TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven years, wow.

I have always believed Missy was targeted in a planned attack. Planned to the nth degree - costume, gait, timing, location. I just can’t decide whether the perp was a scorned wife, or a husband trying to silence an affair. They should be looking at couples connected to LE, IMO.

Seven years, wow.

I have always believed Missy was targeted in a planned attack. Planned to the nth degree - costume, gait, timing, location. I just can’t decide whether the perp was a scorned wife, or a husband trying to silence an affair. They should be looking at couples connected to LE, IMO.
Fully agreed.

For whatever reason, many people will try extremely hard to convince you it was a burglary gone wrong.

Personally, and having dug pretty deep into this case at the beginning, I would suggest a close connection to local law enforcement. Crickets indeed.

My opinion only…
Maybe. Not suspecting (in some good faith) the client of a hit-man would be sufficient, for example. IMO

Seven years, wow.

I have always felt it was a team, woman inside, man outside in car feeding updates on what is happening / MB pulling up, heading inside, etc..

I have no actual facts to base this off of......my opinion only........my personal feelings are based off the fact of the issues within their marriage (indiscretions) and a scorned spouse/couple. I don't feel like the husband was involved at all, only someone scorned (whether perceived or actual).

The bad weather is a perfect time for someone who wants to break into a place and goof around inside. The noise of the rain and wind would block out the sound of breaking in. You also have less chance of people out and about to witness unusual activity, either walking, or driving. Also of note, burglary just means breaking in, one could commit burglary without the intent to steal anything, but to just cause vandalism.

That quote on Wikipedia, claiming it was a targeted attack, is out of date and no longer accurate. If you research more recent comments from investigators, they do not know if it was targeted, or not. Here are two articles that state it is still unknown if it was a targeted attack or if Missy interrupted a burglary.

Please pull the quotes from LEO in those two links you've provided that state your claim that LE feels it may have been an interrupted burglary as I did not find any such quotes by them stating such. Although, admittedly, I'm a speed reader and could have missed them.

TIA

Ha @k-mac burgling is a proper word in the UK, I believe it’s burglarizing in the US. Anyway, apparently nothing was taken, not even Missy’s iPad or phone, so I pronounce him/her a rubbish burglar (but arguably a successful murderer)
Until it’s proven otherwise, I will fully believe it was a targeted murder.

However, I can be sold on the idea that if it was not, then the burglar wisely did not take anything that may link them back to it.

Added edit: I can also be sold on the idea that if it was a burglary gone wrong, then the burglar (now murder) left as soon as possible and abandoned any ideas of looting.

I still don’t believe it was a burglary but those are valid points.

Please pull the quotes from LEO in those two links you've provided that state your claim that LE feels it may have been an interrupted burglary as I did not find any such quotes by them stating such. Although, admittedly, I'm a speed reader and could have missed them.

TIA

I stated police say the motive is unknown, that would include not knowing if it was targeted, or wrong place, wrong time, they don't know.

I don't know how to properly quote, and I am not even sure if this comment is just to be argumentative, or serious, because there are clearly statements in the articles. An article published in 2021, quoting the police chief, is more reliable than a Wikipedia quote from 2016, because anyone can edit a Wikipedia page. I am sorry, but not going to reread both articles and go through all the trouble in case my quoting is wrong and then deleted by mods. I did grab one example from the wfaa article

The Smith quoted is Midlothian Police Chief Carl Smith:

Police said without a suspect, it’s been hard to come up with a motive or a theory on what happened and why Missy was murdered.

“I will tell you that we have not ruled out or confirmed one path or the other,” said Smith

I just watched a video by Pat Brown (a profiler) and I have to say that her assessment resonated with me.

The casual way the perp walked around the building, checking doors here and there, implied no planned impending assasination or crime of passion. The person acted like a security guard cop-wanna-be. (Perhaps too unstable and unfit for police work.) Perhaps he hoped he would come across something to steal, but, if no such luck, he was carrying out his police fantasy scenario. He was likely surprised by Missy...and the unstable individual lashed out at the "bad intruder" and smashed her with his hammer and pry-bar. The person probably didn't expect anybody to show up at 4:20 on a Monday morning.

I believe Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
This has reminded me of someone who hangs round the town where I work. He has ADHD and is obsessed with the police/security. At one point he had some sort of radio and was pretending to be a security guard.

He makes up stories about helping the police. Being in police helicopters and police cars, chasing bad guys.

He is harmless but I can imagine him doing what you described. Maybe not the final attack part but if he was surprised and totally into his fantasy, then who knows.

MIDLOTHIAN (CBSNewsTexas.com) – It was a murder that's haunted the city of Midlothian since 2016.

The killing of Missy Bevers seven years ago today remains unsolved.

Tuesday night, a memorial service was held in a Midlothian park. CBS News Texas spoke to the women who have spent the last three years trying to do what police haven't been able to – catch a killer.

A small group of Midlothian residents gathered in a park to observe the passing of another year since the murder of Missy Bevers.

One of the officers at the murder scene that morning, who now works for another police department, says he still has faith in the Midlothian detectives who have been working on the case for seven years.

Years later, police haven't made any arrests. Yet, Assistant Police Chief Scott Brown wants the community to understand the department doesn't consider the case "cold."

There are several ways people can share anonymous tips.

• By calling Crime Stoppers of Ellis County at 972-937-PAYS (7297)
• By calling the Midlothian Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at 972-775-7634
• By private message via our Facebook Page, Midlothian Police Department – Texas (@MidlothianTXPD)

Very curious as to what ''other country'' LE may have searched..and if any of MB's former special needs students (if able) have been questioned too.

April 18 2023 rbbm. lengthy article.
''Midlothian police Chief Carl Smith told WFAA in 2021 that investigators have released most of the information about the case, including the surveillance video of a person in tactical gear inside the church when Bevers was killed. But Smith also said police are still protecting some evidence, as it could help them down the road when an arrest is made.
Through the years, detectives have interviewed and re-interviewed witnesses and traveled out of the state, and even out of the country, for some interviews.
But no breaks in the case have happened.
In the meantime, a billboard stays posted in Ellis County, featuring Bevers' picture and asking for Crime Stoppers tips: "Help find her killer!"

''Bevers, a 45-year-old mother of three daughters, was married to Brandon Bevers, and the family lived in Red Oak, east of Midlothian. She had previously been a teacher who worked with students with special needs. On the day of her killing, she was teaching a Camp Gladiator boot camp fitness class at Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian.''

''Bevers died of puncture wounds to her head and chest, officials determined. Investigators have not said if they know what type of weapon was used in Bevers' killing.''
1681915855223.png
''The person on the video also appeared to have a unique walk, with their feet turned outward, "more predominantly on the right foot," police said. Investigators are interested in people "who fall within or near this height range, and have a similar walk or gait or may have had a similar walk or gait" at the time of the Bevers' killing. Police noted that it's possible the person's unique walk was caused by a temporary condition.''

Missy Bevers was killed while preparing to teach a fitness class in Midlothian. Police and family talk about the latest in the case with WFAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member