NY NY - Mary Anne Wesolowski, 13, Glens Falls, 18 Aug 1971

It is 100% possible that the Mary Anne that was in the Buffalo fire could have been the MP that we are discussing... the only thing that refutes that possibility so far is the age/date of birth are off by a year or two and there was a last name misspelling in one of the newspaper articles on the last name.
Snipped

Dan,

There is absolutely no chance that the Maryann who died in the fire is the Mary Anne who is a missing person.

You say that there's nothing to refute the possibility, but there is no reason whatsoever to think that there is any connection. It's reckless to try to link them just because they had similar names. Plenty of people share a name.; it means nothing (especially since Mary is one of the most common first names).

Mary Anne Wesolowski was never seen after August 18, 1971.

Snipped

Dan,

There is absolutely no chance that the Maryann who died in the fire is the Mary Anne who is a missing person.

You say that there's nothing to refute the possibility, but there is no reason whatsoever to think that there is any connection. It's reckless to try to link them just because they had similar names. Plenty of people share a name.; it means nothing (especially since Mary is one of the most common first names).

Mary Anne Wesolowski was never seen after August 18, 1971.

No one is saying there is any proof that they are the same person, just that it could be possible. Discussing a possibility is not reckless... no one is claiming to be correct or that anything is proven or absolute. She could have run away or been kidnapped and ended up in the Buffalo area later... pure speculation without proof, Yes... but it is not an impossibility.

Last edited:
I understand the people from the fire are deceased, and that missing Mary Ann has never been seen or heard from since her disappearance. This is why I asked for more on how or why this Jennifer from NT was being linked.

I don't want to contact her if there is no more reason to other than her having the same name as a deceased baby of a deceased woman named Mary Ann.

The suggestion that all of these people are linked or NT Jennifer would have survived the fire was not mine. I only meant to offer to sew that up by reaching out to her tbecause we have mutual friends (I think that is less creepy than a total stranger or her googling her name someday and finding this thread). Especially since a personal address is being put out there.

Sorry if I was over explaining or have missed something here. I just wanted to help put it to bed because I do have a six degrees of separation from this person. It would be easier to just ask (if there is good reason to) rather than speculate.

At this point I won't reach out because it feels like pot stirring. I appreciate the input, and I hope my intention was understood.

Last edited:
Bumping for Mary Anne - who has been missing for:

From and including: Wednesday, August 18, 1971
To, but not including Friday, September 24, 2021

18,300 days
It is 18,300 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 50 years, 1 month, 6 days excluding the end date.

A bit of new info.. I never saw this 3 part news expose that our local News Channel WNYT13 out of Albany did where they interviewed @Paul wesolowski about a year ago.. Very interesting. There is a new age-progessed photo of Mary Anne at the end of the 3rd video. Being from the area it really hits home seeing Paul walking around Haviland's Cove beach during the interview. I have been there many many times. Just the fact that the Glens Falls Post office now stands on (or very near) the location of where they lived at the time (area has since been completely changed) makes it sink in even more, how long it has been since the day she disappeared. I grew up using that post office. These videos are on Youtube.
Video 1 - Cold Case 13 Mary Anne Wesolowski Part 1
Video 2 - Cold Case 13 Mary Anne Wesolowski Part 2
Video 3 - Cold Case 13 Mary Anne Wesolowski Part 3

To recap the videos (which are great, and short), Maryanne’s brother Paul reiterates:
  • He and she and one of her friends (never identified) went to Haviland Cove and saw their mother’s boyfriend, Chuck Phillips, there with another woman
  • Paul and Mary Anne returned home and told their mother
  • On the way back, encountered a group of young men at another ‘swimming hole’. They asked the 2 girls to come back. (Never identified)
  • Their mother told them to return to the beach and tell Phillips to come home
  • MA returned alone and was never seen again.
  • Mother left town soon after disappearance, gave up custody to the 2 boys to birth father.
  • On her death bed, told Paul she didn’t have anything to do with MA’s disappearance, which struck him odd.
Glens Falls PD says, contra previous comments:
  • Phillips was never interviewed (or at least it’s not documented in current case file)
  • Phillips is dead now
  • A note was found in MA’s room (“Ma, I am running away. I might miss you. Maryanne Wesolowski.”). Handwriting never confirmed as MA’s.
  • Mother had ‘explosive’ personality and was later arrested for DV assault (stabbing)
  • Neither mother or Phillips were ever declared or cleared as POI/suspects
  • Kenneth Yarter was working in Glens Falls at the time but has denied involvement; the current GF cold case detective continues to attempt to interview him.
  • Thinks it ‘very unlikely’ she ran away.

To recap the videos (which are great, and short), Maryanne’s brother Paul reiterates:
  • He and she and one of her friends (never identified) went to Haviland Cove and saw their mother’s boyfriend, Chuck Phillips, there with another woman
  • On the way back, encountered a group of young men at another ‘swimming hole’. They asked the 2 girls to come back. (Never identified)
  • Mother left town soon after disappearance, gave up custody to the 2 boys to birth father.
  • On her death bed, told Paul she didn’t have anything to do with MA’s disappearance, which struck him odd.
  • Phillips was never interviewed (or at least it’s not documented in current case file)
  • Phillips is dead now
  • A note was found in MA’s room (“Ma, I am running away. I might miss you. Maryanne Wesolowski.”). Handwriting never confirmed as MA’s.
  • Mother had ‘explosive’ personality and was later arrested for DV assault (stabbing)
  • Kenneth Yarter was working in Glens Falls at the time but has denied involvement; the current GF cold case detective continues to attempt to interview him.
Thanks for summarizing these.. didn't have time but wanted to get them posted for everyone.#justiceformaryanne

A bit of new info.. I never saw this 3 part news expose that our local News Channel WNYT13 out of Albany did where they interviewed @Paul wesolowski about a year ago.. Very interesting. There is a new age-progessed photo of Mary Anne at the end of the 3rd video. Being from the area it really hits home seeing Paul walking around Haviland's Cove beach during the interview. I have been there many many times. Just the fact that the Glens Falls Post office now stands on (or very near) the location of where they lived at the time (area has since been completely changed) makes it sink in even more, how long it has been since the day she disappeared. I grew up using that post office. These videos are on Youtube.
Video 1 - Cold Case 13 Mary Anne Wesolowski Part 1
Video 2 - Cold Case 13 Mary Anne Wesolowski Part 2
Video 3 - Cold Case 13 Mary Anne Wesolowski Part 3
I’m going to be honest, I’m still not right after the filming of that video. I stood on the very spot, where I last saw Maryanne, and I have dreams about her regularly. How can someone just disappear from the face of the Earth? I have wrestled with the question, “was my mother involved?” I have many reasons for thinking that, but, my Mom has passed, so we will never know. I ask God, daily, to give me peace of mind, and closure. I’m still waiting, sadly….

I’m going to be honest, I’m still not right after the filming of that video. I stood on the very spot, where I last saw Maryanne, and I have dreams about her regularly. How can someone just disappear from the face of the Earth? I have wrestled with the question, “was my mother involved?” I have many reasons for thinking that, but, my Mom has passed, so we will never know. I ask God, daily, to give me peace of mind, and closure. I’m still waiting, sadly….
I am so sorry for all you have gone through Paul. And for your sister, peace be with her. I hope you know that I myself, and I believe everyone here, has the best of intentions and is hoping to help you.. not to cause you further pain by bringing this stuff up. We all hope that although it was so very long ago, and despite the fact that so much has happened, and has changed since, that you will someday get the closure that you need. Until then, you have friends out there.. on this message board, and I am sure on others that none of us know about... routing for you, and for Mary Anne. As a member of the Glens Falls community, I feel especially driven to watch for new updates and anything that could be related to help in resolving your sisters case... Let's all hope that soon we can. Please reach out anytime if I can help in any way! I live in Hartford now.. so i'm not far away. -Dan-

Last edited:
I am so sorry for all you have gone through Paul. And for your sister, peace be with her. I hope you know that I myself, and I believe everyone here, has the best of intentions and is hoping to help you.. not to cause you further pain by bringing this stuff up. We all hope that although it was so very long ago, and despite the fact that so much has happened, and has changed since, that you will someday get the closure that you need. Until then, you have friends out there.. on this message board, and I am sure on others that none of us know about... routing for you, and for Mary Anne. As a member of the Glens Falls community, I feel especially driven to watch for new updates and anything that could be related to help in resolving your sisters case... Let's all hope that soon we can. Please reach out anytime if I can help in any way! I live in Hartford now.. so i'm not far away. -Dan-
Hey Dan, thanks for your kind words Brother.
I am quite baffled, that Chuck Phillips wasn’t even interviewed, DESPITE, the fact that I gave his name to the FBI, NYSP, GFPD, when I was interviewed way back then.Maryanne and I both saw him at Havilands Cove beach, on the day she disappeared. GF Detectives told me recently, that Chuck Phillips , when questioned years later, claimed that he was in Florida on the day of Maryanne’s disappearance. Not true, obviously. Why wasn’t he questioned THEN, knowing that I had already identified him as being at the beach with another woman, and NOT happy, that we saw him. Then, my Mom sent Maryanne back down there, and she hasn’t been seen since. Something just doesn’t add up here.

I am quite baffled, that Chuck Phillips wasn’t even interviewed, DESPITE, the fact that I gave his name to the FBI, NYSP, GFPD, when I was interviewed way back then.Maryanne and I both saw him at Havilands Cove beach, on the day she disappeared. GF Detectives told me recently, that Chuck Phillips , when questioned years later, claimed that he was in Florida on the day of Maryanne’s disappearance. Not true, obviously. Why wasn’t he questioned THEN, knowing that I had already identified him as being at the beach with another woman, and NOT happy, that we saw him. Then, my Mom sent Maryanne back down there, and she hasn’t been seen since. Something just doesn’t add up here.
Agreed.. if they did not interview him that was an agreegious mistake and completely unacceptable. I wonder if they did interview him and the record of it was lost... either way... it does seem probable that he was involved.

Hey Dan, Apparently, Missing and Exploited Children, sent some of their people to Glens Falls PD, and went through Maryanne’s files. They have found some leads, and GFPD is going to be following up on them. I’m praying for a miracle. Thanks again Brother, for all your support.

• Phillips is dead now
The letter written by Maryanne is confirmed, by me. I spent a lot of time with her growing up, and I know what her handwriting looks like. The contents of the letter, and the way she signed it, is very strange.

Hey Dan, Apparently, Missing and Exploited Children, sent some of their people to Glens Falls PD, and went through Maryanne’s files. They have found some leads, and GFPD is going to be following up on them. I’m praying for a miracle. Thanks again Brother, for all your support.
@Paul wesolowski OMG That is AMAZING news my friend! I am so glad to hear this! Please keep me/us updated with anything you can share if you hear more!!!!!!!!!!!

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for Mary Anne Wesolowski? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back