admits Bethany Vincent and Darren Henson manslaughter

A man who fatally stabbed his ex-girlfriend and her nine-year-old son has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

Daniel Boulton, 30, admitted to killing Bethany Vincent and Darren Henson on the second day of his Lincoln Crown Court trial.

He continues to deny murdering the pair at their home in Louth, Lincolnshire, last May.

Prosecutors previously told the court Mr Boulton claimed he was suffering from a mental health condition.

Judge Mr Justice Pepperall told the jury the defendant accepted causing the unlawful deaths of Ms Vincent and her son, known as DJ, and they would have to decide whether he was guilty of murder.

He also pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer with intent to resist arrest and burgling an empty cottage the day after the killings .

Bethany and Darren were horrifically murdered. Boulton had a history of violence against her and her parents and had developed a hatred of little Darren, who had autism. The court case is ongoing, so we must be very careful what we say, as we do not want to prejudice the trial in any way. But this case is very important to me, so any prayers for Bethany, Darren and their family are always welcome as well as prayers that justice will be done. Thank you.

I didnt realise there was a thread on here about this. This case is also very important to me as I know some of the victims family members : (

I believe that Bethany and DJ were both let down by the Police as truthfully many victims of Domestic Violence etc are here. He kept breaking the restraining order but still he wasnt imprisoned. Had he been then they both would have been safe :(

It must be very difficult for you @UK Girl - let's hope justice prevails

I hope so but reading that I just feel so sorry for the Vincents and Hensons to have to sit there and listen to all this has to be soul destroying for so many reasons. She was a young mother and he was just a innocent kid and they both deserved so much more and to be protected. Imo they was let down. What I dont understand is if he is trying to say he didnt know what he was doing etc how come (thankfully) he didnt hurt the third person in that room? his own child?

Daniel Boulton trial: Accused was on 'autopilot' - BBC News

Mr Boulton denies murder but has admitted their manslaughter.

He was said to have travelled 28 miles (45km) from his home in Skegness on foot to stab Ms Vincent and her son "numerous times".

Dr Pablo Vandenabeele, a psychiatrist instructed by the defence, told the court Mr Boulton had "no control" when he killed the pair.

Giving evidence, Dr Vandenabeele told the court: "In his words, he went into autopilot.

"He said, 'It is like I wasn't there and autopilot did the job for me'."

Describing the moment Ms Vincent was stabbed, Dr Vandenabeele said Mr Boulton had told him: "It is like she went into the knife."

A jury in the trial of a Skegness man accused of murdering his ex-partner and her nine-year-old son have been asked to consider the evidence “dispassionately”.

Experts for the defence and prosecution agree Boulton was suffering from a dissocial personality disorder.

Defence psychiatrist Dr Pablo Vandenabeele said he believed Boulton lost control due to the ferocity of the injuries and was in a state of emotional arousal.

Judge asks Daniel Boulton murder trial jury to consider case "dispassionately"

From the same article:

Mr Justice Pepperall told the jury it was entirely understandable to have sympathy for Bethany Vincent, Darren Henson and their families.

“You have heard some very distressing evidence,” Mr Justice Pepperall told the jury. “And I suspect you don’t like Mr Boulton.”

But Mr Justice Pepperall said that would be an emotional response and asked the jury to consider the evidence dispassionately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Can't Touch Tish
Back