Kanye West hospitalized in LA for psych evaluation

Wow, you aren't kidding :thinking:

30 MILLION for canceling the tour...

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/23/kanye-west-getting-30-million-insurance-payout-after-axing-tour

:what:

Mental health issues deserve serious attention, and the stigma needs to lifted. The comorbidity with drug and alcohol use is a grave problem with even more disgrace attached to it. Kayne's "people" obviously did nothing about it until there was a crisis. Typical of hangers-on who want to keep their bosses' loyalty.

Just to play devil's advocate. Given the relation to the Kardashians, could this be part of their reality show?

It is pretty obvious that this man was having a psychotic episode at the time of his hospitalization.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cele...rdashian-robbery/ar-AAkRPq8?ocid=ansmsnnews11

It is just a damn lucky thing that people who were aware enough to know what they were seeing and what to do about it encountered him on the day he was hospitalized, because it sounds like those around him who had been witnessing his breaks with reality in the weeks leading up to the hospitalization weren't able to help him by just telling him to "calm down".

I realize how difficult these situations can be. In my own family, we had an instance of a family member who went and got another family member out of a psych hospital, "Because he called and was crying that he just wanted to get out of that place, that there was nothing really wrong with him." Within 24 hours that family member had a raving, extremely paranoid mentally ill person on their hands and did not have any clue as to what to do next.

Our family got things handled by several of us banding together and offering the choice of either immediate involuntary commitment and all that entails or a voluntary entry back into care that very day. Thankfully our loved one made the choice of voluntary readmission to a different facility. These events are not fun times for any family.

I am really glad to see that Kanye is still hospitalized and that doctors have not diagnosed him as of yet. It sounds like he is in a very good facility - one that does not jump into making a quick diagnosis.

They need to get him rested and medicated. It can take some time to determine which meds work and which don't. It is my hope that Kanye remains in care for a good long while - either where he is or in an after care facility. He is obviously an intelligent man and once he is stabilized and a preliminary diagnosis is determined, there will be much for him to learn about living with mental illness. And yes, someday I'd like to see him turn that wild energy of his into becoming an advocate.

I’m sad to hear this, it’s been obvious to me, Kanye has been suffering from mental illness, for a long time. I have Bi-Polar Disorder, and see symptoms of the illness in Kanye. The sleep deprivation is one of the hallmarks, of BPD, and can lead to a psychotic break. If anything, Kanye needs treatment, which will probably lead to medication, to stabilize, and ongoing therapy, to stay well. I’m praying for Kanye; to be given the love and support, he needs. Comments making fun, of not making money from concerts, and receiving insurance money, these are the least of concern now. Off my soapbox now.

I’m sad to hear this, it’s been obvious to me, Kanye has been suffering from mental illness, for a long time. I have Bi-Polar Disorder, and see symptoms of the illness in Kanye. The sleep deprivation is one of the hallmarks, of BPD, and can lead to a psychotic break. If anything, Kanye needs treatment, which will probably lead to medication, to stabilize, and ongoing therapy, to stay well. I’m praying for Kanye; to be given the love and support, he needs. Comments making fun, of not making money from concerts, and receiving insurance money, these are the least of concern now. Off my soapbox now.

Pet woman,

Thank you for your insight. I'm sorry for any pain you suffered to manage your BPD. So many people don't understand how difficult it can be.

It's sometimes difficult to tell the difference between symptoms of mental illness and symptoms of addiction. Whichever it is, or even if it's possibly both, I hope he is successful in recovering.
At the time this happened many patients who were being treated for various mental health problems felt quite concerned about Kayne .

At the time this happened many patients who were being treated for various mental health problems felt quite concerned about Kayne .

I don’t see him handling the divorce well. And now he’s rebounding with someone who is rebounding as well.

He really needs help, I imagine though it’s tough for people like him to seek the help and stay the course.

Sad.
I would think Kim is concerned for her children in his presence. moo
I hope he is able to get the help he needs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer
Back