Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022 - #2

Terri left Oregon in May of 2015, and no one knew where she was. No one was stalking or harassing her in any way. However, by her own actions, she was soon front and center in the media.

Snipped quote: [Updated: Jan. 09, 2016, 12:30 p.m.] Horman, who investigators suspect played a role in the 7-year-old boy's sudden disappearance nearly six years ago, returned her Oregon license to the state Department of Motor Vehicles last May.
The department received notice on Sept. 21 that she had a new address in Sacramento, said Erin K. Soto, a spokeswoman from Motor Vehicles' record division.

Terri Horman, stepmom of missing Kyron Horman, moved to California, state records show

Snipped quote: In August 2015, Moulton’s roommate reported the 46 year old had stolen a handgun from a safe in his Marysville, California home. When contacted by police, officers say Moulton had the stolen gun in her possession.
Prosecutors charged Moulton with grand theft firearm, a misdemeanor crime. Records show she failed to show up for arraignment and a warrant was issued for her arrest.
On July 4, 2016, Moulton was booked and released from the Yuba County jail for failure to appear. She later pleaded not guilty to the theft charge.

Kyron Horman's stepmother accused of domestic violence

Snipped quote: The defense did not call a single witness, including Horman, during the two-day trial.
Prosecutors called a deputy police officer and Horman’s former roommate to the witness stand.
"I spoke with a few jurors afterward and they were unsure if she intended to permanently keep the gun," explained prosecutor Ashley Tuft in an email to KGW.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/terri-horman-not-guilty-of-gun-charge-in-california/283-452597022#:~:text=June 28, 2017-,PORTLAND, Ore.,was unrelated to Kyron's disappearance.

Snipped quote: The Sacramento man, who describes himself as Moulton's domestic partner, filed for a temporary restraining order against her on November 28. [2015]
“She was trying to put a knife – a kitchen knife to my face and then she was telling me that if I talked to law enforcement that something is going to happen to me or my family,” explained Cristobal.
A hearing on the restraining order has been schedule for December 16th in Sacramento County Superior Court. Moulton has not been charged for a crime related to Cristobal's accusations.

Kyron Horman's stepmother accused of domestic violence

Snipped quote: The former boyfriend of Terri Horman told KOIN 6 News he was granted a 2-year restraining order against her on Friday.
Horman, who is now known as Terri Moulton, did not appear in the California court. But her attorney, Sara Anderson, was there.

Terri Horman a no-show in domestic violence case

Snipped quote: [December 23, 2016] Belvedere Police arrested Terri Horman Friday for possessing a stolen vehicle, according to Marin County booking records.
Terri Horman Arrested for Third Time in 2016

Snipped quote: [January 6, 2017] Prosecutors in the Marin County District Attorney’s Office reviewed the evidence and determined they could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, said assistant district attorney Barry Borden. No charges will be filed.
Terri Horman won't face charges in stolen vehicle case - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

Lol, I would hope after a child went missing the school changed there security procedures.
Snipped quote: "The Early Show" reports that new security cameras have been installed throughout Skyline Elementary School to keep constant watch and ensure parents that the students are safe.

Seriously, you missed all that stalking of her previously brought up by @FergusMcDuck by using that erroneous 2015 start date. That isn't when the harrassment of Terri strted or ended.

- Stalked her in court
- Stalked out her parents home
- Stalked her workplaces
etc etc etc

SG, KHWS and their ilk all over social media making promises "“I will promise Terri one thing! She won’t have a job long!” Publishing her new addresses whenever they could find them out and asking people to make it known she was there/wasn't wanted. Harassing her employers. Every time you see Terri ask her where Kyron is. etc etc

Perhaps it's time to ask LE, what's up with Kyron and what are you doing to find him?

Kaine is a victim in all of this and I'm so sorry for his loss. Love is blind, though. And manipulators will manipulate. I know Kaine loved Kyron so much. He was just never able to see what he had married, in my opinion. Until it was much too late.

Snipped Quote: In his response to questions from KGW, Kaine acknowledged that people have commented about 'how could he marry a woman like this' and how could he 'not see this coming.'

In response, he wrote: "Terri was a good person when we first met and for several years (I’d say up until 2008). She was always about children (teaching) and helping them grow and develop. Her attitude was always about those types of things first, her own self not even being a priority close to that. I believe that this is the Terri that everyone else saw and got to know as I did."

"Honestly everyone, including myself, that knew her or knows her did not see this coming. She was not the type of person we are seeing right now," added Kaine Horman.

"There were some signs of emotional distress here and there over the past year and a half but not enough of that directed at any one person to conclude she would be capable of anything even remotely close to events of the severity we have all seen."

"She recently got her teaching license re-instated and has been applying for teaching positions so even the state of Oregon didn’t see this coming," wrote Kaine Horman.

Friday afternoon, Terri Horman agreed to vacate the family's home in Northwest Portland by 3 p.m. Saturday.

Does anyone have a link showing what time Terri's phone pinged? I have read it was at 10:39. We know she was in Michael's at 10:10 but for some reason nobody will release when she left Michaels.

But if the phone call was at 10:39 surely she didn't stop killing Kyron or disposing of his body to answer the phone.

Terri left Oregon in May of 2015, and no one knew where she was. No one was stalking or harassing her in any way. However, by her own actions, she was soon front and center in the media.

Snipped quote: [Updated: Jan. 09, 2016, 12:30 p.m.] Horman, who investigators suspect played a role in the 7-year-old boy's sudden disappearance nearly six years ago, returned her Oregon license to the state Department of Motor Vehicles last May.
The department received notice on Sept. 21 that she had a new address in Sacramento, said Erin K. Soto, a spokeswoman from Motor Vehicles' record division.

Terri Horman, stepmom of missing Kyron Horman, moved to California, state records show

More from this article:

She tried at least twice in state court to change her name but had no luck. She contended she was being harassed in the wake of Kyron's disappearance and was having a hard time finding a job.

When she tried to change her name to Claire Stella Sullivan in 2014, Horman told the judge that she needed a new name to start a new life without the stigma of Horman attached to it. The judge turned her down, saying a name change would not be in the public's interest.

She also tried to get a stalking order against a woman she said was harassing and threatening her on social media and at her court appearances.

[...]

But the order wasn't granted.

So she was harassed and stalked, and the courts didn't care.

Horman also quit her job in Eugene last year as a caregiver for Shangri-La Corp. despite a positive review from her employer. The company's chief executive officer said Horman quit because Horman "recognized the impact her employment had" on the nonprofit after news of where she worked leaked out.

[...]

Before that, she had tried to get a job at the Veterans Affairs hospital in Roseburg. She said in court that she started out as a volunteer at the hospital, but wasn't allowed to work there. "Because of who I am, that was their words,'' she testified during a Douglas County court hearing on her requested name change.

She could not get a job in Oregon, due to outside pressure.

Horman hasn't been allowed to see her daughter, Kiara, since shortly after her stepson's disappearance. Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, filed for divorce on June 28, 2010 -- 24 days after Kyron was last seen.

[...]

In June 2014, a Multnomah County judge granted custody of the daughter to Kaine Horman, but approved a plan to help reunite the mother and child and allow visitation.

Terri Horman had started meeting with an assigned "parent coordinator'' as required, but the logistics and costs of having a psychological assessment done proved challenging, according to sources familiar with the case. The plan is now on hold.

And despite fighting for and getting at least the possibility to reunite with her child, she didn't have the funds (due to the harassment and loss of jobs) to achieve it.

So, in 2015 she leaves Oregon. Her first year in California appears to have been difficult - but of course when charges were brought she was acquitted. There doesn't seem to have been any actual substance there. I do wonder if there wasn't something to this quote by Terri's lawyer:

“It does appear Ms. Moulton was pursued because of who she was and her background – not necessarily on the merits of this case,” Richards tells PEOPLE.

Seriously, you missed all that stalking of her previously brought up by @FergusMcDuck by using that erroneous 2015 start date. That isn't when the harrassment of Terri strted or ended.

- Stalked her in court
- Stalked out her parents home
- Stalked her workplaces
etc etc etc

SG, KHWS and their ilk all over social media making promises "“I will promise Terri one thing! She won’t have a job long!” Publishing her new addresses whenever they could find them out and asking people to make it known she was there/wasn't wanted. Harassing her employers. Every time you see Terri ask her where Kyron is. etc etc

Perhaps it's time to ask LE, what's up with Kyron and what are you doing to find him?

She disappeared from the media's view sometime in May 2015. They lost track of her for a bit.

Further down in the same link, the following discusses her stalking trials and tribulations. It's a shame the order wasn't granted because she would have had to testify.
Snipped quote: She also tried to get a stalking order against a woman she said was harassing and threatening her on social media and at her court appearances.
"I have no knowledge where Kyron may be and have proclaimed my innocence of any wrongdoing to law enforcement as well as I was not the last person to be seen with him to which my attorney has stated in court, on the record,'' she wrote in the petition last year.
She wrote that she, along with others, "want nothing more than Kyron to be found and safely returned home.''
But the order wasn't granted.

Does anyone have a link showing what time Terri's phone pinged? I have read it was at 10:39. We know she was in Michael's at 10:10 but for some reason nobody will release when she left Michaels.

But if the phone call was at 10:39 surely she didn't stop killing Kyron or disposing of his body to answer the phone.
Do we know that she answered the phone? I don't think I ever heard that. I heard it might have been her mother but that could be determined later. The 10:39 a.m. time is the time Terri gives for the ping. Below is the time given in the book by Rebecca Morris. I'm not sure of a media link--I really don't think there is one.

[Pg 73] According to detectives, at 11 a.m. on June 4, Terri's cell phone pinged off a tower near an island where two channels of the Willamette River meet the Columbia River and flow one hundred miles to the Pacific Ocean. ... Terri told police the ping was because of the route she took while trying to quiet [baby K]. The MCSO narrowed the ping to within a mile of the cell phone tower. To the west were roads off Highway 30 and deep woods, as well as roads near Kaine's house and the school. To the east were Sauvie and thousands of acres of marsh and waterways.
"Boy Missing - The Search for Kyron Horman" by Rebecca Morris

Do we know that she answered the phone? I don't think I ever heard that. I heard it might have been her mother but that could be determined later. The 10:39 a.m. time is the time Terri gives for the ping. Below is the time given in the book by Rebecca Morris. I'm not sure of a media link--I really don't think there is one.

[Pg 73] According to detectives, at 11 a.m. on June 4, Terri's cell phone pinged off a tower near an island where two channels of the Willamette River meet the Columbia River and flow one hundred miles to the Pacific Ocean. ... Terri told police the ping was because of the route she took while trying to quiet [baby K]. The MCSO narrowed the ping to within a mile of the cell phone tower. To the west were roads off Highway 30 and deep woods, as well as roads near Kaine's house and the school. To the east were Sauvie and thousands of acres of marsh and waterways.
Boy Missing is written using Desiree's input not actual backed up heard from the mouth of info. Kwim?

I'd love to hear why someone thinks Terri's guilty without it being started by Desiree said. Since the majority of the damning things Desiree has said absolutely cannot be backed up and in some cases have been proven false.

Edited to add: we know darned well LE knows exactly when her phone rang and if in fact she answered it but aren't releasing that info. Grrr

It is interesting since the common implication in 2010 reporting was that she had pinged on the island, but according to this the MCSO always knew that the tower was by hwy 30. This quote from a screenshotted email between friends of Terri is telling.

Still very focused on Sauvie Island and telling me that she was driving down highway 30 on the day Kyron disappeared, etc but she doesn't know why they're focusing on the island.

I've been very critical of the MCSO, but I have to think they had at least one other reason for the focus on Sauvie Island - some white truck sighting that seemed particularly promising, or something like that. Because if they didn't... yeesh.

Kaine is a victim in all of this and I'm so sorry for his loss. Love is blind, though. And manipulators will manipulate. I know Kaine loved Kyron so much. He was just never able to see what he had married, in my opinion. Until it was much too late.

Snipped Quote: In his response to questions from KGW, Kaine acknowledged that people have commented about 'how could he marry a woman like this' and how could he 'not see this coming.'

In response, he wrote: "Terri was a good person when we first met and for several years (I’d say up until 2008). She was always about children (teaching) and helping them grow and develop. Her attitude was always about those types of things first, her own self not even being a priority close to that. I believe that this is the Terri that everyone else saw and got to know as I did."

"Honestly everyone, including myself, that knew her or knows her did not see this coming. She was not the type of person we are seeing right now," added Kaine Horman.

"There were some signs of emotional distress here and there over the past year and a half but not enough of that directed at any one person to conclude she would be capable of anything even remotely close to events of the severity we have all seen."

"She recently got her teaching license re-instated and has been applying for teaching positions so even the state of Oregon didn’t see this coming," wrote Kaine Horman.

Friday afternoon, Terri Horman agreed to vacate the family's home in Northwest Portland by 3 p.m. Saturday.

Indeed - no one saw it coming.

What caused the 'coming' of this sudden revelation?? --- Whatever it was that LE told them that caused Kaine to leave and the failed sting on the same day --- that's what. Just as I've previously posted, but I appreciate your link confirming it.

Failed Sting: So it failed. Perhaps that's because this supposed murder for hire plot, and the details surrounding it that they gave Kaine and Desiree, was not based upon any actual evidence or actual facts.

Now why do I thnk it was based on no evidnce or facts? Because they neither arrested her nor charged her with that supposed MFH plot and let the statute of imitations run down the clock on it. And, IMO when we see cases of major crimes where the murderer of a child "is known", but evdence lacks at the tie to nail them for it LE always seems to find another means to get the believed-perpetrator locked up anyway so they can bide their time on the murder.

Ron and Misty go down on the drug charges (Hayleigh Cummings anyone?) exatly as they should have. If LE had an actual and factual MFH plot that Terrir supposedly did, why then did they give her a pass on the charges? Not enough evidence to convict? .... Yet they didn't even give it a measely try.

That's telling to me.

Indeed - no one saw it coming.

What caused the 'coming' of this sudden revelation?? --- Whatever it was that LE told them that caused Kaine to leave and the failed sting on the same day --- that's what. Just as I've previously posted, but I appreciate your link confirming it.

Failed Sting: So it failed. Perhaps that's because this supposed murder for hire plot, and the details surrounding it that they gave Kaine and Desiree, was not based upon any actual evidence or actual facts.

Now why do I thnk it was based on no evidnce or facts? Because they neither arrested her nor charged her with that supposed MFH plot and let the statute of imitations run down the clock on it. And, IMO when we see cases of major crimes where the murderer of a child "is known", but evdence lacks at the tie to nail them for it LE always seems to find another means to get the believed-perpetrator locked up anyway so they can bide their time on the murder.

Ron and Misty go down on the drug charges (Hayleigh Cummings anyone?) exatly as they should have. If LE had an actual and factual MFH plot that Terrir supposedly did, why then did they give her a pass on the charges? Not enough evidence to convict? .... Yet they didn't even give it a measely try.

That's telling to me.
Was it really a murder for hire? I mean if you even believe it actually happened. The story was she supposedly told Rudy that Kaine always carried $10,000 in cash on him and if Rudy killed him, he could keep that money. Maybe it was a set up but I don't know if it would fly as a murder for hire.

Was it really a murder for hire? I mean if you even believe it actually happened. The story was she supposedly told Rudy that Kaine always carried $10,000 in cash on him and if Rudy killed him, he could keep that money. Maybe it was a set up but I don't know if it would fly as a murder for hire.
It was a comically inept effort

Boy Missing is written using Desiree's input not actual backed up heard from the mouth of info. Kwim?

I'd love to hear why someone thinks Terri's guilty without it being started by Desiree said. Since the majority of the damning things Desiree has said absolutely cannot be backed up and in some cases have been proven false.

Edited to add: we know darned well LE knows exactly when her phone rang and if in fact she answered it but aren't releasing that info. Grrr
IMO, MOO, JMO

A mother has intuition, knowing, love that transcends all understanding. That is what Desiree and sweet Kyron have. A child can feel his mother's presence, in a room, even without visual confirmation. And vice-versa.True family.
Multiple studies confirm the connection of biological, DNA , ancestral, and internal-radar type unspoken ( and spoken) knowledge of one's parent+child heart-prints.

We have long wanted the District Attorney and premiere Law Enforcement to make the arrest!
It is long, long overdue. The torture for Desiree and all of sweet Kyron's family, neighbors,co-workers, friends, community, and everyone wanting JUSTICE, is to make the arrest !

Desiree is Kyron's mother, she has knowledge and intuition, spot-on. She is right and the arrest should be made ! The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind hard, and, in time, bring justice. Sweet, kind-hearted Kyron did not deserve this heinous crime... there is enough preponderance of evidence, the arrest needs to be made, nothing less. His heart-print and his loving mother's is strong.

IMO, MOO, JMO

A mother has intuition, knowing, love that transcends all understanding. That is what Desiree and sweet Kyron have. A child can feel his mother's presence, in a room, even without visual confirmation. And vice-versa.True family.
Multiple studies confirm the connection of biological, DNA , ancestral, and internal-radar type unspoken ( and spoken) knowledge of one's parent+child heart-prints.

We have long wanted the District Attorney and premiere Law Enforcement to make the arrest!
It is long, long overdue. The torture for Desiree and all of sweet Kyron's family, neighbors,co-workers, friends, community, and everyone wanting JUSTICE, is to make the arrest !

Desiree is Kyron's mother, she has knowledge and intuition, spot-on. She is right and the arrest should be made ! The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind hard, and, in time, bring justice. Sweet, kind-hearted Kyron did not deserve this heinous crime... there is enough preponderance of evidence, the arrest needs to be made, nothing less. His heart-print and his loving mother's is strong.
No, there are awful mothers out there who allow terrible things to happen to their kids or do those things themselves. Also as a mom who adopted I take issue with your DNA study.

No, there are awful mothers out there who allow terrible things to happen to their kids or do those things themselves. Also as a mom who adopted I take issue with your DNA study.
You aren't lying.

This forum is full of stories of evil mothers/fathers/parents who harmed or murdered their own children and also of step-moms/dads/parents or adoptive moms/dads/parents who murdered theirs.

It is also full of stories of awesome mothers/dads/parents, step-moms/dads/parents or adoptive moms/dads/parents who did not.

Likewise boyfriends/girlfriends etc.

Whatever study that is being bandied about is disengenious - at best - if that's the true context it is meant to imply here (that step-moms murder and biological mom don't ... and if that's not the context of the study it means nothing here). Word: step-moms and adoptive moms have 'intuition' too - also many stories of such on this forum. Sometimes that intuition is on & sometimes it's off.

DNA and being a mom of a child or a 'heart-print' certainly hasn't stopped thousands of them from murdering their biological offspring .... even those they've raised in their own homes from day one for years.

In this case, there is no doubt that Kaine and Desiree are victims, as well as Kyron who is the ultimate victim. Their biological link to him though does not mean that Terri may not also be a victim.

Would someone please clarify whether Dede got immunity and how? I hope that's a question that's allowed here.

Dede made the claim in a blog interview in September 2013 that she had made an immunity deal with the DA's office as well as agreeing to a polygraph and testifying to the Grand Jury. This has never been confirmed by the DA or the MCSO, but also never denied to my knowledge. Dede claims to have given the same information to the police in 2010 - and that she didn't think Terri had done it - but her refusal to take a polygraph back then was weighed against her. Finally taking one in 2013 and passing it is what - according to Dede - made the police take her off the suspect list.

More from this article:

So she was harassed and stalked, and the courts didn't care.

She could not get a job in Oregon, due to outside pressure.

And despite fighting for and getting at least the possibility to reunite with her child, she didn't have the funds (due to the harassment and loss of jobs) to achieve it.

So, in 2015 she leaves Oregon. Her first year in California appears to have been difficult - but of course when charges were brought she was acquitted. There doesn't seem to have been any actual substance there. I do wonder if there wasn't something to this quote by Terri's lawyer:
Terri is not the victim here. She is the perpetrator, and the author of her own misery. She harmed an innocent child, and should be in prison. Desiree and Kaine derserve answers.Terri has those answers,and people will keep after her until she talks. It won't stop.....and it shouldn't stop. She does not get to live her life in peace when Kyron's parents have none. If I ever run into her I'll ask her where Kyron is whether she likes it or not.
This is a forum about Kyron....the child who is still missing because of Terri. There are no excuses for what she's done.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back