Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how he's funding the care home? Would it be state funded?

Also, who is paying for the legal representation? It must have cost an absolute fortune so far as they will have had to go through all the information gathered so far and there is seemingly more action to come. I suppose he has already had many other agencies onto him that we don't even know about but can imagine, relating to his life of crime and income.

I wonder how he's funding the care home? Would it be state funded?

Also, who is paying for the legal representation? It must have cost an absolute fortune so far as they will have had to go through all the information gathered so far and there is seemingly more action to come. I suppose he has already had many other agencies onto him that we don't even know about but can imagine, relating to his life of crime and income.
loaded

Bangalow Village is a nursing home providing long term (permanent) and short term (respite) aged care. We have operated since 1997. Let us help you stay healthy, active and connected as you live life your way.

My hunch is that his family has kicked him out of home and he has moved to the long-term section of this facility but he is pretending to be in the respite care section for reasons of encouraging sympathy from the public and lawyers.

Usually one stays in respite care because you have recently had an operation or been in hospital.

Bangalow Village is a nursing home providing long term (permanent) and short term (respite) aged care. We have operated since 1997. Let us help you stay healthy, active and connected as you live life your way.

My hunch is that his family has kicked him out of home and he has moved to the long-term section of this facility but he is pretending to be in the respite care section for reasons of encouraging sympathy from the public and lawyers.

Usually one stays in respite care because you have recently had an operation or been in hospital.
Or the family needs a break for a while

His SC costs between $2000 and $10,000 per day for court appearances according to payment guides for top SC’s. This is not a quote from his fee structure. It’s a general amount quoted online for what fees to expect when hiring a lawyer.

Plus all the catch up reading and research usually around $500 p/h even if conducted by juniors not much cheaper... I don't see how he could have afforded to take on this case.

I suppose if he has sold a property / valuable possessions then in this one step of transaction it could be considered he is self-funding? But really aren't we all wondering where he got the money to buy those items in the first place? That in itself alleges a serious money laundering case as well as the straightforward deception, fraud, theft. Usually by now, one's assets would be frozen and extremely serious restrictions put upon one's life pending investigation of all books and accounts by the relevant government departments.

Is it possible the state has detained him for monitoring and supervision in this care home and he has voluntarily agreed it? Would that be public information? In the same way, is it possible the state has declared that RB is in need of legal representation due to the likelihood of the severity of possible charges and that bearing the cost is in the public interest?

I don't live in the UK and I'm not a legal professional either but I kinda know how things work LOL, JMO MOO

I don't think any lawyer would say someone was in respite care if they weren't.

Respite care can be 10 days after a minor surgery though. Or, privately funded, it could even be a few weeks due to absolutely nothing at all but wanting to be kept safe and looked after when feeling the need to rest.

I guess at his age, he has a plethora of ailments, as we all do as we age. And nobody can argue if a person states they are feeling mentally troubled or self harming *even if* they secretly suspect malingering or false report.

I am sorry if he really is in bad health. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, no matter what they've done.

Personally I hope he lives a long and healthy life.
That he may face the consequences of his actions and be brought to justice.
That he may become well and honourable enough to tell us what he has done to whom and where Marion is.
That is my prayer for RB (or whomever he really is)

He may have started out in respite at another place, say in Lismore, then more recently with knowledge the inquest was resuming, had himself moved to long term care......
From memory from my experience with my mother, there is a limit on the number of days you can go into respite care each year (it’s a bit cheaper than long term aged care) I think it’s around 2 months max per annum. If you need more than that you need to switch to long term aged care. I guess there may be more loopholes if you have multiple identities though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JammerSue